Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Faerie Fortune posted:

Goddammit why didn't I clock that? Well, I guess Jimmy and his boyfriend are just fine then!

Well, unless Jimmy hooked up with Hank to try to get to Scot. But in that case he deserves the drama that's coming to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia

Vil posted:

On the subject of Jimmy4400's love life, I'd like to point out that there are two Macklamoors. He hooked up with Hank, and then Scot decided to date someone else.

Faerie Fortune posted:

Goddammit why didn't I clock that? Well, I guess Jimmy and his boyfriend are just fine then!

Vil posted:

Well, unless Jimmy hooked up with Hank to try to get to Scot. But in that case he deserves the drama that's coming to him.

Oh god, my Sim self is already turning into a mid afternoon drama on LOGO! Does my heart belong to Hank or is Scot my true heart's desire? Will the doctor be able to cure my little sister's mysterious ilness? Will we finally find out what tragic event from her past my mother kept hidden and tried to tell me on her death bed. To find out more tune in next week to All My Children, General Hospital, One Life to Live, Noah's Ark, The L Word: Sim College Drama!

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

Hooray, I'm a Science!

I'll see you on the moon, Apples, this I swear!

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!

Rather Watch Them posted:

I'll see you on the moon, Apples, this I swear!

Right on the rabbit's tummy!

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Why do they keep hating on Anoki? He's a muscle wizard! Come on, guys.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Schubalts posted:

Maybe they all come from the same high school, and Anoki stole everyone's girlfriends.

Kloro
Oct 24, 2008

Fancy a grown man saying hujus hujus hujus as if he were proud of it it is not english and do not make SENSE.
Hurray, I'm a level 5 nerd, just like in real life. Also I am tempted to grow in the sides of my beard now, as it looks pretty good in that picture.

I'm really enjoying this LP so far - the Sims 2 University LP was one of my favourites, and this one looks to be just as good.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Hey, heads up. I'm about to unleash my rage.

Oh hey, I just finished Apples LP of the Sims, though too bad I can't apply to this one due to lacking the Sims 3...Oh well, still fun to follow.

100Dachshunds
Oct 11, 2009

GOCHARMSPRINGS
I should have a motorcycle if such a thing is possible. That way I can scoot around campus and put out fires like some sort of bad-tempered punk superhero.

(And thanks for fixing the spelling of my name. I didn't want to complain about it. :3 )

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Schubalts posted:

There's only one reason I can think of and its stupid. He's a level 10 Jock. Most of our house has at least a couple of levels in Nerd. I don't want to believe that these things are connected to half our cast hating on the poor dude for no reason but this is EA and they probably are.

100Dachshunds posted:

I should have a motorcycle if such a thing is possible. That way I can scoot around campus and put out fires like some sort of bad-tempered punk superhero.

It is possible! You can even modify and tinker with it and even become friends with and eventually name it!

100Dachshunds posted:

(And thanks for fixing the spelling of my name. I didn't want to complain about it. :3 )

You're welcome, I just wish someone would've told me sooner D:

EDIT: Also I've once again decided to procrastinate on my assignments so expect an update in a few hours. I'm a good student, I swear :eng99:

Faerie Fortune fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Dec 9, 2013

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Faerie Fortune posted:

EDIT: Also I've once again decided to procrastinate on my assignments so expect an update in a few hours. I'm a good student, I swear :eng99:

Ah, how art imitates life.

...Because videogames are art, you see. :reject:

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I've been playing this game loads lately because of this LP and while I'm not saying I want to do another Sims LP, I want to do another Sims LP. So the more updates here, the better. Please save me from my own insanity.

this fish flies
Dec 21, 2007

Don't Give Up The Ship
Every time there is a new Sims lp I go on a playing marathon. Now I just need to redownload all of it onto my new computer...

Sims just slowly sucks everyone in. Who needs productivity?

Fizzicist
Nov 14, 2009

Well, there goes 15GB of hard drive space and countless hours of my life! Time to start playing again.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

I'm so sorry, everyone.

...actually I'm not. Have fun. Especially you, apples. If anyone deserves to actually have fun with this game, its you.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Update 5 - I Made This Update Instead of Doing my Algebra Assignment

We last left off just after midnight on the third day of Goonhouse. Its now Wednesday, meaning we're just barely on day 4.

Most of the goons are asleep, execpt for Snuggles who, after earning some money, decides to brood outside the campus cinema.

Jimmy is also awake and in the dining room, eating rotten salad :barf:

12:36 and Jimmy finally goes to bed, leaving only Snuggles awake, who is very sleepy.

...and decides to nap on a bench outside the cinema. This was a terrible, terrible mistake that will come back to haunt him.

Things are starting to happen with goonsims!

Its 4:14am and Eevee awakens!

...specifically to make ice cream. Sims fuckin' love this stuff I swear.

Snuggles awakens from his nap and arrives home, looking rather confused about the whole thing.

Roar is sleeping with Anoki for some reason. He, Apples and Dachshunds all cancelled out their "sleep" actions to go and get some goddamn ice cream.

I don't know why but I get the feeling that after yesterday morning's ice cream mishap, this is some sweet vindication for Eevee. He didn't drop it and he managed to eat the whole thing! :gbsmith:

Snuggles masters multitasking and manages to brood and stare out of the window at the same time!

Its 4:38am you idiots, why the gently caress are you awake and crowding around an ice cream machine?

Eevee hops outside to have a chat with Asala, our resident pyromaniac who hasn't bothered to put on pants yet.

Dachshunds is sketching! Art seems to be one of the few things that makes her genuinely smile :keke:

When she finishes it, we can actually get to it in her inventory. We can sell it (which is pointless at low skill levels because they don't go for much) or..

...we can display it on the wall for all to see!

I caught the very tail end of this but what you're seeing here is Asala eating dirt. I guess that explains her enthusiasm for fire, she's a Daredevil sim!

For those wondering why our Goonhouse toilets aren't disgusting, this is why. apples (and Dachshunds) like to clean in the downtime between their classes and ice cream binges.

6:07am and Jimmy awakens. Roar also wakes up, having gone straight back to bed after his morning ice cream.

Roar decides to be nice to Muscle Wizard :3: the guy deserves it and so far, nobody has been mean to him today so maybe it'll be a good one for the poor dude.

Eevee studies in the hallway like a big nerd.

Art and Communications classes are starting soon! Its actually only 7am and classes begin at 8 but sims will always head to their class an hour early. I just assume its because the game acknowledges that its pathfinding is terrible and they will probably get stuck along the way.

Snuggles and Eevee run off to class, looking pretty chipper, all things considered!

Dachshunds shoots Jimmy this dirty look as she leaves.

On that note, Jimmy has not left yet. This is why. Despite being on the exact same amount of credits/terms as his other artgoon friends, he has a slightly different schedule. His later class is actually at the same time as apples' second class of the day

Left alone in the dorm, to his own devices, Jimmy decides to make the best possible use of his time..

:barf:

I spot a goonsim outside the Communications lecture! Hi there Anoia!

Jimmy has this want and all he's doing for now is lounging around the dorms in his underwear. I know a place he can fulfil this want so let's go!

Welcome to the university quad! We sent apples here on her first day to play some kicky ball and eat onions and there's a guitar right by the fountain that Jimmy happily starts playing.

He even gets an audience!

Before too long, he gets his first guitar skill point, fulfilling another want of his.

You may have seen this thing in screenshots. Its a giant science machine near the dorms and apples can mess with it for science skill, nerd points and class performance! If you can get one person on each part of the machine, sometimes nice things happen too. Its pretty neat!

Classes are out and Snuggles is exhausted so he curls up on a nearby bench. I swear, he's the most normal guy in this house and he's still fuckin' weird.

Things are pretty normal. Roar is reading, apples is science-ing and Dachshunds is making strange faces.

Time for Jimmy's classes!

Snuggles is awake due to his next class starting soon and he does not look pleased.

Oh hey, its Kloro again!

RatherWatch takes a shine to apples, but uhh...

He's here. That blue spiky thing in the background? That's where apples is. That's one hell of an attraction to notice her over such a long distance.

Snuggles, Eevee and Dachshunds are not happy. They're mostly different combinations of hungry, smelly and tired.

Remember when I said we could throw herbs into fires? apples still has some lavender in her inventory from her harvesting yesterday so lets give it a shot.

The fire poofs up and apples gets this moodlet! Depending on the herb she throws in, the moodlet will differ so we'll experiment a little bit as she finds more things. That's what science is all about anyway, right?

While panning around the campus for goons to stalk, I spot this rock so I get apples to pick it up.

I'm glad I did! This'll be a nice chunk of change for the house, but we're not going to sell it. Instead, we'll use it for experiments later on!

Pretty soon, she whips out her science skeleton and bones up on anatomy. Don't blame me for that pun, that's what the game calls the interaction.

Speaking of the science that apples does, here's the result of yesterdays experiment! Super Spice will make a meal...well, super spicy, or it will cure a plantsim. I'll show off plantsims when we see one, they're pretty adorable.

:eng99:

Kloro shows up again, this time with a purple haired girlfriend and Dachshunds' professor has some nice words for her after class!

...she also has this want. No chance, buddy. For a start, I haven't seen a single vampire on campus and for another thing holy poo poo that is a terrible idea.

Roar looks super upset and Snuggles is in a pretty bad way too. He's hungry, exhausted and smelly. That nap on the bench did not do him any favours.

Roar still manages to come home and make dinner for everyone though :3:

2:50pm and Snuggles is back in bed. He kinda needs it :smith:

Oh for gently caress's sake. Roar abandons his mac and cheese to pick up some ice cream. Strawberry is my favourite flavour though..

Dachshunds takes out the trash and attempts to put away the gross salad from yesterday but is blocked by Eevee finishing up Roar's abandoned meal. I like to think he remembered what happened the last time he tried to cook and decided it just wasn't worth the risk.

I sell the ice cream machine because I'm tired of sims cancelling every single action to run halfway across the house and get ice cream and of having to cancel THAT action so they'd actually do something. So ice cream will be used as a treat that our sims must earn :colbert:

Dashchunds contemplates throwing out the gross salad but just stares at it instead.

Eevee completes his mac and cheese and gains a cooking skill point :toot: then proceeds to eat it amongst more plates of gross salad. At this point I'm 99% sure they've not cleaned up because they're assuming that its not actually spoiled food and that its just one of apples science experiments or something.

Next time: Classes are over for the day and hopefully something actually happens!

Faerie Fortune fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Dec 9, 2013

Fizzicist
Nov 14, 2009

Why is the natural reaction of Sims at university to immediately become bums, reject hygiene and good food and put off going to bed for ice cream?

Wait, normal university experience. Carry on!

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Bad goon Sims.

No more ice cream until you can behave better..

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!

Ahahaha that fuckin shirt.

Snugglecakes
Dec 29, 2008

:h: :glomp: :h:

Faerie Fortune posted:

Classes are out and Snuggles is exhausted so he curls up on a nearby bench. I swear, he's the most normal guy in this house and he's still fuckin' weird.

That actually describes me perfectly. :smith:

Glad to see that Sim-Me has mastered the art of the ever-Brood and sleeping on uncomfortable benches,

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Roar posted:

Ahahaha that fuckin shirt.

I love Eevee's Totally Not Nyan Cat shirt so much. I would actually greatly enjoy owning it in real life.

100Dachshunds
Oct 11, 2009

GOCHARMSPRINGS
if Anoia's sausage n' eggs shirt was real, I would buy one.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I'm surprised that Sim me isn't vomiting all over the place owing to the fact that he ate rotten salad. I'm also surprised he didn't take part in the whole Ice Cream fad because if there was an ice cream dispenser in real life, I'd be gorging on it like there was no tomorrow.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

sim-Jimmy is a Slob so not only will he choose to eat rotten food apples' science experiments of his own free will, he'll also never get sick from doing it.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Been working my butt off getting everyone who requested to be simmed onto campus and I am finally done. Here is a short list of who is in, in no particular order..

KittyEmpress, Thesaya, PK Starstorm, Kloro, Cathulhu (I WILL correct your sims name ingame next time I load it up) Future Friend, Bobbin Threadbare, MarquiseMindfang, Professor Bling, Aces High, WickedHate, Rynyin, Anoia, Rather Watch Them, Jimmy4400nav, Jeabus Mahogany, Fizzicist

Those are the names of all the people who PMed or emailed me asking to be on campus. If you emailed me and your name isn't here yet, try again; it probably got caught in my spam filter. I'm not deliberately ignoring anyone, I promise!

Also, update is incoming!

Faerie Fortune fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Dec 12, 2013

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Sweet! You're a dedicated LPer. Faerie. Congrats on all your hard work.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Update 6 - Something Happens

Its 4:30pm and here's what our students are up to! Snuggles is catching up on his sleep, Dachshunds is painting, Eevee is gaming and Roar is studying. Jimmy and apples are still at their second classes of the day.

Dachshunds' first painting is looking pretty neat, and she learns the painting skill! At this rate she's going to have one of the highest grades of the group due to all the extracurricular activities she's doing.

Eevee levels up in the Nerd social group! As I explained earlier, at higher levels you'll unlock interactions and at this level of Nerd, Eevee can now issue trivia challenges to people! It builds relationship and he gets a positive moodlet if he wins so its pretty good.

5:55pm and Roar joins Snuggles in the "going to bed far too early" club.

Five minutes later, Jimmy and apples are done with classes for the day and Dachshunds gains her second level in Painting. The members of the group who are awake appear to be in high spirits and there really hasn't been much time for them to interact so I decide that an evening trip to the bowling alley for Eevee, apples, Jimmy and Dachshunds is a grand idea!

Upon arrival, Dachshunds instantly runs to the bathroom, Eevee giggles about writing and apples contemplates ghosts while Jimmy stares at her. You guys are weird.

Hello Jeabus Mahogany, who's that you're thinkin' about?

Its Fizzicist! Its okay man, I think about her a lot too.

Eevee and apples head straight to the bowling, while Fizzicist enthuses about school in the background. Jimmy heads straight for the guitar which even I didn't know was in there and sets himself up to collect some tips.

Just so you know, bowling contributes Jock points. apples has no real influence in the Jock social group so she can't do anything yet but eventually she'll be able to do things! We'll point them out when they come up.

There is gossip going on! :allears:

Dachshunds gets a strike and celebrates with a little dance. One day I will get a gif of this because it is downright adorable to see.

There is a lot going on in this image. Eevee contemplates exactly how apples is defying gravity to the extent that she is, Fizz is educating Jeabus about the loch ness monster and Mr Claus is super fascinated by that ceiling light.

Things are happening!

All I can think of when I see this is that Jimmy is pretending his guitar is a gun and just shouting "pew pew!" as he pretends to shoot his friends :3:

Dachshunds looks like she's practicing some kind of yoga based bowling technique here but she is actually in the process of falling over while throwing the ball. apples gets competitive and boos Eevee. The bowling alley is pretty popular, even for this time of night on a Wednesday!

If two sims bowl together, eventually you get to find out who won! Good job, apples :toot:

Eevee corners Jimmy to tell him a story about the time he got all the chaos emeralds in that one Sonic game. In the background, apples contemplates going to bed.

Its 10:30pm and Dachshunds heads home to eat mac and cheese in the company of the dirty dishes. Why has nobody cleaned those up yet?

On that note, Dachshunds becomes our first student to gain influence in all three social groups! This doesn't really mean much at these levels but its a nice little thing I guess?

Its now midnight and Eevee, apples and Dachshunds are sound asleep in bed. But what about Jimmy?

He's tired, stinky and hungry...

...and at the bar.

Faerie Fortune fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Dec 12, 2013

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

You always have that one sim...

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Faerie Fortune posted:

Why has nobody cleaned those up yet?

It's like you've never been to college. Cleaning up dirty dishes is like admitting defeat. You do it once, and you're going to have to do it forever.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

I'm actually in university right now (which was my inspiration for the LP) but its a distance course so I am denied the experience of roommates and campus living.

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

LPer, Reviewer, Mad Welshman

(Yes, that's a self portrait)

Faerie Fortune posted:

I'm actually in university right now (which was my inspiration for the LP) but its a distance course so I am denied the experience of roommates and campus living.

It's a surprisingly easy experience to replicate (taken from my own experiences in Bradford U)!

1) If you have a walk-in closet, put as much of your stuff as you humanly can (including your bed) in there, and consider everything else off limits until you "move it from home".
2) Have random neighbours, and relatively thin walls/ceilings. Enjoy the night-time symphony this generally results in.
3) Have a shared kitchen that may or may not be locked off by some of your neighbours, despite "campus security" telling them it's against both the law and campus rules.
4) Have a shared bathroom area. This actually isn't so bad, except you will occasionally lose a towel to a random neighbour who genuinely thought it was theirs.
5) Occasionally visit the more interesting neighbours, and suddenly find that large stretches of time have passed... You remember nothing except the vague idea that it was fun, and you should visit more often.

Unfortunately, many experiences can't really be replicated, like Cybernetics students having LAN parties in the computer room till 4AM, and other amazing campus shenanigans, but this encapsulates the experience of living in the cheaper communal halls of your average uni in the UK. It's great, I'd recommend it! :devil:

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Or overdose on coffee since you are the only one sober enough to find the junction box in the dark since your living in a 60 year old soon to be demolished dorm with messed up electricals

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

I'm gonna be completely honest Faerie when you had that fire ingame I honestly thought that the firefighter was me because he looked not far off :downs: oh well I am looking forward to my goony entrance now :allears:

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Rumda posted:

Or overdose on coffee since you are the only one sober enough to find the junction box in the dark since your living in a 60 year old soon to be demolished dorm with messed up electricals

Or get yourself a roommate who not only snores loudly but somehow manages to change the volume, tone, and frequency of his snoring every five minutes so that you can never get a good night's sleep unless you can fall asleep first.

That's no joke, by the way. I remember thinking I would've been amazed if I hadn't been so tired.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Faerie Fortune posted:

He's tired, stinky and hungry...

...and at the bar.
He's getting the proper college experience, then. :v:

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
Yay and I'm a sim! I feel so special

Also, the LP is amazing. I remember shared kitchen experiences. Most of us ended up bringing our own China and pots from home since the communal ones were always dirty. You brought your plate, cutlery and pot, cooked your food and then washed it up or brought it back to your room dirty. If you left your stuff in the kitchen people would use it and usually it got lost. As to food, in the winter I hung my groceries out my window rather than putting it in the communal fridge. In warmer months, I dyed my milk green/yellow to discourage people to take any.

..the joy of 80 students sharing one kitchen. I so do not miss it.

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012

Faerie Fortune posted:

Been working my butt off getting everyone who requested to be simmed onto campus and I am finally done. Here is a short list of who is in, in no particular order..

KittyEmpress, Thesaya, PK Starstorm, Kloro, Cathulhu (I WILL correct your sims name ingame next time I load it up) Future Friend, Bobbin Threadbare, MarquiseMindfang, Professor Bling, Aces High, WickedHate, Rynyin, Anoia, Rather Watch Them, Jimmy4400nav, Jeabus Mahogany, Fizzicist

Those are the names of all the people who PMed or emailed me asking to be on campus. If you emailed me and your name isn't here yet, try again; it probably got caught in my spam filter. I'm not deliberately ignoring anyone, I promise!

Weird. My name isn't on there.

Well, I sent in another application. Hope you'll get it this time, FF!

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
I feel like leveling up as a nerd should have some sort of physical side effect, but what?

Also you are awesome for working to get everyone in, FF. Even better, University makes it way easier for random sightings.

PK Starstorm
Jun 2, 2011

Faerie Fortune posted:

Yesssssss, you are awesome. Thanks a lot! :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
I spent the whole update asleep? What a nerd!

• Locked thread