Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
So I just got downloaded it for the PS4, start up a match, and notice that I got set up for a multiplayer match because I forgot to set it to solo. When they call it F2P do they mean FREE free? As in, you don't even need a PS+ account? because I don't have one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

EroticBlacksmith posted:

Free to play games, mmo's and anything that doesn't use sony's servers doesn't need PS+.

Well hot drat!

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
PSN: TheFallingNight

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Never underestimate the appeal of playing for free.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
What, so breeding isn't a skill now? Fuckin' elitist space ninja.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
So...why do people hate Archwings? I just unlocked mine and did a couple missions and I am in looooove. Controls like a dream and flashing around in melee makes me feel like I'm playing the ZoE3 we'll never get.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

v:shobon:v I dunno what to tell ya, something about the way it moves just instantly clicks with me.

Thanks though, I am definitely gonna look up some Titania if it lets me go Archwing any time.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Just got a 75% market discount, somebody tell this noob what Warframe to get. I'm interested in Octavia but fear she'll be useless outside of a dedicated and well oiled group.

Mostly worried about which frame will be the biggest pain in the cock to grind normally.

Flytrap fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Aug 16, 2018

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Thanks. Went with Khora for both convenience and because a beastmaster style frame just sounds cool.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Well I guess I found the best way to grind up your frames and weapons: jump into a defense mission to pop open some relics and accidentally stumble into a group of vets that drag you to round 35 :shepface:

I almost felt bad just because I couldn't keep up. Not that I was doing bad damage, but they were wiping the map faster than I could kill things. At least they got a bunch of Prime prints off me?

EDIT: Meant Defense not Survival.

Flytrap fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Aug 17, 2018

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Woo boy, hit the difficulty spike on Europa. So what am I supposed to be focusing on now? Is this the part where I'm supposed to let go of my shield mods and start focusing on Armor and Health instead? Because my shields are melting instantly now.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

And Tyler Too! posted:

Shield mods are only ever a good idea if you're using Harrow. What frames have you been using?

Excalibur and the Khora I bought with a 75% discount. Also just recently made a Rhino I should get around to leveling.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
I've been loving the gently caress out of Khora and been trying to get her unique equipment for her to fit the theme. Already got the dual swords, and I just need to finish grinding Control Modules for Hystrix. Sure hope it doesn't suck for all the effort to make it!

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Johnny Joestar posted:

the hystrix is a solid as hell weapon, don't worry

Sweeet. Gotta admit, starting to see the appeal of this overall system. It's really satisfying to put in the work and time to make your poo poo instead of just finding it.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Vauban looks like a dude in a suit, moreso than the other meat puppets. He's the Engineer frame right? Just make him like Engie or Torb, lots of turrets and bombs and poo poo, play off the aesthetic that he's just some shithead with a wrench instead of an anime powered by a forsaken child.

Hell make his 4 summon the Arkham Knight version of the Batmobile, chaingun and all.

And add friendly fire for running over your teamates because apparently this guy was the OG shitlord frame and dammit, we should respect history.

Flytrap fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Aug 23, 2018

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
So is the game supposed to become a bulletsponge game around Neptune? Because I've got a Tigris and Hystrix and everything takes a shitload of time to kill.

Is this the point where I'm supposed to stop trying to advance and grind Forma and good mods or something? I know about half the mods on my gun and frame are Broken varients, that might be part of the problem.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Regrettable posted:

Yeah, it's probably a good idea to stick corrosive damage on those until you get some better mods if you haven't done that already.

Theeeeere we go, that got me back into the game. Everything but elites have gone back to melting like they should.

Jack Trades posted:

Sounds like your mod collection needs some major improvement.

You should ask around in clan chat for some free mods.

Sadly I'm on PS4, whiiiiich I just noticed the console players now have their own thread. I should probably get in on that thread.

For now I'm grinding mods, which I hear is supposed to be done in the Void. Just this one run got me Rage and Barrel Diffusion, so off to a good start.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
So I just finished War Within, and I have one very pressing question.

...am I supposed to know or care who the gently caress Teshin is?

Because I don't remember ever meeting this rear end in a top hat before the Nitah quest.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
A lamer, less fun Lord Shaxx then, got it. Thank you. Seems like kind of an odd choice for what feels like they're supposed to be a major player.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Whoo boy. My damage is fine now, but now it's my survivability that's taking a major hit. I'm trying to hit the last line of void maps from Sedna and everything is killing me in very few hits in my Khora. I've made it a couple steps in by dusting off my Excalibro and taking advantage of the fact that Radial Blind and Exalted Blade *basically* makes it impossible to lose as long as there aren't any Sappers nearby.

I've got Rank 6 Steel Fiber, Rank 7 Vitality, with Rank 5 Physique aura and Rank 4 Coaction Drift. Should I start filling out all the star map nodes to grind credits and max some of these out? Or is this just the part where I'm suposed to Git Gud and stop getting hit?

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

CoffeeQaddaffi posted:

Replace Physique with a maxed CorPro, so you kill things quicker. +Health means nothing if you can't kill anything.

I'm killing things at a relatively good speed, it's just that two or three stray shots and I'm out.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Xun posted:

How fast is “a good speed”? Are you trying to kill everything? You should be hardly slowing down long enough to get hit with that many HP mods.

Uh, a couple shots from my shotgun or a single swing of Exalted Blade. By slowing down do you mean like jumping around and poo poo? Because I admit, I suck at aerial aiming so I've mostly been on the ground running and gunning.

Tylana posted:

The last Void branch has like triple damage so, you kind of want better tricks, usually.

Thaaaat explains a lot. Things earlier wasn't killing me half this fast.

So yeah, looks like I'm gonna be practicing my movetech. Bulletjumping slashes enemy accuracy by like 50% right?

Oooor I could stop trying to beeline to finish all the story stuff and start playing around with the 4 new frames that just came out of the oven (Ember, Frost, Valkyr, Oberon) and finish grinding Octavia parts.

EDIT: Actually I'm a dumbass. I bought Primed Point Blank from Baro but haven't started leveling it yet. I feel like putting some time into that will solve literally all of my problems. And maybe some Forma'ing for cost.

Flytrap fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Aug 28, 2018

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
I went with Suda because I like the idea of learning all the things.

Also I love robots and AI and poo poo so the giant computer lady seemed like the better option over the inferior meat based options.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Fuuuuuuck, my last part of the Inaros Quest is Denial Bursa's. Is there a good way to kill these assholes? Because it always takes me way too much ammo to bring these fuckers down to hackable.

Also, what's the best map to farm them fast?

EDIT: Nevermind. Turns out Io is fantastic and I was mistaking Denial for the endgame Bursas. These guys are chumps.

Flytrap fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Aug 30, 2018

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
So...I just mercykilled an child so I could throw my shields at people.

And now Nyarlathotep is living in my head.

That uh, about the long and short of Harrow?

BTW am I supposed to have found something to make my Operator Mode attacks not suck by now? Because that last fight was all kinds of annoying.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Infected posted:

He was in your head before already(see end of TWW), it's just that you killed the one guy who was keeping The Man at bay.

Oh poo poo, that's right, he called me Kiddo.

gently caress, I just killed the doorman keeping the Elder Gods out of my apartment and away from my snacks.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Dravs posted:

Is there any explanation for why there ARE so many Kavats in the derelict?

Kavats apparently give 0 fucks about The Infection and can eat that poo poo like kibble. So they're kind of lacking in competition and surrounded with food.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Inaros and Mirage are in the oven. Soon Titania will be too. Oberon just came out.

I've got like 10 frames now, I really should start leveling some of these. Defense and Extraction are the best grind missions right? I'll do some relic farming. EXP, credits, mats, and Ducat junk. Best of all worlds.

Flytrap fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Aug 30, 2018

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
I've had ample reason to use all 4 of Khora's moves. 1 for damage, 2 for crowd control and damage buff, 3 for healing, 4 for defense and lockdown.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
I think having Titania is really going to improve my play.

By which I mean that her stats seem to be such that ANY kind of survivability mods are a complete waste of time. Shields? Useless past midgame anyway. Health? Good luck. Armor? Please.

So I'm either gonna git gud and learn how to move and shoot better or I'll be completely useless!

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
I'll be happy to use CorPro on when an alert finally freaking drops for it.

And also for Vauban Systems goddammit game it's the last loving piece you've been keeping me waiting forever now.

I'm starting to think I'll get enough Nitian for Prime before I get the base version.

Regrettable posted:

Mirage is really cool and the prime version is my favorite frame. Also, as has been mentioned, onslaught is probably the fastest way to level but if you don't want to do that I would do one of the survival missions that give bonus xp and item drops like Gabii on Ceres or Cameria on Jupiter.

Also have to say thank you for this because gatdamn, my Atmos has been making these the best and easiest grind I've ever had.

Flytrap fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Aug 31, 2018

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Got another coupon for a login reward. Which Frame is a bigger pain in the rear end to grind: Octavia or Trinity?

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

GenericOverusedName posted:

How do you feel about 20 minute derelict survival missions?

Sounds easy as heck to survive, but also an expensive pain in the rear end to go back to again and again because of those goddamn keys.

Hobold posted:

Neither one is all that fun, but I would say Octavia is the worse of the two, due to being behind a quest, and requiring you to find specific tilesets on Lua for a part. That tile is a pain in the rear end challenge.

Trinity is Ambulas, which isn't great, but farming the items to fight him isn't that bad.

I actually already managed to snag that part while grinding out 3 mods for the Junction.

Decided on Octavia because gently caress the Derelict and....honestly I just want her a lot. I love bards.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

We Know Catheters posted:

I did a mission in the void and I got to a room that said get to the end before the door closes. I didn't make it because I didn't no where to go. Did I miss something important?

Those lead to treasure rooms that are guaranteed to have a couple mods in them. Those rooms have a chance to spawn any time you do a void mission, so it's not lost forever.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Waitwaitwait, there's a Hek with more than 4 shots?! And it's with Steel Meridian?? drat, I really should have taken a deeper look at the rewards instead of just picking for flavor.

Welp, sorry nerdbot mom, looks like I'm hopping over to Steel Meridian for a bit. I NEED me a better Hek so I can get rid of this drat 2 shot Tigris.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Synthbuttrange posted:

Vaykor.

There are those that are unsure if the Vaykor is superior to the base hek with the Justice mod. It depends on what you want to do with it.

At least til Hek Wraith / Prisma is released.

I adore the base Hek, it's one of my favorite guns. But only having 4 shots just kind of irks me. If Vaykor Hek is literally just the same gun but with an extended magazine (stat sheet says 8 round mag) then I will be the happiest space anime.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Kyrosiris posted:

Worth noting that Vaykor Hek can not use Shattered Justice. I think the math says that without primed mods, base Hek is a teensy bit better, before you take reload into consideration?

Well I do have a Primed Point Blank and a maxed out Hell's Chamber which should help even it up. Honestly ammo economy is just a really big deal for me, so 8 rounds vs 4 is a dealbreaker.

The only weapon with a small mag I use regularly is the Zarr, and that's mostly because the reload on that is so absurd that it might as well just have infinite ammo.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Just want to mention since nobody else did the syndicate weapons are tradeable, you don't have to drop your other syndicate reputation if you want to get them, just keep ranking up the right side factions and then trade one of their weapons for a vaykor hek or pay the 40ish plat someone is selling it for on the market.

I've been leveling nothing but Suda and Hexis, most of the right side already hate me. Heck, helping Steel is the first time in a while that the Red Veil has been anything but maxed out red with me.

wid posted:

Have you tried Strun Wraith?
I like it better than Tigris Prime even.

It look good on the wiki, but it's a random drop from invasions so it's prolly gonna be a while until I can see it given my terrible luck with this stuff.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Whooo boy, this Saryn grind sure is...a thing. I mean it's not even hard to grind out points to get to the boss fight, it's just that I have to grind out points before I can get to the boss fight.

Tangentially related, but really starting to fall in love with Harrow.

Flytrap fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Sep 20, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

gaj70 posted:

If it makes you feel better, the arena probably is 'the' spot for endo grinds. And Kela herself also drops several good mods (medi-ray, acid shells) and Twin Kohmak BP (a better-than-average secondary)

I mean, maybe if you have a full team and thus a full group of enemies? But people generally don't casually go to Sedna, so I've mostly been doing this solo, so enemies are only 2 at a time. I've faced the boss once so far, when some other people finally showed up, but since then I've just been grinding the Arena to make sure I can just do a long string of bossfights.

In other news, I took a break from that to do some relic cracking, and got my first complete set: a Mirage Prime! :toot: