Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

I'm thinking about getting into this after building my new PC. Is the OP still up to date?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

throw to first drat IT posted:

Yeah, some things have been added/changed but they are mostly for later in the game. Join the clan and join the discord.

Thanks, I'll gently caress around a bit first and see if I feel like sticking with it.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

OK, I'll probably stick with the game for a bit, joined the Discord and applied for the clan. However, it's hard to overstate how little plan I have of what I'm supposed to do. I took Excalibur and the staff before I read the descriptions, so that is a good start. Finished Saya's vigil, but I'm not sure what I should be working towards. I assume finding components to craft an archwing is a priority? I sort of did a few bounties on Eidolon, but they were mostly me running towards the objective until the clear message appeared.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Sample_text posted:

For the goon asking about 75% discounts, the drop chance of them increases the less you play.
A 2-3 week break will drastically increase their occurrence rate.

gently caress. Decisions, decisions.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Psion posted:

that second one. Enjoy running whatever mission and not stabbing a larvaling 25 times in a row! :shepface:

Very cool. I just created my first lich without reading up on it beforehand. Apparently I'll get some kind of musket with extra fire damage at some point? How much did I screw up?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Basically if you can get a level 1 Schwaak prism with the uh crit chance brace, you're good to go. You'll have to deadweight a few eidolons before you have the rep for that though.

What does level 1 mean in this context? I have never interacted with the Quills except that I dropped all the Scarlet Spear cores there. Then I noticed that I still have not enough craft stuff to completely build any non-mote amp.
The whole thing feels pretty dumb.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Raptor1033 posted:

I've mained zenurik for so long that finally having a R5 energize and trying to use naramon leaves me confused when a dash no longer has me guzzling ability juice

One incredible basic question: The way you do the recharge dash is you go into spoiler mode, dash then back, right? And the reason I only ever see the charge rings is that everyone already has this internalized as a nerve reflex?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

HAMAS HATE BOAT posted:

Uranus is a medical research facility to cure genetic diseases that are corrupting and exterminating the entire grineer race so the tenno shows up to murder the scientists and do a huge genocide in exchange for a gammacor blueprint and an exilus adapter.

Stalker Did Nothing Wrong

I literally laughed out loud at that. gently caress you, you won't cure cancer on my watch.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

The puzzle is easy, but the timer is dumb.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

he one design shortcoming of RJ that I don't see overcome by adding more context is that only one player takes his stuff to the mission. Now, obviously if you grind out max stats for your equipment you want to take it out for a spin and if you don't then you probably don't much care for the game mode and have little idea how to contribute. Though as things stand you really only need two players for maximum efficiency, with the additional two slots for people chilling in the side turrets.

Tylana posted:

Corrosive Projection and Energy Siphon are both handy. Steel Charge is only really useful because it's fatter and those increases your max capacity by a fraction.

Yeah, get those three. And maybe Sprint Boost.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Raptor1033 posted:

For real, the last balance shifted things too far to the easy end in my opinion but still, I'd rather it be too easy than the slog it was before. Get you the missile swarm, murder everythang

This but actually tether.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

Did my first railjack mission.

I have no idea what is happening and I got my rear end kicked by a large ship. I had a hull breach, but have no idea how to cure it.

Is there a tutorial or something I missed?

There is an omni tool that you point at problems.
If you start out it is vastly preferable to hitch a ride on another's jack. There are "intrinsics" which you can level in the customization menu and under your profile. You start out with none so you suck at everything. The first thing needed is a pilot, but usually the host takes care of that. Other things to do:

Engineering, make sure the consumables stay topped up by pressing the buttons at the far back of the ship when the cooldown is through. You need level 2 to make the BFG bullets I think.
The main gun, you need level ?4? guns. If no one can fire the gun you have to enter crewships and blow them up manually.
Chilling in the side turrets. You can do this at any level of intrinsics, but if the host knows what he or she is doing then you won't really contribute anything. Try to not shoot the shiny things the pilot throws around.
Going out and doing the base objectives: That works without any levels, so preferable do that.

Though the balance currently is that two people who know what they are doing is enough to run optimally, so chilling in the turrets and listening to podcasts is a valid strategy to get the early levels.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

I mean steel charge is still pretty useful if your MR is in the low teens and you want to actually use mods in frames you are leveling.

genericnick fucked around with this message at 14:06 on May 30, 2020

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Wait, you can block the pilot's view? Lmao.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

wait, you aren't supposed to use amesha's slow any more?

Why would you?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Nalesh posted:

I'd respect these kinda twitter posts a lot more if they weren't suspiciously quiet during the HK protests. Just feels like marketing nerd seeing a chance for good PR if they're not consistent.

I mean HK is a single city. The current events are all over the US where, presumably, the plurality of their user base is located and with which the people working at DE obviously have strong cultural ties. Doesn't seem unreasonable to have a statement about the latter and not the former.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

AntherUslessPoster posted:

Energy pizzas exist you know.
Its not like they're expensive or anything

Heresy

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Wait, smite works on dolons?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

I mean, I did tridolons exactly once and had no real idea what to do. I knew about the rad procs so I tried to lay Oberon's carpet, but that didn't help much. Maybe I'll try the smite augment next time. Is there any clear visual cue for the vulnerable parts? I find the whole procedure pretty hard to read.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

The thing for me as a newish player about dolons is that, after the red rocket, dolons mainly give me stuff to make me better at doing dolons.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

I started threeish months ago and it doesn't feel like it's dying to me:shrug:

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

I was just looking up the old cutscenes on youtube, only to notice that yes, you can just watch old NW in game.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

I think there was an on air button in the NW interface? Somewhere there.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

RoadCrewWorker posted:

... warframeUI.txt: probably easier if you just youtube it

That's how I found the button actually.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Pipski posted:

Wukong is pretty great for Protea farming: his clone shoots up spectres while you wazz about with the Xoris, and cloudwalker gets you to the hostages fast.

I just used Mesa. Sorry about the hostages :shrug:

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Babe Magnet posted:

there's a couple of weapons locked behind it, including a pretty unique one if you've got the paracesis built (it's required to start a quest) but yeah like was said, it's not super relevant right now. Might be a good idea to get yours nice and beefy for upcoming content but ehhh

It no longer is locked behind that I think.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Sekenr posted:

I asked for jacking advice upthread and it is indeed not hard to get it going by joining pubbie groups. At least this week with do 8 railjack missions for nightwave. One of the groups last night was perfect. Dude at the helm posted once to let him know of we want to go to the dock and than proceeded to shred everything all by himself from the helm. There was no point going into space or manning the guns, he just blew everything up. At one point I just got up, made myself some tea and a sandwitch while the dude done the 8 missions, brought us to the dock and left.

Yeah, that's mostly how RJ rolls. Ideally there is one in the crew to use the big guns and press the forge buttons at intervals, but unless there are away objectives there is nothing really to do for at least two players.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Dareon posted:

You say that like looking at pretty space explosions and serenading the bridge with your shawzin is "nothing to do."

I must just not be getting the right RJ pilots. Usually I blow up at least half the fighters on the turret, I'm the only one I ever see down in the forge, occasionally I need to put my coat on and blow up the crewships myself because our weapons can't cut it, and sometimes I beat a boarding party to death one at a time, very slowly.

At least we've only blown up once, and that was when our pilot took what felt like a brand new railjack into Saturn orbit with zero materials so I couldn't actually fix a hull breach.

I mean, once you have a maxed RJ and maxed intrinsics there is not a lot of reason to go back. And while it is theoretically good credits, there is no guarantee that you will get a pub that uses the main gun or doesn't use the side turrets to destroy your tethers.

genericnick fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Jul 29, 2020

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Yeah, I'd certainly take that off your hands, but if you can be assed at all to interact with the Riven market, that's probably the one to go for.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

TheParadigm posted:

Top arcanes:
Magus repair
Magus melt
Magus vigor
magus husk.

Why repair over elevate though?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

OK, I see the argument now. Repair it is.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Khablam posted:

Quellor is fodder unless you really like it for some reason. There's dozens of better options in that space.
The pennant is a good pick, but needs a huge focus into heavy attack / combo duration/efficiency to make it good. It does just feel like "I want to use a Gram Prime instead" though.

Why would you want combo duration?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Soothing Vapors posted:

he probably meant initial combo count

Yeah, that makes more sense.

Helter Skelter posted:

I was very disappointed with Quellor considering how deep into the game it is. Looks cool though.

Pennant is actually pretty good. I think I like a Blood Rush build over heavy attacks, but the stance takes some getting used to.

Isn't Pennant hyper focused on heavy attacks, with the speed boost?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Kestral posted:

What are the high-priority things to do or acquire since Scarlet Spear ended? I wrung that event for all it was worth and had a solid endgame setup for the time (lich weapons, maxed out railjack, etc), and used the end of Scarlet Spear as a good point to take a break. Looking to get back in for Heart of Deimos, and use the time between now and the 25th to catch up on the best / most interesting content I’ve missed. Any suggestions?

The Protea quest is cool, do that. There is also a new NW that's..kind of here. Your probably aware of the Warframe recycling system they introduced for Deimos?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Razorwing, shoot stuff, cast the2 s when out of ammo.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Yeah, for some reason, the nozzles turn invincible if you shoot them. I suppose they'll fix that at some point.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

I also wonder if corpro affects crewships, but I'm much too lazy to test.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Honestly I recommend doing it solo. More frames means weirder spawns which can mean more running around. Mesa worked for me, didn't bother with the Xoris. Bring pizzas, just in case.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

I also got downed one or two times, but that just means you have to pop a pizza.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

I never got much use out of Breach Surge. Is that a flat damage multiplier?