Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Terbulus posted:

I dont know if clan leaders place dojo spawn points or not
but if so please remove the Railjack spawn, pubbies do not understand you cant trade when they are on it

Only the normal (via clan menu/star chart) spawn room. Railjack is special. And very buggy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

hazardousmouse posted:

lol yeah I bought that. I sure as gently caress wasn't going to farm it at 1% drop rate but I'll get it for 35 NW funbux

Guess what?

That's a different mask.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Mercury_Storm posted:

They're gonna read this feadback and then make all missions where you infiltrate a ship into railjack missions now

You joke but this is actually a design goal.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

KDdidit posted:

Last Railjack piece is cooking, any starting tips for that mode? On console.
Ideally, find someone who can carry you though H-2 Cloud (which is also just a very good grind spot in general now) in the veil a few times so you can get started building some Mk III gear for your own railjack and kickstart your intrinsics. If your clan is on the ball you should also be able to supplement any gaps with Sigma gear from the dojo. Aside from that, treat it as as an alternate starchart and take your time with it.

And speaking of intrinsics, you'll eventually want to get one of them (probably Crew) to rank 7 to unlock the veil for yourself, but I'd suggest going to rank 4 across the board before focusing on that.

Zetki has the best guns and reactors.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Echophonic posted:

Shields are a preference thing, I like Zekti because the minimal recharge delay is so nice, even if the pool is smaller. I am eyeballing doing a Vidar shield to try out the turret damage buff one of its perks offers.

I think Vidar is the pick for Engines. I noticed the feel improvement from Zekti immediately.

As for reactors, it's all about what you're running for battle avionics. Lavan reactors have a good stat spread for some battle avionics (Tether/Void Hole) and one of the MK3 perks gives you 25% more shields if you have Lavan plating. Lavan is the best for effective HP by a small margin. Zekti plating is the worst performing. If you're running Seeker Missles or want your Tether to blow stuff up real good, a Zekti reactor is definitely a viable pick, too.

Shields: I do like the faster recharge rate on Vidar, but you can kinda use whatever.

Engines: This was the case pre-update and remains so.

Reactor: For context, I run Blackout Pulse/Shatter Burst/Seeker Volley. I might switch Shatter Burst for Particle Ram, but that wouldn't really affect my reactor choice. Also Zetki has the fire/electrical hazard auto-repair extras.

Starting out though, getting any Mk III gear is going to be the main focus. You can worry about optimizing later.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Zero VGS posted:

Been a while since I checked in, had some new questions:

1) I see there's a Nezha and Octavia Prime. Their sets are 50/80 plat on the market respectively. Nezha is my second favorite frame and Octavia is my favorite specter, should I go and buy them both? Are the prices expected to go drastically higher/lower in the immediate future? I've never spent money on this game buy I seem to have 1100 plat from hustling Warframe.market

2) Does the Octavia specter still play that awful default song or can I make her play my cool song yet?

3) I have a maxed Arcane Guardian and Magus Repair, I assume that still makes my Inaros laughably immortal?

4) Is there anything in the game that is a challenge yet? Last time I played I went months without dying to anything.

5) Is there any new cool storyline since the Chimera bit?

1. Up to you. Neither is vaulted yet, so prices are unlikely to go up any time soon.

2. Still the default.

3. Inaros is still Inaros, yes.

4. If you've completed the star chart, there's now the Steel Path, which is basically hard mode star chart (enemies are +100 levels from normal and much tougher health/armor-wise) with some unique rewards.

5. Some! Maybe not as much as everyone would have liked thanks to 2020, but the Deimos open world stuff is certainly neat. Might also be some other stuff like the Protea quest, depending on when you dropped off exactly.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Where do I go if I wanna just blast spaceships for loot now?!

The old Grineer skirmish missions are still there and still pretty quick (especially relative to the Corpus stuff). There's still some on-foot stuff since they got rid of the nodes with no side objectives, but you actually get some okay rewards out of it.

Remember how all that wreckage you used to collect turned into dirac you couldn't do anything with because you already had everything you cared about maxed out? Well, now it turns into a massive pile of endo instead.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

You can also cancel it by holding 4 in situations where you don't necessarily want to rewind.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Oh btw, Easter stuff should be up now. Get your (basically) free Easter color palette if you haven't in past years.

Also bunny ears, until they rip them away from us again.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Not really, no.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

TheParadigm posted:

Any tips for downing corpus crewships without boarding?

Same as grineer, more or less. Blackout pulse to stop them moving if you feel like it and then artillery into one of the engines.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Oh if you need to break the shield, easy mode is to use Talyn or Photor for your pilot gun. For whatever reason neither of them give a gently caress and will just pop it instantly.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

copy posted:

Also if you have crew, tell your gunner to be a defender/engineer for a bit because whenever something that isn't the back of the shield gets hit, it reorients to face you and for some reason my gunner loves nothing more than futilely plinking enemy crewship hulls when I'm trying to take their rotary shields out.

Photor will just blast right through it from the front. Talyn you gotta get around the side a bit, but it seems to have a much easier time of things than the old apoc/carcinnox "meta" choices and I don't have too many problems working around my gunners.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Are there any cool railjack credit grinds again like Gian used to be or is it back to index/profit-orb spam? I kind of want to level up some primed mods but I won't bother if I have to touch the Index again.

Not really since skirmish missions will always have at least one away objective now. You can still whip through them pretty quick if you have one or two other people who are on the ball, but you can't just roll through a mission in two minutes with tether spam any more.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Mesadoram posted:

So uh, how do I leave a railjack mission? It says I "beat" it but I don't see an exit or anything...

Use the navigation console to go back to the dry dock.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

How decent is Internal Bleeding?

Expensive to slot and only actually useful on a handful of weapons, but it can be pretty gnarly if you can make it fit.

I'd probably try it on the Daikyu without a riven before committing that many forma. Or just slap it on a Kuva Chakkhurr instead.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

No, but it's possible they weren't wandering close enough to the drops to pick them up or weren't running vacuum/fetch (the horror!).

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Buggged usage stats or no, I can't say I didn't use all this stuff a whole ton.

Heck, I still use (updated versions of) most of these today.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Don't forget digdog.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Blast doesn't do anything, but freezing works. Thermal Sunder from Gauss can freeze enemies solid if you hit enemies with it twice, or you can infuse Petrify from Atlas and use the Ore Gaze augment for even more loot.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

it dont matter posted:

Can I get some build advice on my orthos p.

or

Or drop spoiled strike in the second and replace it with the riven?

Or something else entirely?

Riven is +99% melee damage and some slash (which is meh but I'll reroll it at some point)

I'd drop PPP, Quickening, and Spoiled Strike. Replace with Berserker, Primed Reach (if you have it), and either Drifting Contact if you're not running Naramon or Organ Shatter if you are.

Spoiled Strike is generally only useful over other mods in certain fairly rare situations, like stat stick builds if an equivalent augment or riven is unavailable.

General idea is that you don't want to focus too hard on raising one stat (base damage, in this case), and more on increasing multiple stats that will multiply off each other.

This video is a few years old now and some stuff has changed (notably, Condition Overload is now a base damage mod and not a separate multiplier) but the general philosophy behind it remains ever-relevant:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3iln0ZSZyI

Helter Skelter fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Jun 1, 2021

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

FunkyFjord posted:

Anyone else's client process hanging in memory when you close the game? I've had that happen every time since the sisters update.

Not every time, but yes.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Inzombiac posted:

Leveled up the Tenet Flux rifle and hated it the whole time.

Easily one of the biggest gulf between cool design and lovely performance.

Though, Wukong clone using it to laser snipe/drill was kinda cool.

Put Flux Overdrive on it and enjoy endless slash procs.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Rorac posted:

So uhh, is the Tenet Envoy actually silent? It *says* alarming but I've fired it pretty close to enemies and nobody seems to react. Not that I'm complaining, I just want to know if it has like a 5m noise radius or something or if it's a beneficial bug.

This would not be the first time they've accidentally shipped a silent rocket launcher.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Revenant has always been my go-to for liching and that has not changed with the sisters.

Nezha is quite good too and Rhino of course is as capable as ever. As long as you're reasonably tanky and (preferably) status immune, you'll be just fine.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Terbulus posted:

I don't think you can even have a viral heat envoy can you?

:confused:

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

TheParadigm posted:

Whats the element bonuses bonus?

I played around with it a bit and nothing about the double elements being on the right side works any differently than other innate weapons. (the only wierdness is is it has two elements off to the ride side of the mod screen, which combine if you don't mod for it)

29.5%, lol.

I'm actually considering switching to radiation or magnetic and swapping Rime Rounds for Hammer Shot.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Echophonic posted:

Got my first override invigoration and uh, yeah, sure, this seems reasonable.

Trumna calls.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Echophonic posted:

I actually just got a Trumna riven, maybe it's time to put that to use. CritC/CritD/Cold.

Enjoy the not completely terrible dispo while it lasts, the Trumna is an immensely satisfying gun.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Sharparse posted:

I sent a request to join the goon clan. I don’t think I have any other invites? I had a random one the other day but I deleted it from my message inbox, is that all I had to do?

Yep, you're good to go.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

a fatguy baldspot posted:

Controller or mouse and kb ?

They're both fine, but if you don't have a strong preference either way I'd say m/kb.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Echophonic posted:

Is the bonus crit crewmates get to rifles actually rifles or is it primaries? They've historically been kind of sketchy on the distinction.

If it works by sortie rules (and I suspect it does), bows and shotguns would be excluded.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Parkour speed Helminth infusions are hilarious since they're +100% and also boost your roll speed/distance.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Xoris is the intended tool for the job and is perfectly capable of hitting tier 3 in 60-70 seconds, there's basically zero reason to try and cheese it with a frame outside of for funsies.

It also does a pretty good job of dunking on the coin carriers.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

GoldenPrice posted:

Is the Xoris something worth keeping after full mastery or is it something you can safely sell?

It's the second best glaive in the game and has unique utility use with the Granum Void. Keep it.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

A Moose posted:

I recently got my first mod with punch through, and does it interact with Magnetize the way I think? (bullets keep punching through and turning around back towards the center for the whole duration?) If so, I'm going to need to get a good rifle and try that out.

Sort of, on certain weapons. Hitscan weapons don't really leave anything behind in the bubble, but projectile based weapons can stick around for a bit. Even then, some work better than others due to varying projectile lifetime and other considerations (punch through won't let projectiles keep zipping through targets infinitely, for example).

If you really want to kill something in a bubble very dead, I recommend the Exergis or the alt-fire of the Cyanex. Lanka is the classic option and still quite good for this, but the Lanka's handling means it kinda sucks as a normal weapon otherwise.

e: comedy option is the Secura Penta

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

Is Gauss good/fun? Of the warframes that have come out since I last played he looks the most fun but I don't want to grind the mission for his drops if he's lackluster.

Yes, very. Kind of complicated mechanically (lots of ability synergies/interactions to wrap your head around), but tons of fun and very versatile.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Steel Charge is also a great newbie aura. 60% melee damage really helps out with those early days of limited endo and weapon build options.

Kinda falls off a bit later, but if you're at a place where those things are still a concern, then it will likely be one of your best friends.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Rubberduke posted:

So are the zaw parts you can get from the event worth it?

Plague Kripath is excellent in both polearm and rapier form, Plague Keewar is mostly just mastery but you can make a pretty okay (if short-ranged) scythe out of it. You can skip the grips.

Exodia Contagion is also pretty good/fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

A Moose posted:

I don't know if Crash Course or Buzz Kill are any good though.

Unrelated, anyone have any recommendations for a non-terrible full auto primary rank 8 or lower?

Those mods aren't worth the ducats.

Get a Fulmin.