Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Did BG2:EE introduce any new kits or just the same ones that were in BG1:EE?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

If you don't take racial enemy spider you are out of your gourd.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

What ever happens to Aerie's baby while you tool around? I never did the romance.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Is there any way to keep a Ranger from falling? I want to try playing a game where I shooting everyone I want and being a bandit for once and an Archer would be perfect for it.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Factor_VIII posted:

Agreed. Vanilla Fighters can be excellent archers since they can get grandmastery. Admittedly they're not as good as the Archer kit, but on the other hand they have greater flexibility since they can wear any armor and specialize on any weapon. Going with an elf for the 19 Dex and extra +1 to bows is also recommended.

I ended up using fighter/thieves since I want to be able to stealth, so in the end they aren't great archers but they will do.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Just console yourself some scimitars.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Sleep of Bronze posted:

Oh, and another :stare: for when I looked up the list of encounters. No Irenicus, but Bodhi? Sendai? A cambion? Cyric? What?

The Seldarine took my sex-drive, too. I look upon you and feel nothing.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

I have never legitimately completed Baldur's Gate but I hold it in the highest esteem and it affected my development into the autistic neutral good man I proudly am today.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

I played BG2 on and off since I was a pup and I never finished the Harper's quest. Shameful I know.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Sewer levels tend to be the worst in videogames but they all pale to the Cloakwood Forest. It may be the least fun I have ever had in a videogame and I love the Baldur's Gate series.

"Why are you so fat?" being its only saving grace if you manage to trudge through the poo poo.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

If anyone hasn't seen the Star Trek Next Generation episode Chain of Command, it has David Warner (Irenicus) kidnap the main character and torture him in a dungeon.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Every time you die and reload you have to say "I survived with 1 hitpoint!"

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

I don't know for sure but I don't think so. Because when you run into Xzar there is an option of "I thought you were dead" or something like that to say if he was killed and then the whole drizzt thing.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Dyna Soar posted:

it's pretty much the last "modern" rpg I tried to play. it was so clunky, ugly and the plot was just, meh, and I gave up after like, 5 hours.

I really hope pillars of eternity or numenera will be good.

I watched a video on youtube and apparently by the end you are as powerful as a god but the loading times were so horrendous that I never got beyond beating off 20 guards in some random nobleman's bedroom.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In IWDEE did they allow you to go from dual weapons to a bow? I know this wasn't possible in the old engine. Also do cleric/rangers still get all the tasty spells or was that fixed?

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

I have mountains but am flat, I am made of paper or cloth but you don't wipe your mouth or rear end with me.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Parts Kit posted:

I just attempted to stealth Tazok's tent, which I haven't done before, and forgot about the lightning bolt trap on the chest you have to grab the evidence from. So I went in invisible, paused immediately upon opening the chest, grabbed everything, queued up a potion of invisibility, and then unpaused. Not only did I get the evidence without being noticed and turning everyone hostile, but the lightning bolt then bounced around and killed two of the enemies in the tent while everyone else just stood around like morons.

:radcat:

I don't think I have ever done Tazok's tent without loading 10+ times. I suck.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Parts Kit posted:

How to beat the Chessboard in 3 easy steps.

1. Pause

2. Do this:

3. Unpause:

Now loot.

:vince:

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Cythereal posted:

And let's not forget the half-goblin dude seducing a half-dragon woman. Guy had game, no doubt about it.

I played this other popular videogame where a god had sex with a kobold commando.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Charname, Edwin, Edwin, Edwin, Edwin, Edwina

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

The whole game is a joke.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

I don't know if it is just a bug with the engine or something I observed, but if you use a Banefire Crossbow it will seems to have 100% chance of inflicting decay on the target which will turn it into nothing more than an afflicted lump by the next month if it enters old age.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

You are supposed to reload and say "luckily I survived with 1hp" iirc.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

You must gather your hitpoints before venturing forth.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

insanityv2 posted:

I just woke up and am really sick and can barely think straight but I recognized the second zone of cloakwood forest being described from the words "spider" "forest" and "gently caress."

"Why are you so fat?"

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Sleep of Bronze your posts are extremely cool and good.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Wizard Styles posted:

and my charname was a Monk because I was 13 and wanted to be Bruce Lee. :kiddo:

Same, except Goku.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Washout posted:

Aerie is the best buff bot.

*gets literally mauled by a fire giant for 52 damage*

"Actually, CHARNAME, there is something I should tell you..."

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Woolie Wool posted:

MIND FLAAAAYEEEERS! :gonk:

What are your recommendations for dealing with these things?

I think skellingtons and skellington warriors are immune and the advanced BG2 AI will target them anyway.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Woolie Wool posted:

...he made me my bitch...

How horrifying. :ohdear:

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

I don't care how cool a story is you CAN'T go around naming your villain Myrkul. Or John.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Woolie Wool posted:

Well I tried getting into the festhall by being a customer, but the game won't let my male PCs buy services from a male prostitute so I'm going to express my outrage at this discrimination by killing everybody.

E: well the guards and madam anyway, I let the prostitutes go.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Milky Moor posted:

give us the sordid deets

iirc, the novel ends on the line "abdel kicked sarevok in the head until he was dead" or something like that.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

If I have BG:EE and BG2:EE can I Tutu or BGT them together? I don't have the newest expansion pack and also have only 3 irl intelligence. Thanks.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

fong posted:

For more perspective on these probabilities, that same bot is likely to take 32000 years to roll all 18s. That's years, not days.

Tzarnal posted:

Enable cheats and press ctrl-8 during character creation.

No thanks, I'll wait.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Suspicious posted:

When everyone is level 1 and you get critically hit, chunks often go flying. The gender bending girdle is to teach you not to blindly equip magical stuff. In the BG games, every container is a safe place to store stuff. It won't ever disappear but do make sure you can actually return to the area you're stashing your stuff in.

I played multiplayer with a guy (we had both played singleplayer before) so when we got the girdles I threw the cursed one into his inventory and he, like an idiot, equipped it. He became increasingly mad that I tricked him even though I tried to calm him down and said we just had to get 500 bux to remove it. We rested and he loving scribed Prismatic Spray just to shoot me with it and knock me down and beat me to death and we never played anything together ever again. He was that mad that I tricked him into turning his avatar into a woman.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

You are a 1st level wizard and can either shoot a magical missile that does enough damage to kill a small domesticated dog or reanimate a skellington for 8 hours which is capable of doing chores and other menial work while you gently caress off at the local tavern all night.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Dungeon Be Gone is probably the best mod of any video game I have ever played.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

You cannae get better than the stability stone skins provide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

I just spent the last irl fortnight killing mud golems in the cave to reach level 7. The necromancer at the Friendly Arm Inn stands no chance against me now.