Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gitro
May 29, 2013
I'm fairly new to the game and I don't think this was covered in the op: is there a reason to keep weapons if their mastery is maxed and I'm never going to use them again?

Had an evac mission that got stalled out for ages because one squaddie got stuck on a wall until we let them get eaten. Did I get freakishly unlucky or does that just happen sometimes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gitro
May 29, 2013

FrankZP posted:

If you hate (or don't care for) how the gun works, the feel, the mechanics of it, and it's not an ingredient for something else, then get rid of it. If you like it but it just seems maybe not strong enough, then it may be worth hanging on to in case you get a good Riven mod for it somewhere down the line. Or, heck, since you're new, a lot of guns can feel underpowered without a proper mod setup, so it's possible that expanding your collection of non-Riven mods will give the oomph you want to a weapon you otherwise enjoy.

And if someone gets stuck in geometry, they can type "/unstuck" in chat and the game will attempt to teleport them to a free spot.

Thanks, that's about what I was thinking.

RFC2324 posted:

He was talking about the idiots in defection missions i think. Those are a bit buggy and yeah, they get stuck sometimes.

I was, and I had another issue in an alert today where a group just went in a circle forever. It's annoying, those missions are pretty fun otherwise if I'm not solo. I've gotten myself lodged into walls a few times already, so the chat command is nice to know.

Volt owns, I love my shield and dumb speed buff and zaps and explosion. I turned myself into shotgun Flash against a boss and it was great.

Gitro
May 29, 2013
So is there something in-game to indicate what damage types are good for or is it another thing I have to wiki

Gitro
May 29, 2013
Got a receiver in only 3 or 4 runs and I'm a bit too hyped about getting to dual wield fake pistols to sleep still. I have to be up in 6 hours. This game has ruined me.

If Ivara rng stopped being so rude I could enjoy that too :argh:

Gitro fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Mar 9, 2018

Gitro
May 29, 2013
Will today be the day a sortie graces me with a riven? Complaining about bad transmutations convinced the RNG to give me two new rare mods, so bitching about my sortie luck here has to work.

I have 16 000 Kuva and nothing to spend it on.

Gitro
May 29, 2013
Whinge strat worked, finally conned a sortie into a riven! 5 mins on survival without killing is easy, let's open this sucker up.

Oh.

It does -12 damage to containers and I can kill enemies with 1 dmg slash procs!

Gitro
May 29, 2013
I have become extremely powerful.

I'm now realising that it probably hit -100% dmg before max rank and I could've saved a few thousand endo.

Gitro
May 29, 2013

Mimesweeper posted:

It stays ranked up when you reroll it so you can still turn it into something useful.

That said I don't think I would have poured Endo into a Braton riven, personally :v:

I didn't know that, awesome!

I can't rank up my primed mods much more without loving up some loadouts and I don't have enough forma to justify spending more than I need to fill up slots with good poo poo, so I've just been accumulating it. 7/41k on a dumb joke riven is bearable and maybe I'll start slinging it into trade chat for 100p or something, someone will probably bite eventually.

The braton bores me to death so no way I'm spending my kuva hoard on that unless harrow quest gifts me some real trash.

Gitro
May 29, 2013

qnqnx posted:

Zoning out and being in a state of mind where you are simultaneously both asleep and playing is the only way to make the Defection grind for the Harrow part bearable.

just grind relics and poo poo until you can plat buy him and get a free riven.

Never play defection. Never.

Inzombiac posted:

So the harpoon gun sucks. Is there a rocket/missile launcher?

Also the Lenz, which is a missile bow, and the Zarr, a cannon.

Gitro
May 29, 2013
If you really care then it's ~*optimal*~ to turn in at 15 with the +8 bonus, but it doesn't really matter. try to hit multiples of five, turn in if you think you're going to die and you can't really screw it up.

Gitro
May 29, 2013
Lots of drama in clan chat tonight, good warframe everyone

Gitro
May 29, 2013
I gave a garbage dog my username because I thought it would be funny and I kept getting confused when the game told me I was down :downs:

Vacuum chat: my stealth dog is neat, it's a neat ability and I'll never use it because even at MR17 there's stuff I still need and 3m vacuum is loving tiny compared to blazing through the map watching stuff get hoovered to you. If vacuum is a crutch for new players then it's a garbage mechanic that gates having fun/experimenting with companions behind tedium in picking up resources.

Gitro fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Mar 20, 2018

Gitro
May 29, 2013

Loki on an infested mission should do it, assuming the aim glide latch thing is wall clinging

Gitro
May 29, 2013
Trading's been fairly kind to me lately and I want to spread the love, so if you're on the PC quote this post and add your ign and pick

Any two of the following (feel free to choose the same option twice):

2x weapon slots (so 4 total)
Weapon tate
Frame spud
2x stasis slots (why?)
1x frame slot (wukong not included)
1 or 2 sentinel slots depending on how much they cost I'm not looking it up.

Or one of:

1 forma threepack
Something else that costs about 40 plat, I don't know everything on the marketplace

Offer open to the next four (4) people to quote this.

Gitro
May 29, 2013
I've discovered a horrible truth: I can't send more than 8 gifts in a day! I don't know if there's a way to bundle stuff up before sending it, and I was totally going to send Slothybara a pity forma but I guess that'll have to wait :smith:

You're all very welcome for the stuff, goon clan has been great to me and I'm happy to give back! You're all beautiful and I love you, except for necrofin who I have yet to be convinced is not a goonbag full of piss and shame.

Gitro
May 29, 2013

alphabettitouretti posted:

Can you still gain standing from alerts after hitting the daily cap?

Yes, they're separate from the cap.

Gitro
May 29, 2013

And Tyler Too! posted:

In this same vein I have a full Nikana Prime and Hikou Prime set that I can't seem to sell so if anyone is interested in these very good vaulted weapons MSPaint what cool things you would do with them or bribe me with plat. One weapon per player. IGN is veryhighcholesterol

My hikou got turned into a disappointing chainsaw, please gift me the primed version so I can fill the hole it left. IGN: Ten_Pound_Terry

Gitro
May 29, 2013

funkmeister posted:

Thanks for this. My experience is you will want to solo, or go with goons, pubs keep wanting to stay for 10+ minutes, for only very slightly more credits.

Do Seimeni on Ceres instead, it's 23-25k for about the same time investment, most pubs bail on 5 and if they don't you can anyway.

Gitro
May 29, 2013

Inzombiac posted:

Does the Amprex really require a bunch of Forma?
It's pretty hard to make so if that's true, it sucks.

It's solid at 2-3 forma, it's just not spectacular. I wouldn't take it into sortie 2/3 without a damage buffer but I do that once a day so who cares, it's a badass lightning cannon.

Gitro
May 29, 2013
Can third endless Kuva being good. Fun mission type, 5.2k kuva from 20 mins of work with booster, some much needed neural sensors and an assortment of other stuff. Feeding my reroll addiction.

Gitro
May 29, 2013

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I used autoequip when I was new, and it's a useful thing to play with to get to know the mod system, but don't rely on it long term.

Generally you will want to add the mod that adds +damage%, then you look at the stats. If the crit% is above 15%, boost that. If status% is above 20%, boost that. If neither are above 15%, boost whichever base stat (slash / puncture / impact) is highest. Elemental damage gets more complicated but generally corrosive is useful against everything, especially on rapid fire weapons.

Put elemental damage on stuff ahead of IPS, it's almost always going to be a bigger boost. As long as you don't wind up with magnetic (cold and electric) damage you're probably fine and even then you're probably better off with that than boosting the physical stats. Blast (fire and cold) and corrosive (toxic and electric) are the best all-rounder damage types but it doesn't really matter that much.

Gitro
May 29, 2013
the best part of this game is hammering out awful puns in chat.

MelvinBison posted:

I grabbed most of the Zephyr blueprints from the dojo after seeing the Argon and Niacin investments Wukong would be. Is Wukong still mediocre or will it be worth building in the future?

Do you like invincible gun platforms? That's all Wukong is. Other frames do all his gimmicks better or in more interesting ways, but if you want to shoot guns and be unkillable you can play Wukong.

More importantly he's 6k mastery.

Gitro
May 29, 2013

Pope Urbane II posted:

Wouldn't you have gotten a lot more if you had unequiped your primary, secondary, and sentinel?

Your kills are split 50/50 between the weapon that got the kill and your frame. Its shared affinity that gets split between everything, and apparently companions get the full affinity value of shared kills split between their weapon/self, so they don't even detract from your other bits of gear.

Gitro fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Apr 4, 2018

Gitro
May 29, 2013
Nekros is reasonably easy to get primed, I wouldn't potato it.

Excal maybe, and I don't particularly like nyx but if she's your jam I think she's still vaulted and expensive

Gitro
May 29, 2013
Died right at the end of a triple dool, got nothing :negative:

Gitro
May 29, 2013

Bug Squash posted:

I'm stuck on Defeat Chroma atm, and there's never any pubs. Should I just wait longer?

Ask in clan chat for help, or wait until you've got you've got a scattered justice for your Hek and a rhino to stop you dying. Pretty sure that's what I use to beat the Chroma quest.

Coming back to the quest later is perfectly valid if it's not stopping progress, you need a part from a Sedna boss to finish him.

Gitro
May 29, 2013
I should be careful in this space corridor I say, moments before the lockdown alarm blares.

Gitro
May 29, 2013
Run around the piss-hued battlefield shotgunning unaware idiots in their face, laugh as they confusedly fire at where you used to be. If it's all a bit much, press 4 and get the party started.

Gitro
May 29, 2013
It does not. I don't think frames can get knocked down while you're operator'd, but whatever the mechanic is it delivers so w/e.

Gitro
May 29, 2013
Nah, its like rank 6 to start being better, although not by a huge amount obviously. It's very unnecessary, I have most of my primed mods just a bit above where their regular counterpart stops and do just fine.

Gitro
May 29, 2013

Tylana posted:

Prizes
Warframe Slot + 2 Weapon Slots (8 available)

Ah hell, can't ever have enough of these. IGN: Ten_Pound_Terry

Gitro
May 29, 2013
So trip report from a moderately successful elite onslaught run: seems like Saryn/EV Trin/Equinox/CC frame (slowva?) is a real good bet. I was the saryn, never encountered a lockout for my spores while my squad got them moderately frequently. Seems to trip a lot on 4s, the equinox and trin got hit by it a lot. Also someone crashed and couldn't or didn't rejoin, so we were a squad of three from wave 4ish.

We got downed a lot towards the end and couldn't keep up with efficiency, not sure if we'd have to turbocharge the killframing to keep up or if the counter doesn't compensate for fewer players and spawns or what.

The relics are radded, it's 2 waves per rotation like excavs, so wave 8 gets you c rot. Elite has a chance to give braton/lato vandal bits, and a smaller chance for the Khora parts. The relics come radded.

It's a lot of fun, and pretty rewarding if you don't crash and lose everything. The Elite enemies feel a bit squishier than they should, my amprex doesn't normally hold up in level ~140 enemies but it was killing even eximus pretty fast. We were dropping like flies come wave 9 or so if we started getting hit. I like it.

Compared to going in with whatever on the first try, we were scoring at least 30k higher/wave and made it past wave 8. One run didn't get past the starting portal but we still got an A- when we aborted, so that's nice.

I don't know if it scales per wave or it's for the entire thing, but trying to self res took me 5 seconds on wave 11. It wasn't a good idea.

In unrelated news, this costs 100 plat to buy:

Gitro fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Apr 20, 2018

Gitro
May 29, 2013
Neuro and sys cost another 2 each, according to the wiki.

Gitro
May 29, 2013
Relic cracks are given to you even if you crash during the mission, and it would be really nice to see that extended to other endless missions. Still losing the focus would suck but I crashed on a run that got me a khora part and lost it, and I just can't be bothered trying to grind her out when I'm choosing between rolling the dice with every wave or intentionally failing the moment I get something I don't want to lose.

Gitro
May 29, 2013
decided to try another elite onslaught last night despite my misgivings. Crashed partway through round 2, managed to rejoin then the portal didn't open. Ok then.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

What's the best way of grinding out Endo? I've been of the opinion that Ayatans from sorties & Maroo's weeklies were best, along with melting duplicate mods.

Someone on reddit is suggesting the idea of endo alerts being boosted by MR, and that sounds like a pretty good idea to me.

Either vodyanoi with a dedicated group or I think the A rot on hieracon, its a 25% chance for 400 endo

Gitro
May 29, 2013
So i just timed using up my full energy bar (no Flow) on Harrow's 3 with my dolon build, took 10 secs to give me ~29 energy back per kill for a 35 sec duration. A headshot probably fills the entire thing.

what the gently caress are you doing?

Change his 3 to give way less energy but it works on any kill from anyone in the thurible, to everyone in the thurible.

e: I should specify this is low dur, high eff/str but like ok, the higher your dur the less you need to actually charge 3 to make the cost back,

Gitro fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Apr 24, 2018

Gitro
May 29, 2013
I don't think that's the dev's fault tbh

The concept: A cool ability you can charge up until you're happy with how strong you've made it

The reality: A goon stares at his screen for 15 seconds out of every minute, waiting, unable to comprehend any other way to play.

Gitro fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Apr 24, 2018

Gitro
May 29, 2013
EOS was pretty fun, even if the enemies were toned down. It was pretty hard to get real high without a slowva or something, it's fun to mow down hordes of dudes and the lethality keeps it kind of challenging, but I guess we can't have fun and rewarding things so oh well.

Also it's kind of lame that the current thing is to tap out at wave 8/9, though I understand why. Here's a mode you literally can't lose, but there's still no real incentive aside from focus to stay past the C rot, except that caps and you get at least half your daily going to wave 8-10 anyway. Why not add additional rotation payouts or something past the first C? Aside from the round 5 relic freebie or fissure timers I can't think of much of a reason in any endless mission to treat it as actually endless.

Gitro
May 29, 2013
I've maybe gotten the rewards from a failed migration before (got the affinity/focus, could remember the relic drops), so it works properly sometimes. Maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gitro
May 29, 2013

McKilligan posted:

Quick question - If I attach a lightning damage weapon mod to me weapon that says +15% lightning, does that mean that it ADDS an extra 15% lightning damage, or does it CONVERT 15% of my weapons damage into lightning?

Also importantly: the damage added is based off the total base damage the weapon does (multiplied by multishot and generic +damage), which makes modding for elemental damage almost always add more than modding for impact/pierce/slash.