Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Radioactive Bears
Jun 27, 2012

Creatures of horrid visage and disposition.

Bob “Doc” Austerlitz

SIGMARECRUITMENT posted:

His name was only found after a routine sweep for caught or disavowed Sigma agents, as he had been unwittingly using an agent's name as an alias during an unrelated criminal prosecution. He had been found infiltrating his local police department's evidence locker in search of a device confiscated from a drug raid. It was apparently one of his, and after a tense stand-off where he dosed a number of officers with LSD and locked himself in a trunk, he was caught. After his swift prosecution, and swifter solitary confinement after using another prisoner's digestive track to catalyze explosives, his genius for invention was discovered by prison staff. It has since come to our attention Austerlitz possesses the necessary ingenuity and disregard for personal safety that mark most of Sigma's R&D staff. Direct recruitment should be easy, given he escaped sometime recently.

High Concept: Not a Medical Doctor

Doc Austerlitz is something of an idiot savant. Despite his frequent prison stays, he's invented a number of devices he hoped to aid in escape at one time or another, often out of simple materials. His ingenuity is something to be admired. The only problem is that he often overstretches his talents, leading his inventions to cause himself and others personal injury, or frequently combustion. This is probably due to the fact...

Trouble: Not Even the Other Kind... Technically

… that Doc Austerlitz is not so much a doctor but a con-man. It doesn't appear he even finished schooling. His understanding of science is spotty at best, and prone to frequent misunderstandings about simple concepts. Luckily, his complete disregard for how things actually works does not hinder his ability to invent cutting edge tech, despite the obvious danger his inventions pose.

Phase One: Rolling Probable Cause

(Doc Austerlitz has a sweet, albeit totally illegal Van)

Austerlitz escaped prison and immediately stole his van back from a local impound lot. Knowing the police had a roadblock in place to prevent his escape, Austerlitz modified the van in ways that sane men would dread. Literally hitting the road-block with his van, Austerlitz barreled through and managed to lead the police on a long chase before his van flipped and exploded into a shower of shrapnel and broken dreams. Luckily for Doc, his modified van exploded in such away that he crawled away with only moderate injuries, and a semi-intact blueprint for similar vehicular modifications.

Skills

+4: Craft
+3: Deceive, Shoot
+2: Drive, Will, Lore
+1: Burglary, Notice, Provoke, Physique

Stunts

Presto as Always Making Useful Things
Signals as Lies Upon Lies
Hold Your Fire as Called Shots
Caress of Steel as Ramming Speed

Radioactive Bears fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Nov 24, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radioactive Bears
Jun 27, 2012

Phase Two: The Debriefing of Doc and Wesson

As follows is the debriefing of Agent Doc after the incident at the Point Charlie science facility that left the building a smoking crater

Dr. Austerlitz posted:

“Well, it all started after I set some of that Wesson guy's lab on fire during some mild testing. I tried to tell him that it happens when guys like you set us science types in the same lab, but he just kept yelling at me to put it out. That's when we heard the gunshots. It was some folks executing the rest of the science team. Wesson was going to try and talk the attackers out of what they were doing, but I recognized 'em and thought it best to hide in the closet.”

“Yeah, they were after me. They were some folks I sold weapons to once upon a time. It happens. You knew who I was when you hired me. If some angry weapons dealer comes in all hot and bothered because I sold him a nuclear-battery pig and then made it go into meltdown so I could watch what would happen, that's on alla y'all.”

“No I didn't call for backup because I'm a scientist. I just grabbed all the chemicals I could find off the shelves and started mixing them in the mop bucket. Wesson grabbed the toolbox and started making a prison shooter like he was trying to take out a screw or something, but let's face it that stuff's amateur hour when you got a group of angry militants at the door. Me, I put all my money on 'chemical stew' and let that baby ride.”

“No, my memory gets a bit hazy after that. I do remember Wesson going after one of those pansy breathing apparti when I started mixing, but I just scoffed and continued grooving. Ask him for the details!”

“Well I don't care how bad an idea it was, I'm still here so it obviously worked. Unless I'm not still here...”

“poo poo, am I getting Jacob's Ladder'd?”

Agent Doc was unresponsive after this and continued to question us about being 'Jacob's Ladder'd'

Report concludes in Agent Wesson's debriefing.

Radioactive Bears fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Nov 29, 2013

Radioactive Bears
Jun 27, 2012

I also love Fate Accelerated, but I am also totally willing to disrupt everyone for it.

• Locked thread