Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Finally going to upgrade to the EE versions when summer sales hit next month. Do the updates in EEs make any of the fix/tweak mods unnecessary/redundant? Also, are the dungeon b gone and the enhanced stronghold mods compatible? I think that's all I use outside of the standard must-haves but if there are any other popular mods that aren't compatible please let me know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Thanks very much head hit keyboard

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Aren't the Shadow Thieves involved in slavery? I recall that from running the guild, although I think you have the option of not doing it. Same for kidnapping people for ransom.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
That's a hell of a conclusion. Oddly specific too.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I definitely teleport my party through the mines every time because I can't be bothered with that poo poo

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

jBrereton posted:

You spelled "chromatic orb" all hosed up

I take this over magic missile as well

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Arivia posted:

Viconia looks like she's literally wearing blackface.

I'm the fat strong minsc, middle of the second row from the bottom

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Xan has always been a fav of mine but I developed an extra soft spot for him after what happens to him in the novelization

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Charname is just lonely and wants a friend :smithcloud:

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I’ve still got my original copies of 1 and 2.

I remember playing 1 for the first time was pretty exciting because my friends and I played ad&d but we were dumb kids so it was a hard game. I ended up just cheating my stats and filling my inventory with exploding arrows and summoning drizzts and go on killing sprees because I’d usually get bored at or around the mines. I did have the strategy guide though so I had an understanding of what else the game had to offer. It wasn’t until after 2 came out that I had a better understanding of the game and went back to replay one.

I also bought the novelization of 1 and thought it was the weirdest poo poo ever. I think it made me stop buying d&d novels.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Finally getting around to trying out the EE versions. I see most the gibberlings3 mods state that they work with EE but none of the pocketplane mods do. I think the only ones I usually use from them are Unfinished Business and DungeonBGone- anyone know if they work for EE?

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Skwirl posted:

Dungeon begone does. Not sure about Unfinished business.

Cheers. Found a post elsewhere stating that Unfinished Business works with BG1 and 2 so I'll give it a shot. Dungeon b gone is probably my most essential mod lol

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I wonder if this is based off success from the console version of pillars of eternity, which again, I’m curious how people played on console. I would certainly buy bg ii for switch if it came to it. At least there you have a touch screen option

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
This reviewer talks about how pillars handles on console and it looks playable to me. Gives me hope that the IE ports will do well. I will probably pause more than usual though to micro spells and abilities.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gTYV0huxa3Y

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
DungeonBeGone is my favorite BG2 mod for letting me skip the opening

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Dillbag posted:

smdh if u don't just ctrl-J everywhere after your first playthrough

Although, it's easy to break script triggers if you don't know where they are ahead of time.

Dungeonbgone puts an imp right next to the cages, you talk to him and tell him what options you would have picked if you did go through the dungeon (eg choosing to help the dryads) and what stuff you would have picked up and then he teleports you to the exit.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
If you don’t like one portion of a game then you should never play it.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Someone on reddit got to try the console port, some impressions here https://www.reddit.com/r/baldursgate/comments/b7hg6g/i_played_the_baldurs_gate_console_demo_at_pax/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Sucks we never got a 4e game. Seems ideal for a srpg but oh well

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Molybdenum posted:

what D&D books are worth a read? I remember liking Lord Toade and a couple FR books.

City of ravens was one I always liked. Been a few years since I read it though. Had a bit of humor to it,

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Got me wanting to try another IWD run now... I had tried it a few years ago and didn’t stick with it despite playing BG1/2 frequently. Maybe after I beat PoE I’ll give it a go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Real