Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orv
May 4, 2011

MegaGatts posted:

Icewind Dale 2
The black sheep

I'mma cut a motherfucker who don't enjoy IWD2. Though I will readily admit that it's not really much of a successor to BG2 in a lot of places. Go here, beat up stuff. Go here, beat up harder stuff, loot it, rinse repeat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
Can't disagree there.

Orv
May 4, 2011

cheesetriangles posted:

Is the only way to get the Ring of Wizardry from doing the Harper quest line? I am a mage/cleric and didn't get planar sphere for my stronghold because I did cleric stronghold first. I kicked Jaheria out as soon as the game started. Is it possible to still complete the quest line if I add her back to my party? It is pretty much the last piece of powerful items I am missing from my super powered character.

Provided you released her then got rid of her you can go find her, add her back in and do the Xzar stuff. If you're not romancing her at the end of the Xzar stuff it more or less immediately triggers the following stuff instead of having to wait. If you've already completed Xzar's quest you are hosed.

Orv fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Nov 20, 2013

Orv
May 4, 2011

Airfoil posted:

On Steam, or just Beamdog's service?

Steam updated 2 hours ago.

Orv
May 4, 2011

LibbyM posted:

I'm having an issue in baldur's gate 1 where mouse edge scrolling doesn't work on the left side of the screen, but does work everywhere else.

Two monitors?

Orv
May 4, 2011
Hell I'll take an expansion-sized version of Watcher's Keep if they're willing to give it. That kind of content anyway.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Badcounterpoint posted:

So finished BG1 is BG2 the same length? Because I am looking for a good time sink.

They average out about the same if you do them down to the marrow.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Badcounterpoint posted:

Ok cool. And I am able to import my dude correct?

You are. You will however lose anything in your inventory, except Pantaloons.

Orv
May 4, 2011
For all its problems, I really like Watcher's Keep for its variety of "Hey here's all this D&D poo poo we couldn't figure out how to stuff in the main game."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
Even as someone who enjoys the original NWN campaign, it suffers from a distinctly 2000s RPG problem of a weak, nigh-pointless middle section. Without spoiling it on the off-chance, you spend a lot of time in the middle of that campaign doing things that are almost pointless in the grand scheme of things, with long, annoying dungeons filled with the same five monsters. You learn something important at the end of that section but everything before that is pretty much just D&D Busywork: The Game.

I still think it's worth playing once because of the first and final thirds being neat, having some cool FR bits, but if you do play it and you find yourself in another cave with more bugbears and you quit, I'll be the first not to hold it against you.