Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Logged in for the first time in a couple months and the game bombards me with 52 unlocked achievements. How different is this game now? What the hell is an invasion?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
I just started building that lightning whip thing because hey, whips are neat. Did I just waste a bunch of resources?

Oh, that new frame, is she any good? I figure I might as well spend the rest of my 800 platinum on something.

Dezztroy fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Nov 21, 2013

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Feindfeuer posted:

Seems they found a way to 'buff' the Grataka by giving it a 10% base proc chance. Combined with its high fire rate it seems to be the best weapon in my inventory to dish out elemntal procs. Not sure if it's worth with the low base damage though... on the other hand, having a semi-reliable perma-stun ranged weapon might come in handy, especially since there are more than enough secondaries that can carry you through the game so losing a primary slot is not that much of a problem.

They gave the Jaw Sword a base 50% proc chance. Is that the highest in the game? Jaw Sword is still a piece of poo poo, but atleast it might be a fun to use piece of poo poo now.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Note about the Vastos: They're not too great against Grineer and Corpus anymore, due to low puncture damage. It does quite well against Infested though.

I don't have a regular Braton so don't know how it compares, but holy poo poo the Braton Vandal is amazing against Infested.

e: Just noticed the Braton Vandal also has 10% proc chance. No wonder my blast was proccing like crazy.

Dezztroy fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Nov 22, 2013

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

7c Nickel posted:

Glaive Prime is in Void Defense. I've gotten like 4 Blades so far and none of the Braton parts I actually want.

Also the poster above me is dumb. The Braton Vandal is a fine gun, especially now that it has a 10% proc chance.

Yeah, the new Braton Vandal is kickass. Goes through ammo quick, but kills poo poo fast in return.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
I ran into a pubbie who bought the $140 Ember Prime pack. He had colored everything black and gold. Why do people do this.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Crowbear posted:

e: It was nice to read all the "Ember sucks" chat considering I just picked up all the components for it from the Foundry because I thought it sounded cool :v:

Ember is still awesome, don't worry.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

I've finally decided to finish levelling mine and this is pretty true. It hurts that it still has bad damage but at least you're guaranteed to get frequent procs.

The Braton Vandal and Braton Prime also have 10% proc chance without the pitiful damage, so the Grakata is still terrible.

VVV: Ogris, Flux Rifle, Embolist are a couple good ones.

Dezztroy fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Nov 24, 2013

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Now that Mag is no longer terrible, you can use pretty much any frame you want and still do fine. Excalibur is kinda boring, yeah, so go with whatever you find interesting.

It's been ages since I made my account though, I assume they still let you pick between 3 frames when you start?

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
I believe that is the case, yes.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
New Gram looks way better. Too bad it's still a pretty mediocre weapon.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

amuayse posted:

So Tenno are just biologically/mechanically augmented Orokin humans?

The Void is basically the Warp from WH40K.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

lil baby anime posted:

I think banshee's the most fun of those 3 but the hardest to get. Running into huge groups of enemies with link up makes trinity as lot of fun as well. Ember is just rear end.

You, sir/madam, are crazy. Ember is still very good.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Male Man posted:

guaranteed Stalker spawn.

Are you sure about this part? When I ran it, I never saw the Stalker. Of course, he might have just instantly killed one of the pubbies and then run off.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Feindfeuer posted:

As Darvo sends you there to lure out the Stalker who as been tailing him for the last few weeks, yes, there should be a guaranteed Stalker spawn. He will be around the level the enemies are, so he is easily killed, you might not have noticed that you killed him yourself while just hammering into a big pile of enemies.

Oh, maybe one of the pubbies killed him then and just didn't waypoint his drops. What happened to common courtesy? :(

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

hooah posted:

Ahh, this might explain why I was getting frustrated point-blank shooting with my Lex way back when.

The Lex is hitscan, so it doesn't apply.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Oh man, you guys weren't kidding about the extractor bug. 5000 ferrite from one extractor. :thumbsup:

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

I liked what I read. As you said, it would be nice to move away from the cookie cutter mods.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
I'm quite liking the Galatine with the new channeling system. Getting 100+ hit combos against infested means you're eventually just cutting down ancients in a single hit. This sword truly is anime. :allears:

I haven't played in a while, mostly because missing the time limited weapons makes me sad. Did I actually miss out on anything good? The Gorgon Wraith is just a straight upgrade from the Gorgon, isn't it?

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
I can't believe I spent an afternoon and a half getting the Miter. I just wanted a fun gun. :(

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Male Man posted:

Miter has a gimmick where it gets innate punch-through when it's charged up. So do all the bows, except bows are good.

Get a bow.

Yeah, I've had the Paris since it came out. Never got a Thunderbolt (or whatever the explosion one is) though, so using it against infested is pointless.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

FirstPersonShitter posted:

edit: also are the twin gremlins good?

They're okay, nothing amazing. They look cool though, which is nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
RIP Goon rail.

I wonder if DE will make it worthwhile to contest rails.