Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

fookolt posted:

And is Mag really as good as people say it is?

Pull makes everything either die or it makes a big pile of half dead guys you can shoot bullets at, or Crush just makes everything die. It's quite good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Tokubetsu posted:

What's the best planet/mission to get Neurodes or are they just that rare?

Vey Hek is the best I've found.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Fat_Cow posted:

I got the PS+ pack, how long does it take the extra Plat to be added to your account?

Quit the client and sign back in, it should show up then.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Elysiume posted:

Can you re-craft a sword to get a better roll?

The slots are fixed to the weapon. So a Vasto will always have a V slot, no matter how many you make. If you want to change the polarity of a slot you need a Forma.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Feenix posted:

I have a mid-teens Rhino fighting Ruk solo. I am holding my own health-wise, but cannot damage him at all. IS there a trick or am I just doing it wrong or what?

Wait for him to do a big attack, then a section of his armor will open up. Shoot the glowing white things then.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Kalman posted:

Max Shock everything always. Chaining stun/damage.

I think I used overload once to test it out. Speed is fun but I hate the visual effect. I can't even remember the other power.

It's a small shield you can deploy. It feels like Frost's Snowglobe makes it irrelevant.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Munkaboo posted:

For someone just starting out (excalibur) what's my best option?

Carrier. It makes loot less of a hassle, and the shotgun does pretty good damage on it's own.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Whoa. Wife Turds posted:

Wolper, I swear to God they're trolling me. Missed the one a week ago, missed Rifle Amp the other morning, and now this.

All the good stuff is for people without jobs it seems. I've seen maybe 4 alerts with good rewards in the evening.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

I wish prime frames always had the silly head bits regardless of helmet. I love my Frost blender hat, but I want to show off my fancy gold bits.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Kalman posted:

Bigger problem is vortex, which can toss him through the floor and render the mission impossible to complete.

Or crash a PS4. I was farming Xini for a Banshee helmet blueprint (why is this thing so hard to get :negative:) and a Vauban dropped one. Just as I finish saying not to use it I crash out.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Huntsekker posted:

How's Valkyr? I'm thinking of buying of buying a new warframe for a change of pace. So far I have Volt, Rhino and Excalibur.

Valkyr is easy enough to get without paying for it. If you're going to buy a frame get Vauban, you can't farm missions for his parts.

From what people I play with say, Valkyr isn't the most ridiculously overpowered, but is still fun to play.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Chubbs posted:

I've had all the materials to build an Embolist for a while but it's not letting me build it. At first I thought that I didnt' have the BP yet so I bought it for 50k credits... and then realized that I already had one.

What gives? I have check marks on all the materials but there's an X on the image of the embolist itself.

Also, is there an easy way to link up Warframe with my steam marketplace? I accidentally chose not to when the prompt first popped up and now I don't know what to do.

You need to be a higher mastery rank, the Embolist requires rank 8.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Leyburn posted:

I asked for a PS4 clan invite a while back but haven't gotten anything yet? Maybe I'm not looking in the right place, but I think I am. PSN is Boycey83.

Some folks were recommending buying a sentinel with the starting platinum, but they all seem to be 75 plat and you only start with 50. What are my options, can you even earn platinum at all or do you have to buy it?

You have to buy Platinum, but if you're a PS+ member there's a free bonus you can get from the PS Store that comes with a bunch of plat.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

zgrowler2 posted:

I'm told you're supposed to feed it Formas until it becomes a cone of death. 5 and 6 seem to be magical numbers in that regard.

It doesn't even need that, just put serration, hellfire and wildfire on it and run around burning everything.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Kaldaris posted:

Better off building a Vasto. I built a Magnus and was very disappointed. :(

Plus with a Vasto you can always make another one and become an awesome space ninja cowboy.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Daric posted:

What exactly does the forma do? I hit 30 with Volt but I don't know what the Forma does so I'm not gonna mess with it.

It lets you change the polarity of one slot on a frame or weapon, but resets your level.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Killsion posted:

So I leveled a Vasto and loved it. My one complaint with the Vasto, was the small clipsize. Is it worth going for the Akvastos? On paper it should be everything I want, but I hear mixed things.

You lose a V polarity for some reason with the dual version. Otherwise it's a perfectly good sidearm.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

seiferguy posted:

Instead of piercing hit, use a bane of x (x being the faction you fight) instead. Same % of damage but it's an overall damage I believe.

Piercing hit also doesn't do anything on the ingnis, there isn't any puncture damage to boost up.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Whoa. Wife Turds posted:

and also upset with you killing certain bosses because who gives a gently caress, right? :de: :slick:

All I've ever seen him mad about is me killing Phorid. It must have been his giant mutant dog or something.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

FutureCop posted:

Ugh, pretty much the same. The one time I go into a mission solo with a new low-level warframe and guns to test them out, that's when he decides to pop up. Then the very next day he pops up during a high level defense wave when everyone else has disconnected. I'm never going to get my hands on that Dread...(I'm not even going to go into the amount of resources wasted on bolt releases...)

Moving on, does anyone have some advice/tips on what to be focusing on for moving on up to higher-level play? I'm starting to get into the stage where I'd like to use some of these potatoes I've saved from alerts and go into the void, but I wanna make sure they are used in the right place. I'm imagining that some of the flashier warframe abilities like Oberon's Reckoning hit a wall because of the limit of raw damage numbers and instead utility abilities like Loki's decoy and Nyx's chaos come to the front and center because they don't rely on numbers, but rather strategy? Are there a lot of situations where people are thinking 'I wish we had a _____ on the team' that I should build towards?

The question of whether or not to potato something is really: Do I like Thing? If the answer is yes, potato Thing. Don't worry about being the top level perfect player.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Wales Grey posted:

Yes. You need to have the non-prime version of the frame to use its non-prime helmet on the prime. This is basically the only reason I still have my Mag, as the Mag Prime helmet is hideous.

If you don't like pretending to be a deep sea diver when using mag prime there's something deeply wrong with you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Galaga Galaxian posted:

By the way, I just got a Vauban, how should he be set up? The wiki seems to indicate the Vortex isn't really improved by Power Strength, so just go for duration/range/efficiency?

Pretty much, power strength does affect how many targets get caught in bastille, but with enough efficiency you can just throw more anyway.