Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

drat, my four-year-old 10" android tablet finally kicked the bucket. It must have gotten banged the wrong way in my apartment move, because now it colors all blacks as greens, and smacking the side of it will fix it for a few seconds.

Despite the post directly above me, I'm thinking of getting a refurbished Galaxy Tab S 10.5 off amazon. That seems like it would last me a good long while. I'm definitely sticking with android because that's where I've already made all my app purchases. And I really enjoyed the big screen I had until now for things like Netflix. Thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Recommend me an android tablet or chromebook:

- I'm currently using a Samsung Google Nexus, which mostly fits my needs of some casual kindle reading or youtube / twitch / netflix watching in the evening. The main problem with it is that it has a low amount of ram (2gb), and opening something like Twitch will use so much memory that every other application on the tablet will automatically close, losing my place.

- I'm looking at the updated samsung tables (A7, etc), but these only have a tiny bit more ram (3gb), so my concern would be that they'd also have the same problem.

- Definitely want a touchscreen, want to be able to use it in a tablet-like configuration. Keyboard I could take or leave.

Maybe I want a 2-in-1 chromebook? I care more about reliability and price than speed. I want something that'll last me years and years, like this current tablet has.