Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

VanOwen posted:

Those Wed sessions are just rough. Middle of the work week and right in the middle of most US work hours.

Well I'm sure we'd have a bit more interesting time if Roadblock hadn't decided to once more be boring as all hell and then decide that it didn't even want to spawn in new cars after a while. :v:
So after a while it just ended up with us using MCC to make it interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

Cooked Auto posted:

Well I'm sure we'd have a bit more interesting time if Roadblock hadn't decided to once more be boring as all hell and then decide that it didn't even want to spawn in new cars after a while. :v:
So after a while it just ended up with us using MCC to make it interesting.

By "interesting" he means "airdrop tons of mines and then spawn dozens of mechanized infantry"

VanOwen
Oct 8, 2011

Any group that controls this many fonts and is bold enough to use all these exclamation marks must be incredibly powerful! And soon, in fact this Thursday in the cafetorium, I shall become their leader!
The best things to spawn are zombies, bloodsuckers, or suicide bombers. Roadblock will forever give me the creeps because of those.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Elth posted:

By "interesting" he means "airdrop tons of mines and then spawn dozens of mechanized infantry"

Weeeell the mines was me and the mechanized infantry was Brainbot. I didn't even think the mines were released because I didn't hear anything until I checked the place later. But by that point no civilian car had spawned into the area for 30 to 60 minutes anyway so the only thing that got smoked by those were the convoys I spawned in later.

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

I've never really been much on the Armaholics forums but do you think you'd be able to get an experienced mission maker to look at it? Or maybe ask in the main Arma 3 thread. I've never seen the full Roadblock experience and now I really want to. :v:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Elth posted:

I've never really been much on the Armaholics forums but do you think you'd be able to get an experienced mission maker to look at it? Or maybe ask in the main Arma 3 thread. I've never seen the full Roadblock experience and now I really want to. :v:

The mission actually has a thread on the BIS forums but there hasn't been any activity on that since June or so.
Once I get off work on friday I going to try my hardest to get the single Roadblock video that I managed to save from my twitch stream up on youtube just to show how it can actually be at times.
Same goes with the material for last weekend. Thankfully I noticed it wasn't as much of a bitch to deal with since it wasn't split in two halves.
See it a possible early Christmas gift. :cheeky:

Snuffy the Evil
Oct 9, 2012
As an experienced mission maker my professional opinion is that the version of Roadblock we have isn't broken, but simply haunted by the restless soul of the murdered author.

I'll be expecting my check in the mail.

VanOwen
Oct 8, 2011

Any group that controls this many fonts and is bold enough to use all these exclamation marks must be incredibly powerful! And soon, in fact this Thursday in the cafetorium, I shall become their leader!
We might be able to scrounge up some boxes of bananas and cocaine... Will that cover it?

HoratioRash
Nov 20, 2012

I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore, Toto
Looks like you'll have to listen to my static-filled screeches for at least one more session. BOught a new pair of headphones and whaddayaknow, defective right out of the box.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I bring gifts.
Gifts in shape of a lot of videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT_MppVe4o4&hd=1
First up, here is the Roadblock video as promised. Still miffed that I couldn't save the bloodsucker attacks at a later session.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKXTq1PIwjo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCZn9fKUwM8
And here's two from the Desert Heat mission. I uploaded the first one just because I liked the small talk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsdOgqIJASc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0bqY9A_QyU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37NFzyzQkqU
Here's some highlights from the Call of Vorkuta mission.
Really wish I could've made it into one video but as I've mentioned before, editing flvs is a pain in the rear end so I have to use a different way of getting the videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJWKr5cSCJM
And finally we have a first in a (more or less) complete mission run of El Presidente. At first I wanted to just show the intro part but then I realized I might as well just upload the entire thing.

VanOwen
Oct 8, 2011

Woo! ACE Goon Xmas. :tfrxmas:

Sloane
Oct 31, 2010

What do you mean I'm not on the list?
:rory: Saturday session in 17 hours :rory:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23882

Oh helloooo, an ACE version of Escape Chernarus you say? Interesting.

quote:

• Language: English
  • Players Number (min/max): 1 till 8 players
  • ACE Wounds
  • ACRE optional
  • The radio is very rare (because of ACRE)
  • No revive
  • Units have random medicstuff
  • Some soldiers have backpacks
  • Crates with random medicstuff
  • Guard isn't shooting on unarmed soldiers
  • Some soldiers have backpacks
  • New parameter: Searchchopper

Snuffy the Evil
Oct 9, 2012
I fixed From Russia With Love, though I'm not exactly sure how.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3803707/arma2/missions/co10_from_russia_with_love.torabora.pbo

Also, I couldn't make Manhunters crash for the life of me, so I'm not sure what the problem is there. I did update it, though. There are now repair and refuel trucks at the FOB, and I added markers near the people you're supposed to find so you don't have to search the entire goddamn village.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3803707/arma2/missions/co8_manhunters.torabora.pbo

Snuffy the Evil fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Dec 22, 2013

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

I came, I saw, I got lost.

I was never able to use any of the medical supplies I brought along, is that supposed to happen if you're not a medic?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

AirborneNinja posted:

I came, I saw, I got lost.

I was never able to use any of the medical supplies I brought along, is that supposed to happen if you're not a medic?

Depends entirely on the map, some maps (including that one) has a module that restricts Epi and Morphine usage to medics only. Which I consider to be just really drat retarded.

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

You'd think professional soldiers would be trained on how to stick a syrette into someone who needs it to live.

Or maybe it's another ~*TEAMWORK*~-oriented feature.

Snuffy the Evil
Oct 9, 2012

AirborneNinja posted:

By default, only medics can use medkits but everyone can use bandages, morphine and epinephrine. In the mission editor you can add some modules that expand or restrict what supplies people can use. As Cooked said, it varies by mission. Some (like El Presidente) let everyone use anything while others (like Call of Vorkuta) restrict morphine and epinephrine to medics only (in this case, to make them more valuable).

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

I couldn't use bandages even so I must have screwed up my install or something.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

AirborneNinja posted:

I couldn't use bandages even so I must have screwed up my install or something.

If you pass a certain threshold of damage (when your screen is flashing red rapidly) you will actually be unable to bandage yourself and need someone else to do it. Below that you should be able to.
If you couldn't actually do that below that threshold I'd say a reinstall is a good idea.

VanOwen
Oct 8, 2011

I remembered finally that I have fraps and some drive space. I recorded a couple of movies but, nothing exciting or of note.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

VanOwen posted:

I remembered finally that I have fraps and some drive space. I recorded a couple of movies but, nothing exciting or of note.

That is pretty much the summary of my recordings from this weekend session. Might just grab the Iced Pickles footages but I dunno as nothing really amazing got caught on camera for me.

SoapyTarantula
Jun 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

VanOwen posted:

I've had Fraps for years and years, but now days for actual recording I much prefer MSI Afterburner's video capture feature. A ten minute recording from Fraps would eat up half my free disk space because it can't compress the data.

Sloane
Oct 31, 2010

SoapyTarantula posted:

I've had Fraps for years and years, but now days for actual recording I much prefer MSI Afterburner's video capture feature. A ten minute recording from Fraps would eat up half my free disk space because it can't compress the data.

Did you grab the video of that Hostage Crisis run?

I've got a few videos that I think will be good but editing is delayed until the holidays are past.

:rory: Though I'm not sure how many will be there, the Wednesday session is still scheduled for 15 hours from now if you want some holiday roadblock duty :rory:

Sloane
Oct 31, 2010

:rory: Saturday session in 16 hours :rory:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

So on a fluke I decided to take a peak in the Arma3 general thread on 4chan when I discovered this little thing:

It's for the Arma 3 version but it could work as a general radio guide for Arma 2 as well.

I may have linked this before but I discovered yesterday that I still had the old Arma 2 Goons Basic Guide on one of my external drives.

SoapyTarantula
Jun 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Tonight's session has brought a whole new meaning to :haw:.

ful
Sep 16, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Arma needs proper tank physics.

Dementedghost
Jan 7, 2010

Running 1.86 miles without dying is literally impossible
I'm guessing I missed From Russia? I hope you guys got some recordings, I'll be missing next week too, but then the holidays are over for me.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Dementedghost posted:

I'm guessing I missed From Russia? I hope you guys got some recordings, I'll be missing next week too, but then the holidays are over for me.

Nah, We didn't play that because the updated version hasn't been uploaded and we didn't want to break the server or the game for anyone unlike last time.

What we did however have for our final session of 2013 was a Roadblock that actually kinda worked for a while like it should. Which was nice.
It was also one of the longest we've had as well clocking in at slightly over 9 hours and with a rather consistent player number as well.
I might put up some videos later of at least one of the more successful missions we did as the rest was rather... meh at times.

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

I'm sorry I didn't know there were two ACE interact keys.

VanOwen
Oct 8, 2011

AirborneNinja posted:

I'm sorry I didn't know there were two ACE interact keys.

There are a huge number of special keys and combos so don't feel too bad for not knowing some. However the 2 ACE keys are quite useful to know.

Edit: The only somewhat amusing video I had so far from last session. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqVDbWJ-ax4

VanOwen fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Dec 30, 2013

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

VanOwen posted:

Edit: The only somewhat amusing video I had so far from last session. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqVDbWJ-ax4

Did you add some weird post-processing effects to that video because it looks really drat weird for some reason.

Speaking of videos, here's the final video for 2013 from the final session.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIigsSF3Zv8

Somewhat dull maybe but successful missions are always nice to show off in my meaning.

VanOwen
Oct 8, 2011

Huh... I looks a little sped up to me but... I am not sure. I merely uploaded the video directly from fraps to youtube. I did have youtube edit off a bit of the end of that video that had random background noise (like 1-2 seconds). Other then that.. no editing.

VanOwen fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Dec 31, 2013

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

VanOwen posted:

Huh... I looks a little sped up to me but... I am not sure. I merely uploaded the video directly from fraps to youtube. I did have youtube edit off a bit of the end of that video that had random background noise (like 1-2 seconds). Other then that.. no editing.

Weird, it looks more than just speed up as it looks really wobbly at times. Just look when you're moving around and especially in the beginning.

VanOwen
Oct 8, 2011

Ah... Perhaps it was google doing anti-camera shaking stuff to the film. Your comment reminded me that I think it prompted me about it when I uploaded the video. When I get home I can try and re-upload the original with no editing to see how they compare.

Sloane
Oct 31, 2010

:rory: 2014 Wednesday session in 16 hours :rory:

Happy new year, let's hope for a good year of Arma 3 content. :toot:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

So last night I got my normal brand of crazy/dumb ideas by suddenly remembering that someone linked to a repository of UO missions in the old thread that I took missions from so I dug up that old link to redownload those to find if there was any missions I might have overlooked because we had them on the old server.
And then I discovered there was like five more of those mission collections while looking around on the site and downloaded all the missions of those.
Now I'm just gonna go through about 960 missions to weed out the ones we don't have the island for and already have on the server or the ones that require addons we don't have for that part.

Gibfender
Apr 15, 2007

Electricity In Our Homes
Holy poo poo Cooked, that's quite an undertaking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Illuminati by Nature posted:

Holy poo poo Cooked, that's quite an undertaking

Eh, it's only like 600 missions after removing the ones for Isla Duala and other islands we don't have and I know most of them will be removed because "missing x and x addon".

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Jan 1, 2014

• Locked thread