Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Does anyone else have the Vigilante 8 Arcade? I love the game, but I haven't seen anyone online for it ever.

I could also stand to dust off Perfect Dark, for that matter...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

My only real experience with HexicHD is when I use it as an example of bad sound design for my students. :smug:
That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. BUT IT'S WRONG. :byodood:

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Perfect Dark Arcade Trip Report:

Participants: Neo Helbeast, Kid Krampus, Father Wendigo

Best Weapons for Matches Without Simulants: N-Bombs, Combat Drugs

Best Weapons for Matches With Simulants: N-Bombs, Combat Drugs, Cloaking Devices

Best Weapons/Modes to use With 8 Perfect-Grade Peace Simulants: Too many to name, this game's AI is schizophrenic and it's great.

Best Way to play 3 Players vs. 8 Meat-Perfect Grade Fist Simulants: Slow firing weapons, combat drugs, cloaking devices, OH GOD RUN. They get together like a pack of feral dogs and just tear everyone apart. You think 'Oh, they're just a bunch of meat-sims and a ringer, how hard can it b-' and then you're respawning.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

drat, I should have gotten in on that.
Sorry man, last night's game was only open to people with correct opinions about Hexic having bomb-rear end sound design. You're welcome to join us next time, though! :shobon: (also you weren't on at the time)

Oh, also...

Father, please... Listen to it again, and then go play Bejeweled 3, which has perfect sound design for a puzzle game. Whomever worked on HexicHD really didn't pull it off very well.
This? It's WRONG. :byodood:

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Now that's some blast processed A.I. :thumbsup:

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Shadow225 posted:

How often do you guys play, and is it just limited to PDark?

Speaking as the loudmouth depressive pseudo-alcoholic of the group, we bonded over BL2 with the occasional foray into Perfect Dark and a few other genres per person.

Neo Helbeast is into Fighters, I'm into stupid things like Vigilante 8: Arcade, and Krampus is into psychedelic drugs. There's other people in the crew, but we keep them hidden behind a paywall.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Wendigo, you've made me decide to order the mic cables from monoprice that I'm missing just so I can taunt my prey as I hunt you all down like dogs.

:catstare:

Sir, you have offended my delicate sensibilities. I demand a duel of N-Grenades, Combat Drugs, Cloaking Devices, and a dozen Perfect Peace Sims running interference at dawn!

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

coyo7e posted:

"File is corrupt."

The Microsoft 2013 experience. :shrek:

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Shadow225 posted:

I'll throw you an invite as Big Boswell. I don't have any BL2 DLC because my copy was stolen last Christmas, but if you don't mind playing vanilla or like Bomberman or something, I'm down.

Sure, I'm down for some vanilla BL2. What level were you when you dropped?

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Battlefield 3 (and probably 4) has incredible sound design.
Battlefield 4's pretty solid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28VlyKdYUsM

Also, if you're interested in horrible sound design, play Hexic HD.
Oh you motherfucker. :kimchi:

Provided the incoming ice storm doesn't knock out power/internet, I'll be online tonight for PD.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Shadow225 posted:

I'll be available around 8:30 or 9 CST for some PD.

Paging Big Boswell. Big Boswell, please report to the test chamber.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

I really need my headset hooked up and ready to go. That being said, I'm loving getting back into PD. Soon, though, I'd love a non-simulant showdown. You, me, and whomever else wants to die. You pick the map.

All I ask is no Farsight, because either I'll be trolled by it, or I'll do the trolling.

N-Grenades and Combat Boost it is, then. :getin:

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Just a reminder: today may or may not be the last day to get Perfect Dark Classic for only $1.99!

Yes, for only two dollars you can join the illustrious halves of dozens of people on this very forum shooting people in the face and crotch! The reviews are in -

Neo Helbeast posted:

Wendigo, here are your highlights :byodood: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCTe6a-O_VA
Perfect Dark really is the greatest online game :allears:

Mill Village posted:

So Perfect Dark is currently $2. Everyone should buy it.

Big Boswell posted:

Christ the Speed sim scored forty kills above second place. Wendigo, change it.

Father Wendigo posted:

You're right, we need to see what 6 speed sims are capable of.

Father Wendigo posted:

N-Grenades and Combat Boost it is, then. :getin:
Why do you hate guns/fun?

'Man, someone drops an N-bomb and then y'all lose your poo poo.' :smug:

BUY IT NOW, ASSHOLES.

Also, does anyone wanna do some multi-player Peggle? I think I'm getting 'The Fever' again.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Alteisen posted:

Its back to $10.

Oh well, I didn't want it anyway. :smith:

It's still up for me here in Freedom Land as of 6:25 p.m. Go to the Games tab on your dashboard, and you should see an alien in an American Flag vest with '$1.99 Limited Time Offer!'

p.s. gently caress Regional Sales

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Alteisen posted:

Why the gently caress is it ONLY a sale through that thing. :confused:

Anyway, thanks I got it. :woop:

Congratulations on buying it!

Unfortunately, you have not been initiated into The Darkness. Please submit your Gamer Tag for proper N-Grenade The Darkness initiation. :kheldragar:

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Rarity posted:

And miss out on walking into the Fighters Guild to find a guy walking around naked? I think not!
Don't worry, there can be multiple packs of 3-5 naked Couriers running around Skyrim at any given time.

If you got Perfect Dark, drop me a friend invite. My gt's the same as my username here, right down to the space.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

!!!THIRTY MINUTEish WARNING!!!

Some losers will be playing Perfect Dark in about thirty minutes. If you have purchased Perfect Dark and would like a full refund, please message gt: Father Wendigo for full details (you chump).

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Alteisen posted:

Add me so I can borrow your pawn.

And some PD.

What's your gamertag?

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Fibby Boy posted:

The season pass will nab you the four main dlcs. (Pirate Booty, Torgue, Hammerlock's hunt, and Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon keep.) The two extra characters, all the customization stuff, and the two head hunter packs aren't covered with the season pass.
It does include the new UVHM, but it doesn't include Digistruct Peak. Both of which increase the level cap (with increasingly questionable results), while the latter has a 'Cut you with a linoleum knife and squeeze lemon juice in the wound' challenge map.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Oxxidation posted:

I know I said early that Saints Row 4 ran like poo poo on the 360, but after a while I stopped noticing so much, and then I stopped noticing other things, like the passage of time or my own body's need for sustenance.

That game's gratification curve must have been developed in a secret underground lab or something, because it starts you at a level normally reserved for the endgame of big explodey action titles and then keeps ramping up from there.

I imagine it's been repeated in this thread more than once, but SR4 is literally one of - if not the best superhero games made to date. It's really a shame neither of the big two have picked up on it yet, because this game's engine was made to be one following you as the newest addition to the Avengers Initiative Act in [LOCATION, U.S.A.].

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Shadow225 posted:

Plus, we can have PEGGLE PARTIES
No words can describe the joy and learning you will gleam from Peggle Parties. I say this having participated in one of these the other night, n

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

coyo7e posted:

DO NOT loving BUY DAGGERDALE
Good God THIS. Daggerdale is the result of a lawsuit against Atari buying and squatting on the D&D videogame license. It was kludged together in about a year by reusing the engine they made their previous D&D game, Demon Stone, back in 2004.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Bobby Deluxe posted:

No, I meant I bought it because I love building characters in d&d games, so I was sorely disappointed when the character options were even more limited than Diablo 3.
Sorry man, Daggerdale was a hastily thrown together Potemkin Village of a game made with minimal effort to try and ward off a lawsuit.

On the bright side, Atari was forced to settle out of court and lost their exclusivity deal. That means that the future might hold a decent D&D game. :)

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

It took me a little bit, but holy poo poo, do I love Civ Rev. I love Civ 4, had Rev on my DS years ago, and finally got it for 360. I wasn't sure I could get back into the streamlined aspect of it, but it all came back.

I hate you, Napoleon... You tri-cornered hat-wearing gently caress. You took Chicago. I will take your life.
Please tell me you still have your headset. I picked up Bejeweled 3 when it was 89¢, and... I have words for you. Words that must be heard.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Words of respect and thanks? The game sounds beautiful.

EDIT: Yes, I still have my headset.

Good, be sure to have it tonight. I need to make sure you're actually capable of hearing and discerning sound.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Sorry, can't hear your complaints over your dying screams in Perfect Dark.

THAT TEARS IT

YOU, ME, BOSWELL, OTHER GUYS. N-BOMBS UNTIL OUR HARDDRIVES BLEED.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Shadow225 posted:

I've been waiting 2 months for these sentences.

As you're on the Bone and that dastardly coward Robot Cousin is nowhere to be seen on Live, I propose that we meet up tomorrow night between 6 and 7 CST.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

I just may be online tomorrow night.

If I had a glove, I'd slap you across the face.

First match of the night will be NoWeapons/CombatBoost with Perfect Speed Sims as per the Dastardly Coward's request.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

I just may be online tomorrow night.

If I had a glove, I'd slap you across the face.

I've been online for an hour now. You're online, but refuse to play. I can only take this as an admission of cowardice and that Hexic's sound design is superior to Bejeweled 3.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Jesus, I have tried and tried to get that one, but no luck so far :smith: Any advice?

Here's some advice: get better taste in game sound design. :v:

When are you up for some Perfect Dark?

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

ChibiSoma posted:

Re: Borderlands 2 DLC being on sale, got a few questions.

I played B2 around release and never beat it. The game seemed balanced around 4 players even if you went solo. Enemies were very bullet spongy. The worst I saw was the area with the Minecraft secret. There's a giant lava worm there. Every time it'd pop out of the ground, it killed me in one shot. My weapons did almost nothing to it, too. The only reason I got by it was with Zero's invisibility, and even then it took about an hour. That been fixed? Like, will enemies have a reasonable amount of health when playing solo, or do they still expect you to only play when you have a full posse with you?

I know the season pass and the GotY versions both don't have all the DLC (which is loving dumb) and I really don't give a toss about the Psycho dude, but what other content would I want to grab? What all has achievements tied to it, what's good for the cost, etc. I know I can ignore all those cosmetic packs. But what's the Headhunter stuff? Is the Ultimate Vault Hunter 2 pack worth it?

tl;dr: Borderlands 2 has too much DLC.

Having the right (read: game breaking) guns makes a world of difference. BL2's weapon scaling/balance is a smoldering disaster, and you are kind of pigeonholed into choosing certain types/models/manufacturers of guns as you level up. The late game introduced in Digistruct Peak is an abomination of anti-fun when presented as is.

I don't know if I've still got anything awesome at the lower levels, but I'll be happy to give you what I've got left if you see me on Live. The 1-61 is still doable and pretty fun, all things considered.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

ChibiSoma posted:

I think I'll look into it. Season Pass + Krieg + Ultimate Vault 2 sounds like my best path if I want to experience most of it. Dunno if the Headhunter stuff's any good. Also, nice to hear that it was maybe just my lack of grinding for guns that made things harder than they needed to be. I never did watch the half dozen places Gearbox gave out key codes for that chest in the City. Seemed like that was the best way to get some overpowered poo poo early.

You can avoid UV2, as Season Pass gets you UVHM1 included free. That gets you up to 61, which is an ideal time to stop leveling - some things [Assault Rifles, Bandit guns, Dahl guns, Jakobs guns] cease being feasible and can't be brought back.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

raditts posted:

Do you still play? I burned out after the regular campaign and a couple of the DLCs and I haven't played it in months, but I kinda want to pick it up again sometime soon since I have DLCs I haven't even touched.
Sure! Just PM me when you're down for a night and I'll try to make arrangements. You're East Coast time, right?

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Jerry Cotton posted:

Anyone up for Borderlands 2 next week-end? (I know I know; I've quit drinking) Never played it co-op and only played Borderlands multi-player for like two hours. Got a level 30ish turret guy man dude and it's getting sort of samey.

Sure, what's your GT?

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Jerry Cotton posted:

:doh:. Lauri3000.
Request sent, ding me when you've got time and we'll kill things.

Tsietisin posted:

I would probably get involved in some Borderlands 2. I've been playing a lot recently and would like to play online more. 54 Acton and 41 Gaige currently.
What's your GT? I'll drop you a Frien-vite, too.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

It's stupid and pointless (for me), but I'm happy that Dark Souls is one of the games for June. Can't wait to not need my disc!

Also, I've never played Charlie Murder before.

Also also, Father Wendigo, I'm up for some Perfect Dark next week or so, if you're up for dying a lot. Seriously, "Goon Perfect Dark" is the best.

We start tomorrow evening, Wednesday. Name the time and timezone. I will n-bomb the sass talk right out of your sass mouth, sassy cat.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Just hitting 'confirm download' should be enough.

As an aside, if you wanna get in early (or if your wife/gf wants to conspire to see the sass and bad opinions about VG Sound Design slapped from upside your head) I'll be online most of this weekend. Possibly playing BL2 with people.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

I really enjoyed Whored Mode.

Took me way too long to 'get' the name, though.

EDIT: Father Wendigo: N-bombs at dawn (or sometime soonish)?

Tonight-ish okay? What time will you be online?

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Add me, GT is Robot Cousin.

I'm also up for games of Perfect Dark or Vigilante 8: Arcade. GT is same as my username.

What's your timezone relative to the U.S.?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Akuma posted:

What the gently caress, I just checked the price of Watch Dogs on 360 on Xbox.com because I'm kind of interested in it. £55?! (That's over $90 for our American friends) What the gently caress? Who would pay that? No sale, Ubisoft. No loving sale.

Hey, they have to recoup the $68,000,000 they spent somehow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idA9BEA4Hxs

It's like they surpassed Triple A and went all the way to Nonuple A.

• Locked thread