Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
If I really liked the MK 1 Paris and find assault rifles really boring, what should I be moving on to? I mean there's the standard Paris, but I'm wondering if there's something better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
Plus I don't want to give up my sweet throwing stars

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

I'm trying to farm a Hikou Prime right now and this video makes me very nervous

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

As someone who only started playing a couple of weeks ago, I don't have a huge amount of forma/potatoes to make subpar weapons useful. So I would want to have a weapon that I knew was good for doing high level tower etc before I started loving around with the more exotic stuff. I made a quanta and enjoy using it, but the default polarities suck and I only have so many formas.

Not that I actually have a soma. I can't even get hikou prime parts together :(

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

I called mine Taco. Then I froze him.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Keeping a kubrow in a cramped Liset is cruel. I am fully in favour of having them wander the dojo though.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Nice of them to nerf the amount of ducats from prime parts, a day before the trader shows up. People will be pretty happy with that I'm sure.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Played through the new quest. Pretty cool voice acting on Maroo but there's no option to romance her, maybe a bug?

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

My favorite is in the new spy missions when you manage to not set off an alarm. "They won't even know we were here" almost immediately followed by "Corpus walkers inbound to your location"

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Change the stamina bar to a channeling bar, you can swing/block/run forever and channeling drains stamina rather than energy. Now you actually have a reason to consider using channeling mods and you also don't slow down and kill your momentum running from room to room.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

I had no idea about the Gorgon's history and crafted it because I got a free blueprint as a login reward and hey, more profile xp. It was easily the shittiest and least fun primary I have levelled so far.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

assemblyrequired posted:

I want a crit based rapier so I can pretend to be silver chariot. None of the single swords quite cut it in my eyes

I would pay good money to have Lotus replaced with Speedwagon whenever I play Excalibur

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

I'm extremely disappointed they did not hold a poetry contest on the official forums. A missed opportunity imo.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Getting rep isn't the hard part. You get 1000x your account level every day, then the 3 rep missions, and however many medallions you can pick up. It's the offerings that are the real grindy bullshit. I've been stuck on rank 3 of arbiters for a while now because seriously dudes, a Bo Prime handle? Want me to get you anything else while I'm at it? A Prisma Gorgon maybe? Maxed Serration? loving assholes.

In other news, I made some castanas because they looked weird, and I have two questions:

a) haha what the gently caress are these

b) Why can't I put concealed explosives on these

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

patchnotes posted:

New Sentinel:

Diriga - The Diriga shocks nearby enemies, and picks off distant threats, utilizing the Vulklok sniper rifle and the ‘Calculated Shot’, ‘Arc Coil’ and ‘Electro Pulse’ precepts.

New Syndicate Weapons:

New Primary weapons have been added to each Syndicate and are purchasable with 125,000 Standing at each Syndicate's Maximum Rank. Each of these weapons can trigger unique Syndicate effects appropriate to their Syndicate, and boast unique visual skins compared to their normal counterpart. These weapons can be traded as long as they are unranked and unused.

Steel Meridian: Vaykor Hek - Forged in the fires of rebel struggle, this shotgun is a force for liberation.
Arbiters of Hexis: Telos Boltor - Bring down judgement, with this boltor crafted by the Arbiters of Hexis.
Cephalon Suda: Synoid Simulor - Cephalon Suda’s custom issue Simulor was built to satisfy her curiosity.
Perrin Sequence: Secura Penta - Ruthless and efficient, just like the free-market.
Red Veil: Rakta Cernos - A finely tuned instrument of assassination.
New Loka: Sancti Tigris - Echo nature's violent beauty with this special Tigris.

Conclave Changes & Fixes:

Made some improvements to hitches or disconnects occurring for players when switching Loadouts mid-match. Expect additional fixes to this issue in the near future.
Heartseeker Conclave Mod is now available from Teshin
Heartseeker (Daggers only): Lock onto targets at close range with a melee weapon, but reduces blocking effectiveness.
The Ceramic Dagger, Dark Dagger, Heat Dagger, Karyst and Sheev can now be used in PvP.
The Penta, Hek, and Cernos can now be used in PvP.
Energy orbs will now start to appear 2 minutes after the start of a match.
Reduced the damage of Frost’s Freeze in PvP.
Reduced the damage of Frost’s Avalanche in PvP.
Fixed Teshin’s VO not properly playing mid-match.

Changes:

A message will now display when players are trying to claim an item from the Foundry without sufficient inventory slots.
Mirage’s clones produced from Hall of Mirrors will now display a smaller explosion when using the Concealed Explosives Mod to help improve performance.
Forma Blueprints will now only drop in one rotation, replaced by the following drops in these endless Mission rotations:
T1D Rotation A: Forma BP for T2MD Key.
T3D Rotation B: Forma BP for Uncommon Fusion Core 5 Pack.
T4D Rotation B: Forma BP for Prime Carrier Systems.
T4D Rotation C: Forma BP for Hikou Pouch.
T3S Rotation C: Forma BP for Prime Carrier BP.
T4S Rotation A: Rare Fusion Core 5 Pack for Uncommon Fusion Core 5 Pack.
T4S Rotation B: Forma Blueprint for Rare Fusion Core 5 Pack.
Find the updated Drop Tables here: https://forums.warfr...drop-locations/
Increased the number of Fusion Core stacks in Derelict Defense Tier B to triple stacks.

Fixes:

Fixed an issue causing MK1-Bratons to appear in player equipment profiles.
Fixed Drekar Heavy Gunners not having the proper drop rates for Heavy Gunner enemies.
Fixed Drekar Heavy Gunners dropping Orokin Cells.
Fixed an improper visual effect on Mag’s Shield Polarize.
Fixed Quanta and Quanta Vandal projectiles not exploding when shot by a Client.
Fixed Nyx’s Absorb not shielding Sentinels from AoE damage occurring from within the Absorb bubble.
Fixed a rare deadlock that would occur when moving in Archwing Missions.
Fixed AoE damage counting towards earning a ‘headshot’.
Fixed an error allowing colors in the Arsenal color customization to be used on weapons when not properly selected.
Fixed Loki’s Switch Teleport being able to pull players in Archwing out of water.
Fixed certain waypoint markers not disappearing after the enemy has been defeated (such as Void Vor, Oculysts and Synthesis targets).
Fixed player waypoints created on bleedout not being removed after the player has been revived.
Fixed the notification for purchasing weapon slots reading that players will receive 1 slot for 12 Platinum instead of properly readon 2 slots for 12 Platinum.
Fixed issues with not being able to progress in Vor's Prize by ensuring players are rewarded proper resources at end of mission
Fixed an issue causing Clients to get disconnected and then host migrated away from a Mission.
Fixed an area where players can get stuck in the wall in the opening Tutorial Mission.
Fixed the screen shake effects on Happy Zephyr not matching Zephyr’s jumps.
Fixed a permanent motion blur effect that would occur after the second room in Wyrmius.
Fixed various localization issues.

The syndicate weapons require Mastery Rank 12.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

You can't even buy them without rank 12, so you also get to miss out on selling a synoid simulor for way too much plat.

Steam says I have 252 hours in Warframe, I feel like I've earned the right to use all the lovely guns I can buy.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

I like that as a side effect, nerfing multishot to use more ammo would make Carrier go from extremely useful to drat near mandatory.

Other possible effects: Any high level endless mission will require a Nekros or Hydroid or some other ammo-generator. "Yo I know you like having energy siphon to spam your fun skills but we're going to need you to equip Rifle Scavenger"

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

I finally made a Chroma because I have nothing better to do than collect all the frames. Is it actually any good? The abilities seem interesting, but at level 20 without a potato it's hard to tell if they do worthwhile damage.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Atlantis Vulcan is my Shadowrun character and he will easily overpower you with katanas and blood magic.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

I just wish that if a piece of gear was max level, it would count as unequipped for the purposes of XP gain. I want to be able to equip a bunch of level 1 gear on my level 30 mag, then kill everything with pull and have my weapons get xp.

I guess in theory the xp system is meant to encourage you to use new weapons to level them up? But in practice it fails because (a) the damage on any weapon under level 20 is painfully low and (b) it's so much easier to just take one decent weapon on a defense mission and leech xp for your others. Or take no decent weapons on Draco.

It would be cool if there were constant affinity bonuses for specific weapons. As in, you would equip a freshly baked pistol and see it has three active challenges: get 5 headshots, kill 3 enemies in ten seconds, kill an eximus, etc. When you complete one you get a chunk of affinity and a new challenge to replace the old one.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Or make guns actually useable at level 1.

So they're going to nerf Mesa? Figures, they probably heard I was getting close.

Sometimes I think this game can really just go Screw off

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Having to pay real money for extra weapon/ warframe slots is the only thing I would point to as a lovely f2p move. Even so, they are among the cheapest things you can buy, and within range of someone selling rare mods/ prime parts for plat.

Potatos being rare is also kind of annoying, but that's mainly a problem of the weapon mod system just being hosed

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Yeah, I couldn't seem to join any public missions either. Presumably some server somewhere is hosed.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

I can see the weapon mods now...

+80% MULTISHOT
+ 1 'CLEM'

All three are for the Twin Grakatas. Curious players equip it only to find out that the proc causes the weapon to occasionally fire a roller along with normal bullets. This immediately leads to a four-Mirage team firing off forty Grakata's worth of rollers in a defense mission, which brings the server to a screeching halt. When they come back online, the orokin void has been replaced with a giant roller on the navigation screen. Welcome to 17.5

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Void ghosts sounds likely, but then there's the awkward fact that warframes apparently require oxygen to survive. I guess you could spin that as the frames themselves being semi-organic and requiring oxygen, but that feels weak given most of them are wearing masks. Personally I think they are piloted by some sort of hosed up jellyfish looking thing, just a brain and a bunch of nerve endings squashed into whatever frame is required.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Seems like there would be great opportunity to rework Ember with the new movement system. Having a "your next 3 bulletjumps/ slides/ airglides are x% faster and leave a trail of fire in their wake for X seconds, dealing heat damage to any enemy who passes through them" would be cool.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Mine seemed to give me 55 plat. Thanks again, by the way.

Cicadalek fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Oct 7, 2015

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

Should be 75 plat, according to the text on the card.

That makes sense, I forgot I bought a warframe slot for 20 earlier.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

No way is the Stalker going to compromise his aesthetic by strapping on a ridiculous looking backpack.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Don't worry too much about being a burden on your team, I barely notice other players as long as they are not constantly dying (and even then it's no big deal as long as they stick with the group). As for feeling fragile, every frame and weapon sucks until it has enough capacity for you to cram some decent mods into it. Make sure you have Serration on your primary, Hornet Strike on your secondary, and Redirection and Vitality on your frame, leveled up as much as you can afford. A good aura mod on your warframe will give you a bunch of extra capacity too. Ask in clan chat for any you don't have.

Solo play is tough because the game isn't really balanced for it at all, but for a tanky frame you can't go wrong with a Rhino. Valkyr or Trinity can also be effectively immortal when modded right. Generally the best defense is wildly over-proportionate offense, where you kill everything the second you see it before it can damage you.

I would recommend a Carrier over a Dethcube, or any other companion really. The vacuum ability is a gamechanger.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

This is a pretty handy guide on what weapons to hang on to if you want to make other weapons with them. I think it might be missing the Knux.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

To be fair, vacuum really should be slottable on all sentries, the same way the loot radar mod and revive shield mod are. Give Carrier some other ability, maybe it picks up ammo drops and mutates them for your weapon or something. That way you might at least see people using the other sentienls. Probably just the balloon one and maybe Helios, but it'd be better than carrier 24/7.

Mainly I'm just sick of looking at Carrier, loving floating ballsack rear end in a top hat

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

It has decent crit chance and there's a syndicate mod available for it, plus it looks cool. You could do much worse

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Monolith. posted:

What are those weird empty elevator rooms in the Void that don't actually do anything?

I'm in the Void now and I stumbled onto this weird room, I stepped onto a pad and then I heard a bunch of drums and now I'm in front of a wall that looks like there's three rooms behind it. Did I stumble onto a locked treasure room or something?

The elevator rooms are what they use for dead ends in that tileset. I don't know why they don't just have the door be red.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Because the one singing it....was you :ghost:

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

It's really weird how your normally completely emotionless warframe feels the need to do an exaggerated "HUHH!??" when they get switch teleported. It's really jarring, they may as well have had a gigantic question mark appear over your head.

Oh yeah and it's also an unavoidable 2-3 second stun that relocates you into the middle of a mob of Grineer most of the time. But mostly it's the animation that rubs me the wrong way.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Sazabi posted:

Gavrilo Princip, John Wilkes Booth, Osama Bin Laden, Lee Harvey Oswald, ever one Julius Caesar spared during Romes civil war with Pompey. All of these people have had major impacts on history. Even though none of them were kings or presidents.
Next time you don't understand something just ask, instead of demonstrating your ignorance in another topic.

This is the most embarrassing post I have ever seen

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

I put Armored Agility and Rush on my rhino and the difference it makes is noticeable. Parkour is cool but not every room in every tileset is suited to it, sometimes it's faster to just hustle.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

They should have made the melee ability into a weapon replacement like Exalted Blade or Hysteria. Vary it up a little bit by making it not a toggle, maybe she does a swing with a huge vine whip thing which uses her melee stats and also spreads poison or spores or whatever it does now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Of all the frames you mentioned, Limbo is probably the easiest to acquire, followed by Chroma. The rest all have long grinds where you pray for the right drops. Limbo is kind of a lovely novelty, Chroma can become near unkillable if modded right, Atlas has like one skill that's fun to use, Equinox has a good kill-everything AOE spell but has like 9 different parts, and Mesa has an ult that's just an aimbot which is still pretty cool, even if it's a shadow of its former self.

Excalibur got the biggest update of all the old frames and is really fun now, he can shoot sword beams all day. Saryn just got a rework but no one is happy with it.

Quanta is still good for killing poo poo. Tonkor is the new primary that everyone loves, mod it for crits and it can clear entire groups of enemies in one shot. Also worth looking into: Sonicor, Atomos, Hek (with the syndicate mod), Dread.

Some of the syndicate weapons are also popular: Synoid Gammacor (good but eats ammo), Vaykor Marelok, Telos Akbolto are some of the most used. They also released syndicate primary weapons recently, which require MR 12. I've only tried the Simulor but i've heard good things about most of them, except maybe the Telos Boltor.

And of course there are pretty good Prime weapons out there if you can stand the grind. Soma Prime is the go-to reliable crit hose weapon, but Boltor P and Paris P are pretty good too. Hikou Prime are fun to stick multishot and fire rate on, and Lex Prime is a decent no-frills pistol.

Cicadalek fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Nov 7, 2015