Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003
Struggling to keep his sanity.

Anime_Otaku posted:

I’m strongly considering moving from my current iPad Air 2 and IPhone to Android devices.
The tablet I would mainly be using at home for web browsing, social media, watching videos and reading both books and comics. The main thing I’m looking for is the possibility of increasing the storage with a 1tb micro SD card if possible and a good screen, battery life is less of an issue since I’d be able to just plug it in to the wall. I’m looking at the Samsung s5e, I’m assuming the £150ish stuff isn’t really worth it, since the SD card is pretty expensive I'd like to stick around £300 at most.

I've done Android tablets since the Acer A500 back in the day. I've owned probably 10 or so over the years. I just bought my first iPad two weeks ago, and I'm never going back to an Android tablet. Android works better on phones, they aren't making any real "tablet" specific improvements at the OS level, and the fact that there are so few makers and each one is running a bespoke version leads to very few apps that aren't just phone apps scaled up. If you want it for just straight media consumption, a Samsung one would be fine, if not overkill. Hell, a big Fire tablet would do what you are looking for.

For phones, I'm still Android through and through. But for tablets, Apple just kills it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU