Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jothan
Dec 18, 2013
I didn’t get a screenshot of it but if you were in the tennocon relay near the end of the stream they did something that put all the players into a little dance animation all at once, and if you brought your kubrow into the relay, it... also did the dance. Just, the same animations applied to the kubrow model.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jothan
Dec 18, 2013

Dareon posted:

Excuse me it is nonbinary, referred to with the singular they. :colbert:

Could well be the plural they, come to think of it.

Jothan
Dec 18, 2013

Dareon posted:

Okay, what the gently caress is going on with the profanity filter.
If you’re on switch, having a custom name that’s too long will give you the profanity error.

Dareon posted:

Reach out and punch someone?
lol I tried this same one

Jothan
Dec 18, 2013
I had a ton of trouble with that, until I got a glaive and got it in one.

Jothan
Dec 18, 2013

quote:

Inspiration for the non-combat parts of The New War, specifically the classroom, came from the Persona franchise

This article creates a lot more questions than it answers

Jothan
Dec 18, 2013

Inzombiac posted:

Even though I have all the survivability stuff on my Smeeta, she's getting killed all the time in Zarian missions.

You’re using link health/shields/armor, right? Got Pack Leader too?

Jothan
Dec 18, 2013

quote:

Additionally, we’re reviewing the possibility for new Operator Arcanes that have direct interactions with Overguard and are planning on adding an additional Arcane Slot for Amps.

Jothan
Dec 18, 2013

Memnaelar posted:

Wukong changes not so bad - clone does half damage, can be staggered (although PSF still prevents) and (I missed this part) I believe will also respect ammo limits? No other significant changes.

Wuclone uses your ammo, specifically.

AOE nerfs include a general ammo drop system change (moving to just primary/secondary) and making it so explosions can’t deal headshots. Headshots are being buffed for other weapons.

Jothan
Dec 18, 2013
Oh also I don’t think it’s been mentioned yet but armor stripping is being changed to be additive, not multiplicative. If you strip 50% armor twice that’ll be all the armor instead of 75%

Jothan
Dec 18, 2013

Nalesh posted:

Considering it will most likely be things like damage, str, range, and duration, yes. Like for example one of the confirmed utility ones is energy regen, and considering the health regen one in defense is over double what the aura gives, we can probably expect ~1.5 energy a second per energy regen crystal.

I think they just said that one of them would buff energy pickups, like a smaller arcane energize.

Jothan
Dec 18, 2013
I remember during the announcement stream someone in the chat was going on about how that for 5 shard per warframe did DE really expect players to be doing this every week for the next 5 years??? and first of all yes but also why on earth would you be trying to keep and fully shard one of each frame in the game

Jothan
Dec 18, 2013
I like the khal mission format so far. For those that haven’t played it, they’re single missions with challenges for faction currency, and you can repeat that week’s mission so you can clear all the challenges. Hopefully they refine the challenges so half of them aren’t “find all the hidden objects”

Also it feels like they’ve got the balance down pretty good with the fixed player stats. I hope they keep making boss fights out of enemies that are normally minor annoyances.

Jothan
Dec 18, 2013

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Is the archon shard +25% secondary crit chance additive?

It’s additive with crit chance mods, yes

Jothan
Dec 18, 2013

FishMcCool posted:

So, I'm confused about the latest stuff schedule. Archon hunts start on Wednesday, which is weird but ok. But doesn't Kahl stuff start on Mondays? Yersterday it was still the old one, so I guess I was mistaken.

Like, couldn't they just start every weekly thing on Monday? Just make current ones last a bit longer and then sync up poo poo.

No; you had it right- they delayed this week’s khal mission to fix parts of it. They’re saying it’ll sync up with archon hunts for now, and they’re planning on moving both to Sundays later to sync up with the nightwave turnover.

Jothan
Dec 18, 2013
I liked their choice for the final boss of this week but I wish the reveal had come with a more satisfying conclusion. There wasn’t even any acknowledgment once the fight was over.

Also just a heads up, there’s two somachords to find in this mission instead of one.

Jothan
Dec 18, 2013

BMan posted:

All the meta warcrime guns

hey that’s a good question DE when are we getting Kuva Primes

Jothan
Dec 18, 2013
the sortie defense guy sucks

Jothan
Dec 18, 2013

Nalesh posted:

Always bring a good secondary and he'll just absolutely ruin enemies near him. I like the cyanex because of the homing.

I usually stick to kuva nukor for that but now I’m wondering how he’d do with an aegrit without the ammo limit

Does the ally ai know how to use alt fire?

Jothan
Dec 18, 2013

Jothan posted:

I usually stick to kuva nukor for that but now I’m wondering how he’d do with an aegrit without the ammo limit

Does the ally ai know how to use alt fire?

I have good news about the enemy ai with aegrit

Jothan
Dec 18, 2013

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I was doing kuva survival and i can't seem to void blast the weapon from those invulnerable guys anymore.

Dash works for that now

Jothan
Dec 18, 2013

free hubcaps posted:

Specters can run our of ammo now? That sucks

Specters use your ammo now.

Jothan
Dec 18, 2013
Just every now and then dropping a line that implicates she’s the exact same one as the one in Warframe: Regular

I’ve seen a few people talking about Wally vs Albrecht but I feel like it’s pretty clear that’s not the actual man in the wall walking around? He’s got two pretty distinct looks, one is the tragic masonry accident and one would’ve been Arthur But Creepy in that scene. On the other hand, we’ve seen people under his influence after meeting him, so I think we’re seeing both of them there. I think Albrecht lost.

Also calling that Warframe 1999 is gonna be some kind of time loop plot. One is Aoi completely unprompted shouting out “boy, wouldn’t it be nice if we could start over from the beginning???” and also at the end of the demo the date ticks over to Jan 1st 2000, but the thing’s called Warframe 1999 and that just don’t add up.

Jothan
Dec 18, 2013
Looks like cross-platform clans/friends are live now

Jothan
Dec 18, 2013

chumbler posted:

It will also put litter all over your map and screen.

I have not figured out what the deal with the acolyte-ish thing that spawns during it is, though. It seems like you just kill its first health bar and then have to find a book to actually kill it and get a mod or something, but I have not figured out what the clue is for where the book is.

It’s got a map marker, but only while the enemy itself is down and recovering.

Jothan
Dec 18, 2013
Should I be putting the max corrosion stack bonus from green emerald shards on Saryn, or just sticking to the ability damage bonus to corroded enemies?

Jothan
Dec 18, 2013

Kesper North posted:

I'd love to know how Doctor Ducati is kicking around with a partially-warframed dude in 1999 if Ballas invented warframes. A guy slowly turning into Excalibur doesn't make a lot of sense in that timeframe, it's way too early for any of this to exist! It would mean that Ballas is a twentieth century guy! What the heck!

For anyone who hasn’t gotten the latest lore fragments (and doesn’t mind spoilers) Warframe 1999 is some time travel nonsense; Albrecht brought back the Helminth strain as a “cure” for select individuals. He even refers to the strain as “Ballas’s Warframes”.

However, it’s also entirely possible Ballas is a twentieth century guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jothan
Dec 18, 2013

Kwanzaa Quickie posted:

I don't think I saw anyone else mention this yet, but if you go to https://www.warframe.com/anniversary and scroll down a bit, there's a computer monitor you can type in. If you enter happynewyear you get a glyph and a color pallette.

Also, if anyone's interested in this sort of thing, the background message near the console appears to say

quote:

Arthur, for soul's sake learn how to park your goddam bike.
If I find it in my spot again, I'm kicking it over.
With Love,
Quincy
P.S. I'm supposed to invite you to the New Year's Bash (?maybe? not sure of this last symbol).
Consider this the invite.

Of course, the message on the sticky note reads "THE QUICK BROWN FOX JUMPS OVER THE LAZY DOG"