Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
I hope you can feel my jealousy through the screen. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

I finally picked up my Redeemer from the Foundry and it owns bones. There's something hilarious in blasting dudes with the shotgun all Elmer Fudd because as a melee weapon, the shotgun blast is actually silent. :downs:

Guess I'll have to do some Void missions to pick up the stances.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

It's certainly preferable to the whole rigmarole to get a Vauban. :sigh: I think making one took me a year, not counting my hiatus, because I kept missing the alerts for the last part I needed.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

And enemies killed by channel attacks float away and disintegrate!

...I haven't quite figured out if it affects enemies noticing the body. It should, but I had a Grineer grunt become alerted when he saw the tiny handful of giblets remaining. I should get a weapon that isn't Slashing. :cheeky:

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

When a Liset puts on weight... :pwn:

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

inkblot posted:

The best mob chatter is the Grineer line that sounds like "What's good, Tenno?"

I liked the Grineer line that sounded like a mushed-up version of "God drat Tenno, son-of-a-gun!" Never fails to make me smile.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Who put Soul Edge in my space ninja robot :v:

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Dreadwroth posted:

Ordis is an AI.

A really glitchy AI.

He used to be a human before the Orokin turned him into a robot and programmed him to love you, though.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

aegof posted:

the music is perfect

:agreed:

In my opinion YE fired almost a second too early, though! :v:

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

While wearing Excalibur Prime I've had someone think I was a DE staff member once. :v: Too bad I wasn't goony enough to troll him.

Excalibur is a nice and solid frame, can't blame me for giving him the most play time next to Loki. :shobon: If only I was around to get Loki Prime parts.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

You didn't say anything about Kaworu. :colbert:

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

It was a pretty uncanny Gendo. :v: Congratulations on your new gun!

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Also loyalty doesn't change if the dogge is still a baby. :kimchi:

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Malachite_Dragon posted:

:tipshat: I made the one I gave you, at that; I'm still pretty happy with how well I edited out mini-Mesa's foot from the corner of the image. I've still got ones of Snoopy-Kubrow and Charlie Excal that no one has claimed.

Snoobrow and Charlie Excalibrown are adorable :kimchi:

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

I've got 2 Natural Talent mods looking for a good home (any goon is welcome to get them, though I'd prefer they go to newbies). IGN is Lugwy, hit me up if you want one.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Raptor1033 posted:

That's always been my experience. Or my loving cat jumping to intercept it from out of nowhere. Think that's a space cat feature?

is catte, can't fix :v:

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Also newbies in general:

Chances are your landing craft is still the one you started with (the Liset), so make some air support charges and put them in your Gear slot. If you trip the alarms in a Spy or Rescue mission, popping one will pause the timer for about 10 more seconds, giving you more time to do what you need to do.

This even works in sorties.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

I have a surplus of Imperator Vandal barrels and looking for a receiver if someone's missing a barrel for theirs.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Jabarto posted:

I don't have any extra receivers but is there anything else I could offer you for a barrel?

I can take a 60/60 electric or cold rifle status mod, a 60/60 non-toxin pistol status mod, or a 60/60 fire or electricity melee status mod. IG Lugwy if you wanna take it up.

Still got an extra barrel I'd like to trade for a receiver if there's somegoon who needs a barrel and has a surplus of receivers.

Pooncha fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Jun 29, 2017

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Of course I put up that message and loot a receiver in the wee hours of the morning. :v:

Either way I have 3 barrels and 1 BP up for grabs, gratis. If you're on PC and want one or both of them send me a line. IGN: Lugwy

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

The backers who paid enough for a Lato and Skana Prime probably feel vindicated by now.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

What mod arrangements do you guys use on the Attica to not make it a pile of doopy dumplings?

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

People like Roar and Stomp CC.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

To unlock Second Dream you need to do Natah first and complete the requirements of the junction. You can start the quest in Uranus if you're at least mastery rank 3. Bring a codex scanner, hop in some Uranus missions, and look out for blue flashes.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

And beyond cephalon fragments there's also things you can also scan called "Kuria". They look like kitty sculptures and are often hidden in the most insidious places. They're even less required to scan but scanning them gets you a bit of lore and a sigil, glyph, and eventually sculpture to play with. Also the bragging rights of sticking your nose in every crack and crevice.

I still keep regular codex scanners just to scan Kuria because the synthesis scanner's orange filter makes it difficult to spot the golden shimmer.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

It's the smoothest running modern game in my nearly-eight-year-old dinosaur despite most settings cranked to the highest. I only start having FPS issues when things get very busy on-screen.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

I would argue that some frames may be worth sinking plat onto. There's a decent case for the 75-plat frames, especially Excalibur if you didn't start with him since he's gated behind an onerous boss mechanic otherwise, and it includes a pre-installed potato and a slot so after all that the frame itself is just 35 plat.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Trash kubrow dens in Earth missions and sometimes an egg will roll out.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

I’d also consider the 75-plat frames, which are the other starters. And of those 75-plat frames get Excalibur if he isn’t your starter. He’s gated behind a grind similar to Mesa’s.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

sexpig by night posted:

Oooh so not a unique faction. Ok, makes sense.

Any special mission with a higher amount than normal I should do? Don't think I've seen those guys yet, the quest still says 0/3 so I haven't bumbled onto killing one.

To add to “do endless or exterminates”, it seems tripping the alarm (or just pissing off the infested in general) gives you a bigger chance to spawn an eximus.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

I’ll take the Aksomati riven. ig: Lugwy

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Montalvo posted:

I don't know what a proc is and damage types confuse me but I got my whacking stick to have glowy ends by putting blast damage on it somehow so that's cool

How do I change the color of the exterior of my ship?

Open the menu, select “Equipment”, and at the bottom is something like “select landing craft”. From there you can customise the outside and the inside too.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Also you don’t need to level Life Strike at all. With the amount of damage you can put out with the right combination of melee weapon and mods, 5% life steal still means a huge chunk of your health. Also the efficiency penalty can really catch you off guard at higher ranks.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Build for range. Efficiency so you can spam 2, because you'll be spamming it, especially in populated areas. A macro might help with this one but I find it doable without a macro. Then some duration if you want so you have some leeway for optimal slide attacking without rushing against the clock. Ditch Power Strength. You don't really need the 2 augment; the radius on it is so tiny that for it to matter the enemy is likely to spot you anyway when you're sliding in. Always sleep dudes before killing them, since sometimes if they're awake killing them without a finisher animation will cancel the multiplier for some godforsaken reason.

Have a melee weapon that can kill everything in Adaro in one slide attack. Guandao is a decent choice, has the ideal range for slide attack shenanigans, and is cheap to make (compared to other comparable polearms). Stuff Radiation in it to make killing the meaty Bombards and such easier. Put in (Primed) Reach so you can touch everything in a good range with a slide attack. Critical/Attack Speed mods to taste.

Naramon's Affinity Spike will give you extra affinity on melee kills. Pop that for a free bonus that will last through the entire mission. Have the best lenses on your frame and weapon.

Then it just comes down to practice.

Pooncha fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Dec 28, 2017

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Yeah it's better to pub Jackal, there's always dudes wanting to build Rhino or farm the secondary ranged mod (Ruinous Extension).

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

I’d say Paris but that’s just me due to Impact’s poor damage profile (though it’s fun if you want to ragdoll dudes).

You would end up building both if you want mastery, though.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Kill the metal, save the meat

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

sicDaniel posted:

Have you sent it yet? Coop farming sounds great, but I'm in Germany so my time is all weird.

I have started building Rhino this morning. Got to Phobos and Ceres, where I actually failed a mission for the first time. Mainly because I had no idea what a Hijack mission is and I took my Hek into it. Sniper Rifle would have been much better.

I also have all three Oberon parts and a Kudrow egg. With that I can do the pet quest, right?

You can complete Howl of the Kubrow with what you have, but I recommend you hold it off until you have a more solid nest egg. Pets are basically murder Tamagotchis you have to remember to feed stabilize every once in a while, especially if you don't have specific orbiter segments, and the upkeep for that can be costly.

However, this only applies if the pet is full-grown. If they're still puppies/kittens they don't ever degrade and all they will do is run around your ship being cute and pettable.

Pooncha fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jan 6, 2018

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

I built a sibear. :downs: But mostly because of this:

(It also makes for an easy corrosive+cold setup)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

turn off the TV posted:

What makes you say this? Argon Scope activates on a headshot, not necessarily a headshot kill, and there's a good number of situations where a higher crit chance is going to be way more useful than higher crit damage, since level 2 crits deal almost twice as much damage as level 1.

I’m assuming the results of number crunching.

Though in the particular case of your weapon I can see the appeal of Bladed Rounds over Argon Scope—if you already have <100% crit you really want more critical damage since it’ll apply the effect to all of your shots (instead of some of them) and chances are with a sniper rifle you’re going to OHKO whatever you point it at anyway, so you’ll have fairly consistent uptime on it.