Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
So if I'm doing one of these, "The enemy are bringing in tougher guys, do you want to stay and fight or extract now?" missions and I choose to fight, then lose, do I lose all my rewards? Currently I stay until I have to revive once, but I'd stay longer if I'm not putting all the rewards at risk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

What's the best key to rebind crouch to in this game? Left CTRL seems kinda horrid.

Or is this one of those "Just get used to it, it feels fine in time" things?

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

I've played many obtuse video games, but this is the first to involve kinetic sculpture management as an advancement mechanic

ps invite me to clan

Edit: thanks

Gort fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Jul 15, 2018

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

I completed the objectives of a defection mission and hopped on a turret to rack up what I thought would be easy affinity. After about 21 minutes into the mission, it just failed out of nowhere. What could have caused that?

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

I thought they were safe after they'd been rescued.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

What's the fastest way for a new player to get a new frame? I've been in my starting Excalibur for ages. I've got lots of pieces of other frames, but haven't completed one yet. Should I just farm the dozen-or-so relics I've found?

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Earl of Lavender posted:

Have you joined up with the goon clan? You can pick up all the parts at the dojo for Volt, Mag, and a couple of others.

You mean the blueprints from the research consoles?

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

What's the best way to get orokin catalysts?

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

I finally ground my way to Scattered Justice for the Hek and now everything I click on dies

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

necrobobsledder posted:

The only time I don’t run CP is for Spy missions. That’s literally it. It’s better to lose 10 mod energy over use of the wrong polarity aura than to not use CP. The assholes using Steel Charge to fit Umbral mods can go gently caress off and stay in the Simulacrum.

i have 135 hours in this game and understand none of this post

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

What's a good setup for fighting Sentient enemies? I've been just shooting them over and over with my Hek and it just takes so many shots to kill them it's unfun. Should I be doing something like fire Hek primary, electric pistol secondary, cold sword melee? Or is there a better way?

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Is there a good source of info out there that gives a brief, simple explanation of what all the weapons and frames actually do? "Wukong is a deadly trickster" doesn't really tell me much that's useful, game.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

If you're having trouble finishing the starmap you need to Hek and Rhino harder.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

So, what's the best way to do the new Fortuna content? I haven't really been following it.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

My problem in this game is that I feel like I should be levelling up other warframes and weapons all the time.

But going from a Rhino and an Arca Plasmor each with multiple formas and 60+ points of mods in them to Level 0 Titania with a Level 0 Gorgon is just such piss.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

sushibandit posted:

Edit:
Also, anyone in AKGOON who hasn't participated in the ascension ceremony - particularly newer players - get your asses to the dojo ASAP and use the glowy thing to get a bunch of endo. I just got 45k.

Wait, the what? I'm in GOON so it might not apply, but I'll take the risk for 45,000 endo - that's a silly amount. Maybe I can leave GOON and join AKGOON and then come back.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

ughhhh posted:

The Amazon prime trinity get a potato by default right? Makes her great for invulnerable solo play and really useful during the later on endolon hunts too. Also the vectors prime you get from that pack is drat good gun.

Do not, my friend, become addicted to potatoes. They will take a hold of you, and you will resent their absence.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Is there a list of good guns and how to build them somewhere? Being able to cross-reference by frame would be cool too.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

RoadCrewWorker posted:

I'm actually looking forward to the Jodas Quest now instead of dreading it for weeks.

I did the Jordas Golem quest a few times yesterday with my Fluctus to get the Atlas frame. It's no fun, you just shoot a blob in the butt for about ten minutes solid.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Synthbuttrange posted:

The Fluctus works really poorly on the Golem, each bullet just hitting it once. Bring a rapid fire weapon

It was also A Piss Fight when I brought the Imperator, but admittedly my mods were worse then.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

I feel like I've done pretty much everything in this game. Got an archwing, done all the quests, maxed out a bunch of frames and weapons...

But I've barely touched (do not read unless you've done all the quests) operator mode. I've got a level 15 mote amp and I guess I need to gain rank with the quills, but apparently the best way to do that is eidolon missions, and they're the kind of content people say to read up on before you do it. Where's a good guide for operator stuff and eidolon missions?

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

ughhhh posted:

if you do alot of index, you will end up with alot of credits and golden mods. If you transmute them you will have a pretty good chance to get another gold mod, which if you are a new player means you will end up with something rare and useful you dont have.

I had nothing but failure with transmutation, and I did it a lot. However, I recognise that it's a luck-based system so maybe I just had bad luck with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

So, now that it's actually out, what's Railjack like?

Tempted to come back and try it out.