Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

Basic Chunnel posted:

All they need to do now is figure out some way to let resurrected party members retain their inventories

Oh god yes please. I've reloaded fights where someone died simply because re-equipping is a pain in the rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

if it were easy they probably would have done it

changing death and resurrection mechanics is an easy way to completely break the code

one can dream though, ps git gud etc

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...
After 18 or so years of playing this game, I have finally defeated Sarevok. What a limp fart for an ending. The two big battles that comprised the climax were pretty fun though. The first one I wandered into without scouting ahead like a doofus because I was so astounded by the new battle music. I had no idea there was another track. Against the iron throne crew, I tossed a cloudkill on top of them after a frightening moment when I thought my entire party was going to be scattered. I was able to get a hold person off on one of their wizards, and then it was just brutality.

Sarevok took me two tries. I buffed the ever-living poo poo out of my crew (F/M 7, Imoen 5/9, Branwen 9, Ajantis 8, Coran 7/7), and wanted haste so I forwent the potions of free action. My entire party was webbed and it went... poorly after that. The second time, I pulled my group back after they cast their initial spells on a bunch of summoned monsters I put between me and them. Then it became a running battle around the middle of the trapped circle in the center, as each section slowly filled up with AoE's. In the end, one of Sarevok's minions own web spells was his undoing. I chunked the last henchman (Tazok I think) while Sarevok was chasing Imoen through a webbed portion of the arena. She got out, he didn't. He was already pretty low, so free hits by my entire party quickly put him down.

The thieves maze was so incredibly boring. I was completely ignoring loot, and since all my guys were at the cap, I wanted to avoid any battles. I found that the critical path has no monsters on it, so that was helpful. Just took soooo long.

I guess it's time to port my guy over to BG2. Farthest I've ever gotten in that one was chapter 2. I've done a couple major sidequests, but I've never given the 20k gold to the thief.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Lucas Archer posted:

After 18 or so years of playing this game, I have finally defeated Sarevok. What a limp fart for an ending. The two big battles that comprised the climax were pretty fun though. The first one I wandered into without scouting ahead like a doofus because I was so astounded by the new battle music. I had no idea there was another track. Against the iron throne crew, I tossed a cloudkill on top of them after a frightening moment when I thought my entire party was going to be scattered. I was able to get a hold person off on one of their wizards, and then it was just brutality.

Sarevok took me two tries. I buffed the ever-living poo poo out of my crew (F/M 7, Imoen 5/9, Branwen 9, Ajantis 8, Coran 7/7), and wanted haste so I forwent the potions of free action. My entire party was webbed and it went... poorly after that. The second time, I pulled my group back after they cast their initial spells on a bunch of summoned monsters I put between me and them. Then it became a running battle around the middle of the trapped circle in the center, as each section slowly filled up with AoE's. In the end, one of Sarevok's minions own web spells was his undoing. I chunked the last henchman (Tazok I think) while Sarevok was chasing Imoen through a webbed portion of the arena. She got out, he didn't. He was already pretty low, so free hits by my entire party quickly put him down.

The thieves maze was so incredibly boring. I was completely ignoring loot, and since all my guys were at the cap, I wanted to avoid any battles. I found that the critical path has no monsters on it, so that was helpful. Just took soooo long.

I guess it's time to port my guy over to BG2. Farthest I've ever gotten in that one was chapter 2. I've done a couple major sidequests, but I've never given the 20k gold to the thief.

Concentrating on doing all the sidequests first before advancing the main plot is usually the way to go in BG2, just make a master save before any new areas you enter, there are a few where once you start you can't backtrack.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I can't decide if the choice between free action and haste is a bug or feature.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Skwirl posted:

I can't decide if the choice between free action and haste is a bug or feature.

Neither can the community. The EEs decided it should since the description says it gives immunity to "anything that affects movement".

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...
If anyone is annoyed by my running commentary on my BG games, I'll scale it back a bit. I just enjoy talking about these games, especially now that I've been able to beat one and port my character over to BG2 for the first time ever.

So I've played through Irenicus' dungeon roughly 8 billion times, so I know the place pretty well. When I ported my character over, I was sad to find that they sold all my best poo poo (according to Imoen), but they did keep the weapon I was using when I killed Sarevok. I had the Burning Earth from Durlag's as my main weapon in the final fight, so getting it again was pretty cool. I dropped Jaheria from my party as soon as I left, and decided to pick up a couple of characters I had never grouped with before for my new party. I'm rolling with Minsc, Yoshimo, Aerie, Anomen, and Jan Jensen. Anomen and Jan are totally new to me. Now that I have three wizards I'm getting a little concerned with the necessity of distributing my mage scrolls as I find them. I'm pondering booting Aerie (because I have Anomen as my cleric) and picking up someone else. I'll keep my eyes open as I traverse this world.

I'm currently in D'Arnise keep, about to head to the basement. My sword is making this a lot easier than I remember it from the only other time I've cleared it years and years ago. I don't have to worry about rationing out my fire arrows or saving fire spells to put the trolls down.

I also forgot how this game just poops quest xp at you, much moreso than BG ever did. poo poo, just opening the drawbridge gave me something like 12k.

Question though: as a fighter/mage, will I get my choice of which stronghold to get? Or will it default to whichever I unlock first? Or something else?

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

Lucas Archer posted:

Anomen and Jan
Oh, you're in for some nice banter.

Re: strongholds, you only get the one you unlock first. In non-Enhanced Edition games you can get both Nalia's Keep and another stronghold due to some missing dialogue checks and fucky variable settings. And of course there are several mods out there that allow you to have multiple strongholds.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

I seem to remember a mod to allow your NPCs to pick up Strongholds you're ineligible for. But yeah generally you get the first one you accept and are then barred from taking others.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
the planar sphere is a lot more interesting and fun than the de'arnise keep

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

Dyna Soar posted:

the planar sphere is a lot more interesting and fun than the de'arnise keep
Yeah, but those are the two best strongholds anyway.
And taking the keep is the only way of getting a satisfying resolution to Nalia's quest.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
yeah, the other strongholds are underwhelming. i don't think i've ever even done the cleric or paladin ones.

thief's guild is pretty fun, bard is similar but a lot less fun.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Just reached the big city of Baldur's Gate on my new evil playthrough. This is my 5th time through the entire series, so I know what's up. One thing I've never really appreciated until now is just now nuanced playing evil is. You really gotta do a balancing act of not acting like an rear end and really put on a front, but not so much that your crew starts disrespecting you. I've always blown off the BG series evil runs as not as much content or supported as other Bioware games, but if you take quests for money or fame (which is basically what Sarevok is doing, trying to look like a hero) then it really pays off. I'm keeping my party around a rep of 10 or less and rolling with Viconia, Safana, Baeloth, Dorn, and Kagain and I'm playing a female Neutral/Evil Fighter/Mage. I wish Baeloth was in the later games, he's amazing and the only sorcerer party member I'm aware of. Having a mage and a sorc is great because I don't have to divvy up scrolls.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

chaosapiant posted:

Just reached the big city of Baldur's Gate on my new evil playthrough. This is my 5th time through the entire series, so I know what's up. One thing I've never really appreciated until now is just now nuanced playing evil is. You really gotta do a balancing act of not acting like an rear end and really put on a front, but not so much that your crew starts disrespecting you. I've always blown off the BG series evil runs as not as much content or supported as other Bioware games, but if you take quests for money or fame (which is basically what Sarevok is doing, trying to look like a hero) then it really pays off. I'm keeping my party around a rep of 10 or less and rolling with Viconia, Safana, Baeloth, Dorn, and Kagain and I'm playing a female Neutral/Evil Fighter/Mage. I wish Baeloth was in the later games, he's amazing and the only sorcerer party member I'm aware of. Having a mage and a sorc is great because I don't have to divvy up scrolls.

I love regular mages because I am indecisive and bad as hell, so the normal spell swapping is best for me. But gently caress looking for scrolls next time I will try a sorc.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Decrepus posted:

I love regular mages because I am indecisive and bad as hell, so the normal spell swapping is best for me. But gently caress looking for scrolls next time I will try a sorc.

Just to be clear, my character is a regular mage, but having two regular mages in a party is two much for me, especially because no matter what I want my character to know ever spell. But if you do some research on which spells are solid choices, Sorcerer is one of, if not THE most powerful character class in the game. They can do literally anything at any time. Mages can to, but require more planning for the encounters you'll face where-as Sorc's require planning with spell selection.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
then again if you choose your sorc spells based on internet guides you will most likely end up using the op, borderline exploit tactics. for example, web + polymorph self to sword spider is a really efficient in a lot of fights but is rarely mentioned in guides because there are many more efficient but more boring tactics available.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Dyna Soar posted:

then again if you choose your sorc spells based on internet guides you will most likely end up using the op, borderline exploit tactics. for example, web + polymorph self to sword spider is a really efficient in a lot of fights but is rarely mentioned in guides because there are many more efficient but more boring tactics available.

I never use web myself, or many AOE spell just because of how annoying it is to position party members to not get killed. My simple number 1 go-to spell was a spell sequencer with 3 flame arrows, set on an "enemy spotted" contingency. I'd set that up before boss fights and most enemies would be dead before their own contingencies would come up. That first Bhaalspawn you fight in ToB (Illesara?) died immediately after hitting "end dialogue" button and I didn't realize until later she was actually a big deal.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

chaosapiant posted:

I never use web myself, or many AOE spell just because of how annoying it is to position party members to not get killed. My simple number 1 go-to spell was a spell sequencer with 3 flame arrows, set on an "enemy spotted" contingency. I'd set that up before boss fights and most enemies would be dead before their own contingencies would come up. That first Bhaalspawn you fight in ToB (Illesara?) died immediately after hitting "end dialogue" button and I didn't realize until later she was actually a big deal.

this is where sword coast stratagems comes in. it gives enemy mages the same protections and contigencies as you have.

cigaw
Sep 13, 2012

Lucas Archer posted:

After 18 or so years of playing this game, I have finally defeated Sarevok.

Good job! :toot:

True talk: unless I'm doing an ironman run or the like, I will gladly Ctrl+T right to the end of the maze.

Lucas Archer posted:

If anyone is annoyed by my running commentary on my BG games, I'll scale it back a bit. I just enjoy talking about these games, especially now that I've been able to beat one and port my character over to BG2 for the first time ever.

So I've played through Irenicus' dungeon roughly 8 billion times, so I know the place pretty well. When I ported my character over, I was sad to find that they sold all my best poo poo (according to Imoen), but they did keep the weapon I was using when I killed Sarevok. I had the Burning Earth from Durlag's as my main weapon in the final fight, so getting it again was pretty cool. I dropped Jaheria from my party as soon as I left, and decided to pick up a couple of characters I had never grouped with before for my new party. I'm rolling with Minsc, Yoshimo, Aerie, Anomen, and Jan Jensen. Anomen and Jan are totally new to me. Now that I have three wizards I'm getting a little concerned with the necessity of distributing my mage scrolls as I find them. I'm pondering booting Aerie (because I have Anomen as my cleric) and picking up someone else. I'll keep my eyes open as I traverse this world.

I'm currently in D'Arnise keep, about to head to the basement. My sword is making this a lot easier than I remember it from the only other time I've cleared it years and years ago. I don't have to worry about rationing out my fire arrows or saving fire spells to put the trolls down.

I also forgot how this game just poops quest xp at you, much moreso than BG ever did. poo poo, just opening the drawbridge gave me something like 12k.

Question though: as a fighter/mage, will I get my choice of which stronghold to get? Or will it default to whichever I unlock first? Or something else?
I, for one, like the commentary.

Oh god, you have the 3 heavy hitters when it comes to being annoying!

Overall, I like Jan. He's the least annoying gnome NPC and he's pretty good to boot. Annoyman is annoying but turns into a solid Cleric when you complete his quest. He's also more palatable is CHARNAME is a dude instead of a dudette. Aerie will probably never run out of spells, but she can't exactly machine gun them so it's not that much better than a dedicated Mage or Cleric. You can do some neat things with your sequencers and spell triggers, though.

I'd keep it to only one dedicated mage to complement your F/M. Or maybe specialize someone in buffs/debuffs and the other into damage? Anyway, getting the Flametongue this soon makes early BG2 much easier.

Dyna Soar posted:

yeah, the other strongholds are underwhelming. i don't think i've ever even done the cleric or paladin ones.

thief's guild is pretty fun, bard is similar but a lot less fun.
First time I played BG2 I ran a Cavalier. I broke the Paladin Stronghold because I killed Firkraag before the stronghold quest came up. :downsgun:

In my defense, Firkraag is so :smaug: he deserves a whoopin'.

On another pally playthrough, I decided to do it right this time around and waited until the Order asked me to kill him. Turns out that the quest reward is not better than having the holy avenger early. For you see, the quest reward is satisfaction in a job well done and ridding the world of evil. aka nothing

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

trying to do an evil run as a barbarian (evil conan), trying to figure out my party

-edwin = yes
-viconia = yes
-dorn = yes
-imoen = hell no

i've never used montaron /xzar or kagain or baeloth, are any of those banters or quests or anything good enough to include them?

having a thief would be nice i guess too

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Well, your options for (unmodded) evil thieves are basically Montaron and Shar-Teel (if you dual-class her). Oh, and Tiax I guess.

If you're running the BG1 NPC project, I think Xzar has a sidequest, though I've never played through it.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

docbeard posted:

Well, your options for (unmodded) evil thieves are basically Montaron and Shar-Teel (if you dual-class her). Oh, and Tiax I guess.

If you're running the BG1 NPC project, I think Xzar has a sidequest, though I've never played through it.

what the hell do evil parties do for thieves normally then

other than "be a thief" or "start at bg2"

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

Go with Montaron, probably. There are definitely worse choices than a halfling fighter-thief, and if you don't like Xzar, it's probably not difficult to arrange an...accident.

Dual-classed Shar-Teel is certainly no slouch either (and making her a thief makes a lot of sense since, given her constitution, she's not exactly tank material).

Oh, one other option: Safana's neutral, but would probably get on fine with most evil parties.

There's Skie too. I guess. (I have never actually recruited her.)

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Montaron works really well. If you neglect any sort of Stealth skills to pump lockpicks and traps you can account for any level deficeit because of his Fighter levels. I usually make up the difference with the Shadow armour, boots of stealth and spec him out for daggers. Eventually he becomes amazing in BG1.

I used to dig Xzar and Montaron as a kid, they were like the wierdo evil versions of Gandalf and Bilbo. At a time when my only experience of Hobbits was "goodly farm folk" an arsehole edgelord assassin hobbit was a cool dude to meet in the wilderness. It is super strange that they are positioned there, as opposed to Khalid and Jaheira though. It sort of sets up this conflict between them, that never really develops any further. If I had to speculate wildly, I would guess that at some point you could either side with Harpers or the Zhents, but it was cut and they were just left there.

It always pissed me off how they made Jaheria into a full blown NPC in BG2 and relegated Xzar and Montaron to a side quest.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Per my post above, I'm running an evil party now and Safana works just fine.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

mitochondritom posted:

Montaron works really well. If you neglect any sort of Stealth skills to pump lockpicks and traps you can account for any level deficeit because of his Fighter levels. I usually make up the difference with the Shadow armour, boots of stealth and spec him out for daggers. Eventually he becomes amazing in BG1.

I used to dig Xzar and Montaron as a kid, they were like the wierdo evil versions of Gandalf and Bilbo. At a time when my only experience of Hobbits was "goodly farm folk" an arsehole edgelord assassin hobbit was a cool dude to meet in the wilderness. It is super strange that they are positioned there, as opposed to Khalid and Jaheira though. It sort of sets up this conflict between them, that never really develops any further. If I had to speculate wildly, I would guess that at some point you could either side with Harpers or the Zhents, but it was cut and they were just left there.

It always pissed me off how they made Jaheria into a full blown NPC in BG2 and relegated Xzar and Montaron to a side quest.

Xzar and Montaron are my favorite characters in the game next to Tiax, I was pretty upset when that harper popped out and killed Xzar and I didn't get to recruit them both in BG2. You should have been given the option to intercede and at least save Xzar.

cigaw
Sep 13, 2012

Safana or, my preferred option, which is to dual Shart-eel.

i've never used montaron /xzar or kagain or baeloth, are any of those banters or quests or anything good enough to include them?
Kagain has a bit of banter and he's a very solid front-liner. Baeloth is a powerhouse and does have some bonafide bearable yet beauteous banter.

If you're doing Siege of Dragonspear, Baeloth has amusing banter with both Viconia and the Shaman NPC.

Washout posted:

Xzar and Montaron are my favorite characters in the game next to Tiax, I was pretty upset when that harper popped out and killed Xzar and I didn't get to recruit them both in BG2. You should have been given the option to intercede and at least save Xzar.
*select Xzar*
"Stop touching meeeee!"
:stare:

cigaw fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Apr 23, 2018

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

There was some mod that inserted the ability to warn Xzar abt the assassination attempt - probably the mod that allows you to recruit him. Don’t know if it’s compatible with EE tho

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

Use mods to move Tiax to Beregost so he can rule as he should while you try your best to not abuse the Ghast summon too much.

Or, yeah, Safana. She probably fits better into an evil party than a good one, unless you go with the really :evilbuddy: companions like Dorn and Baeloth. But if you do that, Tiax or Montaron should fit right in.

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...

cigaw posted:

Overall, I like Jan. He's the least annoying gnome NPC and he's pretty good to boot. Annoyman is annoying but turns into a solid Cleric when you complete his quest. He's also more palatable is CHARNAME is a dude instead of a dudette. Aerie will probably never run out of spells, but she can't exactly machine gun them so it's not that much better than a dedicated Mage or Cleric. You can do some neat things with your sequencers and spell triggers, though.

I'd keep it to only one dedicated mage to complement your F/M. Or maybe specialize someone in buffs/debuffs and the other into damage? Anyway, getting the Flametongue this soon makes early BG2 much easier.
It's actually funny. I was finishing up the Umar Hills questline, and right after I killed the boss there was a moment when I had control over my party. Aerie immediately starts rambling on about winged elves and her homeland. Like, now? Really? As soon as the dialogue ends, the game switches to the cutscene and we get our quest experience.

Jan's little interjections have been pretty amusing so far - having him sling spells and crossbow bolts from the back as I, Minsc and Anomen are up front is working out really well. D'Arnise Keep has been liberated and the flail of ages acquired. I decided to go for the mage stronghold so I told Nalia she couldn't use me as the figurehead of her home.

Umar Hills is also complete, and while the dungeon was very interesting, the boss battle was a real let down. The Shade Lord didn't or couldn't do poo poo to me and I think the entire thing lasted about 45 seconds. Minsc was the only character who actually took any damage.

Now I'm thinking of either going to Windspear to drop off these acorns I have, or heading back to Amn to wander around, sell stuff, and see if there are any adventures to get involved in back there. I still need to investigate Valygar's house, so that might be my next stop.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Lucas Archer posted:

It's actually funny. I was finishing up the Umar Hills questline, and right after I killed the boss there was a moment when I had control over my party. Aerie immediately starts rambling on about winged elves and her homeland. Like, now? Really? As soon as the dialogue ends, the game switches to the cutscene and we get our quest experience.

Jan's little interjections have been pretty amusing so far - having him sling spells and crossbow bolts from the back as I, Minsc and Anomen are up front is working out really well. D'Arnise Keep has been liberated and the flail of ages acquired. I decided to go for the mage stronghold so I told Nalia she couldn't use me as the figurehead of her home.

Umar Hills is also complete, and while the dungeon was very interesting, the boss battle was a real let down. The Shade Lord didn't or couldn't do poo poo to me and I think the entire thing lasted about 45 seconds. Minsc was the only character who actually took any damage.

Now I'm thinking of either going to Windspear to drop off these acorns I have, or heading back to Amn to wander around, sell stuff, and see if there are any adventures to get involved in back there. I still need to investigate Valygar's house, so that might be my next stop.

I might be wrong, but if you did Arnise keep first and didn’t accept Nalias request you might be locked out of any stronghold now. I hope I’m not remembering that correctly.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Lol at everyone who doesn't install the "get any and all strongholds you want" part of the Tweak pack. EE has mostly gotten rid of the fix pack as a necessity, but unless it's your first time playing the game I'd say the tweak pack is a vital mod.

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...

chaosapiant posted:

I might be wrong, but if you did Arnise keep first and didn’t accept Nalias request you might be locked out of any stronghold now. I hope I’m not remembering that correctly.

That would really blow! I'll find out eventually I suppose.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Lucas Archer posted:

That would really blow! I'll find out eventually I suppose.

I think the game flags the stronghold you get based on which quest you accept first if you’re multiclassed. So you may have set the stronghold “flag” to the keep and then turned it down. But maybe I’m wrong! :)

cigaw
Sep 13, 2012

chaosapiant posted:

As long as you don't actually accept to run the keep, you're good to go.

Zeerust
May 1, 2008

They must have guessed, once or twice - guessed and refused to believe - that everything, always, collectively, had been moving toward that purified shape latent in the sky, that shape of no surprise, no second chance, no return.
Where does Infinity Engine stand in terms of modding accessibility?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Zeerust posted:

Where does Infinity Engine stand in terms of modding accessibility?

Very, very bad.

Take it from someone who's made a couple of NPC mods for the Baldur's Gate series - it's probably the most modding-unfriendly engine I've ever worked with.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

There's worse. You can pretty easily create a Bioware-like CNPC with interjections and triggered dialogue. It's in things like cutscenes and quests that things get hairy. You also have to use existing spaces but that's no big deal as BG2 is loving huge. You just have to be careful about map spaces that are empty except in certain circumstances.

I made an Alglorandan (or however you spell it) monk spy character back in the pre-EE days and got most of my tutoring from a Taiwanese modder who had a distinctly Saerelith-ian bent to all his work. Never got the hang of non-dialogue stuff and dropped it.

That said, the only mod CNPC I really actually liked was a tiefling thief called Amber, whose ToB content has been in development hell for years

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Ok so in SOD I took out the crusader camp at Boarskyr Bridge pretty easily, but the bridge bit was such bullshit. The mage has PfMW, Stoneskin and Minor Globe of Invulnerability up and youve got less than two rounds kill him without using stealth because apparently he can see through it. I cheesed it by tossing well aimed fireballs from offscreen but was there something I'm missing there? Is there actually a way to defeat the seemingly never ending waves of fire type bullshit? Or is there an easier way to take down the mage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeerust
May 1, 2008

They must have guessed, once or twice - guessed and refused to believe - that everything, always, collectively, had been moving toward that purified shape latent in the sky, that shape of no surprise, no second chance, no return.

Cythereal posted:

Very, very bad.

Take it from someone who's made a couple of NPC mods for the Baldur's Gate series - it's probably the most modding-unfriendly engine I've ever worked with.

i’m mostly just interested in adjusting existing classes, but the documentation for the modding suites seems patchy. of the two modding programs, which is generally better supported/easier to use, if at all?