Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Ok so it looks like it might be possible to get to rank 8 with the controller. As they added an option where you dont have to hold jump whilst wallrunning. But you still need to tap jump when making contact with the wall after the initial jump, I wish i'd figured this out before loving up the mastery test again. :downs:

Also I feel like going back to use trinity again but my mod loadout looks like poo poo, whats best to slot? Duration and range? Power strength?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Helter Skelter posted:

1. Trading may expand later, I wouldn't rule it out as a possibility for later.

2. Buying a pack wouldn't guarantee you one either. Just keep running survival missions to 15 minutes (bring other goons if you can, more keys to go around that way).

I've had good luck with the pluto survival missions, managed to get several T3 Exterminate keys. Only thing is I realy want T3 Capture so I can build the orthos prime ffs.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Man I finally managed to fluke the rank 8 test, half the time I ended up running ontop of the wall. I missed the final platform somehow and I think the lotus just got fedup and let me pass.

Is there any clantech stuff worth building at rank 8? Also the next test should be easy as I can just use ash and stealth the gently caress out of it I hope.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Improbable Lobster posted:

Tesla is actually really goddamn strong right now. You can toss out dozens and just wreck everyone forever.

Also if you arent throwing bounce on people who have stood still for more than 3 seconds you arent playing vauban correctly.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Ok it appears all of my guns have been replaced with peashooters, I just tried T3 Exterminate and spent more time running away from enemies than trying to kill them. My soma which was a crit machine managed to plink away at a mob from a distance whilst using up 3/4ths of its ammo.

What am I doing wrong? The soma has three maxed out crit mods, a high level serration, maxed out multishot, ap etc and felt good for enemies in the 100s pre patch.

Edit: also why do some enemies have yellow lifebars? whats the difference between those and the blue ones? Whats the difference between the puncture mods and armour piercing? Why the hell is everything so complicated now

track day bro! fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Nov 24, 2013

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

TheBlandName posted:

AP doesn't exist anymore. So Piercing Hit is no longer worth slotting. Rainbow builds are the order of the day again.

So whats the point in having a mod that doesnt do anything? I mean I get the idea of putting the elemental mods together to cause effects, I put blast on my despair but it still seems pretty poo poo.

The only thing that seems to do good damage is my galatine.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Harrower posted:

This is what I did. You can do other stuff like ditch the health/shields mods for whatever else you like, or maybe ditch streamline for energy vampire or whatever. Narrow minded really does a number on energy vampire though. You can also jam fleeting expertise in there and go for 25 energy 14ish second duration blessings.

So is there no point in slotting focus on trinity? Just duration and power amount mods?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Is the flux rifle garbage now, seeing as it mainly does slash damage? I did stick corrosive on it but didnt get a chance to try it out against grineer yet.

Also where the hell do I get orikin cells now? I need like 9000 to build mag prime and a few other things.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

seiferguy posted:

Having upgraded to the Orthos, that weapon is a godsend in infestation maps when I get a bunch of weak dudes running at me and I can kill them with a couple slashes.

Which is why i've been holding off using forma on mine because i've been trying to get bloody orthos prime for like a month now. I mean the galatine is great and all with every single charge mod possible and a range mod. But the orthos just felt more fun to use, 1000+ charge damage be damned.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Cathair posted:

Ooh, new posts about a half-hour ago about upcoming warframe balance changes:

:geno:
Doesn't look like nearly enough. Accelerant better be something amazing.

Good to see an okay but relatively underpowered frame getting a use against mid-level Grineer, at least.

Isnt corrosive damage only effective against grineer? Wheras saryns current setup seems to be good for most things, seems like a downgrade. Also infested are strong against viral damage, so the 1 will be only good against corpus people and grineer.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Whoa. Wife Turds posted:

*zips up kb+m flamesuit* I enjoy playing this with a controller. Full stop.

That said, is there any reason why the game menus are only half functional with controllers? I assume it was properly implemented on PS4. Can't select planets, work with your inventory, etc with controller but can still move forward/back in menus.

One more question for PS4 users: does it map your controller differently to give you access to both sprint toggle AND roll? I love having roll available but holding down left stick to sprint in unacceptable.

I've been using a 360 controller since I started playing around update 7 and I dont think theyve fixed being able to sprint toggle and roll. At least wallrunning has become slightly less impossible now they added an option that you dont have to hold down sprint to start it.

Also i'd like to know if the PS4 has the same mastery tests, because a couple of them were pretty much impossible using the controller. The shooting range one I had to use a mouse because you just couldnt aim fast enough with the controller. I managed to fluke the wallrunning test by somehow landing ontop of the walls, but I still think its near impossible to aim and wallrun with a controller unless theyve seriously reworked the ps4 controls.

In all the hours of playing this game i've never seen anyone actualy shoot stuff whilst wallrunning anyway.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Great looks like I no longer need to grind myself to death trying to get those poison mods! Although arent these dual ones a bit overpowered?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

I AM THE MOON posted:

is the rank 7 to 8 chalenge possible on a gamepad yet? I have enough mastery to be like rank 10 or 11.

Its a bit easier now de added the option to wallrun without having to hold sprint, but I still hosed it up near the end but the game just decided to pass me. Probably best to watch a youtube of it to remember where the platforms are, or just skank it with a loki if you have one.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Who cares about the new air based warframe when you can get bladestorm to glitch you into levitating. :mrgw:

I could kinda go lower by sliding but I didnt manage to make it to the exit.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Is bronco prime worth building? I say that because after chasing orthos prime blades for months I seem to have all the parts needed for it instead of a bloody orthos prime.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Sandweed posted:

It's really good, It's a mini Hek that takes pistol mods.

So its not as poo poo as the normal bronco then? I mean dual broncos was allright, but the single one was just a two shot mag.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
What mods do you need to use trinity nowadays, is link not worth using anymore?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
:whoptc: is going on in this thread, I just wanted to ask for some advice on mods for my new birdframe that I put in the cooker and people are writing fanfiction???

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Ok how the hell does trinity work now? Every time I cast energy vampire on a dude I somehow end up with less energy than I started with, even heavy dudes.

Also is it worth slotting power strenghth mods at all? Or should I just go for the fleeting expertise spam mode?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

sleeptalker posted:

Energy vampire is 4 pulses no matter what, more duration means you get energy slower. Basically useless if you mod trinity correctly (infinite blessing).

Ahh I didnt realise it had changed, I was still thinking it was like old trinity where you had to hit the target to get the energy.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I shouldn't have started playing metal gear rising, it just makes me want blade mode in warframe damnit!

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

I love cats posted:

There was this meeting back at DE, during which a choice had to be made between adding a face texture to the heavy machine gunners and adding walls making GBS threads lightning bolts and shurikens. Everyone agreed that modeling faces is booooorrring.

I loved getting one shotted trying to level my flappyframe due to those tiny loving camera things. This seems real loving dumb seeing as people had exactly the same problem with the old copus cameras which were also impossible to spot.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

muscles like this? posted:

I completely ignore cameras now and just slide trick my way through any laser doors they put up.

Yeah pretty much, I remember dying several time when I was starting out due to the cameras :shobon:

Although we only had the corpus tileset then!

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Zephyr is definitely my new favorite frame even though her ult seems to stick everything to the ceiling sometimes. I'm glad someone mentioned equipping heavy impact as it actualy turns divebomb into a useful skill, its so fun on a big open map to fly above a bunch of enemies and crash down into them.

I'm abseloutely sick of using rhino though, although he was my second frame but I managed to get him as soon as he got nerfed to poo poo. I'd rather fly around the map like a mad rear end in a top hat making tornados everywhere!

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

QQmore posted:

I'm not exactly fond of getting nearly oneshotted cause someone's cyclone decides to come a little too close while I'm using an ogris. Plus the drat things shoot loot all over the place.

If you didnt want to blow yourself up you wouldnt be using an ogris :colbert:

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

FutureCop posted:

Anyone try out the Akboltos? Generally for pistols I prefer the single variants instead of akimbo variants because of their increased accuracy and lower reload time, but looking at the wiki, the Akboltos have the same accuracy as their single counterpart. Is this right? If they are the same accuracy, then I guess there's no reason to not get the Ak version.

Twin gremlins are better purely because they arent semi auto!

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Denzine posted:

Gremlins do 30 damage per shot and reload .6s faster than akbolto.

Akbolto does 44. And it has double the fire rate of the Gremlins.

A fully tricked out Akbolto will have almost 10,000 more DPS similarly modded Gremlins. Even my horrendous framerate issues don't keep akboltos from being a reasonable alternative to Gremlins. That's how amazingly good Akbolto is.

I play with a controller so I cant do things like bind mousewheel to fire! I used to get finger cramps using the akboltos. Although it doesnt help that the gremlins arent that easy to get either.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Are sicarus and boar prime worth building? I have all the bits for both of these but dont know if there worth wasting 20 orokin cells on.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Do you have to build the current statted hats to keep them as is? Or is it ok to just hang onto the blueprint?

I'm realy tempted to drop some plat on the duration helmet for trinity as thats pretty much one of the only ones I dont have.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
To be fair there are a few i'd like to have de-statted, I mean who wants crap like increased stamina anyway.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I finally managed to get the orthos prime before melee 2.0 hit and its rad as hell, also the fact that i've been using ash I almost forgot there were guns in the game! I realy like the channeling system and blocking is realy useful when I remember to use it!

How are the punchy kicky things now? I loved using em before but they were so weak and the range was crap, plus the charge attack ragdolling made the enemies do wierd things.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

sleeptalker posted:

Yep DE added a separate melee attack button for when you have your melee equipped and forgot to add an entry in gamepad controls.

Huh news to me? I've been doing my scythe kicking just fine using the controller.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I dunno if its region specific but i've never realy had many problems with pubbies. Apart from getting lumped with people using starter gear on systems they shouldnt be able to access, most people seem to know what to do. Usualy the stalker gets his poo poo pushed in pretty quickly. The other three guys I think i've only had them spawn twice ever because I got bored with doing the same mission 5 times in a row for invasions.

Although I seem to get matched with lots of russian players wierdly enough.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

Is it easy to get more Warframe slots? I plan to make both Saryn and Valkyr when I get access to the planets with their part blueprints, and saw that I only had room for two (including my starter, Mag) at the moment.

Purchasing platinum is fairly easy.....

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Improbable Lobster posted:

Zephyr is basically Excalibur 2.0, in a good way. Her movement is fun and her ult is hilarious. I highly recommend her for anyone with the patience to grind Oxyium

Except she doesnt have an equivalent to slashdash, does her 1 even do any damage if you hit someone whilst moving? Apart from that turbulence is incredibly useful and tornado no longer sends items flying everywhere. Divebomb could realy do with a buff though, definitely my favorite frame at the moment just for the fun of flying around everywhere!

Wierdly though I rarely ever see other people using Zephyr, I guess that grind for 600 oxium was a bit too much.

Angstrum is rediculous, I dont think i've even modded it properly and it does something like 2500 corrosive and 3000 blast.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
On those alerts did anyone notice a realy fast infested enemy with an almost phage like beam coming out of it? Or was I just seeing things.

Also is Akbronco prime any good, just noticed I had the link part in my inventory.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

DelphiAegis posted:

But not anything more than 5 feet in front of you, basically.

The link isn't too bad to get, it's the blueprint (and the spare bronco prime itself) that is the difficult part to snag. But you'll do it anyway, since more mastery for the mastery god. :shepicide:

I found out it drops in T2 survival and did a quick solo run, after 5 minutes I got the blueprint. hosed up but true.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Those poison osprey things are loving lethal if you arent using the tankiest of tank frames. Its way too easy to get killed by one if it appears in an enclosed area

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I use the menus because half of the interface doesnt work with a controller, how hard would it be to make the whole thing work? I mean the loving game is on PS4 but somehow its impossible to use the navigation screen and your arsenal with a controller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Apparently its impossible to rebind some controls for using the archwing if you use a controller. This has been a problem since October :pwn: