Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Don't quote me as I haven't encountered that voice line yet, but apparently Eudico includes Ticker and Zuud in "girls' night."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Not sure if this was posted but here's what happens when you reach the highest standing level with Solaris. Big spoilers.

https://imgur.com/a/TeAMGlk

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Kaincypher posted:

Speaking of Second Dream, does anyone actually use operator mode for anything? I miss having the previous focus power. I forget the name, but your frame floats a bit and fires off an energy beam. That was awesome.

They're mandatory for Eidolons, which are the best boss fights in the game.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

turn off the TV posted:

I didn't think that Thursby could get any weirder.

Dandywalken posted:

You seem ace, so here's my face.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

TipsyMcStagger posted:

I finished that quest and haven't done this yet. What do I do exactly.

Make a right at Konzu and follow the path slightly obscured by the rocks. When you get to the door, go to spoiler mode and talk to the dude inside.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Hobold posted:

Those guys are magnetic proc on hit, not drain auras like Energy Leech Eximus aura. I'm talking about the aura that bleeds your energy, and can nullify an energy orb pick up, within 5 seconds of you having grabbed it.

If one of those eximus assholes is within the same zipcode as you, especially on Onslaught maps, better hope you're not on a casting frame.

Reading comprehension is your friend.

quote:

Not only does the Ancient Disruptor possess an aura that allows its nearby allies to drain Warframe energy with each attack,

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

SadisTech posted:

So, uh.... anyone hit Old Mate level with Fortuna yet?

Massive Spoiler do not click

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/959725957389301886/A8A45FEB0818E81F2A207A1EDB0159A1012D4422/

I really like the devs of this game and the way that they think.

skaianDestiny posted:

Not sure if this was posted but here's what happens when you reach the highest standing level with Solaris. Big spoilers.

https://imgur.com/a/TeAMGlk

We've speculated that the Solaris keep their brains in their chests. What I don't think most expected was that their entire head was also attached to the brain.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Synthbuttrange posted:

Cutting a person in half usually works, only 1 time it turned out badly for the Tenno.

Look at them, they come to this place when they know they are not pure. Tenno use the keys, but they are mere trespassers. Only I, Vor, know the true power of the Void. I was cut in half, destroyed, but through its Janus Key, the Void called to me. It brought me here and here I was reborn. We cannot blame these creatures, they are being led by a false prophet, an impostor who knows not the secrets of the Void. Behold the Tenno, come to scavenge and desecrate this sacred realm. My brothers, did I not tell of this day? Did I not prophesize this moment? Now, I will stop them. Now I am changed, reborn through the energy of the Janus Key. Forever bound to the Void. Let it be known, if the Tenno want true salvation, they will lay down their arms, and wait for the baptism of my Janus key. It is time. I will teach these trespassers the redemptive power of my Janus key. They will learn its simple truth. The Tenno are lost, and they will resist. But I, Vor, will cleanse this place of their impurity.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Corridor Digital made the Lotus helmet and a void relic!

https://youtu.be/TEjxuTM6sCw

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

njsykora posted:

There's a synthesis entry from I think the Grineer lancers where they basically co-operate with a bunch of Orokin fleeing the war once it's clear they've lost and they turn on the Orokin the instant they don't need them any more.

It's a two part entry.

The first is an Executor and her Sectarus, where the Executor, after enlisting the aid of Grineer, constantly belittles their ability and even openly says that they're going to dispose of the Grineer once they're done. The biggest and most intelligent Grinner of the group, named Veytok, kills her once the Sectarus Bilsa gets the shuttle working, and says to Bilsa she works for them now.

The second takes place some amount of after, where Bilsa pleading with another Orokin, Alarez, to save her from the Grineer. She says that Veytok is gathering an army of Grineer. After some back and forth, Alarez gets Bilsa to let him board, but entering through a maintenance shaft to avoid the Grineer. Entering with his Dax, Alarez orders his Dax to hold Bilsa down while he takes her her genetic information so he can have Executorial access, planning to kill her after. It's then revealed that Bilsa has been working with Grineer, willingly now, as Veytok and some Grineer kill Alarez's Dax in a surprise attack and then Alarez himself. Veytok tells Bilsa they have the frigate and the lab, and in response to her asking why they keep killing the others before she can visit, he tells her she is Grineer now.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

If you hide on the buoys you should be ok to AFK the water fight. A score of 0-0 is still a win.

Sitting in a tree is also viable.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Which should I go for?

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Parvo laying the absolute verbal smackdown on Neffy was the best part of the quest. All of it was good, but that was stand out. Parvo seems like a cool dude.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

endlessmonotony posted:

Well that boss fight was the actual literal worst boss fight in all of Warframe, ever.

Bring your best bullshit deleter and be prepared for the gimmick to be the worst garbage you can imagine.

No Mods No Masters posted:

Whenever someone working on an enemy is tempted to push the "give it 99.99% damage resistance" button- that's when they can safely be retired

Are you talking about Protea? Cause I found that one rather easy.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
The biggest change I'd want for Protea farming is making it so kills above the max rank matter. Right now there's literally no incentive to kill a single enemy above 75. Having it so you get more rewards the more you kill (eg. getting 150 kills gets you 2 rank 3 rewards) would make grinding much better.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Speaking of tilesets how do y'all feel about the newer tilesets having a lot more open space?

Personally I think it's a good thing since it helps prevent bullet jumping into a wall stopping your momentum.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Disruption really is just the superior Defense. Massive enemy spawns for fun times killing and letting crowd control frames have a purpose, the "defense" targets don't die unless you let the miniboss get to them (so they dont get swarmed to death by the hundreds of enemy mooks), and the miniboss enemies are tough enough that single target killers are useful. You're kept reasonably mobile searching for keys/the miniboss which is half the fun of Warframe. Probably the best reward rotation of any mission, with the C rewards (the only rewards that matter) being forever after 2 initial A/B rotations.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Eugh hope they change how they're doing the Dax outfits. Don't like big disparity between genders in outfits, especially since Warframe is usually good with that.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Dareon posted:

Thoughts I have had:
This game suffers from the common MMO problem of not signposting its villains enough. Who is this man/robot/potato, and why do I need to punch them in the face/perceptors/eyes so badly? The in-mission briefing is the first I've heard of any of my assassination targets. Especially glaring with Alad V, who is apparently kind of a big deal, and I shot him in the face with no preamble. I think I killed Vay Hek Terra Frame before I killed the regular one.

See, a lot of Warframe's story and lore is in the limited time events, where we get poo poo like Salad V Once Again Poking poo poo That Would Kill Him And Then Crying to The Tenno For Help, Vay Hek's latest compensation project, Frohd Bek's new larynx, why half the fanbase wants Tyl Regor's voice to raw them (specifically the voice), etc.

Like, some of Vay Hek's most meme-able lines comes from a livestream where he "interrupted" the regular broadcast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOygJJ7Zudk

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
https://twitter.com/rebbford/status/1289744790376964096

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Poetry

https://twitter.com/zilvtree/status/1289696525925326849
https://twitter.com/zilvtree/status/1289697197424963584

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Victory Position posted:

so transference can hold on giant fuckoff Orokin robots, huh

DE have said the only thing that prevents you the player from using Transference on anything and everything is that they can't spend the time and effort rigging up the animations, moves, etc. for every enemy and/or object in the game. Lore-wise the Tenno can possess anything.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
If anyone hasn't, give the Necraloid lore entries a listen to. They're absolute marvels of story telling and voice acting. DE really nailed the Gothic/Lovecraftian horror feel.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
They really need to add more Lich personalities. I mean even just adding the other gender to the existing personalities would vary it up enough. Don't even need to change the voice lines.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Yeah but steel path takes way more than 25% more time to kill all the mega tanky stuff

I never noticed with my boom boom bow and Mirage TBH. The penis tower Infested take the longest and it's only like 2-3 arrows before they die horribly.

Speaking of what's the best to put on Mirage? I need more survivability with her, so Hildryn's Pillage?

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Danann posted:

Speaking of bosses, remember that time where they were just uniquely colored enemies? :v:

I liked that they did a callback to Vay Hek's old look in that comic that introduced the Ghouls.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Kokoro Wish posted:

One of the Community people did it from a home stream recently, in fact. Took under an hour to get 3 I think.

Souplesse posted:

I want to watch the devs capture 3 Common Avichaea and see how long it takes.

I flew circles around the edge of Deimos and caught like 6 after 30 minutes of flying, in addition to a bunch of vulps and preds.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Night10194 posted:

Ooof. That is No Good.

He's supposedly responsible for the Necraloid entries, which are some of the best pieces of writing from Warframe in recent history IMO.

40k has a fuckton of writers, which means any of their entries will vary wildly in quality. IDK what this dude's pedigree is, but if they're on the level of the Necraloid stuff I hope his does more in that vein.

Like drat, this is amazing gothic/Lovecraftian horror.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es8uOniZzZI

skaianDestiny fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Oct 31, 2020

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

slow_twitch posted:

The convectrix vid is pretty cool but.. why bother when you can do a lot more damage with any half decent melee..

What's the point in using anything else in that case? To have fun.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

gaj70 posted:

How do I get the loaner? So far, I've just farted around in spoiler mode.

The loaners are strewn around the level itself. Just press 5 while in spoiler mode near it to get in.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
FOMO only applies if there's no way to get something ever again.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
So what specifically changed on Deimos after the Deimos Arcana update? Hadn't played any missions there since the update.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Roman posted:

I had played a lot on PC and had done Second Dream, but messed around on Xbox today and after one of the Earth missions I was orbiting next to the bolted together broken Moon. Like, uh, isn't a new character NOT supposed to see that? lol

It doesn't appear until you do the thing.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Kesper North posted:

After not having played Ember since before her rework, I tried her out last weekend and :catstare:

New Ember is way better than old Ember. Anyone who says otherwise is just salty they can't just press 4 and bullet jump through early missions anymore.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Screaming Idiot posted:

I love Ticker so much. She is the best girl and I'm glad she got a holiday (and a floof!) of her own.

:same:

Ticker the best.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
How do you mod/use Lavos?

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
https://undergroundwubwubmaster.tumblr.com/post/641762914281357312/stonks-tenno

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
I found Railjack fun whenever I played, the main issue is having a reason to play it. Integrating it into the main feedback loop is a good idea.

Screaming Idiot posted:

Or just scrap the whole thing and give us new on-foot missions using that cool-rear end Sentient tileset that's basically going to waste in a game mode that is only grudgingly engaged with by most of the player base. Let Railjack join Defection in Warframe Badgame Purgatory as yet another example of a bold experiment that crashed and burned because SOME rear end in a top hat REFINED THE RESOURCES AND NOW WE CAN'T MAKE ANY loving OMNI JUICE.
lol

Mailer posted:

Something I didn't think about earlier is missiles and dome charges being a player-base thing, which removes the need for a forge monkey but means the pilot and artillery (the same person, in a lot of cases) is going to be making a hell of a lot of trips to the forge. At this point just remove the forge and have enemies drops replenish ammo/revolite.

Crafting stuff in the forge will still refill everyone's stuff.

quote:

In a pinch, crafting more ammo in the cargo hold will replenish the stockpiles of all Tenno aboard, so dedicated Engineers can still make a huge impact on gameplay. It’s the best of all worlds!

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Prop Wash posted:

Come play the new Railjack, the Kuva Liches you've converted can be used as crewmembers!*

*But only once you've leveled up your Command to 8**
**and even then they're apparently only good at defending your railjack and don't understand the basics of "use big gun to shoot ship" despite being played up as like criminal masterminds or some poo poo, so they're kind of worse across the board than the crewmembers you were able to hire at Command level 3

And that's all we need them to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Sample_text posted:

So Xaku is junk right?

I saw the crafting requirements for his systems and I'm like "NOPE" and considered buying him with plat, but everyone tells me he's trash tier, and weirdly, really janky.
Like, he has a ton of unfinished assets and glitchy sound effects.

Xaku is referred to with they/them, just a heads up.

Also I found them to be pretty fun. Their gameplay essentially boils down to "add some extra void damage to all your weapons, steal everyone's guns (which scale to enemy level meaning they'll always be relevant), and run around naked (with a very high damage reduction/dodge which also pauses your ability timers)". It's a bit to get used to but I found them enjoyable to play.