Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

I've been grinding a bit to find my first Morphic in order to construct my Clan Key, but no luck so far. I saw while looking at the wiki that its possible to just buy one, which I would do if I could figure out where to buy them on the PS4 version. Any hints?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

Thanks for the help, guys. And just so I'm clear on this, the best way to farm is to go solo? I know some items are split between the team, but random drops like that are first-come-first-serve, right?

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

Just jumped back into this after not touching it since it launched on PS4 and am really impressed by the improvements! I'm having a lot of fun getting to know the game. I have a couple of questions:
1) I started with Excalibur, and am planning to pick up another Warframe. I'd like to have one that is more of a support class. When dropping into a public game I'd want to hear "Yes! We have a _____!". I was looking at maybe Oberon since he has healing buffs but also looks like he can hold his own in battle if I'm playing solo. Good choice?
2)If I buy blueprints for a Warframe, do my odds of finding those parts go up? Or is it best to not bother buying blueprints till you have the unique drops needed to build it?
3) Is there still a PS4 clan? If so, please re-add me. PSN: barren_sky

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

Just getting back into this game on PS4. Can I get an invite to a clan to help out? I used to be in one with an LLJK tag when it first came out on PS4, but I'm happy wherever.
PSN is barren_sky

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

And Tyler Too! posted:

Archwing is the reigning king of half-baked ideas and is largely irrelevant. Its only purpose is for mastery ranks and getting around the plains faster. You can safely ignore this content.

Whoa there, you mean the Plains of Eidolon? Is that how everyone is getting from point to point so fast? I swear I just run around those missions watching the action happen a kilometer ahead of me.
I Googled it and see I can buy uses of the Archwing there. I keep wishing for a Sparrow like Destiny, but this will do.

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

I have a question about how best to progress in this game with regards to new equipment. I have a couple maxed out warframes, and a few each of the different weapon types. The problems arrive when I switch to new gear to level up. Right now I'm working through Jupiter, but with my new Rhino warframe and new weapons, I just get worked in these area. Whereas with my maxed equipment they aren't much of a problem. When you start on levelling new equipment, do you usually focus on missions on earlier planets, just to grind them out, and use your most powerful equipment for actual progress?
Once I have a maxed out set of gear, it's tough to want to continue spending too much more time with them, since that is progress I'm not earning towards my next Mastery Rank.

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

Goddamn, one moment I'm just picking this game up once in awhile to shoot and slash aliens, and now suddenly I can't stop thinking about it and am carving out any tiny bit of my day that I can to jump on. And I still just barely understand some of the systems in place.
I'll have to throw some money at the developer soon. I guess just waiting for a Plat sale is the smartest way to do so?

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Ah, I read the title and OP, thought this was for PS4.

You should have an invite waiting for you in-game now!

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

BlueSparkDrift posted:

My bad! It's the same as my SA username. Looking forward to gooning it up.

You should have a clan invite in-game now.

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

What would you do if you had all of the parts for Volt, and a friend graciously gave you all of the parts for Volt Prime? I'd get MR for levelling both, right?

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Guess who got to the end of the chroma quest and then realised he only had 2 traps and 3 scans left?

👉:smith:👈

I was almost in the same boat! Luckily I matched up with a pub on that level and we finished the job.

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

Eyespy posted:

Is there some secret to Archwing Missions? The controls are awkward as hell. Combine that with an interception mission (which I struggle with at the best of times) for The Limbo Theorem and I’m just getting beaten again and again.

There’s too many enemies to keep away from the stations long enough to capture more than two at a time, and trying to fight them is incredibly frustrating. What am I doing wrong here?

I was working on that same mission last night. Infuriating. If you're on PS4 add me and we'll tag-team it.

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

Eyespy posted:

I'm on PS4. What's your PSN ID?

Barren_sky. I'm in the Corpus clan.

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

I just did an alert that awarded me 3000 Nano Spores. It was like a gift from heaven at this point in the game for me. I've had a bunch of blueprints waiting on them forever!

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

I don't suppose there is a way (on PS4) to make my sentinel transparent? Little dude is always getting in my face.

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

I've been trying to get the last piece of Equinox for ages (Night Neuroptics) but chance is not being kind. I started looking at the market website to see if I can buy one cheap there, but there doesn't even seem to be a listing at https://ps4.warframe.market/
Is that place just for Prime and really rare stuff? Where's a good place to buy supposedly 'uncommon' pieces for a fair price? I'm trying to find that armor corrosion aura too. I'm on PS4.

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

Just finished The Second Dream, and the ending and what it has opened up took me completely by surprise. I've been playing this game for ages but it feels like it's only just beginning now. Really cool.

Has that quest been there since the very beginning of Warframe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

I bought a bundle on PS4 that included about a thousand Plat. Not sure what to spend it on, so I was thinking of trying my hand at the market and buying a couple of Prime frames. Any suggestions for which guys I should buy? I'm looking to get frames that are very annoying to get in-game, and hopefully not too expensive. So far I have Primes of: Frost, Volt, Trinity, Ember, Mirage, Loki & Ash.