Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Badcounterpoint
Mar 5, 2014
So I am about to start Baulder's Gate "enhanced edition" (got it on steam a long time ago.) Any suggestions on what class to start with as a new player?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badcounterpoint
Mar 5, 2014

Basic Chunnel posted:

How new are you to 2E D&D? An inquisitor or berserker are both highly effective through the series and easy to use.

Never played any D&D to be honest, this will be my first adventure into it. I think that I might take your advice, though a paladin sounded good too. It just seems like a really complicated game to start, but looks fun.

Badcounterpoint
Mar 5, 2014
Thanks! I am really excited to start, I grew up with games like planescape:torment and Arcanum, so I have been looking for a game to play like this for a while.

Badcounterpoint
Mar 5, 2014
So finished BG1 is BG2 the same length? Because I am looking for a good time sink.

Badcounterpoint
Mar 5, 2014
Ok cool. And I am able to import my dude correct?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badcounterpoint
Mar 5, 2014
Thats lame, but i guess it helps you not break the game right away. I assume you don't keep your party. I have been doing my best to not look stuff up to keep from getting spoilers.