Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

And Tyler Too! posted:

Zephyr is a gun platform. Get the Jet Stream augment for her 3 ability, it provides a massive boost to movement speed and projectile speed. Her 1 is useful until you can build an archwing launcher for plains/vallis, 2 is worthless, 4 is for chessing dargryn pilot rivens.

Dargyn pilot rivens? Get a mesa, cmon.
Zephyr can be useful as a speedrunner almost as fast as a Nova, duration build is godlike and beats pre-nerf Itzal in open world. Hell, 300 meters of 100 m/s flight per button tap!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Helter Skelter posted:

Okay, sure, but Mesa can only take pilots out of the air, she can't put them there.

You hop into archwing, you fly forward till you find dargyns on patrol, you press E when you see them and aim at their general direction, you press 4 almost immediately after E, you hold your LMC for 1 second, you get riven notification, you land. Archwing back to cetus. Why bother with something else?

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Phobophilia posted:

Sometimes that riven has an extra condition like "when sliding" that isn't compatible with Mesa.

Also sometimes the Dargyn pilot gets shot straight out of their seat and that doesn't count.

The sliding one counts as done if you dont release ctrl and mesa still moves in her 4. There are other, more lovely challenges like the bow one. Bring a mag.
Anyway the whole point is that zephyr is still useable albeit there are always a better and more suitable wf to do the job.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5OwdMSL1b0&t=147s

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A few thousands videos on youtube can help any tenno with half a brain and at least 3 fingers make Uranus a cozy and good place to farm any mission.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

The Jumpoff posted:

But then i would have to watch youtubers who think they are funny but aren't, or even worse, make "ironic jokes" that are just thinly veiled racist stereotypes but applied to Warframe

Although if you do have suggestions that avoid the above issues, i'd like to hear about them.

I also did my first Railjack mission and it went...extremely smoothly? No bugs, no softlocks or crashes, i was able to board a galleon and exit and reboard the railjack with zero hitches. I think i've settled on either wanting to play engineer/side gunner, or do archwing dogfights/galleon boarding. I don't feel confident enough to make piloting decisions.

Nezha is a trap but... yeah there are some wf vod makers who just type info on screen, no bullshit or edgy poo poo. Im honestly too lazy to find them because they are really obscure. Kids like edgy shite.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB5cEeLI6Y4 this one is okay-ish for the info.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Mailer posted:

No idea what the Switch multiplayer scene is like, but on PC I soloed almost the entire starchart because I didn't realize it placed me in Oceania and the roughly five people who play the game in that region don't play the same content. If you're in a non-US region and it seems like no one plays, it might be worth switching to North America.

Adding onto that. Each 'country' server has additional language branches. If you have your language set to whatever but the locale to NA or EU, you will get only your set language part of the locale.
Found that out the hard way, thought the game was ded first planets while playing in my travels.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Truga posted:

which is funny, because the best hyldrin build has less than 300 total shield

wat.

Show me that please.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Mesadoram posted:

Has anyone used Khora recently? I am hitting for stupidly high numbers with my whip, like even more so than before.

It depends on your melee mods afair, so...melee 3.0 should have affected it. Try different melee weapons.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Screaming Idiot posted:

Now I gotta make a Saints-inspired Octavia and find a weapon close to the Dubstep Gun.

Machinegun build Opticor vandal. Would pair nice with opera buff. I had one back in the day when I used to main The Maestra.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Unperson_47 posted:

Don't forget to add a dodge roll in with your bullet jumps. Good for changing direction and gaining speed.

Also always hit crouch when you hit the ground. If you plant your feet, you done hosed up.

Angry Rhino noises

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Wukong's iron staff still has it (had as of november*)

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Kokoro Wish posted:

I kind of loving hate Nezha's reduced friction. It makes him really sloppy to control, even under the most normal of circumstances.

I hated it too when leveling. Then I saw a Nezha who was clearing hydron 3 times faster than my-then-main, fully minmaxed Octavia. Thats when I woke up from my dumb '1 3 4 crouch in stealth' playstyle and embraced speed. Took me an hour to get used to Nezha but then theres no way back.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Unperson_47 posted:

Those are all grotesque and beautiful but there was one that was shiny golden and the screenshot was a closeup of their face.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Guilty posted:

Theres some ephemera that requires 50 ruk's claw, so gently caress that. I assume that there's other cosmetics that requires it

Ruks claw is so abundant that you can come out with at least 5 during a standard assassination or extermination mission.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Next in Baro shop - Prime Excalibur for only 4995 Ducats
PREORDER NOW AT YOUR LOCAL DUCAT KIOSK!

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

PExcal glyph is a neat way to flex on people

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Unperson_47 posted:

I cannot even imagine the days when Ghoul Purges was the only way to get Nitain.

Wut?

What about the dreaded alerts? 5 nitain per 24hrs. Randomly. I had to install WF app on my phone to get alert notifications so I can login and craft then-bad Booban.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Antigravitas posted:

Nightwave started with fun activities like "do 60 minutes of survival" and no way of catching up to missed challenges, FWIW.

The max was 30 mins and yeah its okay when you have relics to open.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Antigravitas posted:

No, it was 60 minutes of Kuva Survival.

Missed this one then. I don't like doing kuva stuff, not with kuva in the NW shop.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

whats shield gating?

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Iretep posted:

if your shields get depleted, your get small invulnerability time. hildryn has it as a passive and can give it to others with her 3.

Thanks. As a hildryn main I was unsure whats all the fuss about :v:

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

McKilligan posted:

How does mod melting work? Do you have a better chance at rate mods if you only combine 4 gold mods?

Yes.
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Transmutation there is a good table there

Also a good source of archwinggun mods.
Best way I found to use it is after running lots of index. You get a lot of almost useless golden mods and some good credits to burn

ps
re:jordas golem
Basic (common mods) odonata with basic imperator does jordas in 8 minutes solo. I did over 25 runs before giving up and buying rare mods off market to finish mission in less than 3 minutes, so if anyone is up for poopsocking Jordas I'd suggest running index instead and doing transmutation for archgun mods. Saves a lot of time and gives good mods that are going to be useful later.

Erulisse fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Mar 14, 2020

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

McKilligan posted:

Just ran into a MR 19 player trying to buy a tipedo handle in the market who didn't know what Rivens were and hadn't completed The Second Dream/WW yet.

Helped him grab an excilus mod from Lua and pointed him in the right direction.

Gotta love those hydron warriors who never touch any of the mid or late game and say that theres content draught

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

get
the gently caress
out

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

And Tyler Too! posted:

3. A Warframe themed around being lovely? But we already have Ash, Nyx, Garuda

Lol, lmao, rofl

gitgud.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

RoadCrewWorker posted:

If you got an official source or actual significant dataset for that besides various hearsay anecdotes i'd love to see it, because after over a year of hearing this rumor none of my 75%ers were even close to my breaks.

My personal theory is that it's probably a flat 1% chance and a tremendous mountain of perception bias, but i guess people trying varying raindances is harmless enough.

~250 logins, didn't actually play since the first railjack patch except for baro. Every baro 'login' since then is a 75% discount.
Do have platinum purchases history.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

DisposableHero posted:

Spoilermode still feels like an afterthought at the point I'm at. Aside from popping into it occassionally for Sentients I haven't developed any reflexes for using it to address whatever it is it's supposed to address... If that makes sense.

Energy dash is the most used thing in OP mode. 5-void dash-5. Its on reflex level when you are out of energy for most of mid to endgame players

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Conclave is fun btw, also it is populated
At least in EUTZ

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Tallgeese posted:

I have literally everything in Conclave, and bailed on the mode the minute I got it all and maxed the syndicate reputation bar.

I can state with absolute authority that the quote above is a total lie.

To put this in perspective, I could make 100+ plat a day by simply earning 25k Conclave rep, and I refuse to do it. That is how bad Conclave is.

Suddenly fun is subjective

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

I ram things and run gauss with 194% str.

2->4->1...1...1...1
Drag a group closer with 3 and ram again. drat its so fun!

Also, as WF dragged me back again with new NW, I would

build advices :D

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Mesadoram posted:

Gotta try that build later. I think I got one or two in Gauss already, dropped off of using him because I felt like Volt was like an easier to use version of Gauss.

:allears:

But yeah same here, the Kuva Khom looks like a fantastic auto-shotty.

Gauss is the GOTTA GO FAST solution for sloppy bad-aim idiots who can't play speed volt properly.
You don't evade walls and obstacles, you hit them at the most straight angle possible :D
Not fast, not op in any way or sense but immensely fun in a proper tileset.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Finally, 46 missions later the bramma lich spawned! Moreso he spawned with a 26% toxin bramma!

re:wisp
Been getting good results with this https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/697511686260654181/712047443604406282/unknown.png and range+str for a will-o-wisp surge dps build. Its a strange one but does give some cool results like 5 million damage crits from surge itself

Erulisse fucked around with this message at 23:18 on May 18, 2020

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

What wait there are really people who unironically remove one third of nezha's fun?
Fourth if counting his thicc butt

ps
whats that website with wf builds?

Erulisse fucked around with this message at 19:45 on May 20, 2020

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

slow_twitch posted:

finally, thank god -- I will be able to display enemies on the minimap with Saryn

Why do you need constant blinking on your map?

Preechr posted:

People play without the full map open at all times?

Judging by how pubbies 'read' the map, most of people do :(

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

I can't test myself for some time now, but can anyone look and confirm please (or maybe tested themselves) if Harrow's 4 protects the arbitration defence target (arbitration operative) too?

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Y'all talking NPE but do you remember seeing market/arsenal for first time and realizing that all prices are in plat? It takes serious time (comparing to other games) for a newbie to understand how the stuff is acquired.
Quite a few dropouts told me 'gently caress that p2p game with only premium currency'.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

re:market
yes, buying askari removal blueprint off market with credits would be far more useful and retention-wise good than current system.

re:umbral
I still have umbral forma(s?) bc back in the day it seemed better to be versatile and just have all umbral mods at 14 cap and use them whenever it fits the loadout

versatility above all! that leads to owning several copies of all mods at several stages of cap, but is really useful to build dumb fun fits

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

gaj70 posted:

Growing Power?

Growing Power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Counter counter point - trin can stab that EVed enemy to death with that melee weapon.