Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

What would be a good, but not overly expensive, tablet to use for stuff like watching Netflix or playing visual novels on via Steam link while in bed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

I posted in here a while back, but some new stuff has come out since. I really just want something to watch Twitch streams on, stream some shows, read manga on, and maybe use the steam app to play visual novels. I'm going between the Fire HD 8 and Fire HD 10 but I can't tell if one is more reasonable than the other. FWIW the HD 10 is $120 right now, while the HD 8 is $80.

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

The only thing I don't like about the Fire HD 10 I got is the garbage Amazon launcher. Does stuff like Nova launcher work on the tablets too, so I can get a more usable UI?