Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
I recently played through BGEE and SOD and maybe I missed something but is it true that up until the very end of SOD Greywolf's sword is the all around best long sword in the game?

I have no bad feelings about using EEKeeper to give myself as much of my old gear after importing to BG2 as possible. What is everyone's opinion on Dorn's sword vs Spider's Bane? Should I even bother using either? I know the talking one can be gotten pretty early.

Also gently caress these ugly amnish shield designs, I'm keeping mine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
I hope there is someone out there making a mod about busting Caelar out of hell at ToB levels. Or even better just straight up doing what she said her plan was in SoD and leaving her behind. I'm sure she would be really psyched to see MC, Imoen and Sarevok... Either way just totally showing her up and being a smug gently caress about it. :getin:

BiggestOrangeTree fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Oct 19, 2017

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
Started playing the EEs a good while ago, ran out of steam shortly after importing to BG2. Finally loaded my save up again. I have no memory of the mods I installed but my party was in the Haer Dalis prison dimension and the cambion there proceeded to hit my guys with several greater whirlwinds :shepspends:

Took a couple of reloads and I'm now facing the issue that I've never had a bard in my party and don't know what to do with him.

Also some guy sold me a mule that now follows me around but looks like a mushroom guy.

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
I want to say that immunity to haste is the dumbest thing but I vaguely seem to remember magic resistance in BG1 protecting you from healing spells.

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008

Samuel Clemens posted:

Lets be honest here, who cares about weapon choice when you're a Berserker/Mage? You could solo the entire game using an unenchanted dagger with that class combination.

But what if it breaks during BG1? :ohdear:

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
I agree, it's just that lower numbers are better except in cases where higher numbers are better and sometimes plus and minus means the opposite, that's not asking for too much to get, is it? :shrug:

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
Had a good time with friends taking our characters through many random modules in NWN. Never got far in the actual game.

Edit : God I just remembered the mess that was dealing with the CD keys. loving things never worked. I hope we can do without this time.

BiggestOrangeTree fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Nov 21, 2017

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
They obviously won't do this but I've always wanted to play NWN with Elder Scrolls controls. Sure would beat any of the control schemes the game shipped with.

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
If you own the Enhanced Editions on Steam you can currently get GOG copies added to your account for free!

My modded BG2 game is scary because I can't cheese a dragon, not sure how to proceed. Obviously I could just leave but that means I don't get his stuff...

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
I feel like the trans character was poorly handled because it brought up an issue that logically wouldn't be so hard to deal with in the setting (what with magic and all that) and dealt with it in a much dumber way than in real life.Trans people do not just make up names to stand out and be questioned. :cripes: That's the exact opposite of what you want to do.

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
I've been a BG player since 1999 and I just killed my first dragon(Thaxll'ssillyia) in a stand up fight without setting a ton of traps beforehand :getin:

I got the quest to find Valygar and ran into a cowled wizard ambush in his house? Took me forever to kill them all down to the last few soldiers that gave me rep penalties for killing them. I just left those guys alive and ran past them. I'm not sure if this is a mod or just bad timing on my part walking around with low reputation? Maybe both.

Customizing your gear using NearInfinity is good fun, as well. Changing some item names and colors. Letting Dorn use Carsomyr. Little things like that.

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008

bongwizzard posted:

Man I have tried to do this before and never gotten it to work, what's the trick? It's too good of an item to not use but all the good ncps are so loving annoying and dull.

If you haven't already download NearInfinity and start it up, tell it where the game is installed and all that.

Open up the ITM list in the left tab.

All the items are listed by their item codes. As a two handed sword Carsomyr starts with SW2H.

Switch to the Edit tab.

Find the attribute you want to change.

In this case it's just a list of boxes with or without checkmarks (booleans :science:), uncheck Evil.

Select Export at the bottom of the window.

Navigate to your override folder.

Save the file, congratulations you are a modder! (and a dirty cheater) :getin:

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
That is weird. Might have to use the teleport cheat.

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
I remember KOTOR having an atrocious windowed mode which has kept me from playing it more than anything else. Incidentally the modernized windowed mode and addition of zoom is the greatest thing about the BGEE.

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008

TotalLossBrain posted:

Is there a way to stop Minsc from attacking whatever the gently caress he wants?

Is there any chance an AI script is making him use his berserk ability automatically? I never got too deep into using those.

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
Aw man, I wanted to continue my BWP game, game doesn't start anymore, guess it's the new patch. Should have disabled updates.

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
There's nothing you can say about Elminster in this game that you can't say about Tom Bombadil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
I have no idea who or what Skybound is but Baldur’s Gate, Baldur’s Gate ll, Baldur’s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear, Icewind Dale, Planescape: Torment, and Neverwinter Nights All Coming to Console in 2019. I am having a hard time visualizing how this will work. Especially for the Infinity Engine titles, but especially for Neverwinter Nights. But especially for the Infinity Engine titles.