Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

WeaponBoy posted:

I seriously doubt it. The platform specifies Windows and Sony will probably want it to go through their system so they get a cut. It's possible we might see codes in the future like how Microsoft would sell MS Point Packs, but I wouldn't expect those codes to work.
MS dropped MS Points earlier this year, it's just in local currency amounts now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Not having played since around Update 9.3/Operation Sling Stone/Informant, :allears: More dual pistols.
Any dud weapons I should avoid? It seems they've changed the damage system up.
I have a Formaed releveling Braton, Gorgon and a Strun for primary. Lex, Vasto and Aklato Secondaries. Kestrel and Furax for melee. MAG and RHINO for suits.

Is there still a Goon group around? We had a Psyduck Lotus for an emblem.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Is the Akmagnus better than the Aklex?
I already have a Lex so it would be easier to get that but willing to go for Akmagnus if they're just better.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I guess I'll go with the Akmagnus's then and keep the Lex to the side.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
How do I get an invite back into the Goon clan? I was booted for inactivity. (PC version)

Croccers fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Feb 13, 2014

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

limited posted:

I was cursing my dysfunctional body for waking me up in agony this morning, but it got blunted somewhat by the RNG being nice to me. Got a Forma to finish off making my Karak more of a murder machine from the login bonus, rifle ammo mutation so I can solo those tower missions easier, and the rifle amp aura for even more damage. :toot:
My mates give me crap for not running an Energy aura and instead running a nearly Maxed Rifle Amp with a mid-level Serration. gently caress them, as long as I have the energy to pop Iron Skin I wanna shoot thangs.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Shugojin posted:

I will only give you poo poo for not maxing the aura. An unmaxed aura, a shameful aura.
I keep getting distracted and using my cores on other things :(

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Can I build and use an Ogris if I'm not Level 6? I can't get a Penta yet, only Level 4.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Androc posted:

e: Disregard that, it's actually Rebound which actively makes the modded weapon worse.
I dunno, a maxed Rebound with that Power Throw mod is pretty funny to toss into a small room. Gimmicky but it's fun to watch.

Croccers fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Feb 17, 2014

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Does Pressure Point effect the Kestral's charge/throw damage or is that only Rending Strike/Killing Blow?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Helter Skelter posted:

The latter. The charge/normal attack disconnect in melee weapon mods is a big personal peeve of mine.
It's not that much of a problem with the Kestral (And I assume Glaive). There's a bunch of mods that effect Charge damage, I've stacked a couple on it with a mid-level Punch Through thing and it's fun to 1HK a line of enemies with one throw.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Piell posted:

So I just fought the Grineer Death Squad on a nightmare level. They have this little drone thing that covers you up if you get downed that stops you from bleeding out, but you can't shoot or move. If someone finishes the mission or you lose, then this happens.

Haha, Lotus is such a bitch.
Suck it cripple. Here's a plan to fix it or whatever, not my problem any more.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

AzureRequiem posted:

It's finally finished. Chapter 1 of Warframe Academy, AKA "What happens if someone offhandedly makes a joke about a high school anime Warframe fanfic and I take it literally?"

:siren:https://docs.google.com/document/d/18xU_bazea6D-4mNdbK78kGGwzBEJCI5v3uPRtZUcsyI/edit?usp=sharing:siren:
This needs some sirens on it to catch attention. Also what 90's/00's alternative punk song would be used as the title song for this?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Denzine posted:

Let's not have fun any more, go back to the grind, grind this new event and complain about how boring it is.

:siren:the fun is over.:siren:
:siren: :colbert: :siren:

I don't know how to get Rhino Prime parts but I want them now.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Did they fix the wacky wonky ragdolling from Kestrel throws? Cause I'm just getting people slumping over now :(

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
So clarification for the Spare Parts mod. Is it item drops from enemies or increase the chance of getting a drop when your Sentinel explodes?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Highest single target dps. A contender for highest Giant Blob of Enemies theoretical dps is the Stug, which is an amazingly fun sidearm besides.

I've potatoed mine and forma'd it once. I love it dearly.
Oh gawd the Stug. Mines not even at max level and it's still pretty rocking. I waste so much ammo spraying it around everywhere but one/two direct hits kills mid-level enemies. But stick on a Pistol Ammo Mutation and just spam away :black101: Do you like explosions filling your screen?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Whose dojos are we talking about? :psyduck:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

quote:

· Retired the Shamrock Color Picker from the Market – until next time, folks!
Wait what there was a new colour thing? :psyduck:
FFS I never saw anything about it here :argh:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
What kind of mods should I be throwing onto my Volt? Should I be gunning to get a Storm helmet?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Epsilon Plus posted:

I think I'm the only person that likes Interception.
I really like it and wish there was more maps for it :( But yeah, it totally loving sucks if you're a newbie because of the sheer difficulty wall.
I don't mind too much if I get bum-rushed by Grineer and have to back off a point to survive, then charge back in with some backup to recapture it. More interesting than Defence and Survival.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Helter Skelter posted:

North Korea is the only one of those that really raised an eyebrow for me, but apparently there has in fact been one player. The rest are somewhat surprising, but entirely believable.
Hasn't there been a few recent MP games that have had stray a North Best Korea user?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Helter Skelter posted:

It's The Gooneer is an invalid alliance name since it contains an apostrophe. Current (possibly temporary) alliance name is New Butt Order, which somehow made it past the filters.

Edit: I'm going to hold off on getting other clans into the alliance until things have settled a bit/research stuff has finished and a final name is determined.
Why not just The Gooneer?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Ahaha, there is a second Nikana in the Tenno Research lab. This one is red and requires 15,000 thousand Oxium to research instead of ten.
Yeah, we need to research the first one before we can get the up-graded one.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Urby posted:

Any Aussie goon clans set up or clans with Australians in them? I am in dire need of friends.
Just join up with the GOON. Lag isn't too bad for the most part. I play with my US friends all the time and it's only really an issue if someone is watching YouTube vids.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I just call the new frame SpaceNinja-Cthulhu :shrug:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Volt with Streamline and Flow.
Snipe Shock all day :allears:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I made a Stug because it looked like a super soaker. Then I kept using it cause it's an exploding goo-wad gun :allears:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

FirstPersonShitter posted:

I have the fracturing wind stance, but I dont really like channeling too much. I play as volt and I feel like my energy is better used frying crowds of dudes instead of punching one for 10 seconds.
I have Seismic Palm (The Rare stance) and... it's ok. It's quite slow for punching poo poo. I've also been playing with my Volt so I feel the same way. I can slowly punch dudes or I can fry and stun-lock them.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
The only way PVP would work is if they forced you into specifically designed/powered/modded frames with only a limited selection of weapons with pre-selected mods.
Which kinda maybe might work (But this is DE is it would never work) if they did PVP Rails as some kind of Left4Dead VS style thing. 4 super dudes vs. 4 constantly respawning generic guys and AI mobs.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
And what did they change about Mag that made her cool again? Well not cool but a year ago everyone said Mag was the suckiest frame to ever suck never pick it as your starter frame just make a new account and choose one of the others kind of crap.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

explosivo posted:

If I wanted to drop some cash on this game what would be my best bet? I typically go for boosts in F2P games if I can get them, I feel like spending $5-10 on a Warframe and maybe a gun is a bit much.
For getting plat too,either wait Steam sales and hope they do a discount on the packs on there, or the x% off Daily Reward things you can get. There's a 75% one but good luck ever rolling that! :v: There's a 20% and I think a 50% too?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

doomfunk posted:

Volt is awesome. He's got incredible shields and 100% status on his 1 and 4; anything that can be stunned by them will be. Speed is an amazing skill, and his electric barrier is incredibly useful. He's like someone combined Ember and Frost and made them fast.

Shooting through Electric Shield buffs damage or crit rate or something too it seems.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Coldbird posted:

Tentacle Swarm is a pain in the rear end. It never kills the tough things and now your teammates are stuck trying to shoot some random ancient or tech crewman or whatever as it gets flailed around in midair for who knows how long.
These are the best powers :colbert:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Oh gawd gently caress the Seer's zoom in :suicide:

Also the Akvastos are better because dual space revolvers, heeyaw

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I like slotting on the Auto Block mod with that Reflection one because I'll be shooting poo poo and suddenly I'll start flailing my Prova around like a retardninja master but still be damaging baddies.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I still just use that Sliding Melee trick.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

I love cats posted:

If you have the marelok, every other revolver's purpose is relegated to collecting points for the next mastery rank.

If you do not have the marelok, and you are pondering whether this or that pistol other than marelok is better, you should stop, and get the marelok immediately.
Because I haven't had any loving invaders spawn for loving months, that's why I don't have it. I swear DE have fiddled with things so I buy it instead of build it. Sure I have the plat but piss off.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Carecat posted:

Just expect the ship to not do a whole lot for months.
What happened to our loving ninja dogs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Get a Volt.
Zap everything and go fast.