Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
I want to sacrifice my Nexus 10 to my hobby desk, so I want a tablet mount. The desk is roughly 30 inches deep and I'd like it to clamp on to the back and retract when not in use. So anyone got any suggestions for a desk tablet mount that won't obscure the charging port?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

I need to make a kiosk purely for the purpose of inputting customer data into google forms while connected to wifi so it syncs up on the backend. What's the best option for a ~10" tablet under 150 dollars? Are there any disproportionately good, really cheap tablets out there I should be considering?

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Is there a good tablet that has some kind of active stylus interaction with OneNote that isn't godawful expensive? I don't need a Surface.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

I'm seriously not sure what is the appropriate thread to ask this in, but what is the accepted ppi threshhold for reading magazines and comics and poo poo like that? I ask because I'm interested in eventually getting a bigger tablet, but the gamut basically has 2 points- Low res for 200, or high res for 500. It's not worth 500 to me to have what is essentially a color Kindle, but I could see 200 or so for a 10 or 12 inch screen.

Maybe I should be going for a cheap Windows tablet or something, I dunno. I know Android has the apps I want.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Well, I'm selling a laptop and I would like a tablet because frankly I don't use my laptop for poo poo. However, I love taking hand-written notes in OneNote. So assuming my laptop sells, I would like something with

An active stylus
High battery life
Lightweight
Typing doesn't matter at all
Preferably durable enough that I don't need a grotesque-rear end otterbox to protect it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Anyone have any thoughts on the Jide Remix?