Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Nice new thread!

I am just starting up a BGEE multiplayer game with a friend, kinda expect it to end with just me playing it out :P Should be fun while it lasts though haha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Is there really a bear you can have in your party in BG2EE?

...I want that so bad.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
I was looking for something to play while watching soccer this weekend...
Oh my god I am having so much fun again and its only BG1. Of course, I feel like it normally starts like that but ends up dragging on by the time I reach ToB. Which is probably why I've never actually beaten ToB.

Anyway.

Berserker half orc using halberds running with Imoen, Jahiera, Neera (wanted to try a new EE char), that paladin guy, Kivan.
I think I'm going to drop the paladin wana be for Dorn. He seems fun.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
So last night I killed the Bandit Camp in BG1. The first time I went into the main tent I got unlucky and died. Fine, reload, better setup, retry. I go in and accidentally immediately clicked my team out.

...Only to realize that they slowly trickle out to fight me, basically, one vs 6!
HOW DID I NOT THINK OF THIS BEFORE?!

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
I'm probably 60% of the way through BG:EE playing a berserker...which is fine but I kind of wish I had picked a class with some abilities to use. Can I just EEKeeper (never used it before) my guy into a fighter/cleric multiclass or something? How hard is that (ie do I have to figure out my exact exp to add in or something?)

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

MrL_JaKiri posted:

It's a perfectly good class, just fill out the party with clerics and mages if you want something a bit more interactive. Remember that you're playing the party, and not just the PC.

Haha fair enough. I'll just finish this and then look into it again for BG2.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Haha balls. I forgot that in normal BG (this is BGEE) that evil chars leave your party if your rep gets too high. Dorn you SOB at least give me my equipment back :(
I also dual classed Imoen at 6 to mage, kinda feels like she's not going to get thief skills back...until the very end of the game. Oops.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

BadAstronaut posted:

But isn't it only :10bux: because you didn't buy the in app purchases?

What are the in-app purchases for IWD? It can't be like BG where its the new characters...

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

Deaderinred posted:

jesus how is iwd:ee on google play and not bg2? that is just some weird poo poo. i haven't bought it yet but it does mention in-app purchases which is abit weird and the price is lower than the steam version (phone: £6.99 steam: £14.99)

I got it last night and it is running great on the n9. But as far as in app purchases. BG1 was cheaper but didn't include the new characters, stuff like that was the DLC for the mobile versions (all included in the PC/Mac ver). I...honestly have no idea what the dlc is for IWD though.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
IWD:EE on android already gets a thumbs up from me. The pre-made party it defaults to doesn't have total rear end stats, has a berserker, paladin, cleric/ranger, wizard, fighter/thief, and a bard. (I think that is what they are)

...No setting up/rolling chars? Get on the train and play? Hell yeah.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

armoredgorilla posted:

Anyone know if there's a key in IWDEE to highlight the objects you can interact with on the map? I think it was alt or tab in Baldur's Gate?

Isn't it one of the 4 buttons just below the char portraits? I think the one with the magnifying glass.
E: For android...I'd assume it is the same as it used to be on the PC/Mac ver...

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
So is it normal to be in this second dungeon in IWD (caster is level...6?) And have just about 6 total spells?

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

Levitate posted:

BG2EE iOS version is $5 off at the moment (down to $10)

They said on twitter that's the new price (because android launched yesterday at 10$)

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Is fighter/cleric fun to play? The tablet is tough for me to play on, but I want more options than just a fighter...

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Cool! Is high wisdom necessary for them?
Thanks guys!

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Hmmm. Imoen just hit level 7.
Should I dual her over to Mage or just let her keep going with level 7 of Thief? I guess I am really asking from the perspective of 1) I kinda don't want a super low level mage for the next bit of the game...however 2) I really want to import this into BG2 and so I imagine I need to dual her soon if not now...

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

Rookersh posted:

You only import the PC.

WELP.
Thanks guys :) She is staying Thief for now then!

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Alrighty. I think I have cleared out every area except that durlag's tower and just arrived into Baldur's Gate. How far do you think I am in the game?
Fighter/Cleric multi has been fun so far. Tossing a few Silence 15s, buffing, healing, etc. I have to think that Kivan is the all-star so far though. He just mows through guys with his longbow.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Ahhhhh! I am doing Durlag's tower for the first time. So scary.
Luckily I am not good enough to do an Ironman so I am free to die aaaaall I want. :downs:

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Woo. Just beat BG1. The Fighter/Cleric multi ended up being pretty fun. It helps when you have 20str.
Final party was F/C Main, Jaheira, Kalhid, Kivan, Imoen, and Neera.

Honestly fighting Servok was a let down after the cultist/demon fight and...well what I remember from years ago. I kinda just rushed in, buffed to the gills and slaughtered everything (<3 arrows of dispelling)

Time for BG2~! No idea who I'll use beyond Imoen. I think the last time I played was with an Inquisitor, Imoen, Jaheira, Mazzy, Minsc, and Jan. That was the only time I've actually beaten BG2...but didn't play much of ToB. MUST FINISH!

ChiTownEddie fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jan 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
I told Neera to scoot (for one quest) but I have no idea where she went? Is she recruitable again?

E: BG2 that is