Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.

Ddraig posted:

Here's a cool little thing for those new to BG2.

Get a Rogue Stone, and go to the Bridge District. There's a house there which you can now enter. Thank me later.

First thing that'll probably happen is they'll disintegrated by that trap on the door :allears:

Buying Azuredge and Shield of Balduran actually makes that fight laughable even at low levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Protection from Magical Weapons should stop it. The int drain is from their physical attack which count as magic weapons iirc.

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

I think thieves get kinda hosed in ToB, tons of demons and bosses that see through invis, way less fights where you can set up traps beforehand. Seems like most of their kit is gimped during the important fights.

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Accretionist posted:

Anyone use Detect Illusion? I pumped it up to 100 on my F/M/T and it's pretty handy. Find Traps is like a slow-casting True Sight now. I read elsewhere that it can dispel Project Image and Simulacrum, too. Any of you actually experience that?

Is there any way to address that like non-detection or something?

Detect illusion is pretty handy in conjunction with staff of the magi, you just invis and stand there for a bit.

Cloak of Non-detection foils like, True Sight, but I think stuff like dragons and demons just inherently see through invis.

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Basic Chunnel posted:

Many of the BG1 CNPCs are in BG2, just not as joinables. Paladin guy ends up being one of the the knights you kill in the Windspear Hills. Garrick is mentioned by a bard in Trademeet. Faldorn is the shadow Druid taking over the grove. Quayle's in the circus, Tiax is in spellhold, Xzar and Monteron show up in the Harper quest, the evil bard and his lover show up in one of the post-Underdark forest areas (you can save him, possibly, but it's hard). Xan, the dwarves, the ranger, and the Tempus priestess are all absent afaik.

Xan and Branwen were in the tutorial.

Yes there is a tutorial.

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

King Doom posted:

Took me a minute to work out what sword you meant, but yeah, it gives +4 against some enemies and is pretty easy to get hold of relatively early on. It's easy to miss though, since if you don't ignore cernd when you meet him in the swamp he teleports you right past the fight where you get it. A nice partner for that sword is daystar. You get that from a liche in a hidden back room of the inn at the city gates. It's piss easy to do if you use a protection from undead scroll on someone and send them in solo. The liche will just stand there and be killed. Daystar gives +4 against some enemies as well but usually works as a +2.

Daystar's actually in the chest next to him, so you don't even need to do all that. Just dump a thief in there, grab the sword and run. It's usually the first thing I do when I get out of Chateau Irenicus.

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

inscrutable horse posted:

Kangaxx is great for hoarders like me, because it's one of those instances where it's "legitimate" to use those rare consumables, like those scrolls of prot. magic/undead and so on.

If you were a true hoarder you'd of course use a simulacrum off Vhailor's helm to cast the scrolls and not waste the originals.

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

oswald ownenstein posted:

Of course it needs an EE, if nothing else just for more content and cashing in on an old IP to help generate buzz for an infinity engine 3.0 :colbert:

we're already getting another infinity engine game though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

There is, go into gameplay options and enable always run.