Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

seiferguy posted:

Trinity
Pros:
- If you play PS4, this is the only healer in the game. If you're PC, the Oberon is there, but his healing isn't as effective as the Trinity's.
- Blessing is awesome. It's the Great Gospel of this game in that it heals shields / health and grants temporary invulnerability. If you max out duration (get your hands on a narrow-minded), you can have a half minutes of immunity for your team.
- Trinity's other ability, energy vampire, can restore energy for the team as well.

Cons:
- Her abilities don't do damage, so you'll be relying on teammates and your primary weapon to do damage. This doesn't make her a super fun frame as you'll be relegated to support.
- Health and shields at max aren't great. Armor is lacking too. Trinity essentially is like a white mage from any Final Fantasy game.
- Her initial polarities blow (shield aura slot, two shield slots, no - slots) so if you want to make her effective you need to bust out some formas.

Trinity is god tier. You don't even mention Link which is only slightly less awesome than blessing. Also well of life and energy vampire can combine to slaughter high hp enemies like those 60+ heavy gunners with ease and 0 danger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

Captaindirtnap posted:

I started with a Mag, and I have to say that is the only "real" choice for a newbie.

I cannot recommend highly enough that new players do not take Excalibore. Mag is amazing, and Loki is only slightly less amazing because he needs better gear than the starting stuff to really get into his game (i.e. Orthos Prime doing 12k hits while invisible.)

But hey, on Excalibore you can jump 3x as high!

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

Prav posted:

Just wait until you're grinding void keys so you can grind capture for Ember Prime parts that supposedly drop. (They don't. It's a lie. EmberP systems aren't real.)

And these all have the same build costs as regular frames on top. Not that it matters since by the time you get the BP drop you'll have so much materials and credits that you don't even care any more. Hell, at this point even Forma are just a blank drop for me.

Then wait til you get Ember and find out she is an abysmal frame.

e: I ran 20 consecutive T3 Caps, got 11 Bronco parts, 8 Forma BPs, and 1 Ember P systems. Just wanted an Orthos Prime blade :emo:

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
From the Livestream, the next prime frame will be either Loki or Rhino.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

Helter Skelter posted:

There are no bad warframes. :colbert:

This is pretty true, they all have a place somewhere. I think a list of ideal weapon progression could be a good add though.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
Valkyr is good & fun. Riplining pubbies will never get old. War Cry is nice melee buff & enemy slow before you hit Hysteria and go on a murderous invulnerable rampage, what's not to like? In all seriousness there's a lot to not like about her, but that doesn't make her bad. If I had to chose something that makes me not want to play her, it would be all the weird poo poo on the wikia about how she is a cat, and the best ways to make her look like a cat.

On the wallrunning test: Loki can cheese it all, with no wallrunning. The first platform is difficult to get a decoy onto, as it is relatively close - so you need to aim up. I think my decoy probably had a fall of about 30 metres to land adequately on the first platform. From there the next platforms are much easier.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
For the Karak, assuming you have max ranked mods (even if you don't, really) for straight biggest numbers this is an okay guideline.

However, things like Wildfire, which will let you shoot more before reloading, or Heavy Caliber which will give you -45% accuracy, but much bigger numbers, are also good ideas. Maybe your particular playstyle suits having Shred and/or Metal Augur, to punch through more mans/cover.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
Constitution [+28% Power Duration, +40% Knockdown Recovery]
Continuity [+30% Power Duration]
Narrow Minded [+99% Power Duration, -66% Power Range]
+whatever else you want. Flow probably helps as Fleeting Expertise is a no no.

Get her Aura helmet for more duration also. It decreases the range of Link, but eh, that isn't a biggy imo. Still makes you CC immune.

You can also cast Well of Life on a target, then wait for it to just about wear off (which with the above mods takes a painfully long time) and cast Energy Vampire on that target. Energy Vampire causes 10% Max HP ticks in damage on its' target, while Well of Life gives a target 10x HP - the energy vampire ticks work off what the HP was at the time of cast. This is utterly pointless for a level 10 infested, but on a level 75 Bombard/Napalm/Heavy Gunner/Corpus Tech etc, it is pretty handy.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

Male Man posted:

Fleeting Expertise is far from a no-no on Trinity. Dropping a chunk of duration (like 25% of your total--no big deal) in return for quartering your energy cost (with Streamline) is very much worth it.

Eh. The reality is I completely don't require Fleeting on Trinity, so why bother with the -60% duration. If you are running out of energy on her, you're doing somethin wrong.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
The Grineer have developed some fairly sophisticated anti-espionage tools to deal with Tenno spying.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
Just run Orokin Derelict Assassination for Orokin cells. Lephantis is easy, and you get 4 chances per run.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
FWIW Desecrate currently works on the Harvester.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
Notes https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/172913-update-12-zephyr-rises/?p=2029783#entry2029783

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
If it takes into account not just base damage, but mods and elements, it's a massive buff if you had say Orthos Prime on.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
Tenno Lab requires 100k Creds, 65k Salvage, 35k Salvage. 35k Circuits, 35k Polymer, 15 Forma

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
The new clan research weapons also seem pretty cool, but take a good whack of resources. Helter Skelter - let us know if &/or where you need help.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
I saw the Phage before I crashed and it took 750k Credits, 1000 Mutagen Samples, and around 50k salvage, polymer and something else. Also 15 Forma I think. Also the Phage is basically the infested Flux Rifle, firing 7 beams and doing 330 Viral damage base.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

Terbulus posted:

Apparently the best place to get t3 ext keys is now .... t3 ext missions

I have just run three T3 Caps in a row, the rewards? 3 t3 cap keys so far .... :psyduck:

e: now 4 for 4

Ajax fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Feb 8, 2014

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

:suicide:

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
I am 99.9999% sure desecrate doesn't work on Oxium Ospreys. Their death explosion, either kamikaze or killed by tenno, leaves no corpse for Nekros to work his magic on. I have never been able to get it work, but I'm still not entirely sure because :de:

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

BarkingSquirrel posted:

People said the same stuff about Desecrate and Molecular Prime yet I just spent half an hour doing it with my Nekros.

Anyone who said that is stupid, or terrible at Nekros, or hasn't played Warframe in a really, really long time. M Prime reduces corpse time to 3 seconds. Infested inherently have 5 seconds, Grineer and Corpus hang around for nearer to 15 seconds. From what I've seen, it's borderline impossible to desecrate an enemy killed by Miasma. Not too sure about Oberon's ult, haven't played with enough goatmen to know.

I would dearly love to get Natural Talent on my desecrate robot.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

Washin Tong posted:

For Grineer you basically want either Corrosive for dealing with the grunts (they use Ferrite armor) or Radiation to completely wreck the Alloy Plate elites (Bombards, Napalms, Heavy Gunners, Elite Lancers and Eviscerators).

You'll usually want to switch over from Corrosive to Radiation later on because only the heavies will be a threat to you and that damage type has no penalty against normal mooks so it'll do just fine for everyone. You could even add a Toxin damage mod if you have the room so you have a bonus against both types of armor.

For Corpus I usually roll with Magnetic and Toxin (since this will go through shields and hit their health directly). Just Magnetic is also good since it doesn't have any penalties against flesh and shields are usually your biggest problem against them anyway.

For infested you use Slash/Gas against the regular infested and Corrosive for the Ancients (Blast works well too and will knock mobs down when it procs). Radiation is nice against Phorid and Ancient Healers but that's highly situational and it will suck against the other more regular Ancients.

Your huge spiel completely missed the point of what Mistikman was asking.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
Also missing the point of his question. Just because he doesn't "need" to know he shouldn't ask? Any moron can follow the damage 2.0 table.

Does anyone actually know where/how Grineer armor types start and stop being the damage modifier over Grineer flesh types?

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

Well, that took a while

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
Finally got a Natural Talent. It is good, really, really loving good. I wish I could have used it when it was 100%.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
200-400p depending on the seller and buyer.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
I found Volt very handy for that test.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
I look forward to finally being able to max Well of Life and Slash Dash

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

Whoa. Wife Turds posted:

All (most) joking aside we could probably max Well of Life using exclusively other Wells of Life with ODD drop tables being as they are.

:thejoke:

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

Bob NewSCART posted:

I'm in a lovely position right now because I have the Karak blueprint but I can't pass the rank up test with this bad mk1(to unlock trading) or get through Venus properly without some better gear that I don't have the materials/creds to get yet. I may have to go back and farm a couple
Mercury/early Venus missions or something to get over this wall I'm at right now.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki

You should read this site, front to back. Your posts are awful.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

DelphiAegis posted:

After a thorough round of testing this evening, Denzine and I have come to a startling conclusion.

gently caress the 1 and 2 on flappyframe.

Slot absolute max duration (yes, Duration, so continuity, constitution, narrow minded) and your 3 turns into a personal/pod pre-nerf snowglobe that travels with you, and your tornadoes, aside from being ridiculous with default magnetic damage, but even BETTER if you load them with whatever element your gun is using, will utterly lock down an entire area for 50 seconds, no watching needed. You can't combine elements in it, so shooting it with fire then cold won't make it blast, but shooting it with blast or corrosive will make it such.

As a slight side effect, your face will be shoved through your rear end in a top hat as you try to Tail Wind into things. But it will cross the largest rooms in a single casting without issue! I REALLY want to bring one on a T3 defense and see how ridiculous it is.

Yeah, I have been quite underwhelmed by dive bomb. Curious - how many forma have you but into birdframe so far?

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

Inspector_666 posted:

You can only do three things in this game: cast abilities, shoot badguys and run around. I dunno why you'd want to cut that down to two things while you wait for a clock to get to 0.

Best thing posted on this page.

This particular co-op pve game doesn't need ~*~balance~*~.

e: to be clear, I'm not being sarcastic.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

Cathair posted:

No poo poo? Wiki says you're right, they must have changed it recently along with the other tweaks to Saryn and I never noticed. Okay, cool, that puts Saryn into 'subpar but usable' range. :dance:

Actually, it puts Saryn into the 'basically nova' range. Just trade speed (nova) for armor & health (saryn).

For damage anyway. Nova still has 2 other useful skills, Saryn kinda has 0.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

DelphiAegis posted:

Well, the duration on miasma just makes it tick faster, allowing you to cast it again, or kill the enemy before the stun from casting it wears off. DPS is misleading here, since reducing the duration does indeed increase it's DPS, but not its damage.

One of these days I have to test if stomp is affected by duration, but I'm far, far too lazy.

The last time I bothered to check, which is maybe a month ago, it was (perhaps mistakenly) doing more damage with less duration due to the weird extra tick miasma has. Take the following with a grain of salt, but I've found it largely true.

some forums dude posted:

Alright, below here is why the mod Blind rage actually lowers DPS on Miasma.
Due to a bug maybe Miasma always gets a beneficial extra tick on it.
Tick damage is calculated according to this formula following the wikia :

Tick damage = Total damage divided by Total duration.

This means that less duration will increase the damage on each tick wich will in turn benefit the extra tick.
Some examples below :

Miasma has a 1500 base damage and a 4 second duration on max rank.
This will let you deal 5 ticks of 375 damage resulting in 1875 damage.

Miasma with a max rank Fleeting expertise will give you a duration of 1.6 seconds resulting in 1 tick plus the extra tick.
This lets me deal 938 damage per tick resulting in 1876 damage

However a one rank from the top fleeting expertise will give me a duration of 2 seconds wich gives me 3 ticks on total of 750 damage resulting in 2250 damage WITHOUT damage mods.

Now for the blind rage part.

If you equip these mode on Saryn :
Max blind rage
Max focus
one rank from the top fleeting expertise
Max streamline

This will get you the required minus duration to reach maximum damage with ticks and give you also +129 % power strength and 25 % efficiency. This results in a damage of 1717.5 damage per tick and a total damage done of 5152.5 damage for 75 energy.

However, if we take out blind rage we get a +30% power strength and a 75 % efficiency. This results in 975 damage per tick for a accumulated damage of 2925 damage. we can cast this three times for 75 energy for a whopping 8775 damage.

I stand by what I said regarding Miasma being close to MPrime in terms of overpoweredness. It's not an 'exaggeration' at all. I would trade MPrimes slow for the stun on Miasma no problem. Also, Miasma begins applying its DoT damage immediately. And personally, I loving hate chasing down crawlers that are primed 2 rooms over in ODD.

edit: I found the post I was looking for, rather than the one above. It contradicts the 2s miasma theory. (For reference, my Saryn currently has max fleeting + chlora - I believed the below to be true)

quote:

Miasma does deal a reduced damage tick based on fractions of a second. The problem is that these reduced damage ticks do not have damage pop-ups (that we can see at least). However, if you watch the enemy's health bar, you can see the damage being done. This changes what Power Duration is needed to maximize its damage. Here are some quick examples:
pre:
Mods	                     Power Duration	Duration	Total damage
Constitution + Continuity    58%	        6.32 seconds	1737
Continuity	             30%	        5.2 seconds	1788
Constitution                 28%	        5.12 seconds	1792
None	                      0%	        4 seconds	1875
Fleeting Expertise	    -25%	        3 seconds	2000
Fleeting Expertise	    -50%	        2 seconds	2250
Fleeting Expertise	    -60%	        1.6 seconds	2437
Fleeting Expertise +         -65%	        1.4 seconds	2571
Chlora helmet	

Ajax fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Feb 24, 2014

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
Orthos Prime is really, really great right now, but the blades are a bitch to farm for. Dakra Prime is also pretty great, (and a single longsword!) but takes 15 orokin cells to craft.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
Do the Grustrag seem to spawn more reliably/often than Harvester?

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

Whoa. Wife Turds posted:

GOD. DAMMIT.

I know this game is going to pay me back for getting all Detron parts before the Salad Five emails and never even bothering to build it because it's, you know, not the loving Brakk.

You deserve it

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
Jesus loving christ the siren emoticons are really over-used in this thread.

No one reads the OP anyway. Anyone who needs to should have bigger concerns than :siren: Breaking Update - Survival is actually at 20 minutes. Not 15.:siren:

^^ change your sirens to frog sirens. Smooth move, it must not be you I was talking about. Still feel that it warrants bold and underline, or do you maybe want to edit that out too.

Ajax fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Feb 28, 2014

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
Paging Kaldaris...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
:siren::siren:4300cr! Ara (Mars) | Spy (Infestation) | Distress Call Located | Level: 12-15 :siren::siren: