Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012

Arzachel posted:

Haven't played in a while, I'm not sure what to aim for weapon wise. I have Volt, Burston and Orthos all leveled to 30, currently leveling a Cronos and Lato Vandal for mastery and farming Xini for a Banshee helm since I already got all the other parts. Are Kunai still the go-to secondary weapon upgrade? Also, what's the best way to get control modules?

I can tell you the WORST way! Take your shiny new Tier 1 Mobile Defense Key and jump into the Void with your week-old MAG. Easily the toughest bit of gaming I've experienced in a long while. I did get 3 modules in addition to leveling up my Braton and Lato. Even if it did take an hour and a half...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012
Man, this game... I've been playing for about 2 weeks now, and I'm addicted.

I started with a Mag, and I have to say that is the only "real" choice for a newbie. Pull by itself is incredible, and Polarize Shield is excellent for keeping you alive through the tougher stuff. I can also swear by the Bronco (soon to be double Broncos), all around excellent weapon.

I just finished cooking a Rhino, and I should have a Drakgoon tonight. Assuming I can pull together a decent stable of mods for the shotgun type, at what point can I be viable in Orokin Derelict/Orokin Void missions? There are a bunch of things I need/want from there (Forma/Catalyst blueprints), and my one attempt to solo a T1 Mobile Defense was incredibly hard, though successful.

I see LVL x-y on all of these mission nodes, but I really don't know how to translate that to expected Damage/Durability of mobs. At what point could I handle a Nightmare (lvl 48) node, for instance?

FYI, I'm in the clan, but my last attempt to get mumble working again ended in failure. I'll probably try a reinstall with another version tonight.

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012

Pierson posted:

Orokin Derelict is around mid-tier, with the exception of Survival which obviously can go as high as you can stand to keep going. You'll want probably at least one 'great' (lvl30, modded and potatoed) weapon to survive there as well as a frame with at minimum some decent shields and armour (or a Rhino, hah!).

Void 1 is easy enough and like you say can be done almost immediately and solo'd by anything. Void 2 you want to be around the same as Derelicts. Void 3 you want great gear and either a full team or top-tier gear, modded to gently caress and probably min-maxed if you want to go alone.

That sounds nice... but how do I go about getting a potato for that awesome weapon? I was under the impression that Void/Derelict are the only places those blueprints drop. I'm waiting on at least a 50% discount before I bite on IAP.

Also, I've seen in Invasions that Mutagen Mass and Fieldron can be obtained as rewards. Can this happen with a Detonator Injector? (or whatever the Clan crafted Grineer thing is)

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012

Argas posted:

According to the Codex, Oxium Ospreys can drop Hell's Chamber.

:stare: Well, now I know what I'm farming in the near future. I'm not even sure if Grineer Defense has a chance to award this mod anymore.

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012
So has there been any word at all on getting Malignant Force (Rifle Cicero reward) on the Nightmare Mod loot table, or something? I started playing around 1 week after that ended, and I'm feeling frustrated as all hell with my Grakata (don't judge me, it is my weapon of choice). From what I've found, good luck trading for the drat thing at under 3-600 plat.

It's kind of like the Primed Chamber thing, except just for meeeeeee. :bang:

Edit: Dyslexia!

Captaindirtnap fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Feb 26, 2014

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012
Is the google docs form still the right place to request clan access? The OP is a little dated in other areas.

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012

endlessmonotony posted:

Got any of those ridiculously expensive arcane hats?

Wait what? I've got like 8. You can sell these?

Captaindirtnap fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jul 16, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012

Magus42 posted:

I love my Arcane Vanguard helm for Rhino; having him be as fast as Loki is just wonderful :D

Yeah, it was the only helm I ended up making when I first got these however many years ago. Of course it's like 500 plat now.