Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Yaos posted:

I've got some newbie questions even though I've been playing for a while.

What does the little symbol of a person with a number next to it mean when you hover over a mission? I thought it was the number of groups with an open slot but I've clicked on plenty of missions showing the symbol and not instantly gotten a group.

I believe that's just the number of groups on that map, full or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
I haven't been able to play for the last couple days, so could someone fill me in on this Davro stuff? Also, what are anti-moas?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
About the draw priority chat - how did you guys happen to notice this? Maybe I don't aim a lot or something, but I've put well over 200 hours into this game and have never noticed the effect you're demonstrating (although I can certainly see what you're talking about when you show it off).

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
When did they buff the cameras? It can take three or four shots from my Brakk to kill one now!

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

WeaponBoy posted:

Yeah, point-blank aiming is really skewed and is exacerbated by projectile weapons. I was leveling my Cestra and when my gun was basically in a dude's chest the bolts would go whizzing past. It's less noticeable with hitscan weapons but it's there; you still miss, but you can't actually watch the projectiles not hit the target.

Ahh, this might explain why I was getting frustrated point-blank shooting with my Lex way back when.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

katkillad2 posted:

Are there any tricks on beating Stalker when he shows up? Also someone mentioned a farming spot for him, is that PC only? I'd really like to get Despair, it's pretty much an upgrade of Kunai right?

Since you say "is that PC only", it sounds like you're on PS4, and are thus lucky because you can cheese the Stalker by standing on something so he can't slash-dash you to death. Then you just plug as many bullets into him as you can. Some warframe abilities should still affect him, but I can't remember which.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
I've just gotten around to looking at the Codex again after they added the strengths/weaknesses icons, and I've forgotten (and can't find the relevant patch notes) - does + mean that enemy is weak to that type, or is that -?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
In the Codex, what does it mean for an enemy to have [element-type]++? Does that mean they're resistant to that type of damage, or weak to it?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
What's with the loving flocks of Shield Ospreys on Elara? I've played it twice so far, and both times they were just everywhere. Maybe I just don't do enough high-level Corpus.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
What is it with pubbies in survival missions? I've done two today to 30 minutes, and both times I triggered all the support capsules except maybe one or two. It's either like that and they don't touch them, or you get the idiot setting them off when you're at 80% or more.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Am I crazy, or did you used to be able to just click on a mission that was an alert and you'd play the alert (that is, you didn't have to go through the alert list on the left)? I thought that was the case, but I just played Cyath while that alert was up and only got 2400 credits.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Have they recently made Orokin Cells even more rare than they used to be? My extractor isn't getting me any, and running Cassini over and over (20-30 minutes per run) might get me one per run.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Terbulus posted:

Use the extractor bug if you're in dire need

I've never seen the material that got extracted there. Did that also change with the patch? I never used extractors before quite recently.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Also, make sure you don't sell/fuse your last copy of any mod.

Even Sniper Mutation? :v:

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Wait, which screen hides duplicates? The equipping screen? I think I see my duplicate maxed wildfires/point blanks/etc.

\/ Ahh, that makes sense. Surprisingly.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Playing with a pubbie this morning, I learned a neat trick for farming in survival missions: once you get the extraction waypoint, go there to start the extraction timer, then leave. The timer will stop, and enemies won't level up, so you can just keep slaughtering them as long as you can keep your air supply up. Is this well-known?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Is Sonic Boom worth slotting? I know Silence isn't, and Sonar really only seems useful in high-level or boss situations.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

and napalms, etc).

I've been playing a lot of Grineer Survival lately (CELLS!), and really wonder what DE was thinking when they made Napalms the first heavy type that appears. I find Gunners much less dangerous.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

The Grammar Aryan posted:

Also, planning on building up a melee-centric Valkyr that will probably suck, but I've got tons of melee mods from Survival, so what the hell? Does anybody know if auto-parry procs things like the melee knockdown or damage reflection while blocking mods?

I'm thinking of doing a gimmick block/parry-based build at some point, too. Let me know how yours goes, if you get it off the ground.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Feenix posted:

Any advice on taking on The Jackal? This is my first attempt. (We wiped.)

Did you cotton on to his pattern? If none of you have god-tier guns that can tear through his shield, then you'll have to shoot a leg until he falls over, then shoot his body until he gets back up again. Make sure to run the gently caress away from his grenade things, since they can and will one-shot lower-level Tenno.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Is Corrisive Projection still good? I picked one up from the alert the other day and I remember someone raving about how powerful it could be when stacked.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Dumb question, but is there a way to turn off controller rumble on the PC version? I play with mouse and keyboard, but my 360 controller is still vibrating, which is noisy and tends to make it fall off of things. I looked through the menu and I don't see any option to turn it off.

Is it that big of a deal to unplug it? Not ideal, I know, but still.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
So this is fun. As a Banshee, came through the portal in an Infestation invasion and hit my ult a few yards on the other side. Now I'm permanently in the crouching casting-the-ability pose, and can't move. At least it should stop when the level ends?

Nitrox posted:

:siren:YOU CAN NOW DEPLOY MULTIPLE EXTRACTORS:siren:

gently caress farming poo poo forever

Except for all the rare mats that the extractors won't grab.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Cowcaster posted:

Sort of one and a half times. There was one big UI jump, and then a smaller jump updating some of the older stuff to be on par with the newer stuff.

Has the HUD UI changed in that time, or just the system/arsenal/foundry/etc UI? I don't recall.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Cowcaster posted:

Now that you mention it, I don't think it was. Maybe a little bit?

In any case, I remember them teasing a HUD update almost exactly like the one in that screenshot back in the summer, so there may be plenty of waiting left before it happens. Or maybe it was a fan mockup?

I think I know what you're talking about, and IIRC that was indeed a fan mockup.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Vauban helmet alert up for 30 minutes on Flimnap in Phobos.

Flimnap? WTF kind of name is that??

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Clocks posted:

That or it just stops sucking things up for a bit, which is noticeable with the Carrier.

Yeah, Carrier's well-known for getting lazy. I haven't been able to figure out what makes him fall asleep on the job, or what snaps him out of it. Has anyone else figured that out or heard anything about it?

JackMackerel posted:

I was kinda hoping the Paladin frame was an upgrade of the Stalker from darkSector.

Is it me, or does the new HUD teased in the Livestream look way too... I don't know how to put it, too modern? It reminds me of something from Planetside/Battlefield, and I feel like a giant grognard for saying this.

No, I feel you on the HUD, too. I can't say about those two games since I haven't played them, but yeah, it feels too... I dunno, clean? Sterile? I would like something a little more organic, I think. Or maybe just a different font.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Hooray, finally got my Hornet Strike fully upgraded! Now to work on my Serration :(

Holy poo poo, Sweeper is killing it:

hooah fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Dec 14, 2013

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Clocks posted:

I didn't realize putting a forma in your weapon reset its level to 0. :(

Kind of dumb in my opinion, I often don't know if I want to forma something or not until I've played it up and see that I need more space or whatever. Guess I need to do some exp runs myself as well.

Did you put a potato in it first? I've found that the best route if you're not sure how much you'll like a weapon is to get it to at least 20, un-starched. If you like it, put a potato in it. If you then get it to 30 and REALLY like it but feel like you don't have enough mod energy, then you should forma it.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
I've been leveling my Synapse, and I like how they adjusted the ammo-eating rate. Did that apply to the Ignis too?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Pokeylope posted:

Thanks for the advice.

I noticed today while playing that my zorens no longer fling me across the room. Did they get rid of zoren-coptering? I mean, I saw this coming, but it still hurts.

They've worked for me today. However, I have noticed that occasionally it doesn't work as well. Seems to be a host issue, as far as I can tell, since it's consistent through the match.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

It's more of a bug and hopefully it will be fixed once DE finally fixes crewman helmets being almost invincible, but very often explosions from the Ogris (and Penta) are interpreted as hitting a crewman in the head, so your 1000 damage ends up becoming 80 or something. But there's no apparent consistency so all you can do is keep firing rockets at the random survivors and hope it decides to do full damage.

I was playing with a pubbie who was using the Penta yesterday, and he kept randomly blowing himself up with it. His explanation was that there's a bug where occasionally the damage gets applied to you, regardless of how far from the explosion you are (I think he said it applies to Thunderbolt, too). Was he correct, or full of poo poo?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
On a weapon, the crit stat is separated into what looks like a multiplier and a percentage. What's the multiplier-esque number mean?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Helter Skelter posted:

The percentage is the chance a given shot will be a crit. The multiplier is what your damage is multiplied by on a crit. So if you have a gun that does 100 damage with a crit chance of 20% and a multiplier of 2.0x, you'll do 200 damage on a crit. Additionally, crits are multiplied by 4x on a headshot (2x normally), so if that same gun crits on a headshot, it would do 800 damage.

Ok, thanks. The percentage was fairly self-explanatory. Except, what happens with >100% crit chance?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Lance Streetman posted:

So my first mission ended with the door to the last room not opening for anybody but me, and the other players getting stuck on the wrong side. It only ended when one quit and the other clipped through the level geometry, somehow triggering the level's end.

I hope this isn't a common occurrence, as the game was pretty fun aside from that.

Doors not opening isn't uncommon. However, when it's happened to me, I'm usually the only one affected. And in my experience, the door's been invisible to me.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Anyone else running Windows 8? I just upgraded yesterday, and now I can't alt-tab out. All that happens is I see the Windows cursor instead of the Warframe one until I alt-tab again or just click.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Fuzz posted:

So I got a Braton and am not sure what to be aiming for next, gun wise... I know I didn't like the finicky aiming of Lex, and the Lato is so lovely I'm not too interested in getting an Aklato... any suggestions? I'm using Loki.

If you're talking secondaries, I believe Kunai's still pretty good.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Doji Sekushi posted:

Oh good, a skin for a frame that's broken right now. Hooray. Poor, poor Vauban, I can't wait until I can use him properly again.

Though I do hope that someday i can use any steam sale rewards I get for Warframe on my PS4. (Never got into warframe on pc, I always end up playing TF2, but am playing the poo poo out of it on PS4).

Wait, how's Vauban broken now?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Male Man posted:

Someone said on the PS4 Vortex semi-reliably crashes the game.

Oh, didn't notice the PS4 bit.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
I'd like to be able to keep my login streak up while I traveling this week, but all I have is a netbook, and the launcher says my video card isn't supported. Is there any way to force the game to run anyway?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Male Man posted:

Set up remote access on your normal PC?

Unfortunately it's a little late for that, unless I can remotely set up a wake-on-LAN command for it.