Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
This patch turned my murderous space killer into an idiotic space tourist. I just stand there and snap pictures of everything, be it gun wielding space marine, resource container or computer intercace... completely oblivious to all the killing going on around me. And for some retarded reason I'm enjoying it. I guess the damage thingy is also nice, haven't had time testing it yet with all the pictures I have to take.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Seems they found a way to 'buff' the Grataka by giving it a 10% base proc chance. Combined with its high fire rate it seems to be the best weapon in my inventory to dish out elemntal procs. Not sure if it's worth with the low base damage though... on the other hand, having a semi-reliable perma-stun ranged weapon might come in handy, especially since there are more than enough secondaries that can carry you through the game so losing a primary slot is not that much of a problem.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

I just did my first 'high-end mission' since damage 2.0, cause I was busy leveling my Valkyr, and for the first time in a long, long while I failed. I equipped my Rhino and my Soma and went into that 55-58 alert not thinking about it. While loading i realized that my Soma is not modded to take advantage of the new Damage system yet and that the old enemy level 100 is now 30. Got a little worried but than remebred it's warframe where everything is easy and you can't die unless you get a phone call or do high-wave defense missions. I was so wrong and I am so happy about it.
I could keep the enemies down, but they kept proc-ing for slash damage, so I eventually bled to death through my shields. And surprisingly, I had a lot of fun during the whole thing. Used up my few health restores cause I never bothered rebuilding many as I rarely needed them at all. Now I have the urge to stock up on support items and that gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling for some retarded reason.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Nope.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Elemental mods are added to each other from top left to bottom right, so you can chose what combined elemental effect you want by ordering your mods around accordingly. If you have enough room and points you can get as many combined elemntals as you like. It seems that only one elemental effect procs for each shot though so stacking multiple elemntal thingies is not that useful on most weapons unless you have very high fire rate and proc chance, or a shotgun, as it seems each pellet is calculated like a single shot in terms of damage, crit and proc.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Shade is the only sentinel I use after having leveled the first three that were available. I love its ability to cloak me, and leveling up that ability and putting it in the upper left slot* lets it trigger rather often. I don't bother using any offensive skills with any sentinel though, I know they can be rather useful, but i find it distracting if I try to level a melee weapon and my sentinel decides to blast away whatever I try to murder atm. So for pure improvement of damage output other sentinels are a better option, like Deathcube or Worm.

*the placement of the active abilities determines what is getting used more often by the sentinel. If you want your sentinel to dish out damage, put that standard attack in the upper left slot, etc, etc.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

I also enjoy Valkyr, and while it is an overall bad frame I realy, realy love the Rip Line skill, both for movement and for ripping people in half, flinging their corpse across the room all while it counts as 'silent' and the guy next to the target is none the wise.

Also love the Tigris, even if its not great, I just love it.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Anyone checked the Codex entry for Excalibur yet? That's more background info on the setting than we got in a long time and it's all hidden behind one, single entry that probably most people don't bother to look up, as it's just a standard starter warframe.

The Sentients had won. They had turned our weapons, our technology, against us. The more advanced we became, the greater our losses. The war was over, unless we found a new way. In our desperation we turned to the Void. The Blinding night, the hellspace where our science and reason failed.

We took the twisted few that had returned from that place. We build a frame around them, a conduit for their affliction. Gave them the weapons of the old ways. Gun and blade. A new warrior, a new code was born. These rejects, these Tenno, became our savior. Warrior Gods cast in steel and fury, striking our enemies in a way they could never comprehend.

Excalibur was the first.

-Orokin 'Warframe' Archives

At least I've not seen/read that before.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

On the other hand it would be kind of broken getting too high proc rating. I already can keep down whole groups of enemies indefenitly by spamming blast with my Latron with 19.5% proc rate.

Feindfeuer fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Nov 25, 2013

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

He didn't appear for me yet, even though i farmed both new bosses a lot. The only exception was the current 'event' mission where he appears, but I guess he's dumped down on purpose for that, cause he only took two full blasts from my once formaed level 22 Tigris and had enough.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Was the Supra ever any good? I always thought it was just as bad as the Gorgon, with the added drawback of having snail speed projectiles that just kind of lazily hover towards the enemy. Never bothered to completly level it because of that, was there something during damage 1.0 that made the whole mess worthwhile?

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Dezztroy posted:

Are you sure about this part? When I ran it, I never saw the Stalker. Of course, he might have just instantly killed one of the pubbies and then run off.

As Darvo sends you there to lure out the Stalker who as been tailing him for the last few weeks, yes, there should be a guaranteed Stalker spawn. He will be around the level the enemies are, so he is easily killed, you might not have noticed that you killed him yourself while just hammering into a big pile of enemies.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

I say vitality has recieved a buff in Dmg 2.0. Shield is not the end-all damage soaker it used to be and if you get proced by slashing damage you will get a health DoT, the heavier/higher the damage/enemy, the more brutal the DoT. This will hit right through your shields. I don't know if it also procs through Iron Skin though, as I am the only Rhino who has it not equipped at all.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

I wish I wouldn't have sold all those blueprints I got during the early closed beta, but they always repeated the same line about trading never beeing a thing and so there was no point of keeping them around. Now I think that one day I might actually be able to share the nice things I find, so now all those BPs are kept in my Inventory. If I would've still got my stacks of Dark Swords, Dark Daggers, Jaw Swords, Heat Dagger, etc, I got back than I could probably give at least one BP of something rare to every GOON member once BP trading hits. Now I only have a small stack of Gorgon and Glaive BPs. :smith:

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

The Wraith Strun is absolutly brutal compared to the normal Strun, the Wraith Machete is still better than the normal Machete but it's still a longsword so it sucks. I'll aim for the Wraith Vipers, cause the normal Vipers are already brutal and the Wraiths seem to just a solid boost in damage output.

Edit:
Also that Titan Prime Extractor is totaly broken, not because of the increased income but because it costs 500 Alloy Plate and 300 Nano Spores to craft which is a lot cheaper than the 500 Polymer Bundle and 300 Ferrite price of the vanilla one. First 4h and he got me enough Spores to craft another 10, not that I've got a shortage of spores and alloys to begin with.

Feindfeuer fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Dec 19, 2013

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

The Saydiada... the back thingy looks realy nice, as does the warframe skin. All frosty and ghosty with an animated layer above the actual skin. Guess the weapons look nice too, but dunno if I'll ever see those in action.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Everyone gets along fine in the warframe universe, it's one big hug party, only the Lotus sends out her crazed assassines to randomly murder people of the tech guild, the space UN or the hippy mutants. So sometimes they hire that Stalker merc to get some revenge.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

If thank that was already datamined and posted here, at least I think I got the info from that thread which made me not care about the super-mega-rare drop anymore.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

I still don't have my Frost Prime, and I got the blueprint back before Void missions were a thing. But I almost instantly got my Braton Prime and Paris Prime stuff together, even though I didn't really try to get it and just helped some friends grind some credits in the void with the random set of keys we had in our inventory at the time.

Feindfeuer fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Dec 31, 2013

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Melee doesn't suck cause you're not putting out enough damage, you can do that with some of the heavy weapons, but because you're at a higher risk of getting damage yourself and getting interrupted/micro stunned, canceling out your damage. There is no gain in using melee over ranged weapons for the increased risk. That said, I also enjoy charging into close combat and as there is no real competition in that game I don't care that melee sucks.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Nordick posted:

So a new update just hit and introduced a new gun, called Drakgoon Flak Cannon.

Now, which one of you guys is secretly a DE employee?

Came here to ask that exact question.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Pierson posted:

Huh, did they have the accessories as a separate buyable thing with the Ember Prime Time sets or is this the first time they've done it?

The last time they were part of the 'big packs', but I think it's nice that you now have the chance go grab the exclusive accessories and still can grind the other stuff if that's what you enjoy.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Fish Noise posted:

Lore I Just Made Up: All Grineer Galleons come equipped with a Grineer Dance Hall. In this image, the Grineer are doing the Machinegun Shuffle.

Just looking at that first page, I can't help but notice that:
1. The OP is the only one angry about a vague suggestion at the possibility of losing exclusivity who doesn't have an Excalibur Prime avatar.
2. Of the Excalibur Prime avatars, only the one at the end isn't being a shithead about the whole thing.

So, resident space Romneys, I have to ask: How reliable is the Excal Prime avatar as a shithead detector?

Well, the OP is the shittiest Grand Master in that threat and he doesn't rock his Excal Prime avatar. There are quiet some (grand)masters around who are really big on that exclusive stuff, I have no idea why, I'm one too but for all I care the stuff could end up in the market the next day. I bought it to support the development early, not to get shiny space toys that only I can play with and that I can dangle in front of lesser players.
But some people just need that feeling of superiority, even if it's archived via exlcusive items in a videogame. Which is all kinds of sad.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

I hope that was during the time when items could still be ninjaed and were not instanced for each player individualy. But I fear that's not the case. :smith:

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Big Floppy posted:

After donating for the research and building my own. I now am at 697 oxium once again. Now I only wish there is something else I can do with it other than look at it. But yes doubler is totally worth it for oxium.

The new rare resource harvesting drone, from the current prime pack, uses Oxium as a building resource.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Great, I had to get that Hayden Tenno skin... it's all kinds of awesome.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Vriess posted:

It bugs out Excalibre Prime because it is also a helmet skin.

It only bugs out in the customization screen, once you exit that the prime helmet stops getting drawn and you're left with the pure Hayden Tenno suit with no clipping issues.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

With the right mods the MK1 is not too bad; sure, there are better guns but it's enough to take on any boss you encounter during regular play, cause the bosses are all push overs anyway. It only falls short in late wave defense or high time survival missions, but so do many other guns.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Piell posted:

Mk-1 Braton is literally the worst primary in the game.

The Grataka is only better with very specific builds, the Snipertron is still just as bad and the Ignis was worse for a long time pre-buff.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Still the MK.1 is a viable weapon to grind the parts for more useful weapon, there is no need to upgrade to the standard Braton or any other low-level shop weapon (besides the Strun, cause I love the Strun). They all suck with bad mod selection, they all are ok with good mod selection, none is great. There is no reason to hate on pubbies for using it instead of wasting the rather limited money you get in the beginning to buy a tiny upgrade.

At least that's my opinion. I'm weird though, cause I just formaed my MK.1 again. :neckbeard:

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Male Man posted:

The normal Braton spits out something like 50% more dps at the cost of slightly higher recoil (although it's still perfectly manageable) and a smaller magazine. It's an enormous upgrade, especially early on when you don't have the mods to squeeze more damage out of your guns.

I prefer the MK.I, I can keep the gun on weakspots on most ranges with the low fire rate and higher accuracy really helping with the damage output, its a headshot machine. The 'upgraded' Braton only has higher DPS if you get a lot closer or if you just drop mags into the centre mass all the time with both of them.
I will not deny that it is outclassed by all higher tiered weapons, but I don't see the Braton as a straight upgrade at all. And the Snipertron got removed? I somehow missed that... yes, it still sucks a lot. It's primary damage is 80 puncture that it deals from a 4 round mag with 4 seconds reload time with auto-AP not beeing a thing anymore it's pretty much a gimmick weapon. It has rather high crit chance (20%) so you can build on that... if you want to use a Snipertron for some reason.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

I guess they tell the story from the grineer side cause they are the (human) faction that relies most on melee, they actually have quiet the selection of close combat troops so they get the focus in the previews.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

This man speaks the truth, there is no shame in helping some low-level pubbies getting into the game (or some goons who started fresh) and it's a good way to level freshly forma'd stuff.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Grineer Shipyard, and from earlier conceptart we know it's placed on an ocean... so yeah, perfect background for the fishframe.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Me too, but I feel like that for a lot of april fools jokes. Every year it's the same, the Devs of various games remind me of what I was unaware I'd love to see just to pretty much tell me in the very same message that it will never happen, cause 'it's just a joke'.
:smith:

Would also be nice cause it would open up the option for further atmospheric customizations. Maybe swapping out the rather old 'special color palette' for every event for a special entry anmiation. Frosted grates with snowflakes falling down for example, would also fit perfectly with the grineer reindeers we got the last two times.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

That's kind of disapointing... everything pointed towards the mid-week update this week as beeing the drop for the big update. Well, I guess I can wait another week.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

I'm not sure it's worth it anyway, the clans who get the towers up will probably try to keep the taxes to a minimum anyway so that there is no reason to support any contenders during those PvEvP pseudo invasion events, cause there are a lot of pubbs and even they will support the guys that will ask for less taxes. Also my guess is that the initial investment in getting those things up in the first place will be rather massive.
So probably not worth it besides bragging rights anyway.

Edit:
Yeah, no tax zones could earn us the support of the public. Goons ruin everything, in this case the income of the big space ninja clans.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Fish Noise posted:

Yeah, I use "what if it gets an Ignis buff" to justify my hoarding everything, but really, if a buff that good happens, you probably won't mind building another and leveling it from scratch.

Orokin Catalysts and Reactors, they look like potatoes. Catalysts go in weapons, Reactors go in frames. They grant a 2x multiplier to mod capacity, and the one-time installation is permanent. Their blueprints pop up as rare alerts and invasion rewards, or they can be bought ready-to-go from the store for plat.

Every time something like this comes up I consider making a UI video and then quickly dissuade myself.

Do they still come up as login rewards? I remember getting a few as login rewards some time ago. But now it's only frame/weapon XP and Plat discount for me.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

So we're getting a Goon Alliance up once U13 hits where all the small Ghost Clans that exist around the big Goon Clan can actually support it now directly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

I actually really like the Puddle thing... turning into a sentinent puddle, swallowing enemies and drowning them sliently without other people noticing nearby. This dude is a real horror/cthulu/pirate. Misses a Blunderbuss though, but at least they got the Tricorn hat (alt helmet) and the parrot (sentinel parts).