Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I picked this up again after putting it down with less than an hour played about a year ago.

It's pretty drat good. I'm still only in an Excalibur, but even still it's fun. Doing :krad: kickflips and shotgunning/slicing the faces off of poo poo is pretty neat. I have no idea what I'm doing, but stuff is dropping dead so whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Alright, so I've been playing this for a bit now, and I'm incredibly confused. Every time I think I'm getting a handle on what to work towards... the game throws about a dozen new things in my face unceremoniously and I'm right back to being confused as gently caress again.

I chose Excalibur and I'm basically relying entirely on Exalted Blade to do anything, because once I get above 17 or so I find that all my normal weapons are absolute poo poo and do absolutely nothing to anything (even the max rank ones with mods that I've upgraded).

I don't know where I'm supposed to focus my time because there's so much poo poo being thrown at me from a thousand different angles and I have no clue what any of it is for. I just came across Cephalon Simaris and I didn't even know he existed until the Quest that he's a part of. I don't know what the gently caress is going on with almost anything, and even looking up poo poo on the wiki is loving exhausting, because every time I type something in it inevitably leads to 20000 other things that I need to read up on to understand the first question.

The game is fun but holy poo poo is it overwhelming. I'm not hating it, I'm just completely lost. I don't know how to make my guns not poo poo (so that I'm not so stuck relying on energy to get poo poo done), I don't know what half of any of this poo poo means (like what is the difference between slash, puncture, and impact?), etc.

My head hasn't spun in circles like this in a long time.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Finally found a rifle mod with Multishot and holy poo poo my gun is usable again wtf. Rhino won't be finished for another two days, so until them I'm basically scrounging energy drops and spamming Exalted Blade to get poo poo done. The game keeps throwing more poo poo at me without explaining any of it, so that's cool.

The game is great, but holy poo poo coming into it as a newbie is daunting. They just don't. explain. a. single. loving. thing. For example: can I ditch guns that I don't like? I know I only have so many weapon slots, but how do I get rid of weapons I'm not fond of? Can I even do that? How many weapon slots do I have left? Is there any way to see any of this at all? I have no idea.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

My experience with the game is one of utter confusion. That said, there was a class in Mass Effect that had biotic charge. You would charge someone, knock them on their rear end, and then promptly shotgun them into oblivion. It was ridiculous and fun as gently caress.

Is there a roughly analogous frame here? I was looking at it and it seems like Rhino would fit the bill, sort of?

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Ok so I'm guessing Rhino or Atlas, eh? Well Rhino is being built already. I guess I'm going to start farming up Atlas blueprints, too.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

What the hell is a "potato"?

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I just got my very own ship millenial, and I have no idea what's happening or what any of this means nor why I should care... so, in other words, Warframe.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

So I decided I was going to farm up Rhino Prime.

Long story short, I now have Zephyr Prime, Mirage Prime, Banshee Prime, and Nyx Prime. I'm one piece off from Valkyr Prime (the systems is a rare drop from Lith V5), and a few from Hydroid and Limbo Prime.

There was a lot of farming done. A lot. But I have finally gotten Rhino Prime, now I just need to build it. :unsmith:

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Tomorrow is gonna be fun. Rhino Prime, Arca Plasmor, Atomos, and Ignis Wraith all coming out to play. :getin:

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Is there an efficient way to farm Axi relics that I'm missing? I have been running Marduk while the Void stuff is awarding relics for completion, and it works but it loves to just poo poo Neo relics all over my face, only occasionally giving me an Axi. I'm guessing I have to run endless modes of an appropriate level?

I'm trying to get the neuroptics for Limbo Prime and Hydroid Prime and they're both Axi relics. It's been frustrating.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

So I went and colored Nezha in D.Va colors, with neon pink energy to match. It works too well. However, it prompted this exchange tonight in a fissure:

"Are you a girl?"
"No."
"Fag."

I guess the floor being cover in neon pink fire for the entire run got to him? It was wonderful. :allears: He was so offended by my fashion sense that he wouldn't even revive me when I inevitably dropped dead.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Limbo's real role is agressively trolling pubbies.

To echo this: was doing an defense rift run both to crack open some relics and get XP for LimboP. Some dickhead was being lovely in team chat (claiming that he was carrying us, etc., which is hilarious because it was a loving Axi fissure, not some super high-end content). I proceeded to keep him, and only him, in the rift for the rest of the map.

That is what Limbo is for.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Got an Astilla Riven a while back, finally crafted the Astilla. It's not bad, needs a few formas but it's a literal glass cannon: it shoots exploding glass slugs.

My riven is (if I'm not mistaken) +115% crit and +105% Elec so like... pretty drat good. I can go full crit with either corrosive or viral as a backup? Plus a bunch of slash innately? Yes, please.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

McKilligan posted:

'Sup, Astilla Riven buddy? One thing I've found that makes the Astilla really shine is punch-through. It's splash damage can be partially blocked by whatever it hits, so if you shoot the first target in a column of enemies, that first enemy is the only one that will take damage. Now, if you put a hole in him and make the slug explode on his friend BEHIND him, well! Now you're in business. Plus, if you've got that extra crit (cirt chance or crit damage?), go ahead and slap Hunter Munitions in there any anything that isn't killed by the initial volley will bleed out shortly after.

It's crit chance. I'm probably going to follow your advice and get some punch through on it. It seems pretty nice.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Sandweed posted:

Try the clanchat.

That's how I got my Heavy Caliber. Drop rate is 100%.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Someone in clan chat mentioned this and I want it to be true: Chroma Prime should require Saryn Prime/Ember Prime/Volt Prime bits, and they should re-release those three alongside Chroma Prime.

I need all three of those, DE. Do the thing.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Ritznit posted:

Seems it's basically a gamble whether you received the Riven or not. Shame. This isn't the first time I don't get a Twitch drop despite correctly linked accounts, it seems to randomly work and then not work.

Alternatively, I got it while I had the twitch app tuned to the stream while my phone was in my pocket, muted, and set to 160p. It really was a total crapshoot, by the look of it, but maybe they learned something on their end to improve twitch drops?

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I think I need to go buy a lottery ticket. First three runs of Mute Salad V gave me all of the pieces needed. Mesa's cooking right now. I didn't expect this.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Cpt Stabbin posted:

What is the preferred damage type for the ignis?

I have mine built for crit with Hunter Munitions, and then viral as a backup, and it obliterates things.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I've never even used an extractor, nor do I know what they do or how to get them. WARFRAME!

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Yeah, Braton Prime is fine. Boring, but not terrible. My biggest gripe with it is that it isn't a tactical nuclear shotgun or something that vomits hot doom, etc. Like, it works, it's just not my jam. I like my weapons to poo poo death itself all over a pile of jerks.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Kyrosiris posted:

For maximum hilarity, pair Mirage with Lenz.

Literally all the time. The best way to play.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

The only thing I don't like about the Phantasma is that I can't put Hunter Munitions on it... and that I don't have 6 formas for it right now.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Further proof that Mirage + gun is the best combo in the game.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I grabbed as much as I could. Fortunately, the game's reluctance to let me have the last pieces of Chroma Prime and Rubico Prime gave me a pile of ducat trash.

Primed Continuitiy alone is going to make me blow so much loving forma.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I'm really, really glad Warframe has taken off. I never would have picked it up if it hadn't. It's a really good "I'm going to listen to podcasts and blast some poo poo" game, which is exactly what I need.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Oh my God they're really going to make me do all those defection and archwing missions that I spent so long avoiding?

Fuckin DE loves to watch us suffer.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Cinnamon Bear posted:

I finally got around to trying out Saryn Prime, and she's also more of a blast than I was expecting. Is the general plan just running around spamming 1 to infect stuff and spread it, with 2 to heal/gotta go fast? Keep 3 up all the time?

I have Frost still in the foundry that I'm waiting on, so between the two of them I feel like I should invest in a status melee and grab Condition Overload from trade chat.

Every time I think I'm winding down with this game I get pulled back in...

Spam 1 because it builds into a doomstack that keeps most of the map near death at all times. Hit 4 occasionally because it does extra damage to anything infected by your 1. 2 is for emergency escapes. 3 is ignorable because you'll rarely be shooting anything.

Get as much ability range as possible, range is love. Range is the difference between infecting and exploding the entire map, or only a portion of it. Strength I guess is the next most important after that? I still need more range on my Saryn.

I also need to get my last two bits of Saryn Prime. The neuroptics is cheap (~15p last I checked) but the loving chassis is like 150p+. I'm probably going to buy it, though. Saryn is great, and I'm closing in on MR20 and am whoring myself for mastery at this point.

Saryn is the "I'm going to solo Onslaught" frame. Hell of a lot of fun.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Is there a Prisma Gorgon? If so, how does it rate vis a vis the Gorgon Wraith? I have a pretty good Gorgon riven and I'm wondering if it's worth building one up.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Raptor1033 posted:

I’m actually thankful I started playing years ago when the game was smaller. Being a new player now has to be daunting.

As someone who started in July, I was lost for the first two and a half months. It felt like every time I got a handle on one thing, the game introduced half a dozen other things that I was suddenly expected to understand in minute detail.

The new player experience is... rough. Thankfully goons were kind enough to answer my dumb questions and I now understand the game enough to appreciate it (still completely lost about dolons, though).

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I got a 75% off coupon so I splurged a bit and now I have over 2000 plat and I bought the last bits of Saryn Prime, so she's cooking... and I'm legit excited. Saryn is the best. Saryn Prime is Saryn but better-ish. I look forward to murdering entire maps even harder, now that I can justify dumping formas into her non-stop.

I just got a Scourge riven the other night. It's garbage, but I may try that build out to have a crazy acid gas shotgun...

Gonkish fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Oct 27, 2018

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

dog vacuum isn't in yet, correct?

I think that is coming along with Fortuna?

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I have a Gorgon riven and I grabbed the Prisma Gorgon. I have a good/decent Riven (+cold, +153% crit chance, +punch through, -mag size) for it so I'm keen to try it out. I may reroll a few times to see if I can get something slightly better.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Jordas Golem is making me do something I thought I'd never do: Farming Archwing guns and mods.

That's... that's a level of evil I didn't know existed.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Garuda is probably going to be a pain to farm. Moa pets wave back at you. Hoverboards. 80s neon color schemes. Chain gang anthem. Kit guns I guess?

2fast4tuna

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Am I wrong, or is there no way to get these medical debt bonds other than the one bounty mission which never rewards them?

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

hobbesmaster posted:

Correct.

Apparently Canadians believe medical debt would be rare in dystopia corporate hell future.

DE: "Let's make Space Millenials!"
Also DE: "Let's saddle them with unreasonable amounts of medical debt!"

Seriously, I need 3 more and I've basically been running that one mission all loving day. Why the gently caress doesn't that vendor dude offer any to buy? My rep is maxed out, I'm ready to move up a rank... but medical debt. :smith:

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

njsykora posted:

The general rule with Mirage is if the weapon has a visible projectile, it is hilarious on Mirage. Doubly so if it explodes.

Mirage + Lenz is my favorite anything ever in the entire game. You just delete entire sections of the map (and possibly yourself).

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

How does red/orange crits work anyway? I have a Gorgon riven which nets me 121% crit so I see them pretty often but I don't actually know what they mean. I'm bad at theorycrafting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

If they nerf Ignis we riot.