Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
Davin if you could talk to me on IRC that would be super swell! I want to drag Peacock into my Phase One but not without permission. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
:sissies:

Name: Christine "Gossip" Culpepper
High Concept: Reporter That Never Misses a Scoop
I work for the biggest news group in New Chicago. I'm also their most famous reporter...for better or worse. Or maybe I should say infamous. That infamy comes with reliability though. Boss needs someone to do an interview with a crime lord? No problem. As long as I haven't pissed him off, that is.
Invoke: A good reporter has a lot of contacts.
Compel: A better reporter isn't as reckless as Christine.

Trouble: A Knack for Danger
Your average journalist only tackles the safe stories: political scandals, food recalls, cute animals doing funny tricks. That boring poo poo ain't for me. I like darker stories - the intrigue and suspense of a murder mystery. But that attracts a certain crowd, y'see. When you've got valuable information on a dead man, you're a target. Nothin' like waking up in the morning to a hot cup of coffee and a mafioso pointing a gun at your face.
Invoke: She's good at keeping her cool in a dangerous situation.
Compel: There's a lot of people that want her dead.

Phase One: The Tip
You know what they call people that take the law into their own hands? A vigilante. But that ain't me - I ain't in it for the justice. I just loves me a good mystery. So there was a string of arson cases in New Chicago, and the cops were stumped. Someone called the office one day and gave me a hot tip. Don't know who it was, don't care. Maybe they were trying to get me into trouble; I wouldn't be surprised. Anyone else would have called the cops right away and passed the tip on to them, but that doesn't make a good story. They gave me a time and place - I was there, early, and armed. You never know what kind of freak you're dealing with in this kind of case, so it's best to be prepared, right?

Turns out the arsonist wasn't real. Or, well, he was, but it was completely unrelated. This was a trap laid by the mafia to get me alone and in a place where they could off me without being seen. The Don sent his best hitman, too. When you've been in this business as long as I have, you see some pretty weird poo poo, even if you don't go looking for it. I ain't never seen anything like this guy though. Skinny as a rail, all done up like some kinda cheap hooker. Really, you'd mistake him for a woman from across a busy bar. I don't know why he let me live. He didn't seem like the type to dishonor a contract. It's not like I'm not thankful, but he left me with an unsolved mystery. I can't rest until I've found out why he let me live.
Invoke: If anything, she's learned to be more cautious. Only a little.
Compel: Is life a fair price for the truth? Maybe.

Skills
+4 Contacts
+3 Investigate, Notice
+2 Lore, Will, Stealth
+1 Shoot, Physique, Athletics, Deceive

Stunts
Mudslinger Given time and patience, Christine can dig up dirt on anyone. She can use Contacts as a social attack as long as she has the time and resources.
The Inside Story Sometimes a quick glance around a room is all Christine needs to solve a case. Other times, it takes a little more observation. When she succeeds with style on an Overcome action to carefully examine something, she can give it a new situation aspect with a free invoke instead of a boost.
Who Needs Editors Sensationalism is bad when an entire story is exaggerated. Sensationalism in small doses, however, can spice up an otherwise boring report. When using Deceive to Create an Advantage, Christine only needs to succeed by 2 shifts to succeed with style.

• Locked thread