Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
You are now tuned in to the world's greatest...this thread is the thread!

Sorry.

The Crotch posted:

By the end of this season:

Roll and Cammy team up.
Barkley's skid only stops when he goes up against Barrett.
Barrett begs Gabe for a cyborg-vs-cyborg fight between him and Jensen. Jensen throws the fight in the hopes that Gabe will replace him with Barrett.
Haggar turns heel.
Samus gets a hot-streak that only ends when she runs face-first into Ayla's fist.
Gordon Freeman joins the VGCW.
WarioWare plot to bring down Bowser and take his castle.

Octodad reveals that he, in fact, was Bazza McMahon all along.
Piccolo's hiding place is finally revealed...unfortunately, he was found inside the heart of Flint's wife.

Dias fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Nov 16, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

DrManiac posted:

So is 2k14 buggy as poo poo to? I haven't watched VGCW in forever.

"So long, everyone!"

(Yeah, it's still buggy, both in gameplay, menus and commentary. Hope you enjoy saying goodbye to Cole every match)

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
It will never cease to amaze me how easily breakable these games are if you explore them just a bit. Godspeed, Hopeford, and may your work bring us even closer to a SHODAN CAW. :allears:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Sing with me now: puuuuuush me to the moon...

I'm the biggest Bayonetta mark. It's me.

Also, Chell/Ayla ended...weird, Cate Archer came completely out of the left field and landed a fuckin' Ultraterrorplex, Rinoa just became a thousand times more interesting and Chie lost. Again. In a night where most matches were upsets. And Bayo pinned a formed champion after a squash. I just want to reiterate how bad Chie is.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Policenaut posted:

I think one of the biggest problems is that we just keep bleeding out heels, both established and potential. Kratos, Sephiroth, Wesker, Donte, Kazuya, Devil Woody, Raphael, and the Game Grumps. All of these characters were pretty hated (excluding the love/hate Game Grumps deal) and we just lost them over time. Remember when Donte beat Dante? You could cut that hatred with a knife. Like you said, there's also the issue of certain heel/heel-like characters getting repackaged like Gaben, Ezio, Little Mac, Vegeta, and Baz McMahon

Well, the thing with most of those heels was that a "heel" needs to be someone you love to hate, not just plain hate. People just plain hated and/or didn't wanna see Kratos, Donte, the Grumps, etc. Of course, you could've made them good heels with some storytelling, but...

Right now (hashtag), I think we got Dan, Kefka, Ganon, Feenix, Barkley, maybe Gary (under the 3MB heel clause), maybe Drac, maybe Air Man and sorta Gaben (Think Brad Maddox incompetent authority figure heel) as established heels in the men's division. Kinda of a low number, and among those dudes the only intimidating forces are Ganon and Gaben. Everyone else is midcard or complete jobbers. But it kinda comes with the territory: it's hard to get good heat for a character intentionally on the VGCW environment, since if he's fun to watch, people will get behind him and gently caress your plot. If he's not fun, people will just hate him and want him gone.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Superstring posted:

One thing to keep in mind is that the unique nature of VGCW might not require traditional heels. I mean, in real fake wrestling, heels serve as the bad guy so the audience will buy tickets to see the good guys beat them. I think there should be some analysis on whether VGCW needs heels for a tangible purpose and not try to have them just to have them.

Well, you need antagonists to make for a compelling story. But I suppose they don't need to be "bad guys" per se in VGCW's case - and even in real fake wrestling, that's not always the case, Japanese pro-wrestling doesn't have a lot of clear cut heels either. Still, it's cool to have more than a couple of well-defined assholes so you don't get too many meaningless matches in a show. Then again, having a bunch of fan favorites killing midcarders also works as compelling booking for filler matches.

I guess what I mean is :goonsay:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Waffleman_ posted:

He lasts for one season and at the end, all mention of him is erased from the game, the forum, and the wiki.

If there's ANY audience that would sell that ending, it's VGCW's.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

The Crotch posted:

God I'm glad the Grumps are gone, and I wish the AVGN would follow them. Gaben and Barkley I can get behind, but I will never not cheer against "person who makes videos".

You monster.

(I don't care about real-life AVGN, but his dynamic with Arino-san is just too good to lose. Also, he IS a character, which is more than the Grumps could claim)

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

TheEggsBenedict posted:

If he ends up beating Haggar, we might see rage that'll rival Barkley winning the KOTR or Mac winning the MITB. I can't wait. :allears:

End Game 6: Attack On Gaben. I too cannot wait. :allears:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Pigbuster posted:

I don't know how those guys are so good at coming across these glitches but I'm glad they are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NpFS0gK2DI

Oooooookay, so lemme see if I get what happened. P1 tried to place P2 against a table, and then P3 broke that table AND interrupted P1's grapple, leaving P2 floating against nothing in particular. Then P3 tried to grapple P2, somehow breaking the physics and shooting both of them to a higher plane.

I love WWE 2K games. :allears:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Not-Sabin only knows DDT variations and his finisher is the Bum Rush-Job, DDT6. DDT6, when you can't be bothered picking a finisher move.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

legoman727 posted:

Hey guys, I think Octodad might be a Thin Man. :ohdear:

He's quite svelte, yeah.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Speaking about tags, and doing anything to not write my fuckin' college project: Barkley could use a tag team partnership right now, before he's buried to utter irrelevance from being a dominant champion. I mean, we have tag entrances now and EVERYONE has had their song mashed with Space Jam, so you even have an entrance theme.

Here, I'll even suggest one partnership: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7BBt2anQ4E

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

TheEggsBenedict posted:

Don't you mean John Madden? :colbert:

Let's split the difference and make it a stable. Barkley, Jecht and Tecmo Bowl Bo Jackson, managed by John Madden.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

DoctorStrangelove posted:

I loving missed a 97% shot in XCOM the other day. I loving closed the game out. Thankfully I was smart enough to have the "save scum" thing turned on because holy gently caress I was pissed. And it was against a Mechtoid with 2hp left.

gently caress.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

- Charles Barkley

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
People already did this but I want to reinforce it.

Those of you complaining about bland Final Fantasy characters being chosen as a security force and how they'll suck and be boring and everyone will hate them:

Bryn put LIGHTNING over in the same situation. The blandest of all bland characters. At least two of those three have personalities. Even if Seifer's personality is smug, sleazy rear end in a top hat and Fujin is perma-mad trash-talking shouty chick...

...which come to think of it, actually reflects the Shield's personality quite well.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
So, I miss one WVGCW and Bayo turns full heel? C'mon, girl, I expect better than that from you.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I had no idea who Jinx was, but BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO anyway because I support 90% of fighting game characters.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Game over, return of Kratos.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
But really, seeing that submissions actually work in WWE 14, could we make a case for the return of Barkley's gimped leg? As long as a CAW has some sort of leg-based submission, dealing enough damage to Barkley's legs could lead to an easy sub finisher. I guess someone would have to test that out and see if it's still an unfair advantage, or if it's reasonably balanced in 14.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

flatluigi posted:

So just in case they don't do anything to fix it before the next show, apparently the new site changes to Twitch make the delay between the broadcaster and the viewers even worse, with people saying that the old (bad) 5-6 second delay is now over 20 seconds, with some people getting a delay of over a minute or two. It's not even synchronized between viewers since the buffer is clientside, so you'll potentially see some people reacting to poo poo other people won't see for another thirty seconds.

Chat's going to be a loving mess.

It's fine, we always have old reliable Steam chat that never has any issu...

...ah.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Shieldhill posted:

Didn't last week hint at Gray Fox being cyborged by Dr. Light? DLN. 073?

Yep, and DLN. 073 is also known as...Blade Man. Seriously. :rimshot:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Joanna Cena lost? Booooooooooo.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
My predictions based solely on hype:

Professor Oak VS LeChuck
Frog VS Guybrush
King of All Cosmos VS Terry Bogard
Master Onion VS Travis Touchdown
Geese Howard VS Pepsi Man
Strong Bad VS Edgeworth
Scrooge McDuck VS Illidan
Johnny Cage VS Mega Man X

LeChuck x Guybrush
King of All Cosmos x Travis Touchdown
Geese Howard x Strong Bad
Scrooge McDuck x Johnny Cage

LeChuck x King of All Cosmos
Geese Howard x Scrooge McDuck

Geese Howard x King of All Cosmos

And thus the greatest heel in the history of VGCW is born.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

SoggyBobcat posted:

Man, I like Bowser as much as the next guy, but I just want to see him lose clean in a singles match, especially this 2K14 iteration which by all accounts is a monster.

He did. He lost clean as a whistle to Arino. King of Kacho.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Manoueverable posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3525959&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=45

About halfway down the page, it wasn't counted in the official tallies though

What a robbery, it even got six nominations. VGCW is too real for fake wrestling awards anyway. :colbert:

Unfortunately my modem/ISP (one of the two) was a piece of poo poo during half of VGCW tonight, so I missed the end, but what I could watch was fun. Thwomp Bottom is Augmented Tombstone/GVD-tier as a finisher, drat. And I got to make more Flint's wife jokes, which is always fun. Plus, SALT ROAD NEXT WEEK.

And all of you talking about No More Heroes songs aren't thinking about the OTHER music opportunities Travis brings to the table: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7BBt2anQ4E

(Also, I really want Philistine somehow in one of the two shows, even if I need to buy WWE 14 and make a freakin' Margaret Moonlight CAW)

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Policenaut posted:

Duke routinely has strange matches that are incredibly hype. His cage match with Snake, that one tag match where he somehow soloed 3 guys, and this. People just tend to forget.

People never make investments, emotional or otherwise, on Duke's matches. Perhaps they should wager more on him, and with more frequency?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

TOH posted:

So you think you know your VGCW wrestlers? Go ahead and name them! (See how many of those 26 bonus answers you can find too!)

Ugh, 48/51, and my misses were obvious: Falcon, Mac and Gary. Plus 9 bonuses. Also, gently caress you for reminding me Sporcle exists.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Just 38/45 in this one. Didn't help that I insisted on typing SNST characters like they were actually in the main roster. Missed a bunch of obvious stuff again too. I get Roxy, Cate Archer and Ulala, but I forget about Lara, Jill, Peach and Daisy? How?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

DeathChicken posted:

Seriously, Banon is the best thing ever and should be in VGCW with all the belts. All of them.

Push Banon to the moon.

I was drunk thru most of TOH's stream last night, but Banon was definitely the highlight. The Brock CAW is legit amazing tho.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

PoptartsNinja posted:

Mike Dawson didn't take that long. He doesn't have a moveset yet (and he may never, since he's kinda boring), but done is done!

Oh my god, the announcer name.

Just make sure his finisher is the DDT6.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

legoman727 posted:

I speak for the entire steam chat when I say this.

gently caress THIN MEN.

(Those CAWs are great and should totally be in just to fight Team America.)

Thin Man killed most of Steam chat. Never forget.

Also, Thin Man is apparently Goldust, which is funny, because the last person you think about when you hear "thin man" is Goldust. :rimshot:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

John Dudebro posted:

So now that everyone's mad at me, I'M RUNNING THE NEW VGCW DEVELOPMENTAL

PREPARE YOUR SALT

You are literally worse than Paul Heyman.

But yay, developmental show. Joanna Cena is going over again, brother!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

Hey, so, remember what Jensen said about letting some people go to make room for new blood?

Yeah, that's a thing he's asking us directly. If you want to make your case for who you want to see gone, head on over!

People have the worst opinions. Fire Barkley? Cut the commentary? Fire the fuckin' awesome Sagat CAW? GARY?

That's why Bazza McMahon doesn't listen to the fans.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

flatluigi posted:

Dude, look at the roster and think "if you had to drop anyone, who would you drop?" I can easily see a reason to drop Sagat - I love the CAW but dude's boring plot-wise. Barkley's not a hard one to see either - he's done absolutely nothing in ages and his plot time's long past. His history is a pretty strong reason to keep him on, though.

So give the dude plot instead of writing another goddamned Phoenix storyline. Sagat has a cool moveset and barely had any single matches to show it off. Bison is kinda boring, but his moveset was also vastly improved in 2k14. Same thing with Barkley, he has history AND some interesting dropped plotpoints, give him something to do instead of outright firing him - gently caress, make him manage someone like Hoopz or Cyberdwarf or SHAQ-FU if you must.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

flatluigi posted:

You missed apparently that End Game 6 is the wrap-up of the Phoenix/Snake storyline.

Also the answer to "who would you drop" isn't 'give all the dead weight something interesting instead of continuing to do interesting things with the non-dead weight.' Bazza wants to drop some people, figure out who to drop.

See, take that chance and drop all three Phoenixes then. Plenty of space in the roster open now. :getin:

Being polemic now, Robotnik has got a bunch of plot but the only reason he's entertaining is Wily, that's one dude I'd let go before goddamned ex-VGCW champion Charles Barkley. Show some loving respect, you morons.

(give barkley sandow's gimmick)

Another thing that bothered me from that thread: people asking to sac dudes holding belts/in contendership are stupid.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

TOH posted:

No point in bringing up Barkley being an ex-champ when Robotnik's one himself.

His reign was so irrelevant I forgot about it. :smug:

God, old VGCW had the weirdest champions, I just remembered Snake held the belt too.

Also, Snake's team for End Game should be Snake, Jake The Snake Roberts and The Viper, Randy Orton.

Go RV! posted:

DK needs to either shape up or ship out. He's supposed to be a monster, a force of nature, a reckless monkey murder machine.

He's just been kind of poo poo. I'd rather not have him at all then have him like this.

New DK is kinda bad overall, to be fair. Old face was...eh, I'm not sure "better" is the word I'm looking for, but here you go.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

DeathChicken posted:

Arino is pretty much the best lovable loser ever. He doesn't win that often, but he almost wins a lot, sometimes pulls off upsets out of nowhere and draws everyone in. Yall are nuts to want to cut him. :colbert:

Yep, Arino works very well in his intended role. Also, kicked Bowser's rear end one-on-one. Because he's the best.

I dunno, I'd still cut Guile before Sagat (or any of the male Street Fighters, really). Sagat has a better look and more importantly, a moveset that actually makes sense for him. Guile has nothing that makes me go "hey, that's a Guile move!". And I know there's nothing similar to Flash Kick (actually, there kinda is, didn't Travis do a somersault kick on the corner?) or Sonic Boom, but I never saw him do even a spinning backfist. Or an enzuigiri. Gief got a little better with 2k14, but he was on my chopping block for a while before that. Same with Bison. He has a fuckin' catapult spear now, I'd feel bad if I cut a catapult spear from the roster.

I still think suggesting champions for the chopping block is dumb, but if Segata loses and drops off contendership, he's a brink case. I can't remember any of his moves from the top of my head, only his awesome entrance music.

Snake...eh. Much like Duke, every time I'm about to say "cut this fucker" he has an amazing match and redeems himself. He should stay away from plot for a while tho, same with Phoenix.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Kibayasu posted:

If there were more than a single tag match a night I think that would solve a lot of the problems with trying to shove everyone but a select few into single matches and plotlines. Just having two tag matches would dramatically reduce the number of wrestlers who need to keep showing up in single matches, plus Bazza could run at least two separate storylines that way if he wanted to. One for the championship and some kind of rivalry elsewhere to keep everyone involved. Alas I'm pretty sure there are good reasons for only having one tag match a night, right? I know there's the massively hosed up code that only realistically allows two tag entrances in a single event; is length another concern too?

I'm not sure, but there were a number of tag matches that went VERY long after the transition to 2k14. Maybe it's not an issue anymore, because the last ones I saw weren't especially long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Skaw posted:

To be fair to WVGCW, the vast majority of WWE Divas past and present can't work their way out of a paper bag. Now on the indie circuit and NXT? You better respect those women.

Woman's wrestling never got a fair push in the USA, so people instantly associate it to piss breaks, terrible matches or exploitative stuff. Meanwhile in Japan, girls are breaking each other's necks with the most dangerous moves possible. Also, bleeding profusely. A pity, really.

WVGCW is also a collateral victim of the terrible female character writing in videogames. Not as many remarkable characters, which leads to less interest in watching it. Again, a pity, because BRYN did miracles with amazingly bland people like Lightning, Mavis and hell, RINOA HEARTILY. The fuckin' nWo was one of my hardest laughs in a long rear end time.

vvv EDIT: that too, the less-constant schedule is a knock against it. I've missed a few because I didn't know they were happening, or they got stuck in my Friday night slot, which is usually filled with alcohol, sorrow and regrets - just outside instead of in the comfort of my own bedroom.

Dias fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Jan 30, 2014

• Locked thread