Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rolling Scissors
Jul 22, 2005

Turn off the fountain dear, it's just me.
Nap Ghost
So I pick up Neera at Wild Forest for the first time and she's stuck into a VO-loop like she's being clicked on constantly. If I travel to somewhere else, shes fine, but go back and the VO-spam resumes. Sent the save-file to Beamdog, maybe they can do something with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolling Scissors
Jul 22, 2005

Nap Ghost

Mzbundifund posted:

Haha what? The extended editions are buggy as all get out, and not the fun kind of bugs. The very first quest in the very first area of the first game is literally impossible to complete.

Firebeads scroll? The latest BGEE megapatch finally fixed that.

Rolling Scissors
Jul 22, 2005

Nap Ghost
Do the books say anything about how clean elven arses are?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oegNXEujKXo

Rolling Scissors
Jul 22, 2005

Nap Ghost

Slashrat posted:

Not necessarily the one you want her to cast, however.

When Neera turned the Shadow Dragon to stone with a wild surge all was forgiven.

Rolling Scissors
Jul 22, 2005

Nap Ghost

Mahasamatman posted:

Has anyone successfully installed Dungeon-be-gone (mod that removes the first dungeon from the game) onto BG2EE? I tried running the setup in the EE folder, but it says 'FATAL ERROR: ("Not a game directory")'

I managed to install it on the Steam version and it worked fine for awhile, but now the dialogue strings are replaced with what seem like the credits of the game? It still works though, I can get Yoshimo by pressing 1-2-2.

Rolling Scissors
Jul 22, 2005

Nap Ghost
Talking about dealing with wizards, I always set up a trap cluster for the Cowled Wizard Enforcers. I ain't paying for no certificate. :fuckoff:

Rolling Scissors
Jul 22, 2005

Nap Ghost

DeathChicken posted:

You know, I probably shouldn't have dropped 20,000 gold on the Shield of Balduran when I still needed to do the 20,000 for Imoen thing. But man it was fun sending Korgan into the Unseeing Eye's lair and having him solo everything.

I did that once with solo play and forgot that Elder Orbs can cast imprisonment which the shield won't deflect. Oops.

Rolling Scissors
Jul 22, 2005

Nap Ghost

kingcom posted:

Wait what. I played through it and saw many a broken thing, what quest broke and when was the patch to break it?

Inside the inn, right next to where you start, you find Firebead who wants a scroll of identify from the guy that runs around the courtyard. You couldn't get the scroll from him when you talked to the guy (pickpocket didn't work either) and the quest couldn't be completed. Not really a game breaker for something like 50 xp but it was an ill omen for things to come...

Rolling Scissors fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Jan 20, 2014

Rolling Scissors
Jul 22, 2005

Nap Ghost

Draile posted:

In the original games weapon mastery was greatly weakened from BG to BG2. Which system do the enhanced editions use?

BG2EE used to be like vanilla BG2 but it was fixed in version 1.2.2030:

quote:

#7076: Weapon Mastery (as well as High Mastery and Grand Mastery) now grants the correct (as advertised) bonuses to THAC0, Damage, and APR.

Full patch notes: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/24852/bgii-ee-1-2-2030-11-20-2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolling Scissors
Jul 22, 2005

Nap Ghost

verybad posted:

And I'm pretty sure its that inspirational quality that the right music possesses that made ancient people associate music with magic and gods. What's your point, exactly? Yes, I know, every NPC bard gets the same bard song (well, except the Skald/Jester variants since there are none of those in the games), but you know, even that one is pretty loving magical when you think about it: it's not only an inspiring song, it's a one that makes the listeners completely and utterly fearless - even Khalid will fight to the death under the spell of that song, and no magical spell of fear will affect anyone listening, nor can it be dispelled. Sounds pretty godly to me. (Oh, and incidentally, Gandalf's - a demigod of sorts - major magic power in Lord of the Rings was the ability to inspire people to fight Evil.)

I mean, you could totally interpret the Bhaalspawn Bard PC's Song special ability as just a really catchy tune or whatever, but why would you want to?

I always thought of bards as kind of rune singers of Kalevala, the place Mielikki comes from originally and where a rap battle is how wizards duel.

http://www.aaronshep.com/extras/Kalevala_note2.html posted:

In the Kalevala, magic is made by singing special runes. The text of many such runes is included in the Kalevala itself, though more powerful ones are generally just mentioned and left to the reader’s imagination. Magical runes were identical to other runes in form and recital, but they differed in content and purpose. For instance they often petitioned gods or spirits, or spoke of origins. Singing about the origin of a thing was believed to give the singer power over it.

According to the ancient beliefs, anyone could use the magic runes, but great magicians like Väinämöinen and Louhi knew more runes and more powerful ones than common people did.

Väinämöinen (think Gandalf) is the guy that can sing so hard that it makes all the lakes of the land boil and the earth to shake, and to top it all off, will make you sink into a bog which is kinda underwhelming really...