Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
What you're missing is medi-ray and health pizzas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
I finally got Primed Continuity so now I have to forma my duration-needing frames. Banshee’s already down, only Ember, Hydroid, Inaros, Ivara, Loki, Oberon, Rhino, Trinity, Vauban and Wukong to go. :shepface:

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

please send this to DE so i can eventually hang it on my orbiter’s wall :allears:

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

aleksendr posted:

Current meta revolve around the plague star event head for base viral damage

Would having a zaw like that translate to more damage with exalted weapons, or does it not work like that?

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

aleksendr posted:

Exalted weapons apply your mod melee modifier to the exalted base stat or efect. So its a case by case basics

Example if your using Excalibur or Titania you probably wont care for reach, the effect already being a projectile, but if you use Wukong, then reach give you even more AOE damage with the staff, so its best to max reach in your melee setup, even if you have a dagger equiped.

In your specifc example the zaw head viral damage wont get transfered to the exalted weapon (unless you set the elements for "Space Aids" on it), but the reach and condition overload would, making the build more suited to Wukong for maximum status spreading than say, Valkyr, who usually perform best with max crits.

AttackBacon posted:

Exalted weapons are a little bit more fucky than that but it's generally right. There's some weird stuff with which mods work and innate weapon buffs (Mire giving 10% more toxic etc).

Yeah that didn't make it any more clear, let me rephrase the question.

Let's say I'm using Hysteria with a Nikana Prime outfitted with Hysteria-compatible mods. Would I get an extra buff if I used a Viral Zaw or a Mire equipped with the exact same mods, instead of the Nikana?

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

AttackBacon posted:

Mire yes, Zaw no. The Mire has a unique 10% buff to toxin damage that increases the damage of exalted weapons. The Zaw just has viral as an innate damage type which does not effect exalted weapons.

Does that mean Mire is the best weapon to use in exalted weapon builds? Are there any other melees like it?

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
e: I misread things

kxZyle fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Dec 21, 2017

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

HundredBears posted:

Is there a passable way to farm affinity solo? A combination of connection and technical issues is making it painful for me to try missions with other people right now (apologies to the three goons who had HalfHundred disconnect mid-sortie a few days ago). No doubt there's nothing on par with 4x corpro hydron, but I have six frames to master and a forma or two to stick in Inaros, and it would be nice if there's faster or less boring option than grinding out Dark Sector infested defenses with low-level frames.

Titan, Saturn. Find a nice dead end room to camp in and shoot grineer in the head for 20 minutes.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
yeah, that last bit with the passwords is definitely the game's fault

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
Well the double XP weekend is finally officially confirmed, so let's do a giveaway.

As you may or may not know, the double weekend boosters stack with market boosters for a 4x total boost. Since this is my first double weekend ever, I'd like to celebrate by giving away 3-day affinity boosters to twenty (20) goons.

Here's how to participate:

• Quote this post
  • Leave your in-game name
  • If you already have an active XP booster that covers the weekend don't apply, ya dingus (not that I have a way to verify that, but still)
  • If you're one of the 20, you'll receive your 3-day booster during this Friday's Devstream, after which the double XP weekend begins

I'll also be giving away one super special awesome secret prize to a random goon from my list of 20.

GIVEAWAY OVER

kxZyle fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Jan 25, 2018

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
You're a couple minutes late Sarsapariller, but one more booster shouldn't be a problem.

And the secret prize goes to...

Congrats to TylanaKalos. :toot:

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
Well gently caress.

Apparently this is a thing. I've sent out the boosters to the first 8 people:

quote:

glickeroo
CheetoMD
xiansi
TylanaKalos
1GOOD1FRIEND1
Enzeevee
FarmerJimbo
keldosh

But the next 8 will have to wait until tomorrow (hopefully only until after reset) and the last few until the day after tomorrow. I'm very sorry :(

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

kxZyle posted:

But the next 8 will have to wait until tomorrow (hopefully only until after reset) and the last few until the day after tomorrow. I'm very sorry :(

Actually, nobody has to wait because Wyld_Karde and TennoTennis have generously agreed to help me distribute the boosters. They are now also being sent out to:

quote:

notpsion
weirdoldbonw
Fatallica
Seppah
EdmondSA
Rdyjin
garbage_day
KodChim
YoshiOfYellow
SmithCommaJohn
Terminal02
Beaverific
Sarsapariller
weedGOKU666

Thanks for participating, guys! Enjoy the weekend.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

Sarsapariller posted:

I was bored at work so I did some drop probability calculations based on the data here: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Bounty#Level 40-60

Interestingly, the new relics will never drop in Stage 1 for any bounty, it's always Stage 2, and they all have significantly increased chances in their final stages. But anyway. If you run a complete bounty, the chance that you will get at least one drop of the new relic on the bounty drop table is as follows:

Lith: 36%
Meso: 55%
Neo: 62%
Axi: 81%

I feel like that's kind of rear end-backwards but it's largely because Lith's are on 3 stage bounties and everything else is 4-5. So I guess they're balancing around the rate per hour instead of the rate per individual runs.

Well fffffuck all that. Looks like I'm getting the rest of my parts from pub fissures and buying the rest a week before they go back under.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
I came into some plat and I already got/bought the stuff I currently need, so:

:siren::toot:Giveaway Time:toot::siren:

I'm limiting this giveaway to eight people so I don't have to deal with the daily gifting limit again.

To enter, quote this post and:

1. Put down your in-game name
  2. Put down your MR
  3. Pick one item from the following list:

quote:

• 8 Orokin Catalysts
  • 8 Orokin Reactors
  • 8 Exilus Adapters
  • A single one-month Booster of any type
  • Color Pack: Alpha
  • Color Pack: Beta
  • Any single cosmetic, glyph, noggle etc. bundle with a value of up to 250 plat

Your gifts will be sent out once I have all eight entries. Good luck!

GIVEAWAY ENDED

kxZyle fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Feb 24, 2018

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
Two more!

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
Aaaand that concludes the giveaway. The following gifts will be sent out shortly:

quote:

takinde - Color Pack Alpha
phorashi - Mesa Presidio Collection
nhorne - 8 Orokin Catalysts
.nil - 8 Orokin Catalysts
Spuddreaper - Color Pack Beta
sinaddr - Nova Asuri Bundle
Disastermedic - Mesa Presidio Collection
SterlingS - Avia Armor Set

Thanks for participating!

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
It has 100% expired a couple weeks back.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
After today's reactor vs. reactor invasion I saw a couple calls for more catalysts on Discord. So :siren:giveaway time:siren::

Quote this post to receive four Orokin Catalysts. To qualify, you need to be at or below MR20 and on PC. Limited to eight people.

e: oh yeah and make sure to include your IGN if it's different

ee: giveaway over

kxZyle fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jun 11, 2018

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
Three more catalyst packs available. :toot:

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

Elissimpark posted:

Do I need to be in clan? Still waiting for invite...

IGN: TomatoSaucy

Nah, you're good.

That concludes the giveaway! That's for participating, everyone. Your catalysts will be arriving momentarily.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
Mentioned it on discord but I'll also post it here, I finally put the rivens I'm not using up on riven.market. PM/quote me if you see something that interests you, everygoony gets a 20% discount.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

S.J. posted:

If anyone is willing to pick up an extra prisma gorgon, I will pay you back!

I've got you, message me when you're back.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
Medi-ray is actually percentage-based so it works better the more health you have.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

kirbysuperstar posted:

Is the Synapse fun? I can't use it for a while but I finally cracked open my War Within free Riven and

Also I have found the Light that is Mirage and the Lenz. My god.

That's an incredible riven. Even if you don't use it it's probably worth well over 1500 plat.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

BabelFish posted:

I recently ended up finishing the sacrifice without any amp at all. It was incredibly painful.

oh my god :stare:

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
Some people on discord asked for the Solaris United chain gang song so I uploaded it there, here it is in case anyone here wants it: link

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

Captaindirtnap posted:

Wait what? I've got like 8. You can sell these?

Depending on which helmets you've got, you could be sitting on hundreds to thousands of plat.

e: The helmets in the pic are worth about 600 plat total. Storm's the most valuable at 300.

kxZyle fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jul 16, 2018

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
The update added extended versions of Ballas's theme and Excalibur Umbra's theme to the somachord. Extracted files are through the two links.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

Soothing Vapors posted:

Steel Charge is a valid choice until you start regularly fighting level 100+ enemies in group content. If you're not doing that on the reg, don't sweat it.

Please don't do this :smith:

Use whatever you want in solo mode, but please be a good Tenno and contribute to the team by bringing Corpro to any and all team content above L35. Armor is the strongest damage mitigation enemies in the game have access to.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

wid posted:

you are all a couple of steps before "corpro is mandatory, no corpro = ban" territory

welp, there goes our secret plan

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

Tallgeese posted:

Index has been brutally murdered by Profit Taker anyway.

Did it? I did get 500k with a booster and a smeeta buff, but it took ten minutes (with pubs).

How much faster does it get with a good group?

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Wait is it really Ghoul Purge again? Give me the drat Plague Star

Judging by prior dates Plague Star should happen in March.

If DE doesn't forget about it. :downs:

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

kirbysuperstar posted:

Anyone got a sweet loadout for the Prisma Gremlins? The nailguns are fun.

Probably something like this, with non-primes subbed in where appropriate (and maybe corrosive instead of radiation, if you don't use Primed Heated Charge).

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
Oh hey guys the double credits weekend is on :toot:

If you can't afford one, @ me on the discord and I'll grab you a three-day credit booster (don't quote me here, I don't read the thread).

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Yeah, now that there's a website for riven trading that isn't a barely-functional piece of poo poo, there's no reason to use trade chat unless you're a scammer or a rube.

Hello :wave:

Trade chat is what you make of it, and wonderful deals can be found there, as long as you cross-reference prices with wfmarket. Pubphobia is harmless as long as it doesn't affect the advice you give to our new goonframers.

this has been a rationality PSA

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

DE really needs to overhaul credit income

now THIS I agree with

Neptune Disruption needs to be competitive with Index and PT.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

You should be able to earn credits the way you earn Syndicate standing -- basically by just playing the game. There could still be a modest ramp-up as you get into more difficult content, so that your credits / time ratio is relatively consistent and there isn't a perverse incentive to repeatedly farm content that's too easy, but even then the difference between the lowest-paying and highest-paying missions should be a tiny fraction of the difference between regular missions and the Index now.

yes, 100%

e: To expand on this I feel like the credits you get for finishing sortie missions should be about what you get for doing high level stuff. Take that level and apply it to floods, thralls, arbies etc.

kxZyle fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Nov 29, 2019

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
hey guys look at this bullshit

a kind redditor posted:

TLDW:

Pablo is bothered by Saryn being so oppressively powerful in ESO. He doesn't even play ESO because of this. However, he says she is too powerful outside of ESO too, giving survival and defense as an example. He had hoped Ember would be used more in ESO, but that didn't happen (you only have to do one run with Ember to realize that's never gonna happen).

The things he's thinking about doing:

• Making spore spread range fixed (not affected by mods), but buffing it a bit, in order to get rid of the Overextended Saryns
  • Making the spore drain between zones faster so you lose all your spores (this already happens though)
  • Lowering corrosive proc chance to around 15%
  • Slowing down both spore damage buildup and decay