Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
I discovered this game for myself after watching this review and

BoneMonkey posted:

So I got a 50% off and spent real money on fake money.

this is exactly what I also did. 300 plats worth of color palettes for interior-designing my space ninja and spaceship :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
Wow, how many hours played?

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
I didn't realize sniper rifles were bad. I just maxed the Vectis and it was tons of fun headshotting crowds of mobs with it. Is it because I'm low level?

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
My first rage experience was with the weekly sculpture mission. I didn't know what I was getting into so when I got to the treasure room, the counter started at 20 seconds and I was like "uuuuh, what?", then promptly failed the mission. It was my first mission failure, too, so that's how I find out that you don't get to keep any loot when you fail.

I retried a couple times the next day and finally managed to get it right. It felt so good :allears:

e: btw when does the weekly sculpture mission reset?

kxZyle fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Sep 15, 2017

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

clone on the phone posted:

Decided to head towards a rhino for my first frame. Not too far planet-wise and looks like from what I've read will serve as a good frame for a long while. I'm already dreading farming component drops.

I've been reading FAQS and guides all day trying to wrap my head around all the systems etc. It's a lot to digest.

You can also get the free warframe they're offering to Twitch Prime users. I signed up for, then cancelled, the trial to grab it. It's a pretty awesome frame imo. Lots of tankiness and his 2 and 4 can really clear rooms.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
It's switching between 126€ and 9€ as I reload the page in Steam :wtc: I think I'm sitting this one out.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

central dogma posted:

Just finished The Second Dream. Holy poo poo!

:same:

I wish the PoE streams didn't semi-spoil me on the operator reveal because I thought it was really really well done.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

They've given a somewhat inordinate amount of 75% off daily bonuses of plat today, mostly to people who are :homebrew:

I'm a huge :homebrew:, where's mine? :mad:

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
A word of warning to newbies like me who haven't done The War Within yet: the quest is currently broken. You can get stuck at various points where you have to use a certain skill (especially if you haven't picked a focus tree yet, as mentioned in this reddit thread), and since you can't quit the quest, you won't be able to play at all until it's fixed. I managed to get stuck at the very end of the quest and now all I can do ingame is use the clan chat and look at messages and profiles.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

Sininu posted:

When do I get that quest? On pluto?

Yeah, at the Sedna junction. Avoid it for now.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

clone on the phone posted:

That Reddit post says it only happens if you haven't chosen a focus school, which I did at the end of the second dream quest. Has the new system changed that?

I still got stuck even though I re-unlocked my focus school.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
They say they're aware of the War Within glitches and are working on fixing them. :toot:

Apparently some people have been stuck for over twelve hours. Pretty rough right after a big update like this.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

Lemon King posted:

Apparently the system divvying out drops is having issues, but it should retroactively send loot when it begins functioning again.

Oh? *loads window of eight Twitch streams back up for another night*

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
No AFAIK.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
:same: but with Laomedeia on Neptune. Got two neuroptics BPs and no proper BPs so far :negative: On the upside, I'm drowning in Spy mods and Neo relics.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

Risutora posted:

Neogaf is claiming that you can get drops just by idling streamer chats (add /chat to the stream address).

Im testing it now by having 10 chats open at work.

Doesn't work for me. I opened 24 chats and went on a 10-round defense mission, no drops. Went back to 24 streams, did an extermination, and got five drops.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

Sandweed posted:

You can get a free Vectis Prime from watching Twitch. Thanks for the weapon slot DE.

Other people are throwing away their Vectis Primes and here I am, sitting on mountains of loot from over a thousand Twitch drops, desperately wanting one.

At the same time I know it'll drop as soon as I buy one from WF Market. :shepface:

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

sepia posted:

The best part of running 20+ streams all the time is that I finally get enough nitain to build all the weird masks

5 nitain for a mask for nezha, a frame I rarely play? sure whynot

I felt this way about a mask for Inaros, but then I saw that it needed 2000 cryotic :mad:

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

Elysiume posted:

Closer to 50x. Maiming Strike is ~900p, Argon Scope is ~600p, Primed Chamber is like 50,000p+. Hard to even get a bead on it because there are so few. At least there's a (significantly worse) pleb-tier option:

I’m especially annoyed at this because Vectis Prime is one of my fave weapons :mad:

Meanwhile, I’m on a six-day trip to Naples, and my PC at home is quietly farming Twitch drops 24/7 via thirty auto-refreshed stream windows on the desktop (hopefully without bursting into flames). Looking forward to finding out if there’s an inbox cap.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

How long are the twitch drops running?

The announcement said two weeks after launch, meaning October 12th-26th, but they said they’d extend the event after the drops didn’t work for the first couple days.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

kxZyle posted:

Meanwhile, I’m on a six-day trip to Naples, and my PC at home is quietly farming Twitch drops 24/7 via thirty auto-refreshed stream windows on the desktop (hopefully without bursting into flames). Looking forward to finding out if there’s an inbox cap.

If there's an inbox cap, it's pretty high.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
Yep, :same: For a minute I thought I got kicked for using the autohotkey script.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

Elmon posted:

Can you post how long your affinity booster is after this?

49d 0h, but I already had an active, about two weeks old 30-day booster, and got a couple of them before I left, too. I think I got about 7 or 8 times three days' worth. I made 1,608,750 credits off of the vectises, wyrms and latron BPs I sold.

I also passed 3k starbursts :v:

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

That’s a shame. Now we should keep an achievement stream open, I guess? Is Weebology still the to-go streamer for that?

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
I have no idea, but I use this autorefresh plugin to be safe.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

And Tyler Too! posted:

I wish having to re-level something after Forma was dead and buried. I have enough mastery trash baking in my oven, I don't want to have to visit Hydron if I can avoid it.

I'd like it if an item doubled its affinity gain with each forma (w/o affecting lenses of course).

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
This PoE review from the guy who sold me on Warframe is correct and good and perfectly encapsulates how I feel about PoE, and why I still haven't gotten into it yet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHio59BW54M

disclaimer: this review bashes fishing

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
Tonight I was trying to solo the Lephantis sortie. It was going well, albeit slowly because I was using my Ferrox for ammo efficiency. Midway through the underground phase, suddenly a "MISSION FAILURE IMMINENT. ELIMINATE REMAINING TARGETS" message popped up with a one minute timer. It ticked down and I failed the mission.

I tried again, this time with Vectis Prime and some ammo pizzas. Lephantis's last head was nearly dead when the message popped up again. I killed him, but the timer didn't stop ticking, so I legged it towards extraction and made it with only ~15 seconds to spare (which is good, cause failing at that point probably would've ended with me throwing some stuff IRL).

Does anyone know what causes this timer to appear and what I can do to avoid it?

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

And Tyler Too! posted:

That timer is there when the mission drags on too long, which pairs nicely with Lvl 100 Sortie Elemental Resist Lephantis: the ultimate HP sponge.

Why on god's green earth is there a timer for that, especially in a solo instance? This is the most :de: poo poo :mad:

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
I got a "do a L30 survival mission without killing anyone" riven yesterday and the guides I found all said to use Ivara. Loki would've been much better. With Ivara I pickpocketed the 15 enemies the map spawned then slowly jumped between containers, scavenging modules. With Loki I could have zoomed across the map much faster, and with Irradiated Disarm I actually could've got some of those enemies killed to spawn new ones and get me more modules.

Loki is the answer to like half of this game's challenges.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

Helter Skelter posted:

Since you can just extract at 5 minutes, you don't actually need any life support aside from what gets dropped in normally. So you can just bring some energy pizzas if you're not running Zenurik and be invisible with whatever frame you like being invisible with while just ignoring all enemies entirely.

Oh. :downs:

I'll try that next time.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

And Tyler Too! posted:

How to do a Melee-only Sortie Defense the Nova way:

It blows my mind that you can't tell sortie ops what to do when you can tell syndicate ops to stay put just fine.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
My fave is Loki for his sheer ability to break the game, kill anything, and look and feel cool as hell while doing so. I can’t wait for Loki Prime to be unvaulted. :allears:

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

Helter Skelter posted:

The functionality it provides is mostly good, the interface not so much.

this is true for both the app and the game tbh

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
For Lex/Aklex keep in mind that Aklex has higher disposition so it gets stronger rivens.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
Oh hey Tennobaum.

Quote this post for a gift of (pick two items from the list):

• Three Orokin Reactors
  • Three Orokin Catalysts
  • Three Exilus Adapters
  • Two Warframe and Three (times two) Weapon slots
  • One Sentinel from the market
  • One Color Pack from the market
  • One 7-day booster of any type
  • One 75-plat Warframe helmet

Don't forget to include your two picks and in-game name in the quote. Limit's ten people.

e: Giveaway over.

kxZyle fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Dec 12, 2017

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

Rainuwastaken posted:

IGN is Rainuwastaken, one of each would be lovely (if that's how this works).

Yep, that's exactly how it works. :eng101:

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

Dely Apple posted:

Hit me with those spaces and it'd be a Smissmas miracle. (It's me, delytronic)

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

These would be really helpful for some of my frames. I'm SkeletonSurprise in game.

Thank you :)

Pick a second item from the list, you two.

The first three gift bundles are sent, we're at five people.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
Rainuwastaken
Oloeopia
DaedalusSA
delytronic
SkeletonSurprise
Gaist
Thaumocrates

The above people should have received their gifts. Three more bundles left!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
Okay, nutranurse, bbcisdabomb, and MelvinBison should have all received their gifts. That concludes the giveaway. Thanks for participating and thanks, Gaist, for the noggle. It's nodding along happily on my market desk now. :allears: