Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Official terrible game purchaser of the SomethingAwful forums.
I had a look on Shopto.net's upcoming releases, and there's still quite a few really good games coming out for the 360 - http://www.shopto.net/product/search/platform/xbox%20360/menu/coming%20soon

It looks like support for the 360 just drops off in March, unless any new games are announced by then. :pwn:

Saying that, I bought my Xbone, and after completing Dead Rising 3, there's not much else I want to do with it. I got FIFA in the box and a free copy of Killer Instinct, but I've still got a decent backlog of 360 games to complete. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Amazon's deal of the day is a big rear end 360 bundle. Don't know how it stacks up against similar retail stores, but it seems like a good deal:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FATRKOK...rd_p=1671394202

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

I'm currently playing through Skyrim because it's comfortable to kick back on the couch and do some questin'. After that I will finally finish Lost Odyssey (I was on the last disc years ago then I deleted all my saves by mistake), 1000/1000 LA Noire (finished it when it came out, didn't play the DLC cases either), finish Arkham Origins when they patch the save bug, finish two Lego games and 1000/1000 those too, finish other assorted action games like Syndicate and Splinter Cell... Eventually I'll get some other games like rear end Creed 4 but that can wait. Once I'm done with all that I'll consider next gen but I do still have some PS3 games too.

Nothing on Xbox One or PS4 entices me enough to drop money on a new system. Couldn't care less, to be honest.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ZeeBoi posted:

I'm currently playing through Skyrim because it's comfortable to kick back on the couch and do some questin'. After that I will finally finish Lost Odyssey (I was on the last disc years ago then I deleted all my saves by mistake), 1000/1000 LA Noire (finished it when it came out, didn't play the DLC cases either), finish Arkham Origins when they patch the save bug, finish two Lego games and 1000/1000 those too, finish other assorted action games like Syndicate and Splinter Cell... Eventually I'll get some other games like rear end Creed 4 but that can wait. Once I'm done with all that I'll consider next gen but I do still have some PS3 games too.

Nothing on Xbox One or PS4 entices me enough to drop money on a new system. Couldn't care less, to be honest.

Dude, have you seen Zoo Tycoon?

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Welp, gently caress work I'm gonna do Black Friday tomorrow then!!!!

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Aphrodite posted:

Dude, have you seen Zoo Tycoon?

If I recall correctly, it's going to get both a 360 and a PC version. That's hearsay from the Giant Bomb chat, though.

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

flatluigi posted:

If I recall correctly, it's going to get both a 360 and a PC version. That's hearsay from the Giant Bomb chat, though.

I haven't heard anything about a PC release but apparently the 360 version (already out) is missing half the animals, and the maps are smaller. No online or kinect either.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Tempo 119 posted:

I haven't heard anything about a PC release but apparently the 360 version (already out) is missing half the animals, and the maps are smaller. No online or kinect either.

The maps being smaller seems like a real potential issue considering I've heard complaints about small maps already in the One version.

Cams close to picking a copy up, to the point where I had driven to the store to buy one, and at the last second happened to have some sort if gamer's remorse for even considering it when DR3 was right there and ended up going home with that instead.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Does anyone else have the Vigilante 8 Arcade? I love the game, but I haven't seen anyone online for it ever.

I could also stand to dust off Perfect Dark, for that matter...

Mental Midget
Apr 18, 2005

We're glad you could play SQIV. As usual, you've been a real pantload.
I'm really cleaning up with Amazon on 360 games this year. I've spent about $100 so far and am getting these games delivered tomorrow - haven't played a single one of them yet. Time to clear the backlog!

Transformers Fall of Cybertron
Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen
Castlevania Lords of Shadow
Red Dead Redemption GOTY
Dark Souls (already own this on PC but want to try the console experience)
Metal Gear Rising Revengeance
GTA 5

Who needs next Gen, I got some drat games I need to play!

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

Mental Midget posted:

I'm really cleaning up with Amazon on 360 games this year. I've spent about $100 so far and am getting these games delivered tomorrow - haven't played a single one of them yet. Time to clear the backlog!

Sounds great but why would you do this to yourself? There are certain parts in the console version where the frame-rate becomes an issue.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

MZ posted:

Sounds great but why would you do this to yourself? There are certain parts in the console version where the frame-rate becomes an issue.

Probably because he wants to try out the multiplayer. :v:

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Mental Midget posted:

Transformers Fall of Cybertron
Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen
Castlevania Lords of Shadow
Red Dead Redemption GOTY
Metal Gear Rising Revengeance
GTA 5

Who needs next Gen, I got some drat games I need to play!

Red Dead Redemption is my choice for game of this generation. It's just perfect in pretty much every way.

I love westerns though, so finally getting the ideal western game really hit me hard.

Edit: and now what I came here to post. Has Tell Tale given any updates on the schedule of Wolf Among Us? Episode 1 was so great, can't wait for the rest to drop. The music and art style in that game is fantastic.

Blast Fantasto fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Nov 29, 2013

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Zero Star posted:

And while you're waiting, get EDF 2017

Amazon has for $80 new ... :wtf:

I already own it but saw it while looking at something else. I.A. is almost $44.

Edit; watching Netflix for the first time since the app updated and everything is really dark, some shows are unwatchable. Anyone else?

wormil fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Nov 29, 2013

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Is Arkham Origins worth $30?

Between the bugs and the obvious rehash of City it got a pretty lukewarm reception.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Oxxidation posted:

Between the bugs and the obvious rehash of City it got a pretty lukewarm reception.

It's really not very good, but the most damning thing is how short it is. If you go for 100% I guess it'll take a while but if you just want to play through the campaign it's not going to last you all that long.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Oxxidation posted:

Nah, just rent it instead.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Father Wendigo posted:

Does anyone else have the Vigilante 8 Arcade? I love the game, but I haven't seen anyone online for it ever.

I could also stand to dust off Perfect Dark, for that matter...

Always with the Perfect Dark, you are. Yeah, I'm up for some. Don't know when, though. Maybe tomorrow? I can't find my mic, so no chatting for me.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
When do the black friday sales go live?

I want Dark Arisen.

Ronald Duck
Jun 26, 2005
My mum says I’m cool.

Alteisen posted:

When do the black friday sales go live?

I want Dark Arisen.

I think it's on sale now http://marketplace.xbox.com/Product/Dragons-Dogma/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80243430814?nosplash=1 $13.59

What's its normal price?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Is Dragon's Dogma worth playing if you don't have Gold? Because I no longer have Gold.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

crowfeathers posted:

Is Dragon's Dogma worth playing if you don't have Gold? Because I no longer have Gold.

Dragon's Dogma is a fantastic game, Gold or no. Friend people and I think you can hire their pawns for free regardless of wether you have Gold or not.

Rollie the Guar
Sep 12, 2011

You can't change nature, Jack.
All of the online features work fine without gold, actually.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
Either I can't read or my memory is terrible, but is DD: Dark Arisen a standalone game or do you need the original DD for it?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Radio Paranoia posted:

Either I can't read or my memory is terrible, but is DD: Dark Arisen a standalone game or do you need the original DD for it?

It's essentially a re-release, so you don't need the original.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Radio Paranoia posted:

It's standalone.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Radio Paranoia posted:

It's a standalone game.

Captain Keekles
Jan 28, 2007

Stomper Go Dumb

ZeeBoi posted:

You know games for gold are gonna continue to be a letdown so why bother being surprised? :P

I still get a little hope every other week that the announcement of upcoming sales on XBL won't suck, even though I realistically should have given up a couple years ago.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Radio Paranoia posted:

Not just standalone as everyone else said, but you can't upgrade DD to it.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
AC3 and AC4 or 15 and 35 bucks respectively on Amazon right now. drat you impulse buy reaction, drat you.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

When I went to Walmart at 2am last night there were a bunch of unwanted, unloved Asscreed3's marked down to $5.

Captain Keekles posted:

I still get a little hope every other week that the announcement of upcoming sales on XBL won't suck, even though I realistically should have given up a couple years ago.

The sales around Black Friday / Christmas have been pretty good the last couple of years. The rest of the year though, the Deals of the Week are usually total garbage, not that XBLA's offerings itself are all that great these days either.

raditts fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Nov 29, 2013

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

raditts posted:

When I went to Walmart at 2am last night there were a bunch of unwanted, unloved Asscreed3's marked down to $5.

I wandered around Wally World around 4 this morning before work and the electronics section was torn to shreds. Oh well, not gonna cry about :10bux:

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
I recently got a television for the master bedroom but it lacks a VGA input. Has anyone ever used a VGA-to-HDMI converter? My dust-covered XBox360 is one of the earlier models with no HDMI out, and I'd like to boot up Red Dead Redemption on the big screen.

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.
My main question as a 360 owner is: How many times have you folks actually completed a marathon game of Hexic HD? I've only ever managed it once, and not through lack of trying.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

My only real experience with HexicHD is when I use it as an example of bad sound design for my students. :smug:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

LLCoolJD posted:

I recently got a television for the master bedroom but it lacks a VGA input. Has anyone ever used a VGA-to-HDMI converter? My dust-covered XBox360 is one of the earlier models with no HDMI out, and I'd like to boot up Red Dead Redemption on the big screen.

Is there a reason you can't use component?

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
So are there any XBL Gold deals this Friday or Monday? I think mine runs out on Dec 1 or something close.

Edit: From Amazon or marketplace or wherever.

Ape Agitator fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Nov 29, 2013

Daedo
May 5, 2002
From the list of Black Friday only XBL deals, whats worth picking up? Already took the plunge with Dragons Dogma, is anything else worth a shot?

Already looking to Monday to buy Dark Souls and Blood Dragon!

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Ape Agitator posted:

So are there any XBL Gold deals this Friday or Monday? I think mine runs out on Dec 1 or something close.

Edit: From Amazon or marketplace or wherever.

Target has 3 month cards for $10 right now, I don't know if that's online too though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Aphrodite posted:

Is there a reason you can't use component?

Nope. I didn't realize that was an option. Those are cheap on Amazon so I think that's the problem solved. Thanks.

• Locked thread