Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

Doing a few Tower I capture missions with fellow goon Sarern.

We are really good at this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

Azzanadra posted:

Also a lot of pubbies want to get the Harvester after them and you only get that by helping the grineer in those missions, so that is why the only invasions corpus win are the really obvious reward ones, in the 50k credit ones, the grineer win by pubbies wanting the detron, It's kind of hosed up right now and I hope DE finds something to give people reason to support the corpus before they go extinct.

It's only a matter of time before the CLONERER secret boss shows up to incentivize anti-Grineer missions. :eng99:

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

Azzanadra posted:

A better solution would be to give Harvester aggresion to some bosses instead, but this would probably be something DE would do.

:negative:

If they did that, then that would functionally make Stalker the Grineer-specific ambush boss, which would be exceptionally problematic, I think.

ed: Didn't they introduce Harvester because Corpus would always win invasions?

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

Vadun posted:

Got my invite to the clan all set, and my clan key crafted. Working on ranking up my Braton, Lato, Cronus Excalibur. Is there a warframe I should work on crafting if I have a thing for giant cannons or massive melee weapons?

I'm also not sure how to talk in clan chat

Rhino is an incredibly good warframe that you can get really early. Excalibur + Ogris (only rocket launcher in the game afaik) + Super Jump is apparently really good, but I haven't tried it yet.

To talk in clan chat, click on the little talky button on the right side of the screen. It's the top one here:

After that, just click on the Clan tab and chat away!

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

Ice Fist posted:

I'm now convinced that farming orokin cells is the worst part about this game. All the other rare mats are easy to get, but try to get orokin cells in any appreciable number? Nope. I've tried Saturn survival, Tethys, Kiste, some survival mission on Ceres and it's like pulling my hair out. Just ran a 40 minute ODS and got 2 or 3. Maybe that's what I have to do, but that's still annoying considering how I now have like 50 control modules from running T3 defense missions and Neurodes are a drop from invasions.

Ugh.

Have fun getting Neural Sensors, then...

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

By the way, where is the best place to get Neural Sensors now? Alad V got nerfed pretty hard, and those are what are bottlenecking my potato/forma creating.

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

Zephyr will be Barkleyframe 2.0.

I am loving hyped.

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

Elysiume posted:

But they can get 20% damage resist why flying!!! Seriously why does that mod even exist.

Because the developers know how fun it is to super jump and fire rockets, obviously.

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

Denzine posted:

Have fun doing that after you've wasted a slot on that awful mod!

Divebomb means that I can remove Heavy Impact.

Unless Heavy Impact can stack with Divebomb...
:getin:

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

Coldbird posted:

Just got the last piece for mine tonight and it's now in the oven, though I'm doubting it will really out-perform Soma in most situations. The crit rate is high, but not that high.

Of course, I did jam three forma in my Soma already, so it always feels a tad unfair to compare anything else tot.

I am curious about how good bows will be in practice, once people who just have to have a bow start tricking them out. They still haven't really added a convincing role for sniper-type guns in this game, really. If they expand on the new pack leader thing they're doing now, they might be able to come up with something, though even then... why snipe when you can just Penta?

I'm really enjoying my not-forma'ed-but-potatoed Paris Prime since the patch. I don't have the mods I need to really kit out a gun, so it's not modded to the gills, but it's more than sufficient to run T2 defense missions to 20 with some goons.

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

Kaldaris posted:

I didn't see it posted yet, but.

PC: Hydra (Pluto) - Grineer (Extermination) vs Corpus (Extermination) - 46.83% Orokin Reactor Blueprint

Over in less than half an hour! :v:

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

chumbler posted:

I only just today got around to playing for the first time since the UI update and holy mother of god they have made the worst UI I've ever seen. The crosshair somehow has become incredibly busy while conveying almost nothing useful. The dots under it tell you what power you have selected when there is nobody who scrolls through them instead of pushing their respective buttons. Power energy is squirreled away in the opposite corner from health and shields, with ammo right above it where you have to readjust to read it, and rather than using symbols or things like a picture of the gun you just have a big mess of numbers and useless bars. Bumping it up to maximum size doesn't help with conveying information at all and just makes it more obtrusive. Who thought this thing was good? Does the universe just work differently in Canada? I want the old UI back.

Also the hyenas in Darvo's mission are pretty hard when you have about a half second of lag, it turns out.

The UI is ok. It feels like they let the designers loose without the usability testing guys checking it.

I actually quite like the power pips, though. I often use a controller (well, did, before they made sliding a pain in the rear end on controller), and the only way to navigate powers on the controller is through scrolling.

I feel like they could easily include a shields/heath and ammo counter in a more central and easier to read location, though.

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

sleeptalker posted:

We're the usability testing guys, I think.

Also, as a controller player, you ought to remap your controls. Each power on a d-pad direction, sprint and crouch on the bumpers, melee attack and use on X and right stick press, are my personal recommendations, and how I play.

At first I read your post to say "I work for DE as a usability testing guy."

Then it dawned on me that you're saying that the players are the usability testing guys. :v:

That's a really good suggestion for the controller rebindings, and sounds better in general than what the defaults are. Since I started using bows, though, I don't feel like I can get the necessary precision on the pad that I can get with mkb. :smith:

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

Flipswitch posted:

Oberon is great fun to level because you can just walk into a room and slam dunk every enemy in there like it's the Space Jam soundtrack, it owns.

Would that make Oberon the Ewingframe?

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

Shugojin posted:

Also go play Kappa, Sedna if you want Oxium :v:

A normal run on Kappa can easily get you ~40 Oxium, assuming no Nekros stuff.

So, something I've been wondering re: vault runs. Do the dragon keys need to be crafted, or are they found in the level? I've never been on a vault run and I'd really like to get some corrupted mods, but I have no idea how they work. My impression from clan chat was that you pick the keys up on the level, while the wiki says that they are crafted.

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

Elysiume posted:

I just assumed it said infinite ammo because infinite clip size would be insane. That's definitely not real, then.

It would just mean no reloading. :shrug:

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

Cainer posted:

I'll give that one a try, it's just when we first started farming Oxium I was getting 20 or so every xini mission, made it pretty dam easy.

I ran Kappa a couple of times with goons tonight.
You can get 50-60 oxy per run if you just stack on the point and DON'T OPEN ANY DOORS GODDAMN!
(If you open the doors, you can gently caress with the spawns, and it is inevitable that someone will do it at least once. Only once, if you are lucky.)

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

:siren:
Detonite injector up for grabs from Infestation on Arval (Mars)!
:siren:

Unprecedented, as far as I know!

ed: PC

Synastren fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Feb 14, 2014

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

Hog Butcher posted:

I didn't make a single Detonite Injector/Mutagen Mass/Fieldron for any of my stuff so far, and I've got multiple weapons that use each :v:

If you're on PS3 and you're excited about this, welcome to the world of lazy.

There hasn't been a single Detonite Injector up for grabs from an Infestation or Invasion on PC since U10, at least. I didn't play before U10, so I don't know if they gave them away before that.

ed: Make that two injectors, both on Mars!

Synastren fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Feb 14, 2014

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

Protip for anyone trying to use Zephyr for Barkleyframe 2.0: If you sprint slide before using Tail Wind, you will get significantly more height that if you aren't sprinting sliding.

ed: whoops

Synastren fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Feb 18, 2014

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

Bob NewSCART posted:

Sorry to have annoyed you guys, I was being a bit dramatic. I picked up a braton, finished Venus and I'm gonna try to assemble the pieces for rhino. Also, I've tried adding/joining/inviting all the goons I see online but I've had no luck at all. No ones accepted my friend request or invites, so I usually end up with pubs.

Assuming you are on the PC, you don't need to friend goons and you should just invite dudes unprompted. Ask to do things in clan chat.

I have no idea how things are set up on the PS4 if you are one of those goons.

i love you all

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

sushibandit posted:

Why no ulti in your build? From what I hear it's her most useful "kill everything" skill.

Considering divebomb is the only other skill that does damage, that isn't very high praise.

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

Helter Skelter posted:

Everything but Turbulence does damage, actually. And aside from the relatively minor issue of occasionally knocking drops into inconvenient spots, Tornado is pretty goddamn great.

Tailwind does damage? That's news to me!

I wasn't saying Tornado is fantastic--it definitely is--but the damage is less fantastic than the incredible crowd control.

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

Denzine posted:

I have a question for the second part though: What's the difference between waiting for timers and being low on energy? This isn't the setup to a joke.

You have more choice in when and how to use your abilities in the current system than with an ME3 style cooldown system.

When I play Rhino and I get into deep poo poo, I can go Iron Skin -> Roar -> Stomp to basically get out of it. It burns through a lot of my energy, but it clears a room + gives me back my iron skin + buffs team damage. With a global cooldown system, I could do one of those things.

An ability-specific cooldown system would also work in much the same way as the current system, but that is way too complex for a game as frantic as this one.

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

Skandranon posted:

I'm in favour of eliminating the energy globe system. As has already been said, it provides a strong incentive to just save your energy for mashing '4' when you see a bunch of guys. I never used Excalibur's Super Jump because of this, and it would have been much cooler if we could see all powers being used in combination, rather than just the supers. I think the Mass Effect system did it pretty well, as you could develop strategies that took the different cooldowns into account, so some abilities you could fire off quickly, and some would put you out for a bit, but you were never 'losing' anything by using them, so you never felt you needed to hoard anything. And I don't think this would make the game into WoW, as you are also still running, jumping, shooting, and slashing away. Few fights are going to be someone standing in a corner counting down timers for optimal DPS.

I hate to tell you, but if anyone on your team is running with Energy Syphon, you basically have a built in cooldown system, except you have more flexibility than Mass Effect's global cooldown system. :ssh:

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

DelphiAegis posted:

Nyx Mind control. Super Jump. Saryn's melee buff thing. Banshee silence, perhaps. Probably some others?

I don't like the idea of a cooldown system, mind you.

Super Jump is only 10 energy. If you have Flow or Streamline, not to mention any of the more extreme efficiency mods, it is trivial to use.

Removing the energy component for cooldowns isn't going to make disappointing or useless powers any better, especially if it is a global cooldown a la Mass Effect. If powers were changed to individual cooldowns, then they might be used more often, but they would have to change the structure so that abilities don't take up mod slots. A lot of these relatively useless powers are removed and the ability slots in the frame are reappropriated.

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

Sandweed posted:

What's a few forma among friends?

I don't even think that does anything I still die all the time when rezing even with it at max rank.

At max rank, the shield absorbs 250 damage. Unless people are dying early because of bad luck or stupidity, 250 shields is only a slight delay on the damage. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

AzureRequiem posted:

I promised I would write this. And God help me, I WILL WRITE THIS.

This will either be wonderful and amazing, or it is going to be a trainwreck worth watching.
:munch: