Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnimeJune
Dec 3, 2007

"We're dead. Bartowski's got a gun."

BigRed0427 posted:

Just wanted to say this though: Fixer Upper is the worst song Disney ever made. Off the top of my head I can't think of something worse. This almost ruined the movie for me.
I believe that honour goes to Danny Elfman's wretched 'Kidnap the Sandy Claws' from Nightmare Before Christmas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

AnimeJune posted:

I believe that honour goes to Danny Elfman's wretched 'Kidnap the Sandy Claws' from Nightmare Before Christmas.

I will fight you.

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW
People, people, please.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxLpnFJUTWU

AnimeJune
Dec 3, 2007

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I will fight you.
The rest of the music from that movie's exemplary and the score is amazing. But do you honestly think "Kidnap the Sandy Claws" is the best song of the bunch? Discordant, simplistic tune; lame, meandering lyrics that don't even rhyme (It rhymes "bag" with "sad" - really Danny Elfman? And it uses the lyric "lock him up for 90 years" twice because writing lyrics is hard, apparently), and all of it screeched by bratty kids.

I've said this before. Danny Elfman is an amazing composer, singer and performer but he needs to hire a lyricist. He can't write lyrics for poo poo.

OMG, LaughMyselfTo - I *love* that song! "Make the mounds big, boys! I'd help you to dig, boys, but I've got this crick in me spine!" See, THOSE are lyrics!

AnimeJune fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Nov 30, 2013

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

AnimeJune posted:

The rest of the music from that movie's exemplary and the score is amazing. But do you honestly think "Kidnap the Sandy Claws" is the best song of the bunch? Discordant, simplistic tune; lame, meandering lyrics that don't even rhyme (It rhymes "bag" with "sad" - really Danny Elfman? And it uses the lyric "lock him up for 90 years" twice because writing lyrics is hard, apparently), and all of it screeched by bratty kids.

I've said this before. Danny Elfman is an amazing composer, singer and performer but he needs to hire a lyricist. He can't write lyrics for poo poo.

To a man in Kentucky, I'm Mr. Unlucky,
and I'm known throughout England and France!

sursumdeorsum
Jan 10, 2010

AnimeJune posted:

This is a horrible opinion and you should feel bad about yourself for having it.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

AnimeJune posted:

This poster needs to be locked up for ninety years.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Yeah that song is awesome. It's not the best of the movie but it's not bad at all. I think the one song with Jack and Sally is pretty bad though

Uh do you mean "people, people, please listen to this loving awesome song from Pocahontas"??

AnimeJune
Dec 3, 2007

turtlecrunch posted:

This poster needs to be locked up for ninety years.
Locked up … twice? Because he couldn't come up with another line?

I still love "What's This" and "This is Halloween" and "Making Christmas." I just hate the one song that has no real point and is sung by literally the worst characters in the film. I didn't think this was the least popular of all opinions ever.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

AnimeJune posted:

They're supposed to be bratty, it accomplishes exactly what it sets out to do. I'm not going to defend the lyrics, but it's paired with some great visual gags and "discordant" is exactly what the trio calls for.

It's not even the worst song in the film, considering that Sally's Song exists. When Jack Skellington is depressed he gets a huge range of emotion -- regret, monomania, anger, nostalgia, determination. Sally is a decent and funny character, don't get me wrong, but her musical number consists of her moping.

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Nov 30, 2013

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

AnimeJune posted:

Locked up … twice? Because he couldn't come up with another line?

I still love "What's This" and "This is Halloween" and "Making Christmas." I just hate the one song that has no real point and is sung by literally the worst characters in the film. I didn't think this was the least popular of all opinions ever.

Don't worry, it's my least favorite by a league.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
This movie hit closer to home than I expected.

The biggest theme I take away is the power of sibling love. Elsa and Anna fight and struggle and have their differences, but Anna doesn't give up on her sister for one simple reason--she's her sister. In the end that ends up saving both women, in a brilliant plot twist. Everyone assumes that True Love means a kiss by Prince Charming to save Anna, but it ends up being a simple gesture by Elsa, who thought she lost her sister.

Throughout all their struggles, Elsa and Anna never gave up their love for each other. That deep, unconditional bond for family resonated with me so strong I might argue it's the best love story I've seen in a Disney movie.

FROZEN made me laugh and was visually gorgeous with awesome songs, but that theme reminded me of the complicated relationship I have with my own siblings. I haven't talked to my sister in a while, but now I want to see this movie with her together. It's not often a movie stirs strong feelings like that in me, but FROZEN pulled it off.

This movie knocked me off my feet in more personal ways than I was expecting. Disney, you bastards, you pulled it off again. :unsmith:

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Thought the music score was pretty bland and had no real direction. The story was kind of boring, the music didn't help, and found that I could not get in to the characters. They all seemed two dimensional. Had tons of potential but despite the developement time the whole movie felt rushed. Gorgeous animation though but felt like a step back in quality overall. My wife was amped up for this film and almost walked out.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I was bothered that Disney was billing it as a musical because I expected the movie to be the usual movie with five songs scattered about. I was very happy to find that there was a song every 5-10 minutes, and actually felt cheated when I realized that there were no more songs past the climax.

Really liked this movie a lot; certainly my favorite non-Pixar Disney film of the last decade, and I really hope Disney makes more of these. If I had one complaint (and it's a very very minor complaint) it was that it was way too haphazard how at the very end Elsa literally just says "oh of course, love", and everything is fixed. I mean, I get that she had just gone through a transformative moment beforehand but the way she instantly went from zero control to full control while saying that made it seem like she just flipped a love switch inside her.

Argue fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Nov 30, 2013

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Everybody bitching about bad songs forgot "A Guy Like You."
How Dare You.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Das Boo posted:

How Dare You.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

We tried to forget. We tried!

Jay O
Oct 9, 2012

being a zombie's not so bad
once you get used to it
Oh, are we talking about bad Disney music? :haw:

Das Boo posted:

How Dare You.

This. You guys want lovely Disney songs? You gotta dig a little deeper. (<-- Erm, that's not one of them.) But Mine, Mine, Mine is awesome. :colbert: The entire Pocahontas soundtrack is crazy-good and deserves a much better film, as does the incredible proficiency of the animation.

But "A Guy Like You" is baaaad. Even if it rhymes "Adonis" with "croissant is," which is bizarrely impressive, it's some of the most lopsided, uninspired and lazy Menken composition until...um...Tangled. (I'msorryit'strue. Tangledscoreisjustkindaokay.) And it does nothing for the movie. Feels like it's from a different musical entirely. Blegh, just awful.

Still, the score for Frozen was great, rock trolls feeling like they were from another movie aside, the song was fine. All the songs accomplished something in the story, varied in style and composition but all felt like part of the same libretto...I dunno, I thought it was the best Disney musical soundtrack in nearly a decade. Perfect blend of clever and conversational lyrically (a lot of great theming with 'door' imagery too that didn't feel super-obvious), a lot of neat stage musical tricks like the story progression in "Do You Want to Build a Snowman?" and the "For the First Time in Forever" reprise. And yeah, not to mention Let it Go is one of the best showstoppers in Disney musical history. Just really goddamn good. I missed really musical-y Disney vs. "Disney movies with songs put in them." The only hiccup was the lack of any songs in the last act, but given how much stuff has to happen in that short a time period, maybe anything more than a tiny reprise would have killed the pacing.

Anyway. If we're talking the worst songs in a Disney musical, leave the 90s alone. Even Hercules has better music than most any of the material from the 60s through the 80s. Holy gently caress, guys, that was a bad time. The music in Snow White, Pinocchio, or Cinderella is dated, far from modern musical trends, but it's not bad music. 101 Dalmatians got off okay. But almost everything after that is dire.

If only stuff post 2nd renaissance is fair game, I submit to you Brother Bear, which did the Tarzan "a musical but not really a musical guys" thing but with thousandfold worse results. It has like four songs. And they all hurt.

(Also, on the note of Nightmare Before Christmas, Kidnap the Sandy Claws is pretty wonky, but Making Christmas jumps to my mind as the worst song in the movie.)

[/OffTopicMusicalObsessiveness]

Talkin' bout Frozen overall, I loved it. Loooooved it. It kinda felt like the Beauty and the Beast to Tangled's Little Mermaid, in the sense that it came from the same school as its predecessor but more refined based on the strengths and with fewer weaknesses than what came before. I thought it was downright inspired in many ways, probably the most thoughtful, subtle, and funny Disney movie in years and years. I'd put it up there with that 2nd renaissance stuff. Want to go see it again like right now. :neckbeard:

Jay O fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Nov 30, 2013

AnimeJune
Dec 3, 2007

Argue posted:

I was bothered that Disney was billing it as a musical because I expected the movie to be the usual movie with five songs scattered about. I was very happy to find that there was a song every 5-10 minutes, and actually felt cheated when I realized that there were no more songs past the climax.

Really liked this movie a lot; certainly my favorite non-Pixar Disney film of the last decade, and I really hope Disney makes more of these. If I had one complaint (and it's a very very minor complaint) it was that it was way too haphazard how at the very end Elsa literally just says "oh of course, love", and everything is fixed. I mean, I get that she had just gone through a transformative moment beforehand but the way she instantly went from zero control to full control while saying that made it seem like she just flipped a love switch inside her.

I kind of agree with this. Elsa's powers ARE worsened because of a lack of love. Thanks to her misguided parents, her problems are twofold: 1) she hates herself and her powers ("Conceal") and 2) she's disconnected from others ("don't feel"). She solves the first problem with "Let It Go," when she stops repressing her powers and embraces them in all their awesomeness. But she's not completely cured because she still feels she has to keep away from others ("I am alone, but I am free"). She's not able or willing to emotionally engage with others so she doesn't have the power to remove the winter.

I think this might have been solved if they'd let her be a little more proactive in the finale, if she started actively using her powers to protect the sister she loved and found that it was easier to control them, that would have worked. Instead she kind of wanders around in a daze.

BUT - at the same time, I kind of liked that the problem was ultimately solved without magical powers. Anna, the second sister, who's only a princess and has no powers or special abilities, saved the day. But yeah, I feel Elsa could have kicked a little more rear end.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Jay O posted:

Still, the score for Frozen was great, rock trolls feeling like they were from another movie aside, the song was fine. All the songs accomplished something in the story, varied in style and composition but all felt like part of the same libretto...I dunno, I thought it was the best Disney musical soundtrack in nearly a decade. Perfect blend of clever and conversational lyrically (a lot of great theming with 'door' imagery too that didn't feel super-obvious), a lot of neat stage musical tricks like the story progression in "Do You Want to Build a Snowman?" and the "For the First Time in Forever" reprise. And yeah, not to mention Let it Go is one of the best showstoppers in Disney musical history. Just really goddamn good. I missed really musical-y Disney vs. "Disney movies with songs put in them." The only hiccup was the lack of any songs in the last act, but given how much stuff has to happen in that short a time period, maybe anything more than a tiny reprise would have killed the pacing.

The extra songs in the expanded soundtrack are pretty good too. They're not by the final voice performers, but still it's rare to get your hands on the cut songs without them being super grainy and passed around on Youtube on obscure back channels. What's interesting is that they also tell you how the film was going to be. There was originally a prophesy, and the Hans reveal was perhaps more foreshadowed--though I like that it wasn't in the film, as it doesn't make sense he would reveal it earlier, you know? That sort of thing. But none of them are bad either.

"Let It Go" is a show-stopper, though, the real deal.

(I'd totally forgotten about Making Christmas

Won't they be impressed, I am a genius
See how I transform the old rat
Into a most delightful hat
Hmm, my compliments from me to you
On this: your most intriguing hat
Consider though this substitute:
A bat in place of this old rat

:geno: )

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Eh, the strength of the songs from TNBC isn't in the lyrics but the melodies.

e: I hate how I worded that, but I can't think of how else to say it. I need bed.

Das Boo fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Nov 30, 2013

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I also wasn't impressed by the music in Tangled. It was alright, but not in the least bit memorable. Frozen definitely has better music, though it's a bit on the poppy side for my tastes. I think Let it Go would've been better had it pulled back from the overly poppy trills, but it's still a pretty good song. It's just a song that sounds exactly like some of the music I have to hear on the radio everyday. I almost listened to the soundtrack before seeing the movie, but I wanted to hear the songs in context first. I'm sure if I had listened to Let It Go without the context, I would've hated it.

Overall, I really loved Frozen. Olaf wasn't nearly as annoying as I expected him to be. Actually, he was alright! "Some people are worth melting for" did make me tear up a little.

I was really glad the Sven didn't talk, except when Christoff put words in his mouth. I was glad that Hans was really the villain. When he and Anna first got together, I thought "Is he just trying to get closer to the throne? He does have 12 older brothers." Though I suppose I was more expecting him to dump Anna to try to woo Elsa instead of just turning on the both of them. It came as more of a school because until that moment, he was actually acting like an upstanding human being.

I like that they had the "love at first sight" cliche come back and bite Anna in the rear end and I'm glad she punched him at the end. How often does a heroine get to punch a dude in these films?

And I'm terribly glad that the "True love's kiss" was not the "act of true love" that saved the day. Anna chooses her sister over herself, knowing that she would die. I appreciate that they kept her frozen long enough for Elsa to sob a bit over her sisters death.

AnimeJune
Dec 3, 2007

Nessa posted:

I also wasn't impressed by the music in Tangled. It was alright, but not in the least bit memorable.

I quite liked "Mother Knows Best." It's hysterical how many mommy issues Gothel wedged into one musical number, and the extra verses on the soundtrack are hilarious ("go ahead get trampled by a rhino/go ahead, get mugged and left for dead!/ Me, I'm just your mother, what do I know?/ I ONLY BATHED, AND CHANGED AND NURSED YOU!")

quote:

I was really glad the Sven didn't talk, except when Christoff put words in his mouth.
Was I the only one who expected Sven to ACTUALLY talk when he confronts Kristoff after Anna returns to the castle?

quote:

I like that they had the "love at first sight" cliche come back and bite Anna in the rear end and I'm glad she punched him at the end. How often does a heroine get to punch a dude in these films?

And I'm terribly glad that the "True love's kiss" was not the "act of true love" that saved the day. Anna chooses her sister over herself, knowing that she would die. I appreciate that they kept her frozen long enough for Elsa to sob a bit over her sisters death.

One thing I wondered when "Enchanted" came out was - how is Disney going to do magical princess films again after tearing apart those cliches so completely with Giselle, Prince Edward, and Robert? And the result is - both better-developed relationships (Flynn and Rapunzel get married off screen, and it's implied they're married after they've dated for a while), and self-aware treatments of fairy tale tropes (the reversal in the Princess and the Frog, and of course how Frozen treats insta-love and an act of true love.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Well they do get married on screen in that Tangled Ever After short. But that short is pretty great so

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Macaluso posted:

Well they do get married on screen in that Tangled Ever After short. But that short is pretty great so

Yeah, there was a ton of demand. It's also why there's the troll wedding in this one.

Everyone should go back and watch the Poochie episode of the Simpsons. "People are tired of what we do and aren't consuming it, but they hate it when we change it."

togetic
Mar 24, 2006

Das Boo posted:

How Dare You.

Fixer Upper is basically A Guy Like You 2.0, it's poorly timed comic relief that stops the plot cold, and feels like it was added to keep the youngest kids from getting restless. The melody is really infectious, though.

Speaking of Fixer Upper, the song is saying that love isn't something that just happens, both sides need to see past each other's flaws and put effort into the relationship. Prior to Hans' heel turn, I was expecting the Kiss of True Love to fail because what Hans and Anna had was an infatuation and not true love. Anna's problem is that she's been locked inside a castle her entire life, and hasn't had a chance to develop any friendships, let alone figure out what she wants romantically. I think the film would have sent a better message if it ended with Hans and Anna both realizing that they need to slow down and get to know each other (which is what Elsa was trying to tell them from the start), instead Anna shifts her attention from one guy she's just met to another.

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW
I just got back from the movie, and although I loved how shocking Hans's reveal was, I agree that the moment would have been better if, instead of just loving over Anna out of nowhere, if he tried to invoke the kiss of true love, nothing happened, and THEN he realized that he didn't actually love or need Anna. He'd still be evil, just leaving her to die, but he'd be a bit more sympathetic - instead of the reveal being that he was a sociopath all along, the reveal that his "love" didn't actually qualify, magically speaking, would cause whatever warmth he had in him to snap.

Oh, also, "Fixer Upper" wasn't nearly as bad as you guys said it was. :colbert: I wish there were more musical numbers in the middle and towards the end.

Oh, also, I still stand by my statement that Hans needed this reprise:

LaughMyselfTo posted:

Hell, just a little solo reprise of a duet would have been nice.

Love was my open door
But
I don't need you any more
So
Now you've seen what you're for
Goodbye
Now die-
Love's just an open door!

LaughMyselfTo fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Nov 30, 2013

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
My fiancé and I both liked Fixer Upper. It was a catchy song with a good message in it.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

AfroSquirrel posted:

Just saw this, and just like Tangles was wary about the trailers only to be very impressed with the film itself. The best way to describe it is the visual style of Tangled and the musical structure of the Lion King telling a Disney version of The Snow Queen.

(cameo spoilers)Finn and Rapunzel showed up to the coronation!

And I will listen to Let It Go until I hear it in my sleep.

For a very brief moment I thought you were talking about Adventure Time's Finn, not Flynn Rider from Rapunzel. Because defeating ice based royalty is kind of his thing.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!
One of the subtler things in the movie that I loved is that, with the exception of Hans , everyone thinks they're doing the right thing even when they're completely and totally wrong. This is especially the case with Elsa's parents, who take the trolls' advice completely wrong. They're told fear is her enemy, and she'll need to learn control, and what they do is destroy her ability to actually control her abilities in favor of suppressing them (which fails, as we see). As was pointed out to me, Elsa didn't hurt Anna by failing to control her powers, she just mis-aimed an intentional blast. There's no indication that she had ever accidentally frozen anything or generally frozen her surroundings (as she did to her room throughout her sequestration) before the accident. Similarly, once she's set up in her ice palace and comfortable with herself, she's got good enough control to duel a pair of crossbowmen, and only hurts Anna when she lashes out.

In the same vein, I wouldn't have minded at all if the late twist hadn't happened, or had been reactive (as suggested by others above) I would have been totally OK with Hans being exactly what he seemed, a young man as naive about love as Anna. I think I would have been happier if he'd kissed her and nothing had happened and then he'd either turned because of that or had just continued to misunderstand love and gone Elsa-hunting to avenge this girl he knew for four hours at most. Love IS an Open Door, but not every open door is love.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

"Oh, look at that... I've been impaled." probably got the biggest laugh out of me. The delivery :allears:

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Kortel posted:

They all seemed two dimensional.

Sounds like you should have seen it in 3D

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

By far my favorite character in the movie was Prince Hans. It would have been so easy for the writers to make him a stereotypical jerk, but he was actually an honorable and stand-up fellow the whole way through, which is unusual for the (significant but very obvious spoiler) fake love interest character. If you haven't seen it yet, you'll probably be pleasantly surprised at just how hard they drive home what a good guy he is, considering that he's the least important of the main characters.

Excelsiortothemax posted:

My fiancé and I both liked Fixer Upper. It was a catchy song with a good message in it.
I don't harbor any negative feelings towards the song but it does bother me that this is the last song in the movie. I would have liked the ending to have featured a song, or at least one in the climax, along the lines of the song when Pocahontas was running to save John Smith.

Argue fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Dec 1, 2013

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Argue posted:

By far my favorite character in the movie was Prince Hans. It would have been so easy for the writers to make him a stereotypical jerk, but he was actually an honorable and stand-up fellow the whole way through, which is unusual for the (significant but very obvious spoiler) fake love interest character.

I can think of an exception to this.

AnimeJune
Dec 3, 2007

Argue posted:

By far my favorite character in the movie was Prince Hans. It would have been so easy for the writers to make him a stereotypical jerk, but he was actually an honorable and stand-up fellow the whole way through, which is unusual for the (significant but very obvious spoiler) fake love interest character. If you haven't seen it yet, you'll probably be pleasantly surprised at just how hard they drive home what a good guy he is, considering that he's the least important of the main characters.

Uh, did you fall asleep fifteen minutes from the end? He intended to seduce Anna and "arrange an accident" for Elsa. How honourable and stand-up is that? Or are you just commenting on how awesomely he kept it together until his villain was revealed?

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

AnimeJune posted:

Uh, did you fall asleep fifteen minutes from the end? He intended to seduce Anna and "arrange an accident" for Elsa. How honourable and stand-up is that? Or are you just commenting on how awesomely he kept it together until his villain was revealed?

To be fair He really didn't have to distribute blankets and firewood to the citizens that were now in the middle of winter weather without adequate supplies. On the other hand if he started running the place with an iron fist the second Anna ran off people probably would get a little suspicious. It does however make me wonder if his endgame was sit on the throne and tax the land dry for himself or be a genuinely good leader who uplifted the country and would spend the rest of his days saying "The ends justify the means" in front of the mirror.

DarklyDreaming fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Dec 2, 2013

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

AnimeJune posted:

Sorry, wasn't trying to be controversial; I kept it unspoilered for the benefit of the people who haven't seen it ;)

AnimeJune
Dec 3, 2007

DarklyDreaming posted:

To be fair He really didn't have to distribute blankets and firewood to the citizens that were now in the middle of winter weather without adequate supplies. On the other hand if he started running the place with an iron fist the second Anna ran off people probably would get a little suspicious. It does however make me wonder if his endgame was sit on the throne and tax the land dry for himself or be a genuinely good leader who uplifted the country and would spend the rest of his days saying "The ends justify the means" in front of the mirror.

I think his ultimate goal was just power. And I think most people want power because they believe they'd be more effective with it then those who had it before. He wanted to get into Anna's pants and crown, so he was super nice to her and pretended to find her adorkable. But even if he married Anna, he'd still only be a prince consort - or king consort after Elsa met with her "accident." So it stands to reason he'd have to butter up Arendelle's populace to get them to see him, "loyal Hans," as a better and more responsible leader for the kingdom than "Anna who ran away" or "Elsa the ice queen."

Russia's Catherine the Great did pretty much the same thing - she was a foreigner who married the rightful Tsar, garnered the country's support while the Tsar became increasingly unpopular, and then forced him to abdicate (and allegedly orchestrated his murder soon after). And then she kind of kicked rear end at running Russia.

Here's what I found interesting about Hans - he's a seducer, not a fighter. He also acts alone - no sidekicks or minions. Even when Anna's in his grasp, he'd much rather leave her to die on her own than kill her himself. He's a completely nonviolent villain until the very, very end because he relies on his powers of persuasion and his ability to read people. And he's so good at convincing everyone (with the blankets and such) that he's loyal and righteous that Arandelle's own counsellors were willing to let him murder their rightful queen right in front of them on the fjord until Anna stepped in between. For a guy with no army of minions or powers, that's kind of bad rear end.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Saw it finally.

First off 'Let it go' really is a great song.

Secondly Olaf isn't as bad as I thought and Disney needs to fire their current marketing.

Thirdly I thought Hans telling everyone his blantant lies was dumb, hey if killing the snow queens gonna solve everything what makes you think you'll get away scot free if Anna comes back to life :v:

Also Elsa is totally anti-phoenix force

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
I knew Hans was a bad guy from the very start. I mean, his name is Hans. He took over Nakitomi Plaza once to rob it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying-PCP
Oct 2, 2005

AnimeJune posted:

He also acts alone - no sidekicks or minions.

Suddenly I can't quite remember, were the crossbow assassins mainly working for Hans or for the "Weaseltown" chancellor old guy? That was a cute trick by the way, have a highly stereotypical rear end in a top hat basically declare "HEY I'M EVIL" within the first few minutes, so you're not even looking for the real villain until he's revealed

• Locked thread