Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KweezNArt
Jul 30, 2007
Sold! Lemme see if I can put something together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KweezNArt
Jul 30, 2007

Doomsayer posted:

I'm kind of regretting setting it in 2033 rather than "Slightly Alternate Earth". How can it be a proper spy game without awful shag carpets and Telex machines? :ohdear:

Just set it up like they do in Fallout, where it's technically "The Future", but everything is going through a 70's revival, so it's like what they *imagine* the 70s are like.

KweezNArt
Jul 30, 2007

Name: Thomas (Tommy) "Brick" House
High Concept: One-Man Wrecking Crew
Trouble: Not So Bright
Phase One: Got in Over His Head

SKILLS
Fight: ++++
Physique: +++
Athletics: +++
Will: ++
Stealth: ++
Provoke: ++
Notice: +
Drive: +
Contacts: +
Resources: +

STUNTS
You're Next!: May use Fight in place of Provoke to unsettle an opponent after defeating at least one other opponent in combat.
Is That All You Got?: As per [i]"Take the Blow"[/b] in core book.
Tough as Nails: As per core book.

HISTORY
Sneaking up behind folks, beating them up, and rifling through their pockets while they were passed out. It wasn't a very glamorous life, but it was one that paid the bills. Well, that and the occasional enforcer or bodyguard job for Vinnie "Four-Fingers" Vitoglio, local mob capo, to catch a little extra scratch when times got hard. Still, not a lot of options for a kid who didn't make it out of high school thanks to his propensity to solve all his personal problems with the application of physical violence.

So, one day, a tall gentleman wearing a long coat and a nervous demeanor ducks into Tommy's alley. He's so busy trying to look back out the way he came for...something...that he doesn't see Tommy creeping up from behind. A couple "love taps" with the weighted gloves, and Tommy's rummaging through his belongings.

Except, that's weird...Why's he got two wallets, and three passports? And Tommy's never seen a camera like this before. And that lighter looks really complicated...

Tommy was still trying to figure out how to get the briefcase open when the van pulled up, three men in tactical gear hopped out, and Tasered him into unconsciousness.

KweezNArt fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Nov 23, 2013

KweezNArt
Jul 30, 2007
Added stunts, too. Am trying to come up with a 4th "Sleeper Hold" style stunt that works around...well, a subduing mechanic...without being too far out of the rules paradigm. Any advice appreciated, otherwise I'll just go with what I've got and maybe take it later.

KweezNArt
Jul 30, 2007

MadRhetoric posted:

Aspects are always true so either something like:

Sleeper Hold: +2 to Fight when creating advantages to subdue an opponent

or

Sleeper Hold: When you Succeed with Style on a Fight Attack, you may add the Aspect Sleeper Hold with a free invocation instead of a boost.

I kinda like that second one. We'll go with that. Will have to copy-paste it later when not posting from mobile. Thanks!

• Locked thread