Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
The lazy sentinel should be taking all the goddamn pokemon ranger pictures. I have real work to do like wearing pretty scarves and punching butts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

Improbable Lobster posted:

Alad V seems really, really talkative.

I wonder if "Zanuka" is some hilarious play on words because he really likes saying it.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

a glorious hole posted:

Anyone on PC mind throwing out a couple weapon names of ones that are good in Damage 2.0? about to start the cycle of farming up more weapons again and I'd like some that didn't get hit too hard for when PS4 gets the update.

Soma, ignis, brakk, galatine, flux, synapse, hek, sobek, ogris.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

Kortel posted:

Trinity any fun to use? I like the idea of a support warframe but I'm on the fence about trying to grind out for it. Tied between Ember, Trinity or Banshee right now for first grind out but I'm not to the required boss yet to harvest for sweet sweet parts.

Playing Trinity is literally using a god mode hack. For your whole team. Takes a few forma and some fancy mods to get to that point though.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

Crowbear posted:

I just got my Trinity to 30 and moved on from it yesterday. I enjoyed it a bunch and it definitely seemed like it could be really useful in certain situations, but it never felt super powerful.

How do I ascend to Trinity Godhood?

This is what I did. You can do other stuff like ditch the health/shields mods for whatever else you like, or maybe ditch streamline for energy vampire or whatever. Narrow minded really does a number on energy vampire though. You can also jam fleeting expertise in there and go for 25 energy 14ish second duration blessings.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

bald and fail II posted:

So is there no point in slotting focus on trinity? Just duration and power amount mods?

Focus does nothing at all for link and bless. It does do something for well of life, but bless makes well of life obsolete. It does quite a bit for energy vampire, but all the other mods make energy vampire function very ineffectively. It's range gets cut down to nothing, and the extended duration bungles the energy per tick.

Basically you trade two skills that don't have a big impact and are fiddly and unreliable to use, for absolute immunity to everything the game can throw at you.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

amuayse posted:

I heard that Super Jump gets a bad rap? Why? I'm having lots of fun getting insane amounts of distance and height using the super flying kick. It makes you almost as fast as Loki.

Because you have the choice of a) killing things better b)jumping around like a moron. B is a pretty valid choice, but A is pretty good too.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

Dilkington posted:

I've cleared a pending public clan invite since my last post.
I would still like a PSN invite please. ID is: cye_washington

Incidentally, I've built up a cache of fusion cores- are there any mods in particular I should concentrate on upgrading?

Multi shots and your main +damage skills. Serration, hornet strike, and point blank specifically. Getting hornet and serration past 7ish is super expensive and time consuming. Point blank is pretty easy and cheap.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

Cowcaster posted:

Hahaha, they don't even get a damage or health buff when resurrected, regardless of whether the AI works or not? That's awful. It's literally "lovely Chaos".

Enemies do hilariously poo poo damage compared to a player, but players are so squishy it's hard to tell with no reference point. Walking up to a level 70 fusion moa and hitting link as trinity is pretty funny. It takes it a full minute to kill itself, but would down even the most tanky Rhino in seconds. Then you go into pvp and kill another player in one shot with literally anything assuming you have some half leveled mods in the gun.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
Bosses need to move around and do stuff. While not being invulnerable 99% of the time. Warframes are fast and super maneuverable, there is really no reason why we shouldn't be constantly dodging missile barrages and volleys of laser spam while being beset by waves of regular trash enemies. All the good warframes can deal with that poo poo, and all the bad ones should be buffed so they can too. I should want to fight bosses.

Defense/survival/mobdef are fun because you are usually in for a good fight, and get rewarded well for your efforts. Right now boss fights involve diddling around a mostly empty level, shooting at a fat nonthreatening sack of hp for 5 minutes while it flails around its lovely arena. Then you get a slash dash mod and some alloy plate rather than anything worth while. And another ember systems to go on your pile of 40 fuckin systems.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
Game reviewers are either bad at video games, biased as gently caress, liars, or all of the above.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
I don't know what the hell is up with the devs. "OK GUYS WERE GONNA GET RID OF RAINBOW BUILDS AND MAKE ARMOR NOT A BIG DEAL ANYMORE". *Makes rainbow builds even better, armor unchanged*. "BUT LOOK AT HOW NEAT AND SHINY EVERYTHING IS". I just don't see how they can have a clear cut goal, then miss the gently caress out of it.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

chumbler posted:

I harp on this a lot, but it's really becoming apparent to me that a good portion of DE's developers don't seem to actually play the game.

I'm starting to think all the decisions are coming down to 2-3 guys that absolutely MUST have their vision of whatever fulfilled regardless of it's actual impact on the game. With no one in a position to effectively call them on it. That's the only way I can see some of this dumb poo poo that makes no real sense sneaking in when it's obviously a bad idea to everyone in the community who can see whatever sneak previews they give us.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

Haerc posted:

So, after getting back into the game after 4+ months off (I think update 9 had just came out) what weapons/frames should I be working towards?

I've got Ash, Excalibur and Rhino ATM, with a bunch of different weapons... Are Heks still suffering from over-nerf?

Hek hits really loving hard now. All shotguns sort of do. As far as frames go you should get in on Nova and Trinity. Nova just nukes the entire map over and over while heavily debuffing enemies, and Trinity can give your team perma invulnerability. Ignis is arguably the best weapon in the game so build/forma one of those.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

chumbler posted:

Except the infested aren't fun. They're just trivially easy to mow down with zero challenge.

That's every faction once you bootstrap yourself out of being a space poor. :smaug:

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
How to beat infested: Stand on a box that is taller than they are. Some of them will try to come up there and get you, but most will just stand around and get shot.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

Echophonic posted:

I know! What the hell? I try to get the most gnarly monster I can (toxic ancient, minigunner, etc) and they just get murdered straight up while other monsters kill that player.

Does kind of seem like I need to pick whether I want to juice up Absorb or Chaos/Mind Control. Thanks for the input everyone!

At least people get on the train with the Vauban's "these are cool for now, murder them once everything else is dead." Also, it gets people's attention because my energy on the Vauban is hot pink. :sparkles:

So far I've run a Excalibur (didn't really like it), a Rhino (:hellyeah: Rhino), a Vauban (:science: fantastic), and a Nyx (neat, but not amazing). What's a good next frame to mix it up? I was looking at the Nova, it looks really neat. I think a bit burst damage character would do the job, but I'm open to suggestions.

Minigunners actually do really lovely damage. They aren't much of a threat. Easiest way to check enemy damage is to isolate an enemy as Trinity and use link/bless and let them shoot themselves a bunch. Mid level minigunners hit for like 8/shot, and though they shoot pretty fast it's not a whole lot. Same with fusion moa's. The guys you really want to mind control are corpus elite crewmen and techs. Those guys really put the pain out. Grineer napalms/bombards/scorches are the real prizes. Ancients are pretty much the best you can hope for, everything else is too squishy.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
Problems with melee:

No multishot.
You are standing next to 3 disrupters and a toxic, why the gently caress would you do that jesus christ?

There are a lot of work arounds to the second problem. Be Rhino, have a trinity spamming bless. Perma invis. No way to get around the first. They should just jack up the damage on melee weapons by a huge amount, but make normal enemies hella punish trying to melee them. Tune them so they are really good against bosses, but kinda worthless for regular mobs. Guns are already kind of useless against most bosses because they spend 90% of the time invulnerable, so they are already 1/3rd of the way into this idea.

Harrower fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Dec 16, 2013

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
Why being a new player sucks and is borderline unplayable:

Maybe you get a fast (under 3 hours of game time) serration/point blank/hornet strike, and maybe you don't.

That's pretty much it. There isn't really a good reason why they don't hand you those three mods in the first couple missions.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
Am I missing anything by skipping this event? Work is super busy right now and I haven't really had time for space ninjitsu.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

Male Man posted:

Wraith Twin Vipers and a couple mods you'll probably be able to get from Nightmare. If you really want the guns you find a little time in the next two weeks, buy antitoxin on the trade channel, and get the top reward in a single 30-minute mission.

Wraith twin vipers would be nice, but :effort:

Thanks for the replies.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
Warframes themselves are easier to farm than ever right now. I probably spent 40+ runs trying to farm Saryn months ago. Only ended up with 2/3 pieces. Most of the time the boss didn't drop a blue print at all. Farmed up volt, valkyr, nyx, and most of an ember in like an hour just this past week.

Never, ever buy a warframe. Except maybe banshee/vaubaun because gently caress the mechanics for getting those. Even Necros isn't too bad, though I could see getting a huge unlucky streak and getting frustrated over it.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
The flux is viable, just not the shining star it used to be. It out ranges the synapse, and in my opinion is the more fun weapon to use. The synapse crushes pretty much everything in pure damage though, and the soma/ignis just flat out do more damage than the flux while outclassing it in other ways too. Soma has the range, while the ignis clears rooms. It's still fun and I dust mine off from time to time to shoot space mens. Always go Serration and multi shot, always. After that slap on a heavy caliber and the usual elemental mods.

They should really buff the range on it, and shift some of it's damage over to piercing. Maybe bump the status chance too.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

Hog Butcher posted:

I have enough credits to swim around in them like Scrooge McDuck from all the invasions and there is no amount of common cores that will even make a dent in even my level 4 Serration.

And I don't have mountains of common cores, anyway. I'm kind of tempted to farm up Necros and find an Infested defense to galatine/desecrate on.

It's just feeding in pages and pages of cores. Maybe some V polarity cards would be ok, but everyone just shovels in hundreds of cores.

edit- There is no trick to farming them. Just run survival/mob defense and try to kill the mobs faster than they spawn. This will involve everyone pressing 4 (and in mags case 1 and 2 for corpus) as hard as possible rather than using that lovely skana or plinking away with aklatos.

Harrower fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Dec 29, 2013

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

Fuzz posted:

Would it be stupid to Forma my Ash's Aura slot into a Bar instead of a V? I kinda wanna roll with Energy Siphon on him, and the added affinity would be nice. Both of the V Auras seem to be... well, poo poo.

Rifle amp is decent. If you are doing a melee ash, steel charge is also really fun for BIG NUMBERS. Energy siphon is pretty much the only aura really worth two shits though.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

nacon posted:

Good god I hate you. I had to run Jackal 25 times to get all the Nova parts.

I'm surprised you got any Nova parts at all out of Jackal. You should probably submit a bug report.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

zgrowler2 posted:

So is there any reason to watch or care about this upcoming "Prime Time" thing mentioned on FB? Is this their normal livestream or something else?

It's DERebecca and DEMegan sitting around playing the game while having an hour long chat about warframe. They go over whatever events/updates are currently up, talk about stuff going on in the office, and do some giveaways and other community stuff.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

SlayVus posted:

I wonder if there is any correlation between whether a developer is a bad gamer(can't play games well) and the enjoyment of their game by others.

World of Warcraft and League of Legends bear that theory out pretty well. Rebecca and Megan aren't developers though, they handle the community side of things. Gonna need to bring the lead programmers in for a T3 defense in order to judge their skills appropriately.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
It's not a flak cannon :negative:, it's some sort of flechette thrower. Which is still cool but flak would be way sweeter but I guess using google these days is hard.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
Serration and multi shot should just be rolled into the weapons base damage. As it levels up it just deals more damage. Then we can focus on elemental damage, crit, and all the attack rate/status/reload/extra ammo mods.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

Nordick posted:

I dread the moment when I wander back to Mass Effect 3 MP after having gotten used to Warframe's mobility. I expect it to be terrifically embarrassing.

The controls feel clunky and unresponsive as poo poo. The fact that your movement options are so limited doesn't even factor in to how bad it feels.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
I don't know why developers have such a hard on for random systems. There is zero reason to use them when a point/token system works just as well. Hell just add in a slot machine that lets you gamble away all your points for those die hards that can't let that poo poo go.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXv6--6u4qI&t=169s

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
Are dakra prime pieces tradable now? I need that fucker.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
The best way way to fix the early game would be to add some sort of story/quest line which forces a bunch of required poo poo down your throat. By the end of it you should have a multishot for pistols/rifles/shotguns, +base damage for pistols/rifles/shotguns, two weapon potatoes and a frame potato cooking in the foundry, an aura mod matching the polarity of your starter frames aura slot, and the sprint mod. Get rid of the loving braton mk-1 as well. It's useless trash that some one might potato/forma thinking it isn't useless trash.

I recently dragged a buddy of mine through the early game, and as far as I could tell he had a lot of fun because he wasn't a space poor for like a month. I just gave him a bunch of basic mods. warned him of a few pitfalls, and his experience was much better for it. Zero reason the game couldn't do that itself.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
Roll the damage bonus of maxxed out serration and multishot into the base damage of every single gun. Stagger it based on the guns level (so like every two levels would be 1 pip of the mods level). This has a huge amount of benefits, and nearly no downsides. Makes two mod slots wide open for more interesting mods. Makes new players not completely gimped by not getting these mods for weeks. Makes the first 10-15 levels of leveling uncatalyzed new weapons not so incredibly painful.

The only downside would be morons who think getting these mods to 15 was some sort of accomplishment that mattered for gently caress all. gently caress those guys in all honesty though.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
My predictions for PVP: Everyone will run around with explosive damage ignis's shitblasting eachother right off the map, straight into the dumpster. Everything else will be really worthless.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
Is the Ignis still the top dog in pvp? Blasting entire rooms with bullshit that penetrates most cover while doing comparable damage to everything but Soma tier weapons was largely unfair.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

Pierson posted:

Give us a Warframe that has this as it's ultimate and I'll play forever.

No this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZWzf3h50LU&t=70s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
Not pictured: 30000 shield capacity because the mods stacked multiplicatively. Also not pictured: bosses and normal enemies tearing through that much in about 3 seconds.