Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

I felt like a ninja, and my kung-fu was strong.

I killed him since U11 once. It was a Nova with Quick Thinking / Rage, so technically, he killed me about a hundred times while the other three guys dumped ammo into him, but I still think cheesing QT/Rage counts as a win....right? ...right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

Minutes left on this:

WarframeAlerts ‏@WarframeAlerts 1h

Kokabiel (Europa): Defeat Enemy Defense Forces - 77m - 8600cr - Quantum Nova Helmet (Blueprint)

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

chumbler posted:

I formaed the drat thing. Do I win?

While I've formaed most frames at least once, Nekros is my most-formaed frame. If someone enjoys self-punishment, I am going to the front of the list. Me and my infinite desecration station.

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

My Nekros desecrates all the corpses in the yard.
And I'm like,
It's better than yours.
drat right, it's better than yours.
I can poopsock,
But I have to charge.

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

Hey, if it's the RNG hate-a-thon, I'm willing to kill someone's firstborn for a glaive prime blade. T1, T2, T3 survival, it doesn't matter, I can get shafted anywhere. Enough parts to make like 10 mag primes and 10 latron primes though!

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

Cyath - Eris also dumps 20-40 of them, much like Kappa.

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

At no point is a skill that pushes AI to go hide good in a game in which you want to kill things by getting a clear shot at them as they bunch up a good thing. Too many abilities and weapons benefit from spraying down mobs at close range to think "hey, let's have them scatter" is a good idea.

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

Ajax posted:

FWIW Desecrate currently works on the Harvester.

Jesus christ this needs to be in the OP. I mean, I have the Detron, but talk about a sweet opportunity.

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

Joining Void level 3 extraction and capture maps (T3E and T3Cap) are always lucrative.

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

Gallium also appears frequently in the Orokin Void, most deliciously in T3Surv, no?

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

Dread so owns now. The only big complaint that I have is that Heavy Caliber gives a noticeable drift in accuracy and I am a whiny baby that likes my sniper shots to go where I aim.

edit: Also a good "shoot fullcharge instantly" build doesn't have room for Thunderbolt :saddowns:

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

Treat MobDef targets like a goddamned Olympic podium and keep your rear end on there all the time, no exceptions. Yell at or berate pubs until they learn. Intentionally let the mission fail if they're loving around. Let the pubbies burn.

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

The reality is that almost no frame has a solid set of four useful skills. Run a frame through a few levels, trying out the different skills. The wiki and/or forums are great for general advice, but everyone has preferences (for example, I always run Absorb on Nyx, Null Star on Nova, Terrify on Nekros, and Vortex over Bastille on Vauban) that seem to be suboptimal or "wrong," and it's best to find out what abilities you prefer rather than copy a cookie-cutter recipe for every frame.

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

I sell basic weapons when I have the primed/vandal/wraith/ak version, and I sell melee weapons when I'm done with them.

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

Speaking of frame powers, if they made Zephyr's dive bomb work so that it gave a stun duration (ala Rhino's Stomp) proportional to the height from which it is launched, I think that I would legit enjoy and slot each and every power on Zephyr unironically.

The only other frame that I can say that about is Loki.

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

Moult is useful and shouldn't ever be discounted. Yeah, Wormhole allows you to pretend that you're Nightcrawler, but Saryn is hardly useless.

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

WarframeAlerts ‏@WarframeAlerts 2m

Nix (Pluto): Supply Depot Located - 88m - 11800cr - Vauban Helmet (Blueprint)
Collapse

PC :siren:

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

Warframe Utility is my preferred app-of-choice for warframe. It even has a foundry crafting notification system (buggy, and not in-game integrated) and a time wasting Cipher minigame! :toot:

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

So, what I do have is a redemption code for 75 plat. What I don't have is the time / ability to grind out a gajillion void missions to get Rhino Prime. Anyone want to trade their 3 subsystems (I don't need the overall BP) for a 75 plat code? It's from Alienware, so fair warning - if you have already redeemed one from them, you can't redeem another.

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

Aenslaed posted:

Hate to burst your bubble but the chassis can easily be sold for more than the 75p seeing as the plat value is tied to the cost of prime access. The whales in trade chat will pay over 100p for the chassis which is rare in and of itself. If a goon wants to sell it for 75p, lucky you, but just saying that they can easily make double what you are offering in trade chat.

Holy poo poo, I seriously had no idea. Well, time to pencil some grind time in for later this week!

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

When it comes down to it, unless it is resources in my personal stash, or some new tech that is exclusive to rail-owners, the clan/alliance getting a few extra credits in their coffers is meaningless.

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

McGiggins posted:

Do we really need ninja dogs?

I'd be more than happy keeping one of the many hacked moas I run with as a pet. I even named him Gary.

Sometimes I have many troubles keeping the Gary Horde alive, and it breaks my heart every time I leave one at an elevator.

Always get a real strong "Go! I'll hold them off!" feeling from it.

There but for the grace of god goes Gary. :australia:

This is awesome.

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

Solo protier Loki with a nikana trivializes 9-point event runs on Neptune, but god it feels like putting in an extra shift at work.

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

I'm less disappointed considering that my loki runs dropped the rare hammer stance.

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

wid posted:

Depends. If you got goons dropping mods on you when you started, then Loki and Mag are better. But if you're solo with zero mods starting out, Excalibur is the less painful option. Especially since Skana is now the only decent weapon until you can buy a Braton.

I'm pretty sure that even modless, Invisibility or Pull outclass Barkleyframe.

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

Mistikman posted:

They just unpinned the 13.6.1 patch notes, so new patch is probably imminent.

I am actually kind of interested in giving T4 keys a whirl, one of the most boring aspects of the game is how little challenge exists once you are mastery 10+.

Unless they have made new npcs and ai behaviour (lol nope), T4 missions are going to be tedious slogs, not exciting new content.

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

Well, PVP sounds like such a trainwreck, I logged in for the first time in weeks just to prep up a Nyx, Mag Prime, Ember Prime, and Trinity Build (and an ogris, obviously).

Should be horrific!

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

Really, given that the game is based on grinding, I should be able to type in a search filter like "Neural Sensors," and a matchmaking tab showing unfilled and joinable squads meeting those criteria should be displayed. UI14 has me spending more time painfully spinning stupid little lovely planets and less time actually playing the game.

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

So Warframe is a pretty cool game guys and Mirage is pretty well playtested.

(not shown: the other 150 prisms bouncing around causing everyone to drop to single digit framerates)

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

LornMarkus posted:

but gently caress if it doesn't give me an existential crisis if I play it for more than a few hours these days.

Oh thank god, I thought I was the only one.

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

A) They should proofread the spelling on their pretty images
B) I never realized that T4 isn't the "top-tier" endgame. I never would have described Orokin Derelict as more of a challenge :shrug:

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

Loki+Switch Teleport, Volt+speedrush, or Nova+Wormhole all do fine with hobbled. Or hell, just helicopter through the world.

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

Seriously Delphi, as long as we aren't deleting each other's space art poo poo, why the gently caress would you care if someone put a couple Buddhas on the ceiling?

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

Pretty sure that I threw mine out. What the gently caress was I supposed to use it for? Never getting laid?

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

Survival has a few factors going for it. Generally popping immediately at 70% is bad for a few reasons:

1) If there's lag, it might be +/- ~5%
2) If you pop it at the same time as someone else, or even as they pick up an O2 enemy drop, you're wasting some fraction of it.

Counter to that, hoarding canisters isn't good either, because a maximum number of them can spawn before they won't be created, so despite being able to go to 10-15 minutes with a nekros magic find party not touching them, it's hardly optimal. My rule of thumb is "Pop ~60%, always pop 6th canister immediately, and always call it out so people don't simultaneously pop".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

Malachite_Dragon posted:

This one is just *ever so slightly* too big; filesize limit is 100kb, it's 104. :( I'd PM you about it but you apparently don't have it. I'd edit it myself but I don't actually know how to edit gifs without breaking them; still images, yes, gifs no.