Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Didn't see the new thread. How's the TF701? Wish the TF200 dock would work with it. I'll probably wait until the next version of the transformer to upgrade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I was under the impression all those microsoft tablets weren't received well and Windows 8 was poo poo? I've never used one but they just haven't seemed real popular with the tablet crowd. Too many android fans? I mean I don't need a keyboard at all but it is a nice feature to have around when you need more battery life, etc. I'm in no rush to upgrade so don't mind waiting. I'm sure there will be an update in the not-so-distant future.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Right, ipads are nice. But the prices are absolutely insane for anything with more than 16-32gb so I'm not sure how you can compare with the lack of expandable memory. Age old arguments, I know.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

So I hate apple but love my iPhone. Also have a gaming laptop, ps4, and vita. In case it's relevant In any way.

That said I used a tf700 for a while (with the detachable keyboard)I got good use out of it but it could have been so much better. Lacked a lot of minor things. Too slow to be practical for anything but media especially nowadays.

I'm looking for the snappiest and simplest tablet to use. Hate bothering with root and poo poo. Maybe one of those laptop/tablet combos? Ideally I'd want to have the tablet on me at school so I can easily pull up pdf/word documents to study, powerpoints, that sort of thing. I liked having both USB and micro sd on the tablet to throw movies on the go etc. I feel like a detachable keyboard/battery is a requirement. Something like a MacBook Air? In terms of weight, battery life, simplicity etc

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Saw those. Just want something that won't make my gaming laptop obsolete but fast enough to use over my phone when lounging etc. Which would you recommend?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

What kind of tablet though? My Asus would only take one very specific high amperage plug and cable. No other USB charger (and I have a lot) worked

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yo I don't know if it's a tablet but I gotta say the surface pro 3 is dope especially with the dock to have a dual monitor setup

That's my story thanks

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

If you're gonna get a surface gotta go all out imo otherwise you'll just get frustrated. I love mine but it also costs more (used) than I care to share

Guess it depends on what you plan on doing with it. Can probably get a used surface pro 3 with "ok" specs for about $500

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

So is there no surface pro thread? Figured enough people would have one to justify it

Expensive as gently caress but I really dig my pro 4 with dock and 34" monitor