Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Does anyone here know if it's possible to make the kids profile/mode on a Fire tablet not display all the random bullshit and only show the downloaded/tagged/approved content? The default main screen is Amazon Prime Video style where it's just rows of random categories and content.

my son is too young to actually tap around and pick stuff on his own but it's not far off and it'd be nice if I could avoid him getting addicted to some finger family guns down elsa in a spiderman mask level garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
FWIW: I have a Thinkpad Yoga and either one of their updates or a recent windows update killed the touchscreen and I haven't been able to figure it out after like 2-3 solid sit down and figure it out sessions. The official fixes suggested on their forums had people dicking around with some wacky firmware flashing tool or some crazy poo poo and it didn't work for me anyway.

I also needed to have the monitor repaired like 2 months after using it because some connection came loose in the hinges (the shop that handled the walk-in warranty fix said it's pretty common) and the wifi on it is loving terrible unless I'm literally within 5 feet of my router.

Besides that it's really great though lol

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jun 3, 2020