Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
Jesus christ, I just finished my Acrid like 3 days ago and at rank 8 (potatoed) it was one-shotting* lvl 20-30 Grineer (*if you waited for all the ticks) and now it is as strong as a nerf water gun. Ridiculous how the combat rank 7 weapon that used to be King of All Rotating The Sun is now a tickle gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wid
Sep 7, 2005
I'm pretty sure you can trade warframe part blueprints. I don't think you can trade anything that was cooked in the Foundry. I don't know if you can trade Void weapon part drops or even resources.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Anyone else noticed the the ninja-nerf of Soma with its reloading time now seems like almost twice what it was?

wid
Sep 7, 2005

Kanos posted:

Yeah, but it was still a batshit insane weapon with the way status procs work even before they rebuffed it. Now it's like WHOAAAAAA.

Naw, it was underperforming after U11 especially for the fact it is a level 6 weapon. It would've been more understandable if it were level 3. Now, if only they'd buff Ignis to be closer to its former self so I could kill Infested with it faster than a goddamn Braton. Still have to try out the new Flux Rifle.

wid
Sep 7, 2005

Exmond posted:

Holy crap. Has anyone else hit the bug on the PS4 where they are playing, but suddenly they are no longer interacting with anything? My shots do nothing, I can't change weapons. Ive hit this like 4 times tonight

Is it where you can shoot and use powers but can't hit anything, can't pick up anything and can't even switch weapons? I've had that a few times, seems like a de-sync issue. A few times from that it fixed itself though half the time it's stuck like that until the mission ends. The unfair part is the enemies could still hit me and I'm not even sure my powers do anything.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
I find using the Corrosive element is the closest I could get to pre-U11 Ignis and Flux Rifle damage, even against Infested. But since it's a proc, there are times when it took a long rear end time just to kill one. But more often they die almost as fast before. Weird how Infested is supposed to be more vulnerable to Heat but all Heat Ignis kills them much slower than Corrosive Ignis.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
I was surprised to see the stalker went down in that Darvo mission. Didn't know it's a depowered versipn of him. Still the shitlord dropped another Dread bp instead of Despair or even Hate. I got 4 of the drat thing already.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
What are your strategies in killing Phorid? Thankfully I managed to get Nyx in 6 runs, although I failed 3 times. Phorid just crushed my frame either from afar or by melee. Most of the fights I managed to win is because someone brought a Valkyr and wailed at Phorid the whole time while the rest of us pumped him full of bullets. There's one time where he bugged and won't stop ragdolling so we were slow-roasting him with Ignis for a long while. There's one time where I managed to solo him with the bazooka, where I jumped back and forth between two platforms to keep some distance between us then his AI bugged and he just stood there so I plinked away at him, with the bazooka, until he died, probably out of depression.

He's armor type, right? Is Puncture weapon best on him or something else?

wid
Sep 7, 2005

Dapper Man posted:

On the scale of game reviews, 4/10 is not a fun game. Warframe is a fun game, no matter how much Denzine has little breakdowns over his gaping timesink, god rest his soul.

I would give it 6.5/10. I don't get the low score for all the reviews when people just can't stop logging hours into it. They'reWe're all hating the shallow depth to the game but the gameplay is just fun and satisfying. It's practically the Bejewelled of shoot-mans games. The stylish explosions and shiny environments are just different enough from anything else out there that it's not boring to look at. Gaming journalists are retards who can't value anything except getting gifts from developers. Also doesn't help that gamers will complain about anything other than getting fellated by super model fellatio world champion at all times because they'rewe're literally manchildren.

Seriously, name the last AAA title you spent as much time as this game. I couldn't even break 70 hours with Skyrim. Even with mods.

Are the devs not good enough to make the game properly? Maybe, but do you think a more competent, AAA-minded devs would even make something like this? They'd make a F2P 3PS CoD-lite instead with tons of microtransactions.

Or maybe I'm just jaded after a year's abuse at the hands of PGI's Mechwarrior Online. DE looks like geniuses compared to PGI. AT the very least they do not blatantly and proudly show utter contempt of their own player base.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
What's the hotspot for neurodes? Also, now that golem is gone, is Alad V the go-to pinnata for neural sensor now?

wid
Sep 7, 2005
I'll be happy if they just add more mission types. Like, make it more interactive and dynamic by having you select which path you're going to take (after hacking a terminal) and affect the environment. For instance, make sub-bosses that are tough to take down because they have a ton of shield, but you can first go to the atmosphere control room, kill the guards there and hack or destroy the control, dropping the temperature to sub-zero thus ruining everyone's shields. Or you noticed there's a lab with technocyte virus being researched. Sabotage that and unleashed the Infested on the guards (that you might have to kill too).

They could also add *optional* side missions that are generated randomly, for rare drops. Just like Stalker, who is a random side mission (though not optional).

wid
Sep 7, 2005
If I were to fix Nekros, I would alter his abilities slightly:
1. Soul Punch would "prime" a target, kinda like a single Molecular Prime, sans the damage bonus and slow, but applies a set damage if the target did not die right out. When the target dies, it explodes and damages the surrounding enemies (not as much as MPrime).
2. Terrify is pretty useless. Either make it an AoE damage bonus and slow, or add a component like Decoy where the enemy would aggro a false target, but indestructible unlike Decoy.
3. Desecrate is as Desecrate does.
4. Shadows of the Dead: just make them intangible to NPCs, like our warframes to other players to lessen pathing issues. Better enemies killed should replace shittier enemies. Or ignore poo poo enemies outright, like rollers and runners. Or one possibility is also they explode when they die. So even if you summoned 7 useless pets, they could still jihad on the enemies.

wid
Sep 7, 2005

QuantaStarFire posted:

New update! https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/146580-update-1130/

So Infested are invasion-only, huh? That's okay: I didn't need to farm Hellfire or whatever it's called anyways. :suicide:

They could take over a base though? Seems like the only difference is you could purge them off the star map completely unlike the other 2 factions. But they could invade out of nowhere.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Here's a trick to kill Jackal fast: bring a Mag with Polarize skill. Use it when Jackal started, thus removing his shield. Shoot his body (not his legs) until he dies. Anything with high DPS, preferably specced with Magnetic damage, works. I have used Burston (non-potatoed even), Braton, Hind. Soma (potatoed) is also OP for this since I could just in front of his face and kills him in 2 seconds flat. He dies even before his gun could go through my Mag's shield.

Haven't tried this with Hyena though.

wid
Sep 7, 2005

Gestalt Intellect posted:

The Rhino Systems and Chassis, and the general Rhino blueprint which you get from the market for credits. You always get 1 part blueprint from the boss so you could be anywhere from 2 to 30 runs on getting the last two parts you need.

Nowadays, the most boss runs I had done to get all the parts is 11. Before the change, when blueprints is an actual drop that even has a good chance of not dropping, I farmed Jackal at least 30 times.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Has anyone tried the rebalanced Tigris yet? Everyone said it sucked big time before the change, I wonder how it is now.

wid
Sep 7, 2005

Denzine posted:

Fixing the zorenjump would be fine as long as they introduce a rough equivalent to the game. Like another equip with its own slots etc that gives you a ninja boost or whatever.

They would also do well to make melee useful but that may be wishful thinking.

They should give zorencoptering ability to all daggers and dual daggers. Longswords get bullet and melee blocking ability with less blocking percentage when more than one enemy is attacking you. Also upped their damage to be close to dual wield weapons. Bigger weapons hit more targets, hits harder but slower, and not good at blocking.

It's logical if small weapons makes you go faster or at least more agile. Longswords should have more defense while bigger weapons are more offensive.

wid
Sep 7, 2005

Spiritus Nox posted:

So I've heard good things about this game from idle web chatter, but the few major outlets I've seen review this have been pretty harsh. Anyone care to share why these bad reviews are/aren't bullshit and what I should expect if I get into this game?

Once the shiny coating wore off, you'll find the game to be shallow and lacking. However, the shoot-and-slash portion is very, very fun. It's easy enough to do but at the same time there's a hint of challenge that would keep you falling asleep on the keyboard. The style and presentation is great that it's not boring to look at since nothing else looking like this exists on the market.

It's also buggy and unbalanced but while you may rage and whine at their design choices, they kept churning out new things and attempt to add more meat to the bone that the effort warrants a commendation.

Like I said before: the game is like FPS Bejewelled. Everything about it is shallow and less demanding than Tetris but exploding jewels/spacemans never gets old.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Boltor is freaking awesome now with the latest buff. The bullets travel at a good speed now, at least for me personally, that I can aim and shoot targets that are moving, unlike before. It's my weapon of choice in killing Grineer now so I can reserve the Soma for mowing down bosses.

Also, I was actually able to kill the Stalker. Of course, loving pubbies ran off to do whatever the gently caress even after I announced in chat Stalker is after me. I just ran in circles since he kept cancelling my Ash's invis while dropping grenades from the Penta and igniting them on top of him. I was actually surprised he didn't one shot my lvl 20ish Ash, maybe he got a bit of damage nerf? My Corpus allies then showed up and Stalker went into Nyx's bullet sponge power. I stayed the gently caress away while dropping 5 grenades under him. He blew up all of the Corpus then I blew him up. Strangely, he seemed to actually fell down dead instead of going into sitting position and disappearing. Didn't drop Despair BP. Figures.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Not that I'm hoping DE would change Damage 2.0 *again*, but it's weird logic that radiation is giving bonus damage to robotics. Why would robots care about radiation? I guess they could make Infested being strong against radiation since they're magic space monsters. Confusion is also a weird thing as a proc, if anything it should've been a DoT proc on the target and their close by allies. Viral or toxin would be better as a confusion proc.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
They did say they're revamping the new player experience/tutorial. If anything, they could make the tutorial mission in smaller, less messed up Derelict stage. Give them MK-1 with few bullets so they'd have to switch to use the Lato. After the tutorial is finished, give them a blueprint for Braton, that only requires Ferrite or the usual drops in Mercury. Then make them earn the resources for playing a few levels of Mercury. Then you can teach them how to use the Foundry.

Kanos posted:

Holy poo poo, Ash isn't even close to the worst frame while Nekros exists. Ash is a relatively tanky warframe with above average move speed and an invisibility button. That's really all that needs to be said. You could remove all three of his other abilities and he would still be pretty loving solid. Yeah, his invis doesn't last quite as long as Loki's and he's not quite as fast, but in return he's more than twice as durable. His other skills range from okay(Shuriken, Bladestorm) to bad(teleport), but he's no worse off than any other middle of the road warframe and he's certainly not bad, jesus. He's perfectly fine if you want to play a fast invisible dude but don't want to have 500 shields with a max redirection.

Ash is my favorite Warframe and I'm slowly Forma-ing him to max out everything. The only reason is because he's so loving ninja. If you're playing this game other than for poo poo and giggles at being a space ninja and instead min-max everything, you're doing it sub-optimally. I see a truckload of enemy, I yell "Time to get stylish", press 4 and make one-liners every time he stabs someone in the face. If he gets bored waiting for someone at extraction, he'd make a facepalm and then doing taichi poo poo. Because he's a space ninja. You can keep your overpowered fatfuck and anime nuclear schoolgirl. I'm a goddamn space ninja and I'm too cool for your min-maxing.

wid
Sep 7, 2005

Synathaesia posted:

Running Alad V with pubbies is one of the worst things I've ever had to do. Either they all just hop on Zanuka from the start, or they focus on Alad V himself until he is downed and regens repeatedly; meanwhile, they're all just taking tons of damage from all the other mobs spawning. Last run, I had 28 revives from my teammates going down so often.

I only need Valkyr Chassis still, and then I am never going back to that place.

See, players asking for more complex boss fights will just end up segregating the community: those with good teammates and those who are crying pubbies. Any time I'm on Alad V, seems like I'm the only one dealing with the loving laser gun drones floating outside the arena and actually fighting Zanuka. I always brought Frost Prime and fought Zanuka inside the snow bubble where I am safe from the drones and Zanuka is slowed to hell. The pubbies just stood there pumping bullets into Alad V.

Most of the population cannot process anything more complex than "find target, stand there and shoot forever".

wid
Sep 7, 2005
The bow appears to be quite niche. I made Paris and Cernos and have the BP for Dread but I couldn't even level one of them past 7 because the damage is dismal without getting properly modded. Even with Thunderbolt it still takes forever to kill things unless maybe if you're super good at headshots? But it felt like limiting yourself by adding a challenge. It would've been better if the ammo is easier to get and you have a higher cap. It was slightly better when it was armor ignore pre-damage 2.0 but now it just felt underpowered. And one of my my pet peeves is random players who brought a bow to an Infested mission. At least bring a Brakk or Embolist you lazy tards!! :argh:

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Mag has the best first ability in the game. She could clear up entire enemy mob in front of her. It's as good as the best ultimates of other frames. Her second ability, Shield Polarize, makes Corpus cry like a bitch as their gimmick of using shield drones is backfiring. Even when fighting Infested who don't have shields, you could still use Shield Polarize to heal your shield and your teams'.

Nova is the one you want if you wanted to clear the entirety of your vision of mobs in a second. Her ultimate is objectively the strongest nuke in the game. It slows the enemies down, makes them take more damage and when they die, they explode, creating a cascade of explosions. Her other abilities range from "meh" to "this doesn't work properly".

Trinity I have no personal experience with, yet. But I have never seen one dying even when mobbed and the team also survives a hell of a lot better unless they moved too far away from her.

;EFB

wid
Sep 7, 2005

Safety Factor posted:

Oh man, the Penta. It's like my ninja's the world's worst demoman. :allears:
It really needs a boost to launching distance since they only arc out about 10 feet on a level surface. It's still a fun weapon though.

If it could reach that far, it'd make the Ogris obsolete.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
I couldn't get into the Bronco. Maybe Dual Broncos would be better though since the difference between Viper and Twin Vipers is like night and day. Don't get a single Viper btw, it's rather frustrating.

Vasto is great. I always bring that (or the Magnus, now) whenever I use a short range primary. It's very accurate, hits like a truck and fast reload. I've heard Dual Vastos is also great but there's supposed to be a drop in accuracy.

Personally I would go with the Boltor. It's very good now even with the armor change. It was great before because of its armor ignore, then crap when they changed armor, but now it's great again. Do remember that the projectile is not hitscan though. As for the Hind, I'm not digging its look, especially since my "realistic, boomy sound, military rifle" itch is getting nicely scratched by the Karak. I wouldn't recommend a bow until you got a ton of damage mods. If you enjoy Braton and want more of the same, Burston is pretty good.

wid
Sep 7, 2005

QuantaStarFire posted:

I was just on an extermination mission when the Stalker decided to show up and ruin my day. Through him...Phorid...got vengeance.

I wasn't aware that horrid fleshbeasts were on Stalker's "Do Not Kill" list. Are they an endangered species or something?

The Stalker has a hardon for bosses probably because he couldn't prevent the Tenno from killing his bosses, the Orokin, or so he says.

I'm hearing chatter that Nova's Molecular Prime got nerfed. Haven't tested it myself yet. Supposedly the range and damage of the explosions got reduced a lot.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
I had a successful Cicero in first try with 3 other people, who are not that great. But one of them had an Ogris so he could kill off all the Grineer squads far away before they got close. I spent most of the 30 minutes just hanging around the injector, occasionally put up a globe around it when some Grineer managed to slipped through. The other 2 members were a non-factor. Near the end all 3 of them managed to get killed because they were trying to grab mods. I had to go in and saved them. Being Frost with a Penta against Grineer sure is a thing. The mission is quite easy but you'll need someone with an Ogris, and a Frost. Penta sure helps too.

wid
Sep 7, 2005

Cowcaster posted:

You were also invincible while floating there, and no longer are with the short animation, so.

I... don't think it does. The first time I met Stalker I tried to fry him with Overload (this was back when Electricity damage was rear end), he just walked up to me hanging there and chopped me to death with his Hate. This was back when Stalker was such a scrub you just had to stand on a box to kill him.

wid
Sep 7, 2005

Nitrox posted:

Vermillion is such an rear end in a top hat item that it requires winning the jade lottery 8 times. I've spent over 4 hours (total) to find less than half of it so far :( And that poo poo gets te-di-o-us

Just keep scanning the first garden and abort the mission if it's not there. I got 4 within like, 15 minutes trying.

wid
Sep 7, 2005

Wheeee posted:

Somehow, it's also quite fun, especially if you liked ME3 multiplayer and the devs keep churning out new content and give the feeling of being a benign sort of dumb rather than being pieces of poo poo like HiRez or Piranha.

It's pretty obvious it's because they're dumb. Giving us weapons that are overpowered and underpowered as gently caress while nerfing and buffing weapons that used to be overpowered back and forth shows they have little clue how the players are playing their game. It's like a bunch of writers making up stuff that sounds cool on paper but gave no poo poo how they actually play in-game. They're also not trying to monetize every single thing, unlike Piranha Games who just announced they're going to add levels to Mechwarrior Online, practically padding out existing contents behind even more grind and selling gold skins for $500 a pop (no, I did not typo a zero in there).

DE, most likely got too many idea-men, piling up features while their programmers are not that good, or the engine is not as good as they thought. Like Piranha, DE is also lovely about forecasting the effects of any changes they made. But at least unlike Piranha, DE actually listens to their fans, even if they're slow on some things. Piranha is practically deaf to anyone except their echo chamber.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
A warframe slot is 20 plat, a potato is also 20 plat so the 75 plat is actually only 35 plat, which is like, what, $1.75? Excalibur and Volt are great values for this because of the pain of collecting their parts. Loki is also worth it but Hyena is a much easier kill than Ambulas and whatever the gently caress you have to do to get Volt's now.

I was expecting them to make J3 Golem as a sub-boss for the Infestation maps, but for some reason they don't do that. Instead Phorid is there so everyone got a Trinity Nyx now.

wid fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Dec 26, 2013

wid
Sep 7, 2005
A funny glitch with Oberon: apparently if you used your heal power at the right moment before you died, you got somewhat revived, but is unable to change your posture from the bleed-out posture, even as you're able to use your powers and your main weapon. So you're like this infant warframe that slowly scooches around on the floor on his butt.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
"I need you to build a metal rod with some fabric with something drawn on it" "Alright, I will need some polymers and also the neural part of an infected creature" :psyduck:

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Did they upped the drop rates of rare resources without telling us? I'm definitely not complaining since last night my group did Elara for 25 minutes and got 12 Neural Sensors.

wid
Sep 7, 2005

Valatar posted:

PSA: Heavy Caliber isn't that good.

For anybody contemplating expending huge amounts of cash and effort for Heavy Caliber, please first consider the math behind it.

Weapon's base damage: 100%

Base damage plus Serration: 100+165=265%

Base damage plus Serration plus Heavy Caliber: 100+165+165=430%

Benefit given by Heavy Caliber over just Serration: 430/265=1.623, or 62%.

Heavy Caliber at best increases your DPS by 62%, or it should because if you're putting it on a weapon and don't already have a maxed Serration, you're doing it wrong. And 62% from one mod slot is pretty good, don't get me wrong. Except every bullet that misses completely or fails to headshot that otherwise would cuts into that DPS significantly.

So unless you're using a Penta or Ignis or some other weapon that is essentially unaffected by the accuracy penalty, Heavy Caliber is not particularly worth the cost given its dramatic downsides. And people aren't sure whether Penta's immunity to inaccuracy is intended or not, so don't count on that not being "fixed" by a patch down the road.

Oh, and while we're on the subject of math, I'm sure most goons have long since caught on to this, but elemental mods have a diminishing return on overall DPS.

Weapon's base damage: 100%

Plus 90% elemental: 100+90=190% Holy fuckballs, a 90% increase!

Plus a second 90% elemental: 100+90+90=280%, or 47% boost over 190. Okay, still really nice.

Third 90% elemental: 100+90+90+90=370%, 32% more than 280. Pretty good.

Last 90% elemental: 100+90+90+90+90=460%, 24% more than 370. Maybe not the best choice?

And most weapons have a 60% nightmare elemental mod: 100+90+90+90+90+60=520%, 13% over 460. Um.

Any damage boost is better than no damage boost, but once you have a couple of elements on a weapon you may want to consider boosting DPS in other ways like magazine expansion. Players often turn their nose up at mods that don't inflate the numbers on their screen, but more time shooting and less time reloading has every bit as much an impact on your overall effectiveness as raw damage. Doing 13% more damage but running dry on ammo 75% of the way through the fight and having to stop and reload puts you behind the guy who doesn't have the damage boost but whose magazine held out till the end.

Someone should do a DPS per 10 seconds comparison between using added damage bonus VS expanded magazine or faster reload. Not me though since I don't care much for min-maxing. My favorite weapon is the Karak because of the BRAKKA BRAKKA and I don't even have a maxed Serration.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Ignis was crap at the beginning because it worked like a regular rifle except with fire effects so if you were burning something in front of you, the horde behind it didn't get hit. So they made the cone much bigger and bypass any obstacle so now we're burning everything in our field of vision.

Dera is slightly better now that Grineer is weak against it (like with most Corpus weapons) but the slow projectile is still rear end.

Penta is so drat godly that I'm afraid of Forma-ing it any further since it might get the nerf bat.

wid
Sep 7, 2005

hooah posted:

Now that I'm back to my regular computer, could someone explain how to get the Vermillion thing to me? Can I get it by scanning poo poo in the first area and aborting if not found?

Unless the patched this the past 2-3 hotfixes, then yes, you can, since I did exactly that. The jadeleaf plants could spawn somewhere in the middle of the map but it's much, much, muuuuch less time consuming to roll the dice on the first garden. It's at least 10 minutes if you try to clear the map versus, what, 30 seconds of scanning the first garden and restarting if no jadeleaf is found.

In short, it's a shittily designed event that you have to cheat to avoid the mind-numbing needless grind.

wid
Sep 7, 2005

Fuzz posted:

Also grabbed a Volt off the store, which gives me something else to level when I'm done with Ash... about to start building an Ignis, and my Vasto should be ready soon... is making a Bolto worth the effort? I still have my Lato kicking around just for that, but after maxing my Boltor and not liking it very much, I kind of have no interest in going the Akbolto route... how does it actually measure up? And should I bother going Dual Vastos, and if I do do I need to buy another Vasto Blueprint to make another one? It seems like my blueprints get used up every time I build something, which seems sort of retarded, particularly since money is my limiting factor lately.

I've got everything I need to build either a Rhino or a Trinity, haven't decided which to go for yet although now I have a bunch of more plat so I can probably just build both eventually... after that, I have no clue what frame to aim for, though after seeing Nova in action I really want one. Is the Synapse worth building? I actually have enough Mutagen Samples to build one, but with my Ignis in the works I kinda feel like I should probably worry more about finding a new melee weapon first. I maxed my Galatine and started leveling up the Gram I built a couple weeks ago (and oh god it's so painful to use after the glory that is the Galatine)... I already maxed Orthos, what's another relatively easily gained melee weapon that I can pop out and not want to kill myself while using? Was thinking about whipping up a dual sword setup for crazy button mashy killing, are the Dual Ether Swords or Dual Heats better? Or should I grab Dual Fangs? The short range seemed like a crappy proposition.

Also, what the hell is the point of the Dark Dagger, and why is it an Alert only drop? It seems godawful. I can build one, but... why?

Bolto is outclassed by Vasto and Magnus. Akvasto is also superior to Akbolto. Bolto used to be pretty swell when it had armor piercing which is no longer the case with Damage 2.X. Bolto has pretty sweet sound though, that and pinning enemies to walls. Other than that, its non-hitscan can be a bit annoying.

Synapse can be the biggest single target DPS weapon. But it's short range.

Dual Ether and Dual Heatsword seems like a matter of preference. Heat sword types have a pretty nifty ground slam attack though, even the dagger version. Dual Fang is great if you like to see your dude slashing about like an epileptic. I have never used the Dark types but I can assume they're as underwhelming as the rest. If you're desperate for melee weapon, you could try the Obex or Kogake for a change of pace. And by that I mean kicking boxes like a boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wid
Sep 7, 2005

madpanda posted:

I haven't heard the Magnus but Bolto's main advantage is that it sounds pretty good firing. Vastos are kind of underwhelming.

The Magnus sounds even wimpier than the Vasto. It's annoying because the Vasto looks like a goddamn Dirty Harry magnum pistol so it should've sounded with a lot of 'boom'. The Magnus is also implied as a heavy caliber weapon and instead it sounded like a 'phsh'.

I don't think Damage 2.X a failure. If your expectation is a balanced game with great depth in customization then yeah, sure, Damage 2.X has failed. But so far no one could come up with anything to reach the balance utopia without overhauling the entire game, which will piss off everyone. The current damage system is a small yet still a step forward from the previous one. Serration is still the must-have mod, sure, but Piercing Hit is no longer a requirement.

Someone who said DE is being like Riot Games by pumping out content before focusing on balance is correct. Content is important if they wanted to have existing players keep playing and to entice older players to come back. The more the core system changes, the harder it is for the content makers to keep making stuff. They'll need to pad up the game some more before they could shift the focus on balance changes.